Headaches?

So yesterday I wore just a couple of sprays of Sweet something or other with Gotcha and got a raging headache. Like from 6 am until midnight last night and had to take tylenol sinus about 3x yesterday. . until I finally knocked myself out with a 600 mg ibuprofen. My neck felt really tight, my head throbbed, all like a bad tension headache. Work is a bear, but this was out of the blue after a good 7.5 hour sleep. I also had some eyelash extensions filled with that glue (because yes, I'm worth it!) that smells, but it was pretty quick.

I also own the unscented Gotcha but didn't use that. And I don't

I felt pretty out of it all day, disconnected. . .so I am assuming I OD'd??

My mix was 1.5 trial vial of that sweet whatever it is plus 3 ml of perfumers alcohol in a tiny spray bottle.

I don't think that amount of Gotcha is likely to result in an OD. Fragrances that already come phero-enhanced contain a lower concentration of phero than if you buy them boosted with an add-on or use the UN form. Which isn't to say that ODs are impossible with them, it's just doubtful that only two sprays would have that severe of an effect.

Were you still wearing any pheros from the day before? Sometimes they can be tenacious, particularly if you get them in your hair or on your clothes. If not, it's entirely possible that there's something about that particular scent that doesn't play nice for you. I get chronic migraines and there are definitely some kinds of scents I can't handle. I can't comment on the glue, don't know nuthin' about that. :)

I think it is possible that the pheros caused a headache. It happened to me once but only in conjunction with other stuff (lack of food, etc.) and I have been using pheros for years.

I just realized I poured probably another ML of the UN Gotcha into that Sweet Headache potion. I've used the glue before since I have had eyelashes for a minute, so I actually think it probably contributed but I had the headache well before the glue.

But I am praying it isn't the Gotcha but is the scent. It's really sweet and fruity and isn't the kind of smell I would wear normally (and I probably snorted my wrists a million times during the day). I don't recall if I wore any pheros on Tuesday.. .I'm trying to do it every other day right now.

Tonight I wore my cops boosted Gotcha with some Pherogirl and no headache, but it definitely makes me a little more distracted and tired and less naturally bubbly.

Baby steps, I guess. I definitely know that when I used some primal instinct when i first got started, that gave me a reaction so I'm going to go easy with A nol and cops since i've had something similar with two different supplier's products containing both. And I'll only wear scent blends that i know I don't react to. This is powerful stuff and I was a little glib in my use, I guess.

I am prone to migraines and sometimes a scent will just set one off. Its not always the same thing. Just when its going to happen if I am wearing something in any way potent then that scent will likely stab me in the brain until I get it off.

Guest cutie.pie

It could be the scent... I wore Money Multiplier yesterday and when I applied it I got a huge headache, but after it dried, the scent wasn't do intense and my headache was gone.

It could be the scent, it could be the pheros. It could even be the alcohol. I'm prone to migraines, getting them every day for parts of the year and LPs don't give them to me but everyone is different. If it happens next time, wash it off. Drink a couple bottles of water. If it's truly an OD that's what you need to do to feel better.

I've only ever triggered a migraine with scent, not unscented pheros, though I lot of a-nol (I mean a whopping great lot to cause a touch of OD) can make me feel a woozy and ill for a bit. I actually find that cops seem to soothe my hormonal mixed tension migraines.

I hope it is just something in Secret Sweetness and not Gotcha. SS has several florals and I get the impression that florals are pretty common triggers of headaches and migraines. I'd wager that it's the perfume and not the pheros, but it doesn't hurt to proceed with caution until you know what caused your monster headache.

Sometimes when I combine things they tend to elicit reactions that I wouldn't normally have with either component on it's own. It could be a combination of the glue fumes & the fragrance that gave you the headache.

• 1 month later...

Cougar and BI can give me headaches. With cougar I hold my breath when I spray or I'm at risk. BI the oil is enough to make me bitchy and give me a throb in the head so I stick to a very low dose and I don't put it on my chest where I constantly be breathing it in. Gotcha has never bothered me. It usually puts me in a good mood.

• 1 month later...

Stacy, I get the same thing from Cougar. And definitely with a strong cops base. It's like "ouch"

Certain scents are really triggering my headaches -- definitely with steamy bikini (plus it is making my skin burn).

Others are fine.

I tend to slather because smells don't last long on me (or I tune out and can't smell anymore after an hour), but I am realizing just how toxic that is for me.

• 5 months later...

Anyone have trouble with Sneaky Clean and migraines? I love this scent so much, but I think it is triggering migraines and it is killlllling me!!! I have worn it three times now and gotten a headache each time. Yesterday I just barely spritzed and today I am glued to the couch.

My SC is a spray. Would a roll on make a difference?

Hi brookejones. I have never tried SC, so I can not say anything with respect to that one, but headaches can be a common effect from certain pheros. Sometimes, it is a specific phero, other times it is too much of the phero and then yet other times, it could be the time during your cycle?

It could also be the perfumer's alcohol in the spray. I wear almost all oils because the perfumer's alcohol gives me headaches. I would suggest getting a trial vial of Sneaky Clean and seeing if the oil still bothers you. Try it some time when you can run wash it off if you feel a headache approaching. At least then you are only out $5. :) And hopefully it works out and you can indulge in Sneaky Cleanness in a different form.

Edited by Maililyahn

Rose, I wonder if it could be a hormonal thing. I had a hysterectomy last year and things are still a bit off in that department.

Mai, I will definitely try that. I do not want to give up on the scent because I love it so much :-(

Thank you ladies for responding! I appreciate the input so much as I still have so much to learn.

I wondered about that. Plus I amp the hell out of florals, which is why I think I have disliked them so much in the past. This is the first one I have ever even tolerated...much less loved :-(

I am really sad about this.