Balm Bomb, B2 or TeddyBB???

I did my due diligence & searched for a topic like this but had no success. Can someone please tell me the diff in these? I want to order one, but reviews all sound good. I need peace, calm, mellow but not necessarily drowsy.

Besides reading the anecdotal evidence of the reviews, the only other thing to do is consider the descriptions and then decide for yourself, you know? There are a couple of threads where the perceived differences in effect between B2 and Teddy Potion BB are discussed.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5687&hl=%2Bteddy+%2Bpotion

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7710&hl=%2Bteddy+%2Bpotion

And then there is this thread:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7674&hl=%2Bteddy+%2Bpotion&do=findComment&comment=235075

LS, Did you ever try The Big Easy?

I've had this same quandary. I have all three but I have the least experience with B2. Let's say that is my next area of study. I have the others in fragrances.

It really depends on my mood, and scent probably plays a roll for me. BTW you can still get Patience Potion (with Balm Bomb) on Art Fire. Always a cost effective and wise way to try a Phero.

If I were you I'd do an ISO for samples on the trade page. You never know.

Hearts Ease was my first foray I n to this area. It's a subtle blend and after a few trials I worked it out.

As far as comparisons, IMO you have to try them. BB (Balm Bomb) is great for just chilling (so is Teddy) and relaxing from stress. It also "seems" to ease sadness.

The other two are great for PMS type stuff and calming a room full of fussy girls. Honestly they are all effective in their own way.

If you look at the threads you'll find some LP'ers swear by one more than the otheres but it's really varied. The reviews really helped me. But as I said try an ISO and consider that Patience Potion.

B2 is the formula that Diane did for Mara when Chris was not formulating. It is 50% A1 which is the calming phero. TeddyBB is the A1 formula that Chris did when he came back. B2 is discontinued so when it is sold out it won't be back. TeddyBB is the replacement. Most people prefer TeddyBB, including Mara who feels like it is smoother and better balanced. I prefer B2 because A1 is my favorite molecule so I like that it is A1 heavy. Balm Bomb also has A1 but not as much. I actually like BB better than TeddyBB which does nothing for me. It really comes down to personal preference. None of them put me to sleep but some people get drowsy from A1. If you are one of them you'd want to avoid B2.

With my experience B2 and TeddyBB do nada for me. I recently purchased Big Easy on the trades, because the smell is very soothing to me and it relaxes me. BB is the motherfucking shit YO. This is def my next UN purchase. It takes me from wanting to murder people, to wanting to bake cookies. I don't really care how it makes others around me feel, I care about how it makes me feel. If I feel good, people live.

I forgot to add, TeddyBB makes my sister slip into a coma. I sprayed some on her and she fell asleep.

I laughed and ate her food.

Edited by LadyVictoria

Besides reading the anecdotal evidence of the reviews, the only other thing to do is consider the descriptions and then decide for yourself, you know? There are a couple of threads where the perceived differences in effect between B2 and Teddy Potion BB are discussed.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5687&hl=%2Bteddy+%2Bpotion

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7710&hl=%2Bteddy+%2Bpotion

And then there is this thread:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7674&hl=%2Bteddy+%2Bpotion&do=findComment&comment=235075

TY Luna. I must admit, when I was typing the post I was secretly wishing you would somehow see it & respond. You always pack a punch in your short posts & I get led in the right direction.

With my experience B2 and TeddyBB do nada for me. I recently purchased Big Easy on the trades, because the smell is very soothing to me and it relaxes me. BB is the motherfucking shit YO. This is def my next UN purchase. It takes me from wanting to murder people, to wanting to bake cookies. I don't really care how it makes others around me feel, I care about how it makes me feel. If I feel good, people live.

I forgot to add, TeddyBB makes my sister slip into a coma. I sprayed some on her and she fell asleep.

I laughed and ate her food.

You have the power of persuasion in all your reviews LV. In addition to uncanny ability to induce laughter when it's least expected. TY

Oh God here I am screwing up my multi-posting again & using extra space. TY Halo - REALLY interesting background on how these developed! And StacyK you know I've followed your advice in the past... I TOTALLY forgot TBE has BB! I need to go dig that out now & try it.

I have a lot of respect for each of you that responded so quickly. I'm going back to research the links Luna left and my notes on what my self effects (with what I have so far) have been to try to narrow it down. I just don't want to get all 3 -or even 2- this month bcuz there's other "must haves" at the top of my order lust.

ETA: Er, uh... List I mean. Does that count as a Freudian slip or just a typo since the U & I are next to each other on a keyboard?

Edited by LoveStruck55

I guess I'm lucky Tranquility Potion is no longer available or I'd be even more confused.

