Pendragon for Men

luna65

First of all...dudes of the community, y'all are falling down on the job. :) Don't you know we need your manflesh testing to know if we want to try things on our nearby (or in some cases not-so-near) manflesh?!

Onto this scent. My first impression, which remains the prominent impression is clean and green. It's sort of like Eye of the Storm, which has a "wet green" feel to me. But it's not as green as, say, FROG. Nor is it as aquatic as Northshore. Actually it sort of reminds me of Bayou Musk but not as dark. This makes me think of a certain soap but it's not aping that scent, it's just that the fern and olive leaf are very present on my skin. The drydown makes me think of a clean soapy skin musk. Q will love this, I think, as would anyone who wants to smell clean and appropriately male.

So, XYs, now you have two very nice daytime scents for work and whatnot in Legend and Pendragon...and therefore you can focus your efforts on the nightside of life because it's incredibly important to smell sexy, trust me on this. :J005:

Edited by luna65

First of all...dudes of the community, y'all are falling down on the job. :) Don't you know we need your manflesh testing to know if we want to try things on our nearby (or in some cases not-so-near) manflesh?!

Sorry Miss J, I'm just not a green scent kinda guy. Musks, resins, foodie scents (former "husky" kid), some florals (Boddice Ripper)? :jumpforjoy:

Sorry Miss J, I'm just not a green scent kinda guy. Musks, resins, foodie scents (former "husky" kid), some florals (Boddice Ripper)? :)

Speaking as a still "husky" kid I can second the foodie scents. I do have a sample of Pendragon on the way, does that count?

...and that is why you're my special pal, Mr. R sweetie-pie...we're scent twins!

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...

I surprised myself by really liking this one. I never considered myself an aquatic fan, but this is distinctly transparent and watery. Very nice!

Now, DH, he was busily obsessed with smelling Excalibur, so his only comment was "Yes, that one's nice too." But I think with greater reflection he will appreciate it, as he adores FROG and Northshore both. Pendragon is lovely daywear.

So this is what an aquatic scent smells like? This scent makes me a happy Snoopy dog. :D *woof*

I just got my sample vial of it today and have already decided to buy a bottle. I really like this scent. Very clean and slightly soapy on me. Perfect for the warmer days ahead. I ended up flipping a coin between trying this one or Fade to Black first. Either way, they both smell great and I can tell that I'm going to be wearing a lot more of Pendragon very soon.

I can see where this is a very good scent for a work environment because it is very clean, (I like Pony's description of the being 'transparent and watery'- very true) but I also think this will be a scent that will work for a lot of outdoor events where you don't want or need a really strong cologne. Another home run!

Eye of the Storm and Northshore can be considered aquatics as well, if you've tried either one.

Q did like this one very much (as I knew he would), although he had to chuckle at what he said was the perceived irony of a Pict wearing a fragrance named after a mythical Briton. :D

Edited by luna65

Eye of the Storm and Northshore can be considered aquatics as well, if you've tried either one.

Q did like this one very much (as I knew he would), although he had to chuckle at what he said was the perceived irony of a Pict wearing a fragrance named after a mythical Briton. :D

I haven't tried either of those yet but I'll definitely have to after Pendragon. I like Legend but this one really seems to fit my personality/chemistry a bit better. Between this and Excalibur I just found my day/night combo (hmmm... I sense a trend here. I think I there is a John Boorman film in my future).

(I love his sense of humor, by the way). :party:

• 3 weeks later...
So this is what an aquatic scent smells like? This scent makes me a happy Snoopy dog. :D *woof*

I just got my sample vial of it today and have already decided to buy a bottle. I really like this scent. Very clean and slightly soapy on me. Perfect for the warmer days ahead. I ended up flipping a coin between trying this one or Fade to Black first. Either way, they both smell great and I can tell that I'm going to be wearing a lot more of Pendragon very soon.

I can see where this is a very good scent for a work environment because it is very clean, (I like Pony's description of the being 'transparent and watery'- very true) but I also think this will be a scent that will work for a lot of outdoor events where you don't want or need a really strong cologne. Another home run!

I wore this again last night and I have to stand by what I said before. Very clean, very nice smelling scent that actually worked well even at a Karaoke night. Lots of compliments from it by the woman I was there with. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Still Loving Pendragon. That is all. ;)

• 2 months later...

I got a full bottle of this after hearing about Snoopy's reviews on it.

I ordered mine spiked with animism. Thought it might go well with the description of it.

