'Scent Lockets' are here!

I just got my test run of 'scent lockets' from China, and they are GORGEOUS.

They are sterling-plated over copper, lacy designs with lots of beautiful detail. They are larger than expected! Around the size of a big stuffed olive, or a large cherry. You can fit a whole large cotton ball in these.

Keep in mind these are plated - sterling over copper - and this is an experiment, I'm not sure how the silver will wear if wet with perfume oil over and over. These were not made as perfume lockets, I am trying them out for this purpose. They are prettier than any real perfume lockets I've seen though, just beautiful designs.

I've got 12 of them I can share with you all right now...I will order more, though, if everyone likes them and they wear well.

Price is $15 each, I will string them on adjustable thin black veggie leather cords, pack them in an organza pouch and shipping is free.

Please reserve here if you want one, and then just buy them using a gift certificate with your next order. Let's limit to one per person with this small test lot. Thanks. Let me know what you think! :)

Locket-Heart.JPG

Heart Design

0/2 available - Cherise, Phergineer

Locket-Basket2.JPG

Basket Design

0/2 available - Mountainwitch, Seajammarket

Locket-Red.JPG

Red Glass Accented Orb

0/3 available - Vladmyra, RoseBlackthorne, GoddessLynne

Locket-Black.JPG

Black Glass Accented Orb

0/2 available - Wendylynne, QuietGuy

Locket-Purple.JPG

Purple Glass Accented Orb

0/3 available - Paganlady, ElizOSP, HMMB

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you wear scents with these? Would you actually put a cotton ball scented with perfume oil inside the locket? I'm kind of intrigued!

Yes. dab a cotton ball with scent and put it inside the locket. It's for people who's skin chemistry changes the scent of their perfumes. If you like something in the bottle but it goes off on the skin, you can try wearing the perfume this way. The heat of your body should warm up the locket and diffuse the scent.

Wow these are gorgeous!! I am not a scent locket wearer, but these are beautiful enough it makes me want to get one. Having flipped out over the NRs though, must be conservative now.

I know there are many that have wanted these - and yes best word to describe is gorgeous.

LOVE THESE !!

Edited by liz

Might. I find that wearing a locket doesn't throw a huge amount of scent, even less than wearing perfume normally because it isn't heating up like it would on your skin. In a car on a cold day the driver and front seat might smell it newly scented but probably not the back seat. . But during the summer it might work like a champ. Down here or might even work too well. ;) If you could put it overt your vent then that might work nicely also. :)

ETA: If you change the scent fairly often I think it would work nicely. I might have to try it. I used to have a wooden talisman worth sandalwood that smelled nice for about a week.

Edited by Maililyahn

How would you wear scents with these? Would you actually put a cotton ball scented with perfume oil inside the locket? I'm kind of intrigued!

I use a scent locket regularly and love it. I can wear scents more often and a greater variety in a given day with the use of a locket.

My applications are for the following:

1 - If there's a scent I love but turns on my skin, it can still be enjoyed with a locket

2 - When I really want to wear fragrance but know my day will lead me somewhere they request you to be fragrance-free. (ex. many doctor's offices now request anyone entering their office to be fragrance-free). On those occasions, I can just take off the locket before entering, but still enjoy it both before and after.

3 - If part of my day will be spent with someone sensitive to fragrances, I can do as mentioned above.

4 - Some days I may need one phero early in the day and a different one later in the day. If I'm not sure the first will have time wear off before needing the second, I'll use a locket for the early part of the day. I used to worry about ODing with this method, but it's never been a problem for me. I guess the removal of the first prevents it.

When I discovered all the applications for scent lockets, I was able to wear LP's MUCH more often ... which makes me happy (and those around me). I highly recommend them.

4 - Some days I may need one phero early in the day and a different one later in the day. If I'm not sure the first will have time wear off before needing the second, I'll use a locket for the early part of the day. I used to worry about ODing with this method, but it's never been a problem for me. I guess the removal of the first prevents it.

That's actually genius. I also think it was Halo that had said something about washing off the pheromones if you OD on them. Maybe this would be a great way to test out a blend before putting it on your skin, also.

No thank you Mara :), my first scent locket! So I'm guessing I'm gonna order it like a PE.

Nevermind edited to add I just read to buy a gift cert, with next order, will do.

Edited by Cherise

I'll take a black glass orb. I had a scent locket in my car during college (got it at at little shop in Chicago's China Town), but it gave up the ghost years ago. So happy to see these! The sun warms the scent and even during the winter the scent carries nicely, so long as the sun shines. You can always put a clip through the bail and attach it to the heat vent uprights. Works like a dream.

Edited by Wanderlust

I will give it a try - I would like a black orb please

Mara, may I please reserve the orb with the red stone? Thank you! I love it! These are gorgeous! :)

ETA, you can send me an invoice and I have enough in my Paypal to pay for it so that it can go out with my order

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

LOL QG leave it to you to come up with something. I actually LIKE this idea however... hanging from the car mirror. :emot151: Could make the time in traffic bearable.

Could make the drive to or from the restaurant on date night more ... "bearable" lol.

Edited by quietguy

Also for these round type scent lockets you guys could use the colored craft pom poms. Amazon Pom Poms I'd get them in a craft store but Amazon was handy for a link. This way you could have a color peeking through the filigree. It would also be another way to match intent with scent. Or just a way to easily remember which pom pom had what on it. I have a flat type scent locket and use colored felt in mine. Red for LP Red, Black for Black etc...

Mara, thank you so much. These are so lovely. Very eager to try this with a few of the scents I love, but can't wear because my skin turns them wonky. I promise to report back and let you know how these work.

Edited by Wanderlust

Maililyahn, that is an awesome idea! You are brilliant! :)

Thank you! :girlHeart-5: I have my moments, sometimes few and far between. ;)

Maililyahn, that is a great idea! Every scent deserves to be celebrated in colour. This gives all sorts of options to add a pop of colour to clothing, or to express a particular element in a perfume, to switch colours seasonally/for holidays, or even to assign the colour one feels the scent of choice represents on any given day. Thank you for suggestioning yet another way to enjoy LPMP!

Also for these round type scent lockets you guys could use the colored craft pom poms.

That is a great idea!

May I please reserve a red orb?

Yes, Darling, thank you!

There beautiful- I would love to reserve the one with the red stone - thank you

I'm sorry, Banshee, the last red was claimed before you. We've got the purple stone or the basket to choose from now. Either of these catch your fancy?

Also for these round type scent lockets you guys could use the colored craft pom poms. Amazon Pom Poms I'd get them in a craft store but Amazon was handy for a link. This way you could have a color peeking through the filigree. It would also be another way to match intent with scent. Or just a way to easily remember which pom pom had what on it. I have a flat type scent locket and use colored felt in mine. Red for LP Red, Black for Black etc...

Such a good idea! I just happened to have some Poms of the right size so I stuck a couple in to each pouch for you to give it a try. Not sure about the composition of the ones I have....they feel very nylon-ish, so they may not absorb perfume that well - might be better to use a cotton ball than these, but put them in for the sake of science.

I hope it works! :) I can check what the ones at work are made from when I get back there. There are the kids craft ones and then there are some others with the knitting and felting supplies. Those might be made of something more absorbent if the craft pom poms don't work as well.

Yes, felt seems like an excellent choice. These are more plasticy feeling. They're from the primary-colored combo bags, not the link you shared, which look better. :)

The ones I have I was using to make cat toys for my kids...putting them on the ends of pipe-cleaners. I used up all the large ones they like and the ones I had left were the perfect size for the lockets!