Luna, you know why I'm in this mad search for a 'play nice' LP. Am I even in the 'right' arena considering I'm technically not dealing with the PMS monster?

I guess I'm lucky Tranquility Potion is no longer available or I'd be even more confused.

Luna, you know why I'm in this mad search for a 'play nice' LP. Am I even in the 'right' arena considering I'm technically not dealing with the PMS monster?

Balm Bomb is the replacement for Tranquility Potion so you wouldn't have to decide. If you are just after calm and not PMS or anxiety I would try BB first. Don't get hooked on B2 because there are only a few bottles left.

OMG, I'm laughing so hard right now.

So for me, BB doesn't do much for me; although, I think it works well for my mother. The Big Easy is now one of my favorites with Teddy BB....it really calms me to the point of "I'll be okay no matter what happens" Although, I wore it to work the other day and I should have really been wearing "Swimming with the Sharks!' LOL!

If I feel good, people live.

I would say for your purposes Balm Bomb would be the best thing to try, if you need to prioritize. I am also menopausal now and Teddy Potion BB still works for me in its various applications but it also potentially has a euphoric aspect although I think for most women it's not obvious as such, just a "smoothing" of the mood swings, as it were.

Teddy Potion BB still works for me in its various applications but it also potentially has a euphoric aspect

Will you elaborate on this for me? I wouldn't think euphoria is a (potentially) bad thing... But then again I don't need my teenage sons walking around saying "what's up with mom - suddenly she looks TOO happy".

I would say for your purposes Balm Bomb would be the best thing to try, if you need to prioritize. I am also menopausal now and Teddy Potion BB still works for me in its various applications but it also potentially has a euphoric aspect although I think for most women it's not obvious as such, just a "smoothing" of the mood swings, as it were.

I agree. BB is great. One of my first phero loves.

Will you elaborate on this for me? I wouldn't think euphoria is a (potentially) bad thing... But then again I don't need my teenage sons walking around saying "what's up with mom - suddenly she looks TOO happy".

It's the androstadienone, which can have that effect on women potentially. It does on me.

Sounds like BB is unanimous. I have followed the guidance of each one of you ladies on LOTS of other things here and never been disappointed so I know I'm in good hands. Very grateful. Thanks for your time on this one.

Edited by LoveStruck55

Wow lovestruck, I just saw your new avatar! Love's truck, I LOVE it!!

I'm guessing you're done choosing, but I just wanted to chip in that no matter what you get doubt it will disappoint. I like teddy bb for bed, add cops and it's even more relaxing, balm bomb is absolutely amazing for when you feel really upset. B2 I have less experience with, only having had it in the original Unisexy, but I did love that. I think it made me calm and happy.

Wow lovestruck, I just saw your new avatar! Love's truck, I LOVE it!!

I'm guessing you're done choosing, but I just wanted to chip in that no matter what you get doubt it will disappoint. I like teddy bb for bed, add cops and it's even more relaxing, balm bomb is absolutely amazing for when you feel really upset. B2 I have less experience with, only having had it in the original Unisexy, but I did love that. I think it made me calm and happy.

Thanks Mel, always welcome your input but especially on these UNs because you seem to be (currently) living in the land of hormone bullies, manic children and sleep deprivation. I can kinda relate now that I think about it, only my sleep deprivation is caused by variations on the other two, LOL.

And didn't u see my other posts? You & your phone's spell-check were the sole inspiration for that avi. I never would have come up with that if it weren't for your sense of humor :) I never saw the obvious (of COURSE evil spellcheck would try to override lovestruck!) until you casually pointed it out that day on TBPost. Your quick wit was STILL apparent despite what you were going through & that was worth celebrating to me. Admittedly, I have an odd sense of humor (but I blame it on my 'creative mind'- ha!)

Edited by LoveStruck55

I have all 3 and like all 3.

For stress reduction, I get the best self effects from balm balm. I use and like it so much that it is one of the pheros I find it worth having in UN-spray, UN-oil, and phero Fragrance forms.

I love using balm balm in conjunction with a relaxing LP scent.

I find balm balm especially effective dabbed directly under my nose. I also like to

spray or lightly roll a few dabs on my pillow before bed on very stressful days. I have had a recent crazy time with work plus family drama and this has been a savior---- strongly recommend!

(I find B2 more social/ nice for hanging out w/ guy friends or male work colleagues. I also find teddy bb helpful for PMS. I like both, but for different purposes. I also find I need 2x the amount of these two to get them to work for me compared to balm balm where I don't need to do that).

Edited by Chitown

I find balm balm especially effective dabbed directly under my nose.

