Pheros & Animals- My Cat Reaaaaallly Likes Me!

Has anyone noticed whether or not pheros have an impact on their pets? I have been wearing and testing pheros for a long while now and my cat never had a reaction to them whenever I had them on.

Until....I started testing Sexpionage. I haven't been able to properly try this out on humans yet, but the two times my cat has been exposed to Sexpionage she has gone insane. Its like catnip to her. She is pretty affectionate, but with this she gets ridiculously cloying.

1. She gives me this intense eye contact that she will not break - EVER. If I stare at her, if I look away - she will continue to stare at me - directly into my eyes.

2. She has to sit in my lap. She is a lap cat somewhat, but with Sexpionage this is times 10000. I can't get her to leave, move, no matter what I am doing or she throws a fit, digs in her heels and will use her body weight to stay in place. All the while giving me the intense eye contact. LOL!

3. If I get up to move - she is right underfoot. If I go to another room- she is under foot. She races to try and figure out my next move so she can beat me there because she has to be there too. All the while she is wailing - upset that I am moving - and still giving me the intense eye contact.

4. She rubs her head and face all over my app points and this can go on for hours if I allow her to - and in between she is giving me intense eye contact.

I just thought this was so funny and interesting and I feel a bit bad .... I am pherobombing my kitty and making her crazy.

LOL!!! Too funny! I wore one of th UNs around our cats and they were acting like major goofballs! Can not recall which, but it was not Sexpionage. They do get oddly rambunctious and competitive when I use TH of all things!

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

Our neighbor's cat who is quite wild and shy reacts to androsteRone by visibly sniffing the air and approaching to within 3 feet. Normally he just hides under brush. I do find it interesting that domesticated animals interact with our pheromones, I think it makes sense from an evolutionary perspective.

I have a review in the Heart and Soul thread about a really amusingly strong kitty reaction -- I lay down for a nap and my big twenty-pounder Siamese spooned me from behind (which is usual) while tightly gripping my neck (which is not) and moaning at regular intervals....

Awww, how sweet Bruisesviolet! My cats regurgitate with some regularity too... I guess it's love! ;-) I've tried to notice if cops or other pheros affect my guys, but one won't come near if I have scent on and the other licks *any* scented skin, whether lotion or LP!

Awww, how sweet Bruisesviolet! My cats regurgitate with some regularity too... I guess it's love! ;-)

Bwahaha ... hey cats don't puke,they unswallow ...I have had reactions from biting to stalking to ignore,does not seem to be a consistent pattern :Emoticons04280:

... btw am switching over to different varieties of Aloe,as houseplants of choice,also on the "cleans air" list and they only nibble once!

It is Rose! LOL! :) I guess I have to be more careful with Sexpionage. Isn't TH supposed to be a phero that bonds and makes targets calmer? That is too cute that it makes them competitive! :)

LOL!!! Too funny! I wore one of th UNs around our cats and they were acting like major goofballs! Can not recall which, but it was not Sexpionage. They do get oddly rambunctious and competitive when I use TH of all things!

Thanks androstenol. :)

Our neighbor's cat who is quite wild and shy reacts to androsteRone by visibly sniffing the air and approaching to within 3 feet. Normally he just hides under brush. I do find it interesting that domesticated animals interact with our pheromones, I think it makes sense from an evolutionary perspective.

Thank you Mara.

Yes, there is years of commentary on this subject in this forum. Copulins, as you have experienced, have proven very interesting for me with cats and dogs. I think they perceive them as "honest" smells.

LOL Blackcat! That is hysterical! Wow!

I have a review in the Heart and Soul thread about a really amusingly strong kitty reaction -- I lay down for a nap and my big twenty-pounder Siamese spooned me from behind (which is usual) while tightly gripping my neck (which is not) and moaning at regular intervals....

LOL! Bluebear.

My pupster is for the most part indifferent to whatever I'm wearing, unless it smells like food! :lol:

Oh wow. I didn't know this. I know Mara said upthread that there had been some discussion of this before. I guess pheros really are potent. :)

Cats, dogs and even horses.

LOL! LadyV. That is soo interesting. Glad they never came in for a landing though. Perhaps they hoovered because you are so sweet. :)

I know when I was pregnant bees flocked to me. I'm not even joking. Like they would hover over me. Maybe the EST? Maybe they were trying to pollenate my precious flower.

Edited by Honeycake

That is a good question. I've never thought about a bird's sense of smell.

Can pheros affect birds? Sometimes I think they affect my parrot. When I wear certain pheros he gets really lovey dovey and tries to regurgitate on me.

Aww Katz, your babies sound so adorable.

Awww, how sweet Bruisesviolet! My cats regurgitate with some regularity too... I guess it's love! ;-) I've tried to notice if cops or other pheros affect my guys, but one won't come near if I have scent on and the other licks *any* scented skin, whether lotion or LP!

Oh wow Callil - you have had a range of responses!

Bwahaha ... hey cats don't puke,they unswallow ...I have had reactions from biting to stalking to ignore,does not seem to be a consistent pattern :Emoticons04280:

... btw am switching over to different varieties of Aloe,as houseplants of choice,also on the "cleans air" list and they only nibble once!

