Eternal Sunshine

Bella15

AD-EternalSunshine-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516

Eternal Sunshine

Conceptualized by one of our male customers, here's a blend for anyone wishing for the lighter side of fragrant in hotter climes. This is a warm weather scent with a cool heart...an assortment of basil EOs from around the world blended with a dash of tarragon and sweet dill, cooling accents of lettuce and eucalyptus, and a drop of peppermint. We then let the sunshine in with bright rays of citrus: lemon blossom, orange peel, bergamot and lemony green tea, all on a sheer smooth base of powdered sandalwood and Tunisian white musk. Light and refreshing, yet sophisticated for any occasion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.
LEMON BLOSSOM ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
ORANGE PEEL ~ Eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples; love, fidelity. Invigorates, protection. Mends quarrels.
TARRAGON ~ Relieves womanly discomforts, improves mental alertness and clarity, dispells negative influences.
SWEET DILL ~ Attracts women, love, protection of the home, affluence, good fortune.
LETTUCE ~ Love, divination, promotes rest.
GREEN TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence
and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really? No one's reviewed this one yet? I searched, and looked in all the review forums... Couldn't find it. Please move this post if needed... should it be in the Men's section?

This one is so clean, so fresh smelling. Just awesome! I could see a guy wearing this, but I like wearing it myself... It's a little green and herb-y at first, but settles down quickly into a lovely, fresh scent. Just showered. Like you're on vacation, and just came in from a day on the beach, got cleaned up and are ready to go out and have some more fun!

Please move this post if needed... should it be in the Men's section?

Although it was dreamed up by a guy it's really unisex so it's okay here.

liking the sound of this if it's not overly masculine? I have a problem with 'herbal' scents often as they can just smell to me like mens deo to me. Love the idea of neroli and lemon blossom though and i like dill. Sounding good for the hot weather we're finally getting here.

This on me smells like a delicious spring salad with herbs, or a very well taken care of herb garden. It's not overly herbal. I think it's a very clean and fresh scent and it made me feel upbeat and satisfied. I also thought I smelled a bit of tomato in this, or something that reminded me of a tomato in a vegetable garden. Like a nice big vegetable salad in cottage somewhere.

I know! Like those Hidden Valley Ranch commercials where the salad looks amazing and you know you would be so happy if you could recreate that salad in that cottage.. like that. This is what this scent reminds me of.

MMMmmm!!! This so sooo good!

I'm surprised I like it. Usually the herbally mens thing is not for me. The foody mens thing like North Pole I love but men and plants? Doesn't do much for me. But this I would love to splash on a man and twirl through the shrubbery.

It is without a doubt fresh and summery. Clean without being soapy.

Something peppery? I don't know... I'm smelling peppery in everything lately.

It's good anyway...not too green at all, especially after drydown.

So I wonder if this scent keeps the bugs at bay also? Please, LMK, I would love to smell fabulous without getting eaten up :)

This is a very classy, light, refined and green scent perfect for ladies and gentlemen too.

I got an initial blast of lemon and bitter bergamot, with a very distinctive grass accord and even some coriander, even though this last ingredient is not listed. It must be the basil I'm getting at this stage, it is somewhat spicy and somewhat minty, but it is not a sharp mint. Maybe eucalyptus takes over basil's minty facet because I hate mint in perfumes most of the time, and I like the herby freshness I'm getting from this one. I also get a sugary feeling from it, even if sugar is not listed I smell light sugared lemons. I couldn't pick out sandalwood or musk, but I do get whiffs of grassy and earthy notes every now and then. It behaved well on my skin for more than an hour and I was liking it so much, but it suddenly turned out soapy :huh: I will be re-testing this one on me later on.

When I smelled this potion my initial impression was that it reminded me of Chanel's Cristalle and A Scent by Issey Miyake, they are incredibly similar and Eternal Sunshine doesn't fall behind in character, elegance and distinction.

It wears close to the skin and the longevity is average, you might need to re-apply during hot weather. I think it is beautifully made and I would like to smell this on a guy. A girl could wear it too, but you need to LOVE green citrus frags.

I really like this but yes, it is rather masculine. It is a dry citrus-herbal musk which actually sort of reminds me of Ares. A more sophisticated version of it; like those Mediterranean type high-end boutique scents which always go for a small fortune and the description tells you it's what Tuscany or Capri smells like. Light and fresh but without that "bracing" quality (which tends to give me a headache) and I like the way the basil and sweet dill sort of tickle the nose on the top of it. I tried to dab this on Quince but he wasn't having it - he said it was too much like his dad. Sad, because it makes me very purr-y, and there aren't a lot of scents of this type which do.

This was a little too herbaceous for me. The basil note is quite prominent, probably due to my having OD'd on basil essential oil a while back. But on BF's skin this smells wonderful, and I was surprised to find that he liked it very much! On him I can detect a bit more of the citrus, and I find the dill an intriguing note. It kind of whips in and out, but never disappears entirely. I hope BF likes this enough to let me buy him a bottle. It smells delicious on him, and of all the labels in the May collection, this was my favourite. I would love to have it to display.

ETA that today BF asked me to give him the "Dude Perfume". I thought he was referring to Pandamaniac, which he loves and wears more often than I ever thought he would. But no. He was after Eternal Sunshine! He loves it - says it makes him smell just-showered clean. So Whoop! I think I might get to buy him a full bottle - which means that *I* get to enjoy that great label *and* smell this on my guy! :D

Edited by Eggers

• 4 weeks later...

This was way too green on me when I first put it on. It dries down ok, but still a bit too green and nothing special in there for me. I think I would need to smell it on a guy to make a proper judgement. Unsure whether to hang onto it in the hopes I can get a guy to wear it, or put it up for tradezies.