I always dab directly under my nose as well. I use balm balm a lot. It is wonderful to use before bed and really makes a difference in how I rest. It is my "go to" on stressful days.

• 3 weeks later...

Very late to the party but my two cents:

Teddybb= one scant spray anywhere near me and I sleep harder than a log (more proof L. Suzy & I are secretly the same person)

balm bomb= fkn amazing when I has teh pms Sads and Crabbys

B2= even 3x didn't do much noticeable for me (very unusual- I'm super phero lightweight) but in a wax melt it had a FASCINATING almost physically perceptible dampening effect on my temper. Like I could feel something large and heavy parking its huge behind right onto my would be road-rage type rage and just flattening it into a crepe. One of the most dramatic selfies I've ever experienced .

Very late to the party but my two cents:

Teddybb= one scant spray anywhere near me and I sleep harder than a log (more proof L. Suzy & I are secretly the same person)

balm bomb= fkn amazing when I has teh pms Sads and Crabbys

B2= even 3x didn't do much noticeable for me (very unusual- I'm super phero lightweight) but in a wax melt it had a FASCINATING almost physically perceptible dampening effect on my temper. Like I could feel something large and heavy parking its huge behind right onto my would be road-rage type rage and just flattening it into a crepe. One of the most dramatic selfies I've ever experienced .

What scent was your B2 wax melt in tyvey?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had B2 unscented in spray and BB in samples of both Heart's Ease and Patience Potion, neither or which I had given a proper testing. After reading this thread a couple weeks ago, I was inspired to pull out my Patience Potion sample and give it a try. It happened to be on a day when I was feeling really low after a fight with my BF. WOW! The effects were immediate. I just felt calm, centered and like everything would be OK. My anxiety and sadness just disappeared.

So i tried it again at night before bed because I usually have trouble sleeping. I've used B2 for this purpose with mixed results. But BB, holy crap this stuff just knocks me out. Not only do i sleep well throughout the night, I also have good dreams too. Heart's Ease also give me the same results. BB is definitely an UN I will be adding to may arsenal. I've never tried Teddy BB so now I'm really curious....Anything that helps to keep stress and anxiety at under control is a win for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Apologies for being redundant, but I am copying an pasting my post from the general LP thread "Anxiety Sufferers" as my post is rather long and I am rather desperate. It goes a little something like this:

OK, so I am *still* confused about the difference between BB, TBB, and B2. I have read over reviews, the reading room info, each description, and I can not get clear on this. Hell i am confused just about the differences between stress and anxiety. mine is so heavy duty, I simply group them together. SO off the charts it's ridiculous. Actually disabling.

I am not thrilled about putting my resistance to sedatives out there in a public forum, but if I am going to get anywhere with this, I guess that what it will take. I have bitchiness and am menopausal, so it is not cycle related, but will not rule out hormonal issues. I have panic attacks that ARE disabling, and if I have one, I won't be able to get myself to leave the house again until I get myself past it. That can take quite a while sometimes.. I have depression, insomnia, OCD, and ADD I have PTSD, a regular alphabet of shit. There you go. It's pretty much all out now. Yay! Let's hear it for catharsis! So if I don't catch onto something as quickly as some people do, please do not immediately assume that I am an idiot. Many problems, low IQ not one of them. I just get overwhelmed when trying to absorb things, especially from multiple perspectivess/perceptions and can not always "grok" (sci-fi fans will get the reference) what I am trying to absorb.

In addition to all of this, I have a hereditary predispotition to sedative resistance. Example: A few years ago, needed a tooth extracted, and MUST be knocked out or I can not do it. I woke up during the procedure! OMG! I asked the dentist WHY am I awake?!?! He said, I already explained that to you twice (WTF???). I told him "Explain it again, this time I will remember." He said, "I gave you enough drugs to knock out three grown men and it didn't work, then I gave you enough to knock out FIVE grown men and it still didn't work, but I could NOT safely give you any more than that." He then looked at the tech and said "We should have recorded this one!" OMG! I know myself and can only imagine the expletives I was rattling off at him! ( the only funny note to any of this for me, albeit a tad embarassing)

I have checked out the thread which addresses the difference between B-2, Teddy BB, and Balm Bomb as well as having read up on them. i have tried, really I have, but am more confused than ever. Can anyone give me some direction on this? Bottom line, I need to address extreme anxiety and the sometimes extreme bitchiness that I get. A bit of help with the depression would be a major perk too. Thanks for taking the time to read my rant. I had hoped to avoid spelling this out here. I hate my anxiety issues and am not one to easily share them. I am reasonably bright, but this is confusing to me. I reach a point of frustration trying to grasp it and just give up.

