NOX

Carrie

I'm intrigued by anything patchouli, and the combo of black raspberry and patchouli caught my eye. This starts off mildly resinous on my skin and over the hours becomes more and more interesting as the sweetly mellow raspberry note blooms voluptuously. Quite a stealthy, under-the-radar sexy scent, nicely done!

• 3 weeks later...

I put this one on before going to bed. At first I thought I was picking up an edge of something vaguely similar to blackberry or blackcurrant - there was a layer of dark fruitiness in there - but I read the description in the morning and now know this to be black raspberry.

This is a nice darkly elegant, without being overly-resinous or overwhelming perfume. For those who are a bit wary of patchouli, the patchouli here is not the patchouli of new-age shops and the 60s, I think with patchouli it comes down to quality and this is elegant and rounded. Overall, the balance is fantastic and very sexy. :lol:

May

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with both Carrie an May on this one. Very nice and fruity, yet dark and resinous.....not "overdone" in the least....VERY nice! I also like the protection "intent" behind this one......it even smells warm and comforting.....good job!

• 1 month later...

In the sample vial I get a strong hit of berry smell. It has a touch of cough syrup to it ( this happens to me with most berry and fruit notes) as it dries it seems slightly less alcoholic. I get only a touch of resins on the dry down, and it's still mostly berries. I don't really love fruity smells so I'll probably swap this one.

This one grows on me the more I wear it.......I wore it a couple of times over the weekend, and find it to be soothing and comforting. We had spent a few hours out in the cold and wind Sat, putting out flyers for my tax practice.....when I got home, I had a hot shower, a cup of tea, and NOX. It seemed to have a relaxing effect on me......

• 2 months later...

For those of you who have not sampled NOX, and are looking for something that is soothing and comforting, you need to try it.....fruity, dark, and very lovely.......I love applying this one before bed......

Edited by Dolly

For those of you who have not sampled NOX, and are looking for something that is soothing and comforting, you need to try it.....fruity, dark, and very lovely.......I love applying this one before bed......

I added this to my order as a freebie. I wanted to try something that I looked past like 20 times. Glad that this has the Dolly reccomendation on it, I look forward to trying it out when my order comes...I believe I am more excited about my LP then my pheros! OMG :rolleyes:

I added this to my order as a freebie. I wanted to try something that I looked past like 20 times. Glad that this has the Dolly reccomendation on it, I look forward to trying it out when my order comes...I believe I am more excited about my LP then my pheros! OMG :rolleyes:

Oh, I think you'll like it..... :)

I love this scent! It is very comforting ;)

Isn't it though? It's one of my favorites for bedtime.....

So funny, for me 11 is the one I turn to for the same reasons... :blink:

I think that everybody has scents that soothe them for one reason or another.....for me, the ones that I find most comforting are NOX, Messalina, and Mermaids (love the avatar, btw.... :) ).....

• 2 weeks later...

Review:

1st sniff - a green fruity smell, very sweet but yummy... not the normal smell I like...

On arm - same scent, wow this smells delicious

5 minutes - what? sharp green smell, but not bad, but where did that sweet go

10 minute - ack... VERY sweet almost rotting fruit sweet, just too much

15 minutes - sharp green medicinal, almost like a green medicine... not bad, just not something I keep wanting to sniff.

I tried this 3 times, twice on my period, once off... and the same pattern every time... ~pouts~ very disappointed... it don't like me at all.

Once thing I have really been noticing about LP stuff is even if my skin makes it go wonky (which it does to alot of stuff) it smells so good as long as it isn't touching my skin.... I am really going to have to invest in a scent locket.

Review:

1st sniff - a green fruity smell, very sweet but yummy... not the normal smell I like...

On arm - same scent, wow this smells delicious

5 minutes - what? sharp green smell, but not bad, but where did that sweet go

10 minute - ack... VERY sweet almost rotting fruit sweet, just too much

15 minutes - sharp green medicinal, almost like a green medicine... not bad, just not something I keep wanting to sniff.

I tried this 3 times, twice on my period, once off... and the same pattern every time... ~pouts~ very disappointed... it don't like me at all.

Once thing I have really been noticing about LP stuff is even if my skin makes it go wonky (which it does to alot of stuff) it smells so good as long as it isn't touching my skin.... I am really going to have to invest in a scent locket.

was just going to suggest that ...I never thought about it before I traded away my NOX. It definitley did not like my skin either - everyone else loves the stuff, but it didn't love me. Now that I can either try the D5 or a scent locket, I'll probably do more thorough testing before I decide a fragrance isn't for me.

As I've indicated from my top five, I'm a big fan of Blood Martini...I love berry scents but many that I've tried from any number of artisan perfumers end up smelling rather medicinal on me, I'm sure others have experienced that as well. Or whatever the effect it's just not "true." But Blood Martini is the first berry scent I've worn where the berries were deep, dark, and delicious and absolutely true. So when I saw that Mara had concocted a new dark berry scent I was all YAIS PLZ!

