Bawdy Babe w/ EoW Copulins

AD-BawdyBabe_1.jpg

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
BANANA ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
CIVET ~ Musk derived from civet cats, now illegal except in synthetic form. Considered a strong aphrodisiac, has an intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

This is a great SLF scent!!! it's been awhile since there's been a SLF I really wanted to wear. And this wears well on me.

On wet it's pure smutty HAM dipped in cops. But I knew right off I liked it, even wet and playfully snatchy. A little later as it heats up on my skin all the delicious notes meld together. I get just the faintest trace of a light spice, more heat than spice really. Wow! even the cinnamon is restrained.

Other than that initial girly sex blast, nothing leaps out at me, well..except the sex. Bawdy but fresh, SLF but in an oh so ladylike way. This Babe washes her bloomers every day!

For all the girls who say "no" to civet this one might work. On me the civet is there (barely) but restrained. Just a touch really, to give off the faintest animalistic drive, but it doesn't run the show.

The light powdery finish is pretty but it's not taking over and drying me out. The banana is a soft, smooth as Velvet base that doesn't intrude. The florals blend together in an understated way. And I amp Rose which is why I didn't look back at this when it was listed.. wow you just never know.

If this smells this good now, age will make it amazing. :)

The last couple of SLF scents didn't work on my skin. Horny was to dark and mean and Dom Noir was dirty/snachy on me, I felt constantly distracted by those scents, not sexy. But this one is just right. Now I just need a big cuddly bear to enjoy this with. :heart:

Definitely a FB or 2, and soon.

Edited by StacyK

Oooo! This one surprised me! I looked at the notes and was all like, HUH? In the vial I was, Meh. On however....

I'm having trouble finding words. There's a sweetness, but not necessarily foodie. It's the honey, I think, and maybe the banana is giving it a creamy something to the sweet rather than an in my face banana.

I totally pick out the civet, not that it's prominent, I can just identify that it's there. It's always very distinct to me for some reason.

There's just a hint of powdery honey, most golden and sweet...

The rose and orchid seem to come across as a soft lovely floral, not exactly one or the other, maybe the orchid a bit more forward on me. I'm not really getting the ginger or the cinnamon. That I'm not amping, or even reading, the cinnamon is wonderfully curious!

This is a surprise like :) It's really soft, and though it touts to be bawdy, it's very soft and airy. Aaaaand, no hint of cops whatsoever after dry down!

I usually pick out maple right away in something but I didn't in this. I'll revisit with a proper slather and see how things settle out. That's the most curious thing about fresh brews - how wonderfully will they morph over time?!

I get the SLF reference while it's wet, but it's something completely different to me after dry down. Floral, golden, creamy honey goodness....

When I first applied this, I was like no, no, no... But I was patient and it's really growing on me. Honey can go pee-like or hippie directions on my skin- this one is settling into a very smutty but powdery and refined scent. The notes I can pick out the most are the honey, vanilla and rose.. With civet trailing behind. The banana isn't noticeable, but I think it's adding a creamy sweetness in the background. It's lady-like and SEX. Like, your laying in your light pink satin lingerie on your big pouty, over pillowed and luxurious bed, hair curled but tousled after all day sex. That's the vibe I'm getting from this ;)

Edited by hearts

I was having so much trouble translating this list of notes into an SLF scent.... foolish Blackcat, remember to trust Mara! This is GORGEOUS. It has that wonderful warm slightly nose-prickling edge that all my favorite SLFs have had. I was worried that the florals would make it a bit head-achy for me (orchid, I'm looking at you) but everything is so perfectly blended that I really don't pick out individual notes. Except for the civit, which I adore. To my nose, this is very similar to Dom Noir, but that one ended up being frighteningly overpowering to me. This is a quieter, subtler version. Wonderful!