That is so cute Hearts. My kitty hasn't reacted to a fragrance so far.

I don't think my pets react to any of my pheros. My cat lets me know he doesn't like a scent though by flinching away and shaking his paw like I got him dirty.

I am new here and already obsessing over everything LP. I received my EOW and added 10 drops to a perfume mix and tried it out smell wise before bed and it was great with very little COPS smell.

However, my three dogs jumped up on my bed -310 pounds in all and were all over me! MY God they started to fight, and the alpha dog won and hovered over me the whole night, for a moment there I was fearful for my life!

My husband was a big zero though, maybe the dog in the way was it!

livin101 hiyas ! Newbie here as well, very fond of animals and super excited about how essential oils and pheros affect me and others. Will be fun to track your experiences !

Lets just say I will not do that again! I did not know it would affect them so much

We currently have pheromone bait traps for food moths in our pantry. DH was skeptical as to whether they would work. He was convinced when I brought the UPS box into the house in daylight, with the trap airtight sealed inside the carboard box, and a moth immediately came from somewhere in our house and landed on it. Yes, pheromones are THAT strong.

Oh wow...you guys are having some awesome results! :):purr:

We currently have pheromone bait traps for food moths in our pantry. DH was skeptical as to whether they would work. He was convinced when I brought the UPS box into the house in daylight, with the trap airtight sealed inside the carboard box, and a moth immediately came from somewhere in our house and landed on it. Yes, pheromones are THAT strong.

We are finding that Balm Bomb and B2 make our cats VERY clingy and affectionate! No doubts here!

My husband was a big zero though, maybe the dog in the way was it!

Yeah - that might do it *snort*. I have been using pheromones for a long time and I think most long-term pheromone users would agree that there are so many variables with people that you can never really be sure why they might or might not work as intended haha. But when they do - it is pretty cool!

I had the weirdest experience once with wearing pheros -- shortly after receiving one of my first LP orders. I liberally doused myself with Buttercream Peach LAM spray and was standing in front of the living room picture window. Both side windows were open and a nice breeze was wafting thru. When all of a sudden out of nowhere, a bird flew straight into the picture window! Totally scared the living daylights out of me -- I never had anything like that happen (especially when I was standing right there). All I can surmise is that the bird must've picked up on the happy phero and wanted some!

• 2 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I was wearing OCCO Ambrosia few nights ago because I wanted to test how would it smell on my skin, and my dog was following me through the house all night! :D He wanted to cuddle and be in my lap, and he usually isn't like that! :)

Since becoming pregnant, my dogs are extra clingy and loving. One of my doggies insists on sitting on my lap while I drive. (Don't worry, she just sleeps, she's a calm 6 pounder, I take her to work everyday) My cat, who is a grouch but undercover sweetie, has been climbing on me in the middle of the night. I've woke up many times with him on my back, kneading my body or blankets. My bf even tells me in the morning that when he leaves for work, the cat is sleeping on top of me.

I just know it's the natural EST my body is making.

hearts,

My black cat who has now passed (I consider him the only 'familiar' I've had so far) sensed my increased hormones as well when I was pregnant. He would follow me across the street to the playground, would be on my bed the moment I was and not leave. And when I started bleeding mid-term, and some idiot doctor predicted we would lose the baby, the cat remained very calm and we took that as a sign that everything was ok after all. And it was. Once the birth happened, my cat left me and lay down protectively next to my son. That carried on for about 6 months. Gawd I miss him.

hearts,

My black cat who has now passed (I consider him the only 'familiar' I've had so far) sensed my increased hormones as well when I was pregnant. He would follow me across the street to the playground, would be on my bed the moment I was and not leave. And when I started bleeding mid-term, and some idiot doctor predicted we would lose the baby, the cat remained very calm and we took that as a sign that everything was ok after all. And it was. Once the birth happened, my cat left me and lay down protectively next to my son. That carried on for about 6 months. Gawd I miss him.

:Emoticons04284:

hearts,

Aww love that! Pets are amazing... I wish their lives were longer. Mine are all getting older and know it's going to be so hard when they pass. I cherish everyday with them:)

I hear you hearts and androstenol. I have had "fur babies" that passed years ago that I will always, always miss. They always take a bit of us with them when they go and my heart is covered with paw print shaped scars, but life is just so much more enriched by them, even that profound loss of losing them is worth the abundance of good things they bring to our lives. I wouldn't trade any of that goodness for the world. :hearts0425:

• 9 months later...

My friends dog likes me just fine, she often snuggles with me and puts her butt in my face when I'm trying to sleep. But one day I was wearing Aja, no cover, and the moment I came to the door she was all over me, I didn't think anything of it, even when she started frantically licking me and wouldn't stop. I was so preoccupied with keeping her tongue away from my face that it took me awhile to realize she had settled on 3 distinct places to lick. My inner elbows and between the boobs. It was pretty embarrassing, she was uncontrollably licking the Aja off of me.