Fairy Cake: Tuberose

Beccah

AD-TuberoseFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Tuberose

A single exotic voluptuous tuberose blossom, slathered with whipped pink buttercream frosting, adorns a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils and a drop of sweet amber resin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the perfect tuberose scent for me. I imagine others will like it too, but what truly matters is that I love it. And my relationship with tuberose thus far has been respect and admiration but I never thought I'd want to actually slather myself with it as I do now.

As with the orchid fairy cake scent, I get a lovely sugary aura which just frames the floral note wonderfully. Even as robust a note as this is normally, it is well-balanced and beautiful.

This is soo perty. I feel I've mentioned more that once my difficulty with Rose, so I was cautiously hoping for this to work, and it does!!

Very subtle and soft tuberose kissed with sweetness. I just works. I also LO :heart: E this label. I want to put this on, climb up on my unicorn and fly off, genteelly flipping off anyone who displeased me.

Edited by StacyK

I love LP's tuberose. It's always so heady and sensuous. This does not disappoint. The tuberose is front and center in this, sweetened by a decadent cake. There's almost something spicy at the edges of it. As it dries down, I start to get a pink feel, and the rich buttery note comes out. The long dry down is absolutely gorgeous. very sexy. I'd wear this with LFN for sure!

Oh, I had such high hopes for this one......................and they were FULFILLED!!! Hee!

I enjoy tuberoses. They're neat pants and they smell eye-rollingly good when they bloom. However, when I've tried to wear tuberose perfumes, I've always had to be reeeeeally sparing because my skin amps the note hellishly. But it's not so with this one.

> :)

So. At very first vial-snoof, I really didn't get overt tuberose. I could tell there was a floral there in the cake, but not much else about it. Onto my skin then! As it warmed, here came the flower. It was beautiful. It started developing, and my fears arose...and it did NOT amp! I got a great tuberose with the cake, and I do believe the amber was knitting it all together even though I couldn't perceive it separately.

I put this on at bedtime night before last, so I didn't (consciously) experience the long drydown. But as long as I was awake--which was a while--this stayed as a tuberose blossom nestled on top of a piece of cake. Holy doodah this is GOOD. And it's a tuberose I can WEAR!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I'm not familiar with tuberose and I'm reading this as something distinctly tart and fruity! :huh: I'm sure what I smell is the flower, but it IS very sweet and like hard candy of some sort to me. It goes well with the strawberry ^_^ As it dries, it loses the tartness and gains a kind of creamy sweetness. Not at all what I was expecting from a floral :)

I'm not familiar with tuberose and I'm reading this as something distinctly tart and fruity! :huh: I'm sure what I smell is the flower, but it IS very sweet and like hard candy of some sort to me. It goes well with the strawberry ^_^ As it dries, it loses the tartness and gains a kind of creamy sweetness. Not at all what I was expecting from a floral :)

NuTrix, I think this smells fruity, too! There is something really alluring with this one, it stays fruity for a good long while, then goes ever so slightly floral, with a creamy base. I am obsessed with this one as well.

I think BlueBear is spot on in describing this as sensuous. It's a sexy in a very seductive and captivating way. LFN would be so absolutely perfect with this. I'm getting this smooth sweet and creamy tuberose framed with gauzy pink vanilla wisps of sweetness. I need a FB of this for sure!!

I think BlueBear is spot on in describing this as sensuous. It's a sexy in a very seductive and captivating way. LFN would be so absolutely perfect with this. I'm getting this smooth sweet and creamy tuberose framed with gauzy pink vanilla wisps of sweetness. I need a FB of this for sure!!

Humm. Many of these are so sheer on me, esp this one. I just wonder if it would cover 'none & cops, or even EST for that matter.

Everyone got me excited to try this one. I slathered which I shouldn't have done. Very true smooth creamy tuberose. Tuberose reminds me of the early nineties when I started trying out classic perfumes from the past century. So a neat scent memory but not what I want to smell like. I fought the urge to wash it off. After about an hour the tuberose backed off and the vanilla rose up to the top. I was really enjoying it! But then five minutes after that it started smelling of play doh. I kinda enjoy play doh so I'm going to keep it on. Probably not a bottle contender but I appreciate the wild ride it's taken me on!

Hmm. This is pretty after drydown, but it's not really "me". I'm thinking the only reason I've like other tuberose perfumes is because there were other notes in there, lol. It's kind of sickly sweet and weirdly sharp. Giving me a headache.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to sound like a broken record on here, this is the LAST time for at least a week that I'll prod y'all for info, k?

This is the most tempting of all the Fairy Cakes to me. I used to THINK I hated tuberose. I was dumb. I was into buying vintage scents for awhile and I tried Versace Blond, and Fracas,ect..dude I freaking LOVE TUBEROSE! And I don't think I have any LPs that contain it.

So, my finger is on the button, I'm ready to go for this, but I keep hearing that word "sheer" again..bah!

Why? Is this fleeting? No throw? It sounds so damn marvelous, but I really hope it sticks around on my skin awhile. Also hope I can catch whiffs of it on myself. I like my scents to have a bit of potency, and this talk of sheerness and no base notes has me a tad concerned. I hope you guys can reassure me, cause I REALLY want this!

I wouldn't say it's wholly sheer because I don't think tuberose can be that way, lol. It's just that it's not so weighty as it might be in something like Dance With Desire or Pherodise. I love it, I think it's the perfect balance of tuberose with sweet accents.

Ha, I was thinking the same thing...can Tuberose really just 'waft away'? Thanks, I'm gonna go for this one. I'll report back!

