Is there such a thing as too many cops?

CerisLou

I have been wondering this for a couple of days. People on here have mentioned that if too many pheros are used you can ghost. I was wondering if there would be a similar effect with cops?

The reason I ask is because I have some Sheer Essence which I like to add to things and I am never sure whether it matters how much I use. I currently use about 1-3 drops from the little dropper bottle. Also I have Beth's Blushing Milkmaid and which I love but I find the smells fades quite quickly on me so I like to top it up a couple of times but wonder if it will affect the cops reaction (I like to wear this one or Phero Girl when my SO is visiting and staying over). Is it possible to ghost with cops or is a cops reaction a cops reaction no matter the amount used?

You can definitely ghost with cops. I was decanting a bottle of LP Red a few years back, & I didn't want to waste that last little bits in the bottle / pipette, which turned out to be a WHOLE lot when I applied it to my skin, then I went to Walmart... People were either staring at me uncomprehendingly or acting like I didn't exist. It was a surreal experience that I would not care to repeat. Have you tried Sugared Vanilla or Cream, maybe those will give you the scent you're looking for?

ETA: Sorry! It was OCCO Red, doh!

Edited by Beccah

Sheer Essence is already pretty diluted so I wouldn't worry about it as much using that. If it was straight EoW then you'd need to be more careful. Just remember you barely need any to get a reaction. But Sheer Essence and ones that are mixed with a fragrance are not as bad since they are already diluted.

See above edit, but yeah pretty much what Halo said. Personally I find with cops, they tend to linger on the skin & if I have a day where I have to skip a shower & I've worn them, I'll be getting hits the next day & be like ''the hell?' until I remember I didn't wash them off, lol. Just something to keep in mind.

ETA: Hmm, keep making errors on the iPad, time to switch to my laptop, lol.

Edited by Beccah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have had experiences with over applying my OCCO oils... The scent of the Ambrosia was so intoxicating and addicting that I had kept swiping more just to sniff it. By over applying I mean 6+ 3 inch strips on wrists, both sides of neck, chest, belly... maybe even behind my knees a dot. I knew it was wayyyy overkill but I had been running my own tests on what amount was good for me.

Self effects of this: My temperature rose and I started sweating profusely, increased anxiety

Social Effect: My boyfriend would stare at me like something was wrong with me (probably the sweating) and walk around me, keeping me at a distance. In public it must have been a bit offensive as I got the same response.

You really might want to keep cops away from your face. You'll be precived as "unclean". Just think for a sec about the message you are sending out by having the scent of cops come from your face. This might explain the staring or any confusion. Cleavage is as high as I go. A dab in the cleavage will waft the scent up to you. I don't always do cleavage I depends on the situation.

I generally do a swirl on my belly, smoosh it a bit with my wrist and that's it.

I know what you mean about the scent of Occo A. Its to die for.

• 1 month later...

Also, never ever EVER get cops in your hair! Even the scented ones.....after the scent leaves, you smell nothing but COOCH.

And yes, there is ALWAYS a point where it is TOO MUCH. If people are shying away from you, looking at you like you're from another planet, etc, you have applied too much.

Edited by Dolly