Initially, I thought it smelled similar to excalibur, though not as ... green? It's a pretty light smell and in comparison it smells sweeter, not that it smells sweet. It's become one of my preferred scents and I find that it seems to stay close to your skin which I enjoy. I dislike being the "cologne guy." It's a very nice, clean smell of something I can only describe as airy-nature. Not so heavy on the green/wood side. If this is what aquatic smells like, I guess I didn't know what it was supposed to smell like before. xD

I got a full bottle of this after hearing about Snoopy's reviews on it.

I ordered mine spiked with animism. Thought it might go well with the description of it.

Initially, I thought it smelled similar to excalibur, though not as ... green? It's a pretty light smell and in comparison it smells sweeter, not that it smells sweet. It's become one of my preferred scents and I find that it seems to stay close to your skin which I enjoy. I dislike being the "cologne guy." It's a very nice, clean smell of something I can only describe as airy-nature. Not so heavy on the green/wood side. If this is what aquatic smells like, I guess I didn't know what it was supposed to smell like before. xD

Glad you like it! I wear this one quite a bit when I'm working because it smells clean, fresh and smooth. It doesn't seem to really offend anyone so it works well for me in a work situation.

• 5 months later...

*sigh* Burned through the sample vial I had fairly recently bought so I decided to spring for a full bottle. Can't wait to get back to wearing this. Guys, this is a great clean scent that really does attract women (not only appropriate for the office) but works great as a casual weekend scent that to me smells like shaving cream.

I got this lightlty scented with B2 and LOVE IT! I'm going to order a sample vial to see what the perfume oil smell like :party::):lol: I love the clean and fresh aspect of the scent :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co My to go scent whenever i dunno what i want to wear for the day :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I got this lightlty scented with B2 and LOVE IT! I'm going to order a sample vial to see what the perfume oil smell like :party::lol::019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co I love the clean and fresh aspect of the scent :) My to go scent whenever i dunno what i want to wear for the day :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I think you will REALLY like the oil version of this. Like I wrote above, I find that after drydown it smells almost like shaving cream where Areion Skye smells like Herbal Essences Shampoo (not a bad thing either) but I REALLY like this one. I honestly didn't expect to like it as much as I do when I originally got it to try.

Oh yay! :D I just realised i like a lot of the masculine scents from LP :lol: Love the clean fresh aspects they bring out :) Can't wait for my next order!! :D:D:D

Oh yay! :D I just realised i like a lot of the masculine scents from LP :) Love the clean fresh aspects they bring out :) Can't wait for my next order!! :D:lol::D

Ditto! Once I started wearing my latest PE I have pretty much been wearing nothing else because of the fresh clean aspects to it. Can't wait for Pendragon to come so I can smell like I just shaved and have women swoon. :)

• 5 months later...

Finally got down to testing this out. Received a 1/8 bottle of this in beta boosted with B2. I like this scent but it didn't last. Very clean and light. Just right for the hot and humid summer. Dabbed some on my husband's hand last night and it seems like he likes it (although he didn't say much after that). I might have to get a bottle but I'm uncertain if it should be a beta spray or in oil. Any advice?

I like sprays for the summer. I stocked up on my clean manly scents for summer. I got Masked Man, Abundance, Velvet Moss, and I have TMI coming. I feel like it's fresher than the oil.

This is another one I want to try out on my list. Is it like Lion Heart? Fresh like that?

I might have to get a bottle but I'm uncertain if it should be a beta spray or in oil. Any advice?

I LOVE the scent!!! OMG.. Got a sample vial from a recent trade and LOVIN' it! Having the fragrance in spray form suits the scent more ;) Tho... if you are like me who LOVESSS powdery "finish" then you should consider getting it in oil form coz it stays on your skin a bit longer than spray. :lol:

This is another one I want to try out on my list. Is it like Lion Heart? Fresh like that?

To me: It is a combination of lion heart and velvet moss :) You get the slight freshness similar to lion heart and the similar powderyness in velvet moss! :) I LOVEEEEEEEEE IT!!! >.<

I get a lot of compliments whenever I wear this so I can't figure out why I forget I have it so often! I don't wear this one much (like I said, not sure why I don't) but I like the scent and all the women around seem to dig it as well.

I feel like it's fresher than the oil.

I feel the same way about spray being lighter than oil.

I haven't tried Lion Heart so I can't help you here. Velvet Moss doesn't turn powdery on me and it's a little masculine for me.

