Tyvey's Chewy Spice

tyvey

AD-PE-TyveyCS.jpg

Tyvey's Chewy Spice

"Rich coconut and vanilla creams spiced with coriander and black pepper EO form to make a luscious pudding-like delight, over thick aged patchouli that makes the whole thing smell deliciously chewy!"

This so precisely matches what I dreamed that it is freaky! I wanted a unisex cross of Compromising Positions and Absinthe of Malice. It is exactly that. Creamy, dense, totally opaque and pudding-y in texture, with a nice dusting of fresh cracked black pepper, my weirdo obsession, on top. In a strange way it actually reminds me quite a lot of Allumette - not because they smell alike but because they both have that same loudly-purring unisex kind of sexy. Love :D

Edited by tyvey

It's unbelievable. I am so glad I went against my better judgement and ordered it. I couldn't believe I was doing it because The pepper and coriander threw me off but Tyvey is my favorite PE designer so I threw caution to the wind and went for it.

At first sniff from the bottle I was horrified. All I smelled was a pepper blast. I thought I had completely ruined my life with this. I forced myself to slather it on. Holy Sweet Cream. My life melted back into place. The most comforting sweet cream ever. It's the kind of blend that you can feel the texture. I guess that's what they mean by "chewy." It def is that patch from Comp P that I LOVE. I can still sense the spice but it is not as rude as right out of the bottle it is perfection. The spice makes it so exciting!

This may be my new passion. I wonder if I should grab another one while no one is looking and everyone is running after Lusty Cherry?!

This one truly is amazing! I also was a little unsure what pushed me to order since I couldn't imagine how those notes would work together, but the label was my favorite and I also know that Tyvey is a PE goddess. This one is so nommable! My world makes sense now that I know Compromising Positions was a reference because in amidst the pudding-y goodness I was getting an eggnog vibe, but eggnog made with full cream. This is chewy amazement and deeply sexy (got mine copped, FWIW!). Love it! Congrats Tyvey for a genius idea and Mara for spectacular execution!

LOL!! BB please to be putting some on the Marine and let me know what you think :D

Hee,

@ blackcat I'm going to go all out and try it with sexpionage tonight.

Mara if you stop by, what is the puppicula carrying???? a pot of pudding?? the label is too adorable to be described with words.

Edited by tyvey

Aw hell. I had to jump on this. MDC, my scent cousin, look what your review made me do!!!!! ;) Tyvey does come up with some fabulous ideas!

yay! I can't wait to hear how you like it. Since I secured a second bottle I slathered it on today just to take the dog for a walk like some kind of decadent LP Queen. When a dog jumped his fence and came after us my body temp rose and I was enveloped by this amazing scent! Well worth the near death experience.

This is like my NEW Velvet Kisses. Not that they smell ANYTHING alike obviously. But they both have that texture to them that is so much more than a perfume oil. I don't know how Mara does this and don't know how you PE people come up with these combos but THIS is the magic that I live for here.

Has anyone tried layering this with any of the sugareds or another scent? I love how it smells but it seems to disappear so quickly for me. Its spicy creamy goodness for a bit and then nothing. I love love love the smell of it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping this might remind me of Dirty Old Man (the scented version) and to my delight it does, somewhat. The creamy notes aren't that prominent on me yet, but the patchouli and spice are absolutely delightful! I'm sure it will deepen and become even more delicious with aging.

Has anyone tried layering this with any of the sugareds or another scent? I love how it smells but it seems to disappear so quickly for me. Its spicy creamy goodness for a bit and then nothing. I love love love the smell of it though.

Don't laugh but I got this and Spring's Lusty Cherry... intent on trying ONE on each wrist, I accidentally layered them on my left wrist and the combo was yummy. I'd probably try Sugared Coconut or Cherry (after my Lusty Cherry faux pas) I love this latest brainchild of Miss Tyvey... so glad I got 2 bottles. It is hypnotic and.... well, CHEWY for lack of a better term.

• 2 weeks later...

OK girls... Tyvey's Chewy Spice over Coquette (which I believe has Bang! but not sure at this hour/particular situation) husband is noticably hot and bothered... and this isn't his usual "what smells like hippie incense?" reaction to me over-slathering some wild intensive honey or patch-laden LP lovely (which I admit, I've made into SO-bane by putting TOO much on). He keeps "hovering" which I find delightfully bewitching as I wait to see just what is poking the embers in his campfire... more to come. (I could say something here but I won't.) I had put on my Coquette earlier... and on a wine-induced WHIM went in to my closely- guarded closet and picked up TCS (which I love) & dabbed it gingerly on pressure points over Coquette. Pussyfooted back into the living room and my husband took about 3 minutes to react to the scent and suddenly 'perked' up. Excused myself for 5 min to come enter this! I will update tomorrow :rabbit4::green_smiley_monster::CHUBBY~214:

