Spell Collection 2015 - Sigils!

Potion Master

I'd love to see the originals Elizabeth! A question about your walnut ink - do you make it yourself? I recently came across a post with instructions for making it, and wondered if people actually take the time to do that. (I'm guessing they do!).

Interesting, I have some walnut ink myself, and a bamboo dip pen for it, but I never thought about making it myself. I use it as ink/watercolor, I love its warmth.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Bats! Peaceful Home turned out perfect, what where some of the others that played nice and which ones didn't? Just wondering if any were calling out louder as signal to pay close mind to. Peaceful Home I could see being a great energy to work with cause you always need a great base to work from and I've done major clearing on my place because of that. Were there any potions that you really liked from the last collection? I took inventory the other day and I still have the 2013 collection, but none from any other collection like Road Opener.

Is there a u tube vid on Sigils I could study up on? I'll look up Gordon White in the meantime. Man I got some homework to do, it's all fascinating but I'm starting from scratch I don't even have real pen, damn!

I found the recipe on a gardening site - yougrowgirl.com The woman does some really amazing things with the plants she grows in her garden. Late last winter/early spring I hunkered down & read the entire website from beginning to end. It's pretty awesome.

Wow, thank you for sharing, Elizabeth! I love these so much. Now I kind of want to get some and some ink!

Here is the link on Runesoup to sigils. Ultimate Sigil Magic Guide and walnut drawing ink can be bought online at Amazon. I can check work tomorrow to see if Michaels has it for those who are interested but they have downsized their inks so it is unlikely. We used to have a large array of colors though. I was fond of the red ink for spells. (if another ink wasn't more appropriate) I do know that Michaels still has dip pens. Crow quill pens and calligraphy dip pens, as well as the inks, are in the drawing section. They don't get asked for often so don't let an employee say that they don't carry them, cause they do.

Now back to careful plotting of money and purchases. :smiley-signs136:

Fuck Yeah!! To all of it! The labels, the process, the return of my favorite fucking words to my favorite fucking forum.

Fuckity Fuck Yeah Bithches woohooo!

YOU had the BABY ???

LOL no not yet although I look like I am due any day now. I have about 4.5 more months to go

Yes LV - good to see you back. I hope all has been going well for you!

Thanks QG! I have been super tired and lazy lol

Guest cutie.pie

I missed your posts LadyV! :kiss43:

The labels are so beautiful ElizabethOSP!

Now I just can't wait to see the notes and read Luna's descriptions! :)

Thanks for the info Bats! Peaceful Home turned out perfect, what where some of the others that played nice and which ones didn't? Just wondering if any were calling out louder as signal to pay close mind to. Peaceful Home I could see being a great energy to work with cause you always need a great base to work from and I've done major clearing on my place because of that. Were there any potions that you really liked from the last collection? I took inventory the other day and I still have the 2013 collection, but none from any other collection like Road Opener.

Is there a u tube vid on Sigils I could study up on? I'll look up Gordon White in the meantime. Man I got some homework to do, it's all fascinating but I'm starting from scratch I don't even have real pen, damn!

You know, Cherise, I found it VERY interesting which ones argued with me and which ones just sang perfectly. They gave me some unexpected and not always comfortable insights on my state of mind while I was drawing them! But then, that is one of the reasons I love working with sigils.

One True Love, Lucky Van Van, Fascination, and Harmonious Self probably fought me the hardest. Fascination just wouldn't form itself properly...until Mara asked for it to have a hole in the middle to write a name. I put pen to paper and WHAM! There it was. :) One True Love was acting weird in multiple versions until I turned it *upside down* and voila! All happy. Lucky Van Van confused me. And I couldn't even decide which Harmonious Self to use! I made Mara pick. Heh.

On the other hand, Peaceful Home reeeeally wanted to be a house. Determination was almost instant, as was Hex Deflection. Blessing insisted on being easy-to-see letters all dancing in a bunch. Glamour surprised the hell outta me--she wanted to be what she wanted to be. Road Opener was pretty quick to show itself, but was kinda persnickety about its style. When you see the drawings with their accompanying scritches and comments, you can tell how they all acted.

From the older Spell Collection, Road Opener, Blessing Oil, and Love Drawing are go-to oils for me. I only use Road Opener if I'm truly ready to shake things up, but the other two I wear as perfumes along with using them magickally. From more recent Collection, I use BFF, ProCreate, Glamour Puss, and Sweet Dreams & Comfort a LOT. :) And there are ones that weren't in the spell collections--like Leprechaun Luck and the older Ashes to Dust--that I find *extremely* useful. Plus they all SMELL SO GOOOOOD!!!

:heart:I can't wait to smell these new ones! :heart:

P.S. I've not seen sigil videos on youtube, but I'll bet there are a ton of them. And really, you just have to find a technique that resonates with you, as who you are *right now*. Know what I mean? And I think it should be fun...but that's just what works for me. :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Oh wow, gorgeous, beautiful, and SO intrigueing!!!

I'm curious about the notes too of course, but I'm seeing a handful that I'm going to get regardless of which notes they have.

Might have to try and pop out a firstborn to sell first though....

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!

FABULOUS LABELS!!!

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:rockon: LOL.....LadyV, I love you!

Batsy, those are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous! You have an amazing talent!

Thank you Batsy for taking the time to answer my questions! Those 4 Sigils that put up a fight, One True Love, Lucky Van Van, Fascination and Harmonious Self are pretty challenging requests to obtain in general (substaining a great relationship, having luck follow you, maintaining a hot body, not stressing) so it would make sense so it would make sense how those requests would be a challenge to produce esp some those situs involve others and don't come easy.

The easy ones Peaceful Home, Hex Defelection, and Blessings are situs that are easier (for me at least) to control just by weeding out negative people, dodging drama or decluttering space etc.. Easier to control I say but not easy to maintain, it's constant upkeep but that's where Determination Potion comes in for that extra push. I'm glad showed up instantly like you said cause we should all have something to give us a kick in the ass (better a potion than a boot).

As for past potions Sweet Dreams & Comfort I used a lot as well but I'm gonna keep ProCreate on hand for creative projects esp after seeing your Sigils process so inspiring! And yes I agree that even non spell potions can be great to work with, one of my favorites was a PE.

I'm gonna do some u tube research later like you suggested and thanks Bats for everytghing the artwork, the info..Muwah!

Edited by Cherise

These are truly unique! I haven't seen anything like them. I love, love, love the concept of the sigils. Thank you for doing these, I feel like I will finally be able to grasp the proper use of sigils with this collection. I've tried them on my own, but they're just one of the things I couldn't "get." Great work & beautifully drawn Elizabeth (OSP). The Fascination one could be particularly excellent to empower a love letter. Put some on before writing it & draw the sigil by your signature. They'd just think it was a pretty drawing & it would smell lovely like you. Squee! I'm getting super excited :)

ETA: I can't wait to see how LP does Van Van. I've loved it when y'all have hit the lemongrass in things like LP Gold & Celebutante. This is going to be epic :bday1029:

Edited by Beccah