New Releases for JANUARY 2015 - Valentine Collection

She runs the ranch. As it should be.

Haha - yes it is. And still somehow I have more LPs than I think I will ever be able to wear ... :D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got to sit down and read in peace. The write ups were wonderful. I loved Wine and Dead Roses, Devilish Thoughts, Immorality Elixir (I am tired of fighting my phone's auto correct) and your poem for To Soothe... okay, all of them.

I bet even 128 year old hedgehogs are adorable. :hedgehog:

Edited by Maililyahn

Oh wow... I am truly overwhelmed by the labels, the notes, and Luna' s awesome writing! I LOVE the bit of story for Wine and Dead Roses! I can't get my head around all of it! Overload! Am going to have to process all of this goodness and figure out if one is a ME scent. Tingle Tangle definitely fits, but am already getting Spring's Lusty Cherry. Must process! But beautifully done, Mara and Luna! :)

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

No surprise, the descriptions and notes are as amazing as the labels! I am so intrigued by so many of these -- Immortality Elixir and To Soothe a Broken Heart were almost full bottles unsniffed for me, but I went so crazy with the PEs this month I need to content myself with sampler for now. But wow! What a collection!

Mara,such creative concepts,impressive images and oh my dearest luscious LunaChick,as always you never fail to titillate my senses...ever :abfx: ok,I did have to look up truculence :eek: ...squee,the return of Savannah Finch & nom de plume Julian Lune,hee,from Nola to Sin City...and an Agent Null adventure too,how perfect !!!! :cat690: ... am totally intrigued by Punxsutawney Immortality Elixir,especially cause IMO,you can never have enough Cougar scents,heh :Emoticons0424:

...my human scent, the scent of iron and of the cold dry diminished state in which we dwelled.

:kiss43:

Someday Mara just needs to make a scent called Fairy Cupcake. :lol:

(There's a place in my imagination in which all the girls who fall for the fairy boys eventually learn to make the perfect cupcakes. I'm borrowing from Graham Joyce's notion that anyone who returns from the Summerlands has special knowledge which works in the mundane world too.)

Besides Julian's two series (heh), the story for Bawdy Babe has the same characters from Port Jolie.

:kiss43:

Someday Mara just needs to make a scent called Fairy Cupcake. :lol:

(There's a place in my imagination in which all the girls who fall for the fairy boys eventually learn to make the perfect cupcakes. I'm borrowing from Graham Joyce's notion that anyone who returns from the Summerlands has special knowledge which works in the mundane world too.)

Besides Julian's two series (heh), the story for Bawdy Babe has the same characters from Port Jolie.

OMG WHEN IS THIS FAIRY CUPCAKE GOING TO HAPPEN?

Luna I loved your fairy story.. but you knew I would.

Am I the only one here who doesn't particularly want to smell like a cupcake?

I'd rather smell like a rainforest or a spring day in the mountains.

No, we're here, but we tend to keep quiet because the Cupcake Sisterhood is strong and possibly vengeful. :Emoticons04263:

Guest cutie.pie

I read the notes (and I loved Luna's stories :) ) and I put 3 NR's samples on my 'to-order-list': Inspire Desire, Tingle Tangle and Wine and Dead Roses...they sound very interesting! :)

No, we're here, but we tend to keep quiet because the Cupcake Sisterhood is strong and possibly vengeful. :Emoticons04263:

:Emoticons04263::Emoticons04263::Emoticons04263:

It might be an acquired taste... I mean, smell. ;) I have not been initiated in the fairy cupcake sisterhood either. Nor the dirty honey or dark sexy scents one. :)

In my still newbie opinion, there is a certain progression to liking LP scents.

no, I know quite a few people who don't like foody scents. Not really counting vanilla but FOODIE like cakey. Scent is a personal thing. It relies on chemistry, it triggers memories and emotional reactions. It's so personal, IMO there's no "supposed to like" for anyone.

Exactly, and that's why Mara makes such a wide range of scents. She's an inclusive artisan. :D

Huzzah!! Like what you like. Be yourself.. there's something for everyone :D

It might be an acquired taste... I mean, smell. ;) I have not been initiated in the fairy cupcake sisterhood either. Nor the dirty honey or dark sexy scents one. :)

In my still newbie opinion, there is a certain progression to liking LP scents.

Ah, now, the dirty honey sisterhood is one I can recommend completely! I am only a dark sexy acolyte.

LOL donsie!

Hmmm, interesting theory, Phergineer! Perhaps someday we'll want to smell like cupcakes, too! For now I'd rather eat them. :D

Ah, yes, I may not always want them on my skin but they are always welcome on a plate!

Exactly, and that's why Mara makes such a wide range of scents. She's an inclusive artisan. :D

And she's also a pro at crafting potions that change our minds about notes we think we don't like!

