Tingle Tangle

Beccah

AD-TingleTangle_1.jpg

Tingle Tangle

A pink musk you’ll pucker up for! Adorably feminine like the blush of first love: syrupy black cherry accords swirled with shimmering pink sugars, slathered upon Egyptian and Tunisian white musks and Nepalese amber, with uplifting accents of tart lemon and rich chocolate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACK CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
PINK SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
WHITE MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

This goes on all fruity sweet-like, like marichino cherries! Cherry and pink sugar!?! YUM!

Then it became floral to my nose. The musk and amber? It eventually settled into this soft light scent.

I didn't really read the chocolate, but I got the lemon, not a zesty kind of lemon, just a hint of something tart.

Mostly after dry down I got the white musk. I think that may be one note I amp in a lot of different fragrances :(

Through dry down, it smells clean and lightly floral to me. Very pretty :)

This is my fav of the non-Phero'd NRs. So deliciously pretty!! I think Hearts pretty much summed it up.

I love the dark cocoa cherry scent. Foody and musky. The lemon was what I worried about but it stays in check, just adding a nice brightness to the overall scent. The pink sugars seem to enhance the overall cherry note while adding a little sweetness, but they don't take over on my skin. Very pretty & sensual. :)

I am totally going to have to try this tomorrow. I loved the smell in the vial but ended up trying different things first. I was also worried about the lemon so I am glad you guys are saying that it isn't very strong.

I really like this. I smell the chocolate, lemon and cherry at the start but they mix together nicely. On dry down I get the sugar, amber and musk. Its a very soft musk which is wonderful. There are so few musk scents that I can wear. I can actually smell the amber in this on dry down. It tends to be a very soft scent and often just bolsters other scents in a blend but this is very distinctly amber with a hint of the chocolate left. Delicious.

I was unsure about this since i often have issues with chocolate, but the lure of white musk, black cherry, and pink sugar was too strong. This doens't smell like chocolate per se, but it's deep, rich, and familiar. Actually, no notes in particular jump out at me, but that's just a testament of the wonderful way they blend together. Smooth, sensuous (but not so much that you can't wear it in the daytime), and sophisticated. I would wear it with LFM in the daytime and LFN at night. It wear very close to me and light enough to wear in the spring and rich enough for the winter. A win!!

This one started off as sweet cherry on me but that faded rather quickly. The musk and amber came forward with the lemon hanging on. I have mixed results with amber...too much and I wind up in headache territory. In this, it was on the border. The musk is really beautify and was keeping the amber grounded, but eventually the amber took over. I will have to give this one another try after it has time to settle.

I CAN'T EVEN.

That is all for now. I will not say more until I am confident everyone will be broke from popping Spring's Cherry that they will not have time to invest in this one.

Heehee... I know you're all OMG!!! it's so very.. heh hemm.

Mmm. Wet, this is like the world's most high-end, expensive Tootsie Pop (I mean that in the best possible way!). Gorgeous hard cherry candy surrounding a chewy chocolate center. And then the drydown....

In drydown this a mind-blowing soft sultry musk. It lies very close to the skin -- one of the best stealth sexy scents I've come across. Ever!

Ok, the LONG drydown of this has been haunting me. Just caved and ordered. Unbelievable!

I know exactly how you feel. While wet to me this was just a delicious cherry chocolate candy, nice but not sure if it was FB worthy. Drydown...the musk...the amber... I too rushed to order!!

I know exactly how you feel. While wet to me this was just a delicious cherry chocolate candy, nice but not sure if it was FB worthy. Drydown...the musk...the amber... I too rushed to order!!

It must be the musk? When I woke up this morning, I could no longer really smell it on the back of my hands, but inside my wrists...! It's just stunning!

The other really strange thing is that if I huff it with my nose too close it disappears (the scent, not my nose!)... but if I pull back, I get that eerily haunting little wisp tantalizing me. I've never had this experience with another LP!

This doesn't last as long on me as say Special D, which is richer and covers cops well. It's like a lighter musky version, in a way.

I still like it... but wish there was more staying power on my skin.

I got a trial vial of this one. When I saw cherry as a note, I had to! Wet, it is as I had hoped, cherry, pink sugar, and lemon. VERY pretty! As it dried down, other unexpected notes came forward. I can't say they were making themselves known, because it was a mystery to me. Sadly, the cherry disappeared, and I was left with a rather exotic blend of citrus, resins, and even though not listed as an ingredient, somehow, florals??? :blush:Hmmm.. not sure how that happened, but am seeing that nutrix's nose caught that note too. I am not a big fan of florals, but the other ingredients do seem to temper them a good deal. This is nice, it really is. Not a FB for me, but happy I tried it. :)

I was up all night last nite, so I went to read reviews on this and inspire desire- I caved and fell like a house of cards. Ordered FB of this and inspire desire - unsniffed.

