Fairy Cake: Honeysuckle

Beccah

AD-HoneysuckleFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Honeysuckle

A creamy dreamy honey of a fairy cake...two luscious types of honeysuckle blended with honeyed vanilla and slathered with whipped cream frosting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.

• 2 weeks later...

My hubby's immediate favorite. We often run into the trouble that a honeysuckle scent smells chemical or is too blended with other ingredients that it can barely be detected. This strikes me as TRUE honeysuckle scent, with just the right dash of vanilla. It's long lasting on me - upwards of 5 hours. Quite lovely. I get a gentle wafting of it now and then, the way honeysuckle should behave. Comforting, light floral. A total winner for us both. I think the unscented LAM would go great with this to bring out its inherent uplifting, optimistic, feminine quality.

This is beautiful. Mara does the best honeysuckles. The honeysuckle is very forward and I get very little cake. If you like Leprechaun Luck or Sugared Honeysuckle you should like this.

This is very pretty. I love Honeysuckle. I get a big honeysuckle flower blooming atop a delicate, warm vanilla base. It's a wonderfully happy, warm floral that inspires me to go sit outside in a warm garden and just enjoy nature & get going on that spring clean up.. later :)

This is incredible!! I no cake or sweetness beyond the natural sweetness in honeysuckle. Honeysuckle tends to run sharp on me, but it is beautiful softened in this by the cream. A warm, sunny scent. It's waaaaay to early for me to pick a favorite, but as of now, this one is a contender!

OH.MY.GAWD. I LUUUURV honeysuckle and this is SO lovely! I don't get the cake so much, it's a soft quiet pillow in the background. This is just a pretty honeysuckle floral. It's not pointy or stabby - just bright and soft and PERFECT!

Damn, these floral cakes are surprising me. Another one that I'm just loving. The dry down is how I wish most honey scents would behave on my skin. It's lightly floral, and a sweet vanilla kissed by golden honey. This is like sunshine and smiles in a bottle.

Another win for the floral side!

This is a really true honeysuckle flower on me - with just a slight touch of green and that sort of waxy/pollen-y aura of the petals. I like it because it's not too intense (not like Suckled Honey, for example), even for being so naturally floral rather than syrupy-sweet (and usually I prefer the more sticky sweet kind). In the drydown I get a bit of the cupcake, and that's nice too. It's got great sillage as well.

While I do like the other honeysuckle scents, I was worried that this would be overpowering. But it's not, it's absolutely beautiful! I don't really get the cake, just a sweet lovely honeysuckle blossom hanging out on my arm.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG OMG HONEYSUCKLE!!! Delicious delicious delicious delicious delicious. I love both Leprechaun Luck and Sugared Honeysuckle. And I ADORE this one. It's all honeysuckle on me, and it lasts and lasts. Honeysuckles are one of my favorite flowers. My Dad grew them, and my Mom has them along one-and-a-half sides of her house. This perfume smells like when the vines are completely in bloom, thousands of flowers scenting the breeze wherever you go in the yard. It's definitely a euphoric for me. The other day I wore it layered with Sugared Honeysuckle. The two intensified each other, which I would not have thought possible. I am addicted.

:burning-heart::burning-heart::burning-heart:

• 2 months later...

This is so BEAUTIFUL! It's soft with the perfect amount of sweetness. It's dried down on me now and it smells like the lightest of honeyed vanilla cake soaked in honeysuckle syrup but yet I don't feel like a walking dessert. It's so pretty!

Edited by tink333

• 6 months later...

When I smelled this in the bottle.....I immediately thought to myself "I wish I had the creative genius spark of the folks at LPMP". Seriously. This is like smelling true honeysuckle. It is lovely, feminine and soft. When I put it on my skin, something makes it go straight to a sharp, clean smell for some reason, like dove bar soap. But after 10 minutes it is absolutely perfect on me. This is another scent that makes me purr! :purr: I actually imagine this would be great with Lace or cuddle bunny.

• 4 weeks later...

For those, who tried both this and sugared honeysuckle - what is the difference? I usually have problems with honey, which in many cases turns very unpleasant on my skin. But I hope I will be OK with honeysuckle. But there is honeyed vanilla in the Fairy cake honeysuckle. So I am not sure it will work for me. On the other hand, it seems more complex (from the descriptions only) than the sugared honeysuckle.

I have both because I love LP honeysuckle fragrances.

IMO

The "Sugared" is sugary, honeysuckle flowers. Very warm and sparkley.

The FC doesn't impart a strong "honey" note on my skin. It's warm, sweet honeysuckle blended into a light vanilla cake. I love it.

Thanks, StacyK. The thing is, I just smelled Kiss of Nectar and I discovered what honeysuckle smells llike. Is either of them similar to Kiss of Nectar? I am guessing the FC would if either of those.

No. They are not like "Kiss of Nectar". That's a good one. I honestly can't say IMO that one or the other is closer. FC is a light vanilla cake-honeysuckle & Sugared is sugary floral. KON is a wonderful light honey nectar honeysuckle. Pretty different to my nose.

• 8 months later...

This smelled very bright, happy, and fizzy. It is a really upbeat fragrance. It smells great when wet. I could see this paired with levitation. As it dries it smells like vanilla cake. Then it smells like something sugary sweet. Then it turns slightly perfumey. Then it goes back and forth between something sweet and deep. Then It blends and I can smell all of the layers at the same time. Then I just get honeysuckle. I really like this fragrance in the beginning when it smells like a happy fizzy cake.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...