I don't think this smells masculine on me at all. It is an amazing morning scent! I wanted something along the lines of Wheel of Fortune the other morning but didn't want to use my last few drops so I tried this again. (Not that it smells like WOF, just a similar vibe to me).

I definitely get quite a bit of basil but the bergamot and other citruses help tame it on me I think.

I went over to Michaels in the morning with this on and relaxed in his hammock under this big tree with ivy all over that he has. A beautiful area to relax in, and the atmosphere with this cleansing scent made for a glorious experience! I could truly feel my whole mood uplifted. What a perfect way to start any day.

I know it doesn't smell too masculine on me because he liked it and he is always quick to turn up his nose if he thinks I am wearing a mens scent!

I love this when it's wet. I get some Dill, and Eucalyptus, it's really well balanced. I tend to really like unisex scents! When this dries down though, it's a bit too soapy for me..... although it IS extremely fresh, and I feel cleaner when I wear it.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this. First of DILL takes centre stage with something behind that smells like spearmint, I know the descrip says peppermint but it is not harsh or bracing. I'm not finding this manly at all, just fresh.

I have decided what I am going to do with this! My sample can go in some organic coconut oil and I am going to use it as deodorant, later I may go FB and put in a beta bottle to spray clothes with as this is not lasting well on my skin with it's high proportion of volatile top notes, but may last way longer on cotton. this would be very nice to take on a train journey to freshen up. It makes me want to drink gin and tonics in the sunshine too.

I'm glad you like it Mel, when you read my description of it and yours and consider we are both smelling the exact same bottle, the benefit of the trading post comes through for me. You get something you want, I get to find a good home for something I didn't like as much, and everyone wins :)

• 1 year later...

Eternal Sunshine

Full review http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8376&do=findComment&comment=322141

Partial, from myself and Spike.

rhiannon - early 30s, female, fair skinned, down to earth style( jeans, tee, sneaks is my daily), strong personality, bi, and a bit androgenous.

Spike - mid 50s, female, lightly tan skin, down to earth style with occasional rugged or classic tendencies ( I mean jeans and tees, but wears flannel sometimes or a buttondown shirt and tie others), fun loving, lesbian, a bit of a boi.

Our portion of the review:

rhiannon: Top notes were a bit soapy, which I like, with the eucalyptus coming in. As it progressed to the middle notes, the soapiness faded some, the eucalyptus was full on, a white musk was entering the equation. After 2 hours in, a bit of fresh linen came in, a bit of the dill, eucalyptus still strong, the musk decided it wanted to co-star, and the lemon blossom made its appearance. Base notes didn't seem to hit until about 6 hours at least, after which the white musk, linen, and lemon blossom were left to intertwine. Very cooling all the way through. The basils didn't come through on my skin, nor did the orange, bergamot or the sandalwood. It never had an aquatic note, but was aquatic adjacent. It started like a cooling soap you'd shower with on a hot day, progressed to a fresh air scented laundry soap and fabric sheet with which to wash your pristine white towels and airy button down white shirt (that you never button), and ended as that same towel that you use to dry off with after a quick dip and a frolic.

Spike: Balanced soapy and eucalyptus in the top notes. In the middle notes, the only differences from mine were the eucalyptus and musk came out to play nicely and didn't try to run the playground, and her skin had a bit of a fresh air carrying the smell of early Spring ( leaves are budding, nothing flowering yet), so I think the dill and lettuce may have shown up and played quietly on the swing set. It faded in the end to linen with a hint of musk. She got to the base notes after 5 hours, so her skin burned through it a little more quickly than the rest of us.

All in all, it was nice, clean, fresh, cool, floral, and a tiny bit sweet. A surprising combination of a very cooling scent, linen, and fabric sheets. You don't typically think that a fabric sheet could be cooling. I wish the basils would have come out for us, but it was pleasant.

• 4 months later...

AD-EternalSunshine-LovePotion_.jpg

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/EternalSunshine/

“Conceptualized by one of our male customers, here's a blend for anyone wishing for the lighter side of fragrant in hotter climes. This is a warm weather scent with a cool heart...an assortment of basil EOs from around the world blended with a dash of tarragon and sweet dill, cooling accents of lettuce and eucalyptus, and a drop of peppermint. We then let the sunshine in with bright rays of citrus: lemon blossom, orange peel, bergamot and lemony green tea, all on a sheer smooth base of powdered sandalwood and Tunisian white musk. Light and refreshing, yet sophisticated for any occasion.”

Eternal Sunshine is classified as an Office-Friendly / Citrusy / Herbal / Springy / Summer scent and is a limited edition fragrance. I liked the double review from "rhiannon" above :D! Someone was kind enough to send me a sample of this fragrance through a trade transaction. The fragrance does invoke its name and I would recommend Eternal Sunshine as a “must try!” Personally, my sample has a place in the travel bag for the next trip to a warm weather climate.

Edited by ComingUpRoses

• 8 months later...

I love this one! I tried it yesterday and it just made me happy every time I smelled it. There was a note that was very intriguing to me, which I couldn't place but now think was the bergamot. I love bergamot.

This scent is clean--very clean--smelling. I found it a little bit soapy, but once again, I enjoy soapy scents. I could pick out what I think was the lemon blossom, and of course the bergamot. Those give it the "happy" feel. :)

I didn't think this scent was "me" (even though I did like it) when I first smelled it in the vial, but I think it became a "me" scent yesterday. I like it very much.

Edited by Lainey

• 3 months later...

This is just about a perfect herbs in the garden scent! I put this on and could have sworn I was watering the clay pots in the early morning. I have mints and bee balm and dill and basil and lemon balm...Mara, have you been gathering herbs from my garden? You go, girl! Take all you want. I LOVE this!