I'm kind of hoping my skin will amp cherry in this one but if not I can add the sugared cherry to it. Will post review once receive and test.

ETA: All reviews on both threads are awesome, but must say it was blackcat's that put me over the edge for these 2 FBs. Her review here for tingle tangle and the 'sunshine' metaphor for inspire desire. Thanks to all for such great reviews.

Edited by Beach Goddess

When I first tried this, right out of the box, it smelled like sweet candied flowers after dry down, but I also had quite a few other scents I was trying on at the time.
So yesterday I tried it again. When wet, I get syrupy cherry and dark chocolate. As it dries down, the cherry note goes in the background and everything blends together nicely in a sweet syrupy scent, which hints of chocolate and a tiny bit of cherry. Beautiful, but I am not sure it's a me scent yet. :)

I was up all night last nite, so I went to read reviews on this and inspire desire- I caved and fell like a house of cards. Ordered FB of this and inspire desire - unsniffed.

I'm kind of hoping my skin will amp cherry in this one but if not I can add the sugared cherry to it. Will post review once receive and test.

ETA: All reviews on both threads are awesome, but must say it was blackcat's that put me over the edge for these 2 FBs. Her review here for tingle tangle and the 'sunshine' metaphor for inspire desire. Thanks to all for such great reviews.

I was noticing we are order twins this month!! I think you are going to love these!

When Mara told me what it was I figured you would be the first person to go crazy for it, heh.

I am DYING over this. I need to order ASAP but I have been so tired and today went to doc because I had backache and all I could think about was my to do list.. Call restaurant for party, go to the mall and shop, buy cupcakes, get a manicure, BUY TINGLE TANGLE!

I would not compare this to Special Delivery at all. To me this is - besides Mara's high concept of cherry musk - a musky version of Mamelons de Cerise. Because it's got that beautiful bright and tangy cherry/lemon heart to it, which turns gauzy after a time, surrounded by a goregous musk. So lovely and sensual, with a skin-hugging weight to it even as it feels much lighter and fresh. And though I'd like to get at least a whiff of the chocolate, I don't even miss it with this one, it's just beautiful the way it is.

Intresting, thats funny because chocolate is the first (along with the cherry here) and last note (with the musk) I smell, with everything else coming out to mingle in the middle. But then citrus doesn't last long on my skin so the lemon amps up for a very short time then departs.

I put this on last night and about 3 hours later my SO asked what smelled like play doh. It was me. Why skin??? Why??? Why do you do this to these amazing scents??? I really need to start investing in scent lockets.

I really wanted to like this, but I'm glad I only bought a sample. Musks are always iffy for me, and I missed in the description that there was an Egyptian musk here. Egyptian musk is always a kill note when it comes to perfume for me. My personal feelings aside, the pink sugars and white musks work together to give a classic, almost floral scent. I was to say 'vintage' perfume, not in that old lady kind of way, but more harking back to the time before aldehydes were discovered. Think fancy eau de toillet.

I put this on last night and about 3 hours later my SO asked what smelled like play doh. It was me. Why skin??? Why??? Why do you do this to these amazing scents??? I really need to start investing in scent lockets.

I'm sorry Tink, I though this would be a guaranteed winner for you :-( Let it settle some more and give it another try.

I tried this one again, and what a difference a week makes. No amber-amping this time, YAY! It is gorgeous and sexy.

Wet from bottle - amazing and yummy.

Sadly, my skin chemistry is morphing this one into something very odd. Like musty (not musky) chocolate. I've tested twice and will let it settle a week or so before trying again (good news from reviews above that this has worked for others). I love all the notes, not sure why my skin chemistry is morphing them all wonky. :( I can't fully describe well how it sniffs right now.

I'm amping the chocolate note and perhaps the amber. Outside of that, other notes aren't peeking out yet. I slathered sugared cherry on top, to amp the cherry - but overdid it so the sugared cherry took over.

I have FB and will likely hold unto it - to let it age a bit and also, could be cycle related as skin chemistry definitely changes throughout cycle.