So I'll chime in. it may be redundant as well I believe much is covered above but.. IMO & IME the first thing I'm going to say is get whichever you settle on in spray. For me these particular pheros are more effective for this purpose in spray form.

ok so I have some Hearts Ease (w/ Balm Bimb) I love it, I have 3 bottle plus a couple of trials and you will not see them on my trade thread ever.

One is in spray and wow what a difference that makes, but I like my oils too.

Teddy BB. I first noticed it's effect in a trial of Goal that I had. I also have the @Teddy Man" scent as a gift, in spray and wow was that more effective. But alas it was not mine. Then Mara gave use The Big Easy and let's say I have a small stash for medical purposes ;) There's a reason it came only in spray form.

Now B2, the big gun. Halo equated it to Xanax in a bottle. I was sold. Got my spray then it was out of stick until the last NR release. again just get the spray.

So Balm Bomb for me is just a lovely light dose of "just relax" everything's fine just think of the aptly named "Hearts Ease". if you ever see it grab it.

Teddy BB is more someone rubbing your back and you just feeling easy going and mellow.

B2 is like, I think Tyevy made a good comparison, someone putting a fire out with a blanket.

That's my experience anyway.

BTW I don't really know if these effect depression, unless you're really down in which case the B2 might just knock you out.

Seriously tho that's a different issue, if it gets worse talk to someone. :) xo

Edited by StacyK

StacyK and DD, thank you for your input. The one thing I was actually sure if about any of this was that I would get whichever Phero blend I opted for in spray form. I realize that everyone has different results with different things. That is a given. Having weighed this out, I am thinking either BB or B2. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really do appreciate it. Stacyk, not to worry. I do talk to someone. It helps a little. XO

• 3 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

Rose, have you figured out which one works for you?

So far I have only tried BB, but I can't wait for my package to come so I can try Teddy and B2 :)

Hi cutie.pie. I have experimented with both of these and each one definitely has useful applications. For days when I am a bit irritable and have an edge of anxiety, Balm Bomb definitely fits the bill. It takes that edge off, making things more manageable and can make me cheerier. It's like a soft, subtle, mellow buffer washing over me. Not in a way that is going to pull me out of some blackly abysmal mood, but rather more the more common "off" day we can all have. It *can* help me sleep, but it's not the one I use when I need a heavy hitter.

This would be where B2.2 comes into play. THIS is the one I reach for when I feel very heavy duty levels of anxiety at work, even full blown panic attacks can be helped with this in my experience at least. It is AWESOME for sleep, but I find I need to apply it about a couple of hours ahead of bedtime. (Everything works like that on me. SLOWLY!) I spray it on each wrist, going up to the crook of each arm, then rub it onto the outer areas of my arms. I then put a bit around my collar bones and throat and a healthy swipe under my nose.

It DOES help with sleep, it really does. The only negative I can say is that I am prone to having a very vivid and very active dream life. This seems to amp the dream thing for me, but then just about anything, including melatonin, will do that me. If you are trying to choose between the two, it would be difficult for me to say which one is better. Each is excellent in it's own right, and honestly, I would recommend both. BUT for hardcore anxiety, I would go straight for the B2.2. I hope this helps!

Hi cutie.pie. I have experimented with both of these and each one definitely has useful applications. For days when I am a bit irritable and have an edge of anxiety, Balm Bomb definitely fits the bill. It takes that edge off, making things more manageable and can make me cheerier. It's like a soft, subtle, mellow buffer washing over me. Not in a way that is going to pull me out of some blackly abysmal mood, but rather more the more common "off" day we can all have. It *can* help me sleep, but it's not the one I use when I need a heavy hitter.

This would be where B2.2 comes into play. THIS is the one I reach for when I feel very heavy duty levels of anxiety at work, even full blown panic attacks can be helped with this in my experience at least. It is AWESOME for sleep, but I find I need to apply it about a couple of hours ahead of bedtime. (Everything works like that on me. SLOWLY!) I spray it on each wrist, going up to the crook of each arm, then rub it onto the outer areas of my arms. I then put a bit around my collar bones and throat and a healthy swipe under my nose.

It DOES help with sleep, it really does. The only negative I can say is that I am prone to having a very vivid and very active dream life. This seems to amp the dream thing for me, but then just about anything, including melatonin, will do that me. If you are trying to choose between the two, it would be difficult for me to say which one is better. Each is excellent in it's own right, and honestly, I would recommend both. BUT for hardcore anxiety, I would go straight for the B2.2. I hope this helps!