There isn't a lot of morphing which happens from the vial to my skin, which is a fabulous thing. Amber and myrrh were made for one another, IMO, and together with the patchouli it creates a very sensuous base. The black raspberry sort of floats in the middle of all of it, but the resins build in the drydown and it becomes less of a berry scent over time, but I still enjoy it very much.

Like Blood Martini, NOX makes me want to put on my best Business Goth attire and go find a charming vampire to chat up in a dark corner somewhere... :(

Edited by luna65

As I've indicated from my top five, I'm a big fan of Blood Martini...I love berry scents but many that I've tried from any number of artisan perfumers end up smelling rather medicinal on me, I'm sure others have experienced that as well. Or whatever the effect it's just not "true." But Blood Martini is the first berry scent I've worn where the berries were deep, dark, and delicious and absolutely true. So when I saw that Mara had concocted a new dark berry scent I was all YAIS PLZ!

There isn't a lot of morphing which happens from the vial to my skin, which is a fabulous thing. Amber and myrrh were made for one another, IMO, and together with the patchouli it creates a very sensuous base. The black raspberry sort of floats in the middle of all it, but the resins build in the drydown and it becomes less of a berry scent over time, but I still enjoy it very much.

Like Blood Martini, NOX makes me want to put on my best Business Goth attire and go find a charming vampire to chat up in a dark corner somewhere... :(

Great Review! Thanks! i cant wait to get this one!

• 4 months later...

I thought I would revive this old thread for some of our newbies......and because this is one of the potions involved in the sale.....

I STILL love this potion.......I love the protection intent behind it, and it smells absolutely heavenly. YES, I am FINALLY getting a full bottle of it......I have gone through numerous samples.....some were free sniffees, some were forum freebies, and some were obtained in trades......NOW, it's time to get a bottle.

On the nights when my sweetie is not staying over, I wear it to bed, and it makes me feel warm and a little more secure.....like I AM being watched over and protected. I also wear it during the day when I am not up to snuff.....you know, those days where you just feel a little "skittish", and you feel like you need somebody to "have your back"......that is what NOX does for me. Like a security blanket. PLUS the fact that the scent is warm and rich, without being at all overpowering.....

I finally brokedown and tried Nox. I had recv'd small sample once, took a whiff from bottle and only got the "berries", ack ! But everyone is always raving about it and decided to swipe a bit on my hand, big difference. While yes I got a tremendous punch of that "berry" stuff, it died down almost as quickly as it hit me. All that's left is a faint fruity scent but, patchouli comes through loud and clear (similar to Sug'd Patchouli) with all that other gooey resinous stuff. Okay.... I'm sold !

Edited by liz

I have burned through several samples.....so glad I am getting a full bottle in my package!!

• 3 weeks later...

Holy sweet mother of God! I tried this for the first time last night. I got a huge swiff of the Black Raspberry. It smelled rather deep and masculine on me for about two minutes (not a complaint by the way). I had to be careful, my first response was to make a pass on myself. :D What a fantastic fragrance. You ladies are right, this is a very warm comforting fragrance. Perfect for nighttime activities. Hehe!

• 2 months later...

;)

Because of the sale i am trying as many of my samples as i can [half price bottles - can't let that slip past]

Nox is wonderful and now in my top 5, i love the soft berry with a warm comforting smell underneath. I totally agree - it is not a cloying sickening sweet smell but a delicious dark fresh berry scent but i don't have the wind down affect that others mentioned, i get the get up and go feeling when i wear this - although it could just be my excitement of discovering new scents that are true to their descriptions and wonderful [even one - (cleo's blend) i gave a not so good review the other day has grown on me - it has moved from my no pile to maybe pile]

I just HAD TO have another bottle.....this is one of my favorite bedtime scents......I am hoarding again! I am a bad girl......

Edited by Dolly

I am right there with you. I too bought a "spare" in the sale! Couldn't pass up getting dups of those i love at half price!

Well, I just bought another one, after I started contemplating the thought of it selling out, and never being re-brewed......so, I'll have 2 and a half bottles of this one for my sleepy-time and relaxation use! I love it....it calms me wonderfully!

Dolly, thanks to your raves I got one of these in the sale and I'm so glad I did!! I wore a bit last night and it's wonderful!! And talk about staying power!! Still very present this morning!! Thank you for some fabulous enabling!

Dolly, thanks to your raves I got one of these in the sale and I'm so glad I did!! I wore a bit last night and it's wonderful!! And talk about staying power!! Still very present this morning!! Thank you for some fabulous enabling!

You're very welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do......I'm wearing it right now, as a matter of fact!

• 2 years later...

This is for the 2009 rebrew: in the vial I get a dark fizzy scent, which blooms into a deep fruity resin blend after a few seconds on my skin.

It doesn't take long for the patchouli and myrrh to show up, adding a bit of an edge and cutting through the fruitiness. Nox is a dark scent indeed, but it's more on the "deep and comforting" end of the spectrum than "brooding and mysterious".