I'm getting the cherry, and the white musk, and they combine beautifully. But I smell no chocolate, unless that's what's anchoring it and making it a little warmer and deeper. It isn't translating as chocolate for me, though.This is not what I expected from the notes, but I'm really, really liking it! (And I really, really can't afford it!)

• 2 weeks later...

At first I get a delicious, syrupy, boozy cherry, way better than the ones in those cherry cordials. Then again maybe I haven't tried a really good cherry cordial. Anyway, it only gets better on the drydown because of that musk and pink sugar combo that blend into the cherry beautifully without being too sugary or cloying. The tanginess balancing it out probably comes from the lemon. I got a little bit of chocolate in the beginning but the cherry and pink musk are really the stars of this scent. And it lasts forever. Win!

• 1 month later...

In the vial this is all chocolate and cherries, very decadent. On my skin when I first apply it reminds me of a cherry Tootsie pop. Dried down the sugars come out with cherry still in the background, no chocolate. Later the sugars take over completely and I get a little of the lemon - hours later it's sugary lemon. I've never had an LP morph so much on me before, but it was a beautiful evolution. Throughout all the stages I couldn't stop huffing my wrist.

• 3 months later...

This is a surprise one for me. I received my trial quite a while ago and wasn't keen when I tried it. But I am wondering if maybe it was suffering from travel shock and now it has sat for a while it has recovered. I have tried this again today and it is a completely different experience.

To be honest I can't detect the individual notes as they seem so well blended. This is melding with my skin and creating a gorgeous warm and sultry scent. I am not getting any tartness or fruitiness which I would have expected from lemon and black cherry but instead they seem to have merged with the chocolate, amber and musk to create a smell that has a very comforting, warm and sensual vibe to it. I've added it to my FB wish list.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a sample of this and loved it so much that I did order a FB. Wet, upon application, I got all cherry and lemony goodness. Honestly, the lemon in the description was what made me wait as long as I did. I was afraid it would be too tart. Not so! Once it began to dry down, I picked up the light, clean muskiness in this which blended beautifully with the lovely sugar which gradually immerged. Had I chosen this one for the chocolate, my skin would have disappointed me since on me, it never really came through. What I was left with was a pretty cherry blend, and it's a cherry that LASTS on me, with sweet, sugary, citrusy notes anchored by a nice musk base which I think acts as a fixative on my skin and gives it surprising lasting power. I love Tingle Tangle and I only regret not having given it a chance sooner. Beautiful blending!

a nice musk base which I think acts as a fixative on my skin and gives it surprising lasting power.

That is what musk usually does in a blending, and I agree in this case.

• 7 months later...

Bought this in the sale and wore it for the first yesterday. I am not sure why this is still in stock. It's a really pretty fragrance. Almost chocolate-covered cherry with that dreamy quality I can never put my finger on. I think it's Egyptian musk that gives me that feeling. Ebil-ish 2014! does the same thing to me. It starts as a beautiful cherry with a hint of chocolate. Perfect valentine scent! And, yes, like an upscale cherry Tootsie Pop! Then it dries down to just a pretty white muskiness. The cherry never left me, however. But I never get any of the lemon. Ever. Maybe I just don't realize it's there. I agree that it wears close like in the weird way if you put your nose close to an application spot, you can't smell it. However, I could still smell it all day long. I could when I tried, interpret a reminder of playdough. :Emoticons04263: But I wouldn't know which note that is coming from.

• 2 years later...

It's funny to me, in the bottle I mostly got a maraschino cherry scent, and on the skin, I mostly get a dark chocolate with a hint of cherry and honeycomb scent. Not musky, not sugary, not lemony--just a dark, decadent, chocolate covered cherry that I just want to nom on. I don't get any of the other notes at all, but that's just fine. It's still a delight, and I'm bummed I only had enough left in my sample (I think it might have been from a trade?) for one application. The mister really loved this one on me, too!  

32 minutes ago, Crash said:

It's funny to me, in the bottle I mostly got a maraschino cherry scent, and on the skin, I mostly get a dark chocolate with a hint of cherry and honeycomb scent. Not musky, not sugary, not lemony--just a dark, decadent, chocolate covered cherry that I just want to nom on. I don't get any of the other notes at all, but that's just fine. It's still a delight, and I'm bummed I only had enough left in my sample (I think it might have been from a trade?) for one application. The mister really loved this one on me, too!  

I'm glad it worked awesomely for you! Luckily there's still some bottles left in the LE section if you wanted to commit to it, it doesn't seem to be going any where anytime soon lol.