Rose - grea info! Do you know if B2.2 is going to be avail again - looks sold out but I could just not be looking in right places. I need both - ordered trial of Balm Bomb, if it works for me as for others I'll need FB for sure.

ETA: Oops it is available , listed under Phero B2.2. :) Thanks so much for this info!!

Edited by Beach Goddess

Guest cutie.pie

Thank you Rose so, so much!! :)

Guest cutie.pie

Is phero B2.2 a tweaked variant of the B2 formula, (I.e. with different ratios of ingredients), or is it the same recipe as the sold out B2?

Here's the link Rosebud: http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/PheroB22/

It says:

"Phero B2.2 replaces the sold out blend "B2". This is an in-house variant of our Teddy BB blend, with the first ingredient boosted to 50%."

Hope it helps. I didn't try B2, but I look forward to trying B2.2! :)

Edited by cutie.pie

Is phero B2.2 a tweaked variant of the B2 formula, (I.e. with different ratios of ingredients), or is it the same recipe as the sold out B2?

Yes & no. The person who made the orig B2 (from Stone, I think) is not around anymore, so Mara made this "in house" recipe following the same ratios. I have it. It's very similar.

Edited by StacyK

No. The original B2 was made by Diane as a replacement for a formula made by Chris when he was temporarily out of the biz. Chris came back and when he did TeddyBB was introduced. B2.2 is not exactly like the original B2. It is part TeddyBB and the remainder is androstadienone. I don't know that Mara wants me to say exactly what the percentages are so I'll leave it at that. Both versions have a LOT of a1 hence the similarities.

My observation with the three has been that bb makes me very much calmer when I'm stressed, balm bb is good for when you're upset and crying, but b2 is more social in effect. I also have PTSD and am resistant to sedation. When having my teeth out they told me that they gave me double what they normally use.

Do you take vitamin d3? I've found that this helps me a lot where depression is concerned, I need loads, I take 10,000 iu capsules, if I take them everyday I'm pretty good. If I forget I take three for a few days and the difference is amazing. I also take magnesium which improves my sleep and makes me less nervy.

Guest cutie.pie

Do you take vitamin d3? I've found that this helps me a lot where depression is concerned, I need loads, I take 10,000 iu capsules, if I take them everyday I'm pretty good. If I forget I take three for a few days and the difference is amazing. I also take magnesium which improves my sleep and makes me less nervy.

I'm taking magnesium, but I didn't know this about D3, thank you!! :)

Rose - grea info! Do you know if B2.2 is going to be avail again - looks sold out but I could just not be looking in right places. I need both - ordered trial of Balm Bomb, if it works for me as for others I'll need FB for sure.

ETA: Oops it is available , listed under Phero B2.2. :) Thanks so much for this info!!

You're so welcome, and if you can still grabe some, then I def would! :)

Thank you Rose so, so much!! :)

You are welcome sweet cutie.pie! :)

My observation with the three has been that bb makes me very much calmer when I'm stressed, balm bb is good for when you're upset and crying, but b2 is more social in effect. I also have PTSD and am resistant to sedation. When having my teeth out they told me that they gave me double what they normally use.

That seems about right Mel. Yes, I was diagnosed w/ Vitamin D deficiency and my partner as well. We both take 1000 ius a day. Also yes, on the Magnesium. AND have added a really good B complex.

I'm taking magnesium, but I didn't know this about D3, thank you!! :)

Many people are deficient in D3 cutie.pie.

You're so welcome, and if you can still grabe some, then I def would! :)

You are welcome sweet cutie.pie! :)

That seems about right Mel. Yes, I was diagnosed w/ Vitamin D deficiency and my partner as well. We both take 1000 ius a day. Also yes, on the Magnesium. AND have added a really good B complex.

Many people are deficient in D3 cutie.pie.

Rose, grabbed 2 trials, will grab FB if it works well for me as you know I have anxiety issues. For Vit D, started taking again. Also noticed Magnesium taken before bedtime def helps me sleep. I take @ 400 mg, thinking I may up this. I also take melatonin bc it helps a lot too. For peeps looking for VIt B, I've had best results with the 'B 100' formulas as they have a LOT of all the B's. And you can't overdue it on B, what you don't use your body just releases - not to be TMI, just to let you know.

Calms Forte by Hylands is a really good homeopathic remedy, helps sleep. I know all about a lot of sleep aids. Sooo looking forward to B2.2 to help w/ my stress. Especially lately when working so much I'm either too wiped to work out or working long hours so I can't work out - which is my therapy, both physical and mental. With my stress it's an adrenaline thing, I have to work out regularly for it to 'self regulate' or something. Weird I know.