Edited by LoveStruck

OK girls... Tyvey's Chewy Spice over Coquette (which I believe has Bang! but not sure at this hour/particular situation) husband is noticably hot and bothered... and this isn't his usual "what smells like hippie incense?" reaction to me over-slathering some wild intensive honey or patch-laden LP lovely (which I admit, I've made into SO-bane by putting TOO much on). He keeps "hovering" which I find delightfully bewitching as I wait to see just what is poking the embers in his campfire... more to come. (I could say something here but I won't.) I had put on my Coquette earlier... and on a wine-induced WHIM went in to my closely- guarded closet and picked up TCS (which I love) & dabbed it gingerly on pressure points over Coquette. Pussyfooted back into the living room and my husband took about 3 minutes to react to the scent and suddenly 'perked' up. Excused myself for 5 min to come enter this! I will update tomorrow :rabbit4::green_smiley_monster::CHUBBY~214:

Although my bottle hasn't come yet (since I finally got myself together and put in my order yesterday), I can see why that combo might be good. I love layering spicy things over Coquette! (Try it with Sugared Cinnamon!! nom nom nom!) Can't wait to try this combo!

I will just say that this one goes down in my LP recipe file, in the same 'exclusive' category as Compromising Positions, Honeyed LP and LAM... The first night I received TCS I slathered and I thought it was awesome - but husband couldn't deal with the patch (yet Compromising Positions drives him nuts). So I had to find a delicate balance. The subtle surprise addition of pepper and coriander really give me a salacious little vibe. :666: And of course I'm sure Bang! factored in here somewhere, but I didn't get that kind of immediate reaction with Coquette only.

Tyvey's Chewy Spice is one of 'those' I'd love to have in a wax tart or simmer oil... it really is something very unique. Tyvey comes up with some goodun's that's for sure.

ETA: Good suggestion BB... I will try some of my fav sugars with Coquette!

Edited by LoveStruck

Goodness gracious. This is eyes rolling back in the head gorgeous. Like MDC, I was scared by the blast of pepper straight from the bottle, but it all but disappeared on my skin. Instead, it was the much needed sharpness to an otherwise very creamy scent. I initally passed this over becasue coconut usually takes over a scent for me, as does patchouli, but together...wow. They play nicely, and it gives the coconut a richer, sophisticated feel. In fact, this would fall into my category of "rich, classic perfumes" like Chanel or Posion. It just feels that luxurious. I see others describing the texture of this as chewy, hence the name, but for me, this was thick, thick coconut cream that i want to pour over my body.

When I was testing this last night, just a dab on the wrist, I was doing dishes and i kept smelling this delicious aroma and thought, "What is that?" and it was me!! Oh yeah, and Tyvey, I will be trying this one on the Marine. i think it is definitely unisex

• 4 months later...

This one has been a real surprise love for me... just checked one of my two bottles and it is 3/4 gone. It's definitely not a "Hmmm what smells good?" whisper of a scent. "Chewy" is a great adverb for this... it is a bad sexy hypnotic blend. Tyvey if you haven't done so already, you need to have a reference 'cookbook' of PEs... you (and the Master Mara) have come up with some killer elixirs. Quite intimidating to those of us who are timid PE virgins (me)...

:loves666::light-bulb::pot::stirthepot:

• 9 months later...

This is still my favorite PE EVER MADE. I wore it out last night and could not get over myself!!!! It's gotten sexier with age (if possible) and I was thinking....THIS MY BE MY FAVORITE LP EVER. I'm on my second bottle and when I'm about halfway through that I will be begging for a rebrew. I want to get one with Gotcha and/ or one with BI I think.

• 1 year later...

Based on reviews, no one in their right mind would ever give this up, but did anyone accidentally buy 3 bottles instead of two and realize that with their 90 other most favorite bottles of perfume ever, they might not get to wear the third?

Based on reviews, no one in their right mind would ever give this up, but did anyone accidentally buy 3 bottles instead of two and realize that with their 90 other most favorite bottles of perfume ever, they might not get to wear the third?

Lol! Hell no but you can order a rebrew of these PE’s. I definitely will be in a few months when my bottle gets dangerously low. I want a spray this time around too.

That is where I'm at, I had over 150+ bottles of LP's and its taken me about 2 years to get that number down to 100. Because I'm tight on space, I now have to use up 10 bottles before I can buy 1...Ahhh but this is a good addiction to have, as I love Mara's creations.

That is where I'm at, I had over 150+ bottles of LP's and its taken me about 2 years to get that number down to 100. Because I'm tight on space, I now have to use up 10 bottles before I can buy 1...Ahhh but this is a good addiction to have, as I love Mara's creations.

This all seems perfectly reasonable and sensible. Except having to use up 10 seems extreme! Four seems more than fair, if things are under control now.