A Joyful & Dazzling Hello!

BelleDuJour

Greetings & Salutations, lovely community of beautifully fragrant citizens! :)

I have been a long time lurker. *Hands covering eyes*. I think it about time to join you on the dance floor! ;)

I've dabbled in a few LP products over the past couple of years (embarrassingly few) and have done as much reading and researching - albeit from afar - in the LPMP world (Including pheros! Was such an awesome find! Completely unbeknownst to me that phero world was even possible!) as one could. Over the past 6/7 years, I've forayed into the different dimensions of the fragrance world [Niche/Exclusives/the like] as I love what the sense of scent encompasses. It's evocative ability to transcend the wearer to a different mindset/persona, transport to a significant time, or take one on an emotional journey. It's always the final touch to adorn what we wear or the perfect little accompaniment to the mood we desire to create in a certain situation. I've always *loved* that. Powerful. I look exceedingly forward to exploring and experimenting. I also look forward to experiencing certain elements in fragrance that I'm not normally a fan of, as the science of Mara & Co. [as I have assessed and have been learning] skillfully takes them into different depths and hues. Neat! :)

Cheers! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Greetings & Salutations, lovely community of beautifully fragrant citizens!

I was considering a joke about the term (not fragrant) my wife uses for me when I get back from the gym haha! :lol:

I also look forward to experiencing certain elements in fragrance that I'm not normally a fan of, as the science of Mara & Co. [as I have assessed and have been learning] skillfully takes them into different depths and hues. Neat! :)

Cheers! :)

Hi & welcome. Nice to meet you! It will be fun reading about your conversion to the notes you thought you didn't like before. I used to think that I hated vanilla & anise notes, but I love what LP does with them. Also amber, I didn't know how I felt about it in commercial scents, but in LP I love it. I find it smells like "old lady" to me in commercial brews.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome ~ Saffron23, Halo0073, Cherise, Maililyahn, Rose Blackthorn, BlueBear, Quietguy, Tink333, NuTrix, Cutie.pie, Beach Goddess, Donsie, Bella15, Hearts, Beccah! :)

@Cherise: Yes! 'Tis the ever-great Kate! ;)

@QG: LOL "Natural" musk is.. still a component to many fragrances.

@Beccah: Thank you! The scents I have a harder time with are usually in the categories of foody/ fruity/ the uber & heavy citrusy (can do a light variety, well tempered w/other elements)/ green (goes very sharp)/ & acquatic. My skin amps up certain elements in these scents to high heavens. Resin (certain) and incense-like scents are also a bit of a challenge. I was born & partially raised in South Asia and many people burned incense and attars (think Oud) to fragrance their homes and stores/bazaars. So, I have a really hard time dismissing that association when sniffed, as my mind goes into air freshener territory so to speak (& not always associated with positive memories). I'm an odd one & very scent sensitive; easily affected by my environment - lights, scents, etc. Err... Sense-sensitive? Ha. I'm not sure of the proper term.

Scents that I DO love:

*Floral/Woodsy/Musky/Oriental*

However, that's the beauty of places like this. Turning something dismissed into the beloved. :) ?

Edited by BelleDuJour

Double post! Oops! ?

Edited by BelleDuJour

• 3 weeks later...

However, that's the beauty of places like this. Turning something dismissed into the beloved. :)

Hi, BelleDuJour! That certainly is the truth. I thought I disliked florals...until I smelled Mara's versions. In fact, I thought I liked foodie scents until I smelled her mixes of vanilla and florals and now they are my favorites. The samples turn you on to so many things you would have never picked for yourself. I lurked for awhile myself before joining, so welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome, SirenSong! :)