When I first applied this, I was like no, no, no... But I was patient and it's really growing on me. Honey can go pee-like or hippie directions on my skin- this one is settling into a very smutty but powdery and refined scent. The notes I can pick out the most are the honey, vanilla and rose.. With civet trailing behind. The banana isn't noticeable, but I think it's adding a creamy sweetness in the background. It's lady-like and SEX. Like, your laying in your light pink satin lingerie on your big pouty, over pillowed and luxurious bed, hair curled but tousled after all day sex. That's the vibe I'm getting from this ;)

Damn, that's quite a vibe. :) ... a vibe I'd love to have!

This is my favorite of the month so far. I am quite surprised as there are several notes in here that I don't care for at all. Like orchid and civet. Rose I am very picky with. But I don't get much of any of them in this. Just a very smooth soft SLF. A bit powdery in a good way. Gorgeous!

My experience of this and review is basically just exactly what hearts and halo said :D first on, wet, it was OH, NO THANK YOU but within less than a minute it COMPLETELY calmed down, like a storm gust suddenly dying down. It is wearing VERY close, a warm snugglefest. It's mildly powdery. The only distinct & recognizable note (though still ont loud) is a soft dark red rose. Everything else is thoroughly integrated and is a deep cushy pillow.

The honey's smuttiness toned down so fast I barely caught it. My theory is that the blend is SO sweet that it blunts the snatchy / pointy / more aggressive end of the smuttiness of the honey, making it wearable on me without me feeling like I am stabbing people everywhere I go with it.

So except for the first seconds, it's actually NOT very bawdy on me. It is romantic and soft and if anything, feels old-fashioned, in a very pleasing, comforting, familiar way. Surprise favorite so far and a FB isi probably necessary :D

To elaborate on Heather's impressions - I'd say this is an SLF for people who don't like SLFs, or who find them too intense. This one is demure, smooth and powdery. The first five minutes remind me so much of the original Phero Girl but then it immediately settles down to a more sheer quality. I would even think you could layer this with other scents, just if you want the cops or some extra sexy. In fact it's almost transparent on me in the long drydown.

I'm with Halo. The banana adds a creaminess to it. I was expecting I might not want to wear it because of the banana note (I like to smell banana, not so much smell LIKE banana) but I don't really get it. If you can feel what a note is adding to something, this would be one of those times. I read it "creamy" instead of banana. I did not even KNOW that was possible until LP.

There was a fall scent that had a smoke note in it and I didn't read the smoke so much as felt the crunchiness of dried leaves through it - bizarre, but true for me :)

I get a sweet, soft honey from this. It's really nice and understated. I suppose I would call it a warm, fuzzy SLF!

Exactly. I can see wearing this with gotcha.

I'm with Halo. The banana adds a creaminess to it. I was expecting I might not want to wear it because of the banana note (I like to smell banana, not so much smell LIKE banana) but I don't really get it. If you can feel what a note is adding to something, this would be one of those times. I read it "creamy" instead of banana. I did not even KNOW that was possible until LP.

There was a fall scent that had a smoke note in it and I didn't read the smoke so much as felt the crunchiness of dried leaves through it - bizarre, but true for me :)

Nice to hear this input about the banana note in this one. Frankly, it scared the hell out of me! You ladies are starting to make me think I might need a trial vial of this! :)

• 4 years later...

Sooo...if I had known from the start that this was supposed to be a "SLF" scent, I would NOT have applied it so liberally! My husband just asked me if a baby powder bomb went off in the house...no, darling, it's me.

So as you may have guessed, this goes super-powdery on me. I get very sweet, powdery honey. It smells more "old lady tearoom" than "bawdy babe" to me, but it's pleasant enough. Actually it kind of reminds me of these fried cookies dipped in honey and dusted with powdered sugar that my grandma used to make.

I don't mind it, personally, as far as honey scents go, but honey scents have never been my favourite to start with. And in this case, I put WAY too much on because I wanted to use up my trial vial. So, yes, a baby powder/honey bomb did kind of go off in here, I guess.

Anyway, mission accomplished. Trial vial is used up. Yay?