Huzzah!! Like what you like. Be yourself.. there's something for everyone :D

Yes! And if you get stuck there are PEs!

And she's also a pro at crafting potions that change our minds about notes we think we don't like!

Very true. She completely changed my perspective when it comes to certain tropes.

Very true. She completely changed my perspective when it comes to certain tropes.

And that's what I meant when I said there is a progression to liking LP scents. My first couple of months of wearing LP Rouge made me think I could never wear any honey. And then, one day, something magical happened!

Ah okay; I was referring to a different experience - for years I was very firm on not liking certain types of scents because I'd had bad experiences with particular notes, and then once I became a regular LPMP customer and tried everything in a sampler I found that I was unnecessarily limiting myself because Mara is just that good. :D

Ah okay; I was referring to a different experience - for years I was very firm on not liking certain types of scents because I'd had bad experiences with particular notes, and then once I became a regular LPMP customer and tried everything in a sampler I found that I was unnecessarily limiting myself because Mara is just that good. :D

That too! :D

And that's what I meant when I said there is a progression to liking LP scents. My first couple of months of wearing LP Rouge made me think I could never wear any honey. And then, one day, something magical happened!

I've had both of those experiences and I've learned that I can't always judge things just by the notes and that my response to certain LPs can change over time. I read that all over these boards when I first joined but was very incredulous that you could just suddenly like something you hadn't. I thought people must have been willing themselves to like perfumes they didn't really enjoy that much. I was totally wrong; it really can happen!

If Mara can make me like patch after hating it my whole life then anything is possible!

Ditto! I am no longer disgusted/frightened when I see it listed in the notes because it is actually possible for it to smell good. Revelation!

Edited by donsie

I've had both of those experiences and I've learned that I can't always judge things just by the notes and that my response to certain LPs can change over time. I read that all over these boards when I first joined but was very incredulous that you could just suddenly like something you hadn't. I thought people must have been willing themselves to like perfumes they didn't really enjoy that much. I was totally wrong; it really can happen!

Ditto! I am no longer disgusted/frightened when I see it listed in the notes because it is actually possible for it to smell good. Revelation!

My fiance used to hate LP Rouge. He still laughs at how he used to call it "smokey poo". And, if I put it on and he takes a whiff while still wet, he'll tell me he doesn't like it... but half an hour later, he comes and asks what I'm wearing, because "it smells nice"! :Emoticons04263: I can guarantee he did not "will" himself to liking it!

Edited by phergineer

Everyone has to get used to the non-commercial "fixed" scents they are used to but for some reason it seems to take (most/a lot of) guys longer. I know it did me.

I've had that experience already--some things I didn't like at first, I like now. I've also had the opposite experience of liking something, and then not liking it the next time I try it.

That's why I'm not sure I'd ever be able to sell any of mine on the trade boards! I'm too changeable.

My fiance used to hate LP Rouge. He still laughs at how he used to call it "smokey poo". And, if I put it on and he takes a whiff while still wet, he'll tell me he doesn't like it... but half an hour later, he comes and asks what I'm wearing, because "it smells nice"! :Emoticons04263: I can guarantee he did not "will" himself to liking it!

Oh, I remember you writing about his special name for it. Boy noses, eh?

Guest cutie.pie

I've also had the opposite experience of liking something, and then not liking it the next time I try it.

Me too! Don't how that happend? I blame my cycle for that ;)

The other thing I have learned - and Luna just hit on this in another thread - I have really learned to trust Mara's opinion on scents. I have looked at notes and though "probably not" but Mara has said "trust me" on the phone or here on the forum and is usually right.

The other thing I have learned - and Luna just hit on this in another thread - I have really learned to trust Mara's opinion on scents. I have looked at notes and though "probably not" but Mara has said "trust me" on the phone or here on the forum and is usually right.

I have to learn what to ask the about notes and how they blend together :)

Absolutely right. I'd never have thought , based on reading the descriptions alone, that some notes could work together.

One other thing, especially when creating PEs, is to be very clear about the feeling you get when you smell a certain scent. What sort of texture would you associate with a certain scent. As an example,for me, oak moss comes off velvety and powdery soft. Once you can give Mara a feeling, adjective, texture,"this reminds me of..," she is usually off and running. She has been doing this artwork for a long time. She knows what works. I am a shining example of "ask questions."

For me, the "Aha" moment was with Bodice Ripper. It was definitely a guy's scent, but it said "dark masculine violet" and I thought "No way". But Mara said "Trust me" and it was the first LP that really clicked with me.

Thank you. They seemed apropos given some of the recent discussions here ... :D

Oooh, I think that is the one I'm most excited to try! I simply CANNOT imagine how those notes might combine, and those are often my favorites!

On me the blend very well. I love it!