M's Birthday Dessert

tyvey

AD-PE-TyveyMBD.jpg
M's Birthday Dessert
"Super-ripe and sweet papaya, so caramelized it almost comes off as banana-like, blended together with loads of brown sugar and caramel, with drops of sweet cinnamon and mild ginger. Smells like a fresh warm baked dessert. Yum!"

This is one of those LPs that smells beautifully "mature" and aged right from the jump, like wine at the exact right age... completely blended and harmonious, with no one note standing out. It is soft and close wearing. I wouldn't recognize the papaya as such if I didn't know - it is definitely fruity but doesn't smell like papaya or any other specific fruit, just vaguely tropical-fruity- this is probably thanks to the brown sugar, I'm guessing. It is warm, smooth, actually NOT as crazily sweet as you'd expect from the notes - surprisingly not literal or gimmicky - legit, even commercial-esque, and I mean as a compliment in this context. Although it wears so close, it actually last quite a long time - overnight on me. Lovely and I can't wait to see what giftee thinks!!!!!

Edited by tyvey

• 3 weeks later...

This wears on me like a winter version of tyvey's pleasure island(thanks for making such amazing PE's Tyvey!) I get spice but not overly and it wears close to the skin like a sweet musk. Like Tyvey said it's sweet and fruity but not distinctly one note once again Mara has made magick! I love love love it, makes me almost want to not give it such rave reviews so I can hoard it. :say19: Wet it's very fruit forward but it quickly dries down into it's perfect blend of sweet and spice, I get a slight creaminess as well which makes this so amazing.

• 4 months later...

I got a sniffee of this in one of my last orders and seeing that there is still some on Etsy, I decided to give it a try. I usually put away sniffees of unavailable scents "for special" which means I just hang onto them as LP collector's items. I usually don't review based on a sniffee, but I just may buy a full bottle. It is as mentioned below quoting saffron23:

I get spice but not overly and it wears close to the skin like a sweet musk. Like Tyvey said it's sweet and fruity but not distinctly one note once again Mara has made magick! Wet it's very fruit forward but it quickly dries down into it's perfect blend of sweet and spice, I get a slight creaminess as well which makes this so amazing.

I got the banana-like papaya which went a little plasticky on me, but after the drydown, I kept smelling something sweet, creamy, and spicy. I just kept getting wafts of it, but I couldn't really smell it when I put my nose up against the application points. Crazy, I know. I kept reapplying a little bit until I used the entire sniffee trying to figure out if I liked it or not. I even tried applying some of that "silicone stuff" to see if I could stop that plastic note from coming out. Other family members liked it. It starts tropical, but then reminds me of fall time spice. The drydown actually reminds me of Ebil-ish! 2014 when it dries down from the forward dreamy vanilla to those spices. I still keep smelling it now and thinking Ebli-ish! In fact, by drydown it surprisingly beat out the Fairy Cake: Banana swipe which I had in the crook of my elbow.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a sniffee of this one in a recent order and I love the papaya accord, delicious! This scent fades really fast on me, but while it lasts I do get that sweet, creamy, spicy evocation too; I enjoyed it.

I got s sniffie of this in my last order. It's really pretty- the papaya DOES come off as almost banana like. I'm not getting too much spice, but lots of brown sugar with a little kick of ginger. Tropical but warm. It fades to a very light skin scent.

• 1 year later...

Oddly, this could be mistaken for Aphrodisia from this valentines except this has that fruity banana note. Must be the ginger. This is nice and had a big throw on me last night at a crowded service. That was a bit of a mistake on my part as I also had cops on. Oh well!