I have Pendragon with B2- sprayed it on my guy fd's chest, neck and OMG.... he smelled AMAZING... I kept going back to him and sniffing the amazingness..... :rolleyes::019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co I was just following him around :w00t:

I have Pendragon with B2- sprayed it on my guy fd's chest, neck and OMG.... he smelled AMAZING... I kept going back to him and sniffing the amazingness..... :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co:019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co:019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co I was just following him around :(

All The Pendragon attention recently has inspired me to wear this tomorrow. It is a great smooth scent.

• 11 months later...

I know each LP is different and unique but could someone tell me if this would be in the same or similar category as Top Dog?I assume so since people are saying it's "clean", so is Top Dog. My boyfriend wants Top Dog without pheros but that isn't available so he still wants it but I am also going to try to get him a sample of something without pheros that he might like. He already has boddice ripper, mapacho and a few others that he wears on occasion but I'm thinkin' that he's leaning towards clean, watery, citrus scents. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. <3

Clean watery scents, huh? How about Merlin's Blend or Eye of the Storm as well as Pendragon? Or Love Potion #9? That is an excellent citrus scent. I really like Pendragon but somehow it gets lost in the shuffle of my other LP's until I decide to wear it and think, 'I forgot how much I like this scent!' Sort of sneaks up on me.

Clean watery scents, huh? How about Merlin's Blend or Eye of the Storm as well as Pendragon? Or Love Potion #9? That is an excellent citrus scent. I really like Pendragon but somehow it gets lost in the shuffle of my other LP's until I decide to wear it and think, 'I forgot how much I like this scent!' Sort of sneaks up on me.

Thank you so much!!! I'm planning my next order so I will definitely add these to the list! It's nice that he's getting a feel for what he prefers, I think I was getting him things that he'd only wear on occasion and now he's talking about how he wants some for daily use. That is exciting for me too b/c now he is having a better understanding of my LP addiction :) So thank you for pointing me in the right direction. He'll have some fun with these I'm sure.

Oh and I was debating whether or not to try out LP#9, I'm glad you mentioned it. I think even I'd sneak a swipe or two of that one.

• 2 months later...

Pendragon didn't really stand out.

Unfortunately after dry down, it left that baby powdery scent that i dread.

As I speak, I have Pendragon on one wrist and Thane on the other and I'm struggling a bit to tell them apart.

• 4 months later...

Lady friends, if you haven't tried this on yourself, do! Wet it's very unmistakably "for men" but within a short time the drydown becomes wonderful - smooth, powdery, grownup, a fancy department store. Fantastic.

Edited by tyvey

• 3 weeks later...

Because this is not Facebook? :P

tyvey: will dig out a sample again since I'm having a green week. :)

ETA: yes I get what you mean by that in the long drydown, it does have a sophisticated polish to it.

• 1 month later...

Go this one in the oil warmer. Smells like "fresh out of a shower" in the vial. Clean and kind of sharp...is that what green smells like? Now that it's wafting through the house, it's SO nice! I just keep thinking "fresh and clean", an attractive aroma for sure :)

• 6 months later...

Onto this scent. My first impression, which remains the prominent impression is clean and green. It's sort of like Eye of the Storm, which has a "wet green" feel to me. But it's not as green as, say, FROG. Nor is it as aquatic as Northshore. The drydown makes me think of a clean soapy skin musk. Q will love this, I think, as would anyone who wants to smell clean and appropriately male.

Wet it's very unmistakably "for men" but within a short time the drydown becomes wonderful - smooth, powdery, grownup, a fancy department store. Fantastic.

I wear this one quite a bit when I'm working because it smells clean, fresh and smooth. It doesn't seem to really offend anyone so it works well for me in a work situation.

I think the above three commentaries very aptly describe this scent. Wet, it goes on aquatic and green, but not an overpowering aquatic and certainly not an overpowering green. It is nowhere near as strong a green as Northshore or Eye of the Storm.

Once it dries down, the green seems to fade, and the aquatic becomes much smoother. I too get that sense of clean and almost powdery, but i guess not where near as powdery as jmartin did in his review.

This is definitely work safe and very day appropriate. I would probably go with something a little stronger for evening wear, though. Well, I would wear it in the evening for Tyvey. ::D:

Q did like this one very much (as I knew he would), although he had to chuckle at what he said was the perceived irony of a Pict wearing a fragrance named after a mythical Briton. :lol:

Colognes can make strange bedfellows.

Edited by quietguy