I have this one. On my skin it's sheer'ish. Not very strong. A soft pretty foodie vanilla with a tiny tea rose on top.

By contrast, if I wanted weight, the Magnolia is heavier on my skin. I love it.

Edited by StacyK

• 3 weeks later...

Mm mm mmm. I got this and its soooooo damn DREAMY! Truly creamy and decadent deeeelightful deliciousness. I'm amazed that Mara has made Tuberose edible, but she really has!

In wet stage, this is all cake on me and I barely smell the flower. So at first I was confused. But it's there alright, comes out after about ten minutes on my skin and its just beautiful. Not overpowering, light but very present and this one has very good staying power. I put it on at bedtime the other night and it puffed up through the covers all lovely, when I got up at 3am to feed the baby, it was still very much there, and in the morning, lightly, still hovering about my skin.

I can visualize the cake in the description: super dense, buttery yellow cake, iced in pale blue adorned with a single flawless tuberose..and the whole cake is dusted with sugar that glitters the way the sparkles in the bottle do(nice touch by the way).

Wish I would have went big on this one instead of small bottle. C'est la vie.

Stacy-"genteelly flipping off anyone that displeased me"...this is PRICELESS!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 6 months later...

Tuberose is becoming one of my very favorite scents ever. I never really knew anything about tuberose before LPMP. I'm so happy to have discovered it! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite go to scents and since I only have a tiny little sample of it, I wear it sparingly until I can buy a bottle. It's so beautiful and sensual to me. I think the cake part of this grounds the tuberose to make it a much more casual perfume yet somehow it's still fancy. I guess what I'm trying to say is this is definitely an everyday type of scent yet beautiful and fancy enough to wear on special occasions. I love it!

• 7 months later...

I've loved tuberose ever since I was a kid and my aunt had a tuberose soap in her bathroom that I'd huff like a maniac. This is the lush, heady floral run all its glory over that delicious vanilla cake slathered in frosting. Neither overpowers the other; it's as gourmand as it is floral, a floral gourmand that doesn't sacrifice one aspect for the other, like something you'd get for dessert at a fancy tropical resort where edible flowers are the norm.

• 1 year later...

I know Fracas is Tuberose based, and I know it's one of the very last commercial perfumes I've bought, and I know exactly where it lives in my bathroom cabinet, but I'm pretty sure I only still have it because it has a decadent vibe: I know it's over 15 years old, and I honestly haven't a clue what it smells like: But now that I've been enjoying this Tuberose Fairycake all day, I'll investigate it for sure. I'm pretty sure I don't have a Fracas life, not without the cake chaser.

Now, I've really been enjoying this LP Tuberose today. I didn't find it too sheer at all, it suited me really well. From rainy jungle to the lava rocks by the ocean, it kept a good pace all day. I was as rich and decadent as a cakecake that you'd want to eat in the shade, the perfect amount without being too rich or making you feel like a glutinous pig. It held up and morphed over about 13 hours. I now want to try more Fairycakes! Lucky me, I have some on the way, but more foodie ones. Gonna keep an eye out for more flower cupcakes for sure.

I know Fracas is Tuberose based, and I know it's one of the very last commercial perfumes I've bought, and I know exactly where it lives in my bathroom cabinet, but I'm pretty sure I only still have it because it has a decadent vibe: I know it's over 15 years old, and I honestly haven't a clue what it smells like: But now that I've been enjoying this Tuberose Fairycake all day, I'll investigate it for sure. I'm pretty sure I don't have a Fracas life, not without the cake chaser.

Now, I've really been enjoying this LP Tuberose today. I didn't find it too sheer at all, it suited me really well. From rainy jungle to the lava rocks by the ocean, it kept a good pace all day. I was as rich and decadent as a cakecake that you'd want to eat in the shade, the perfect amount without being too rich or making you feel like a glutinous pig. It held up and morphed over about 13 hours. I now want to try more Fairycakes! Lucky me, I have some on the way, but more foodie ones. Gonna keep an eye out for more flower cupcakes for sure.

If you are goung to check out the Fairy Cakes (you have 2 of my fav foodie ones coming, Oatmeal & Gingerbread. Honey is excellent too) on the floral side you have to try the Magnolia, Orchid & Honeysuckle.

If you are goung to check out the Fairy Cakes (you have 2 of my fav foodie ones coming, Oatmeal & Gingerbread. Honey is excellent too) on the floral side you have to try the Magnolia, Orchid & Honeysuckle.

Okay, I will! I have L'eau de Orchide, it's lovely. I know I need Sugared Honeycomb, I've gotten impression from reviews that the Honey Fairycake is much lighter in vibe. I didn't know I'd be a Fairycake lover, I think I may have given a bunch of sniffles to my daughter, but I will investigate her stash. Thanks Stacy!

I just put some on in the back of the car. First my man said "ummm, you smell good," then his friend said "yum, it smells like yogurt. I like it." Boys are funny.

Okay, I will! I have L'eau de Orchide, it's lovely. I know I need Sugared Honeycomb, I've gotten impression from reviews that the Honey Fairycake is much lighter in vibe. I didn't know I'd be a Fairycake lover, I think I may have given a bunch of sniffles to my daughter, but I will investigate her stash. Thanks Stacy!

I just put some on in the back of the car. First my man said "ummm, you smell good," then his friend said "yum, it smells like yogurt. I like it." Boys are funny.

It sounds like the friend really picked up on the vanilla aspect of it. Hee hee. Isn't psychology fun! ?

It sounds like the friend really picked up on the vanilla aspect of it. Hee hee. Isn't psychology fun!

Totally. I think he meant "you smell like something good to eat," but his brain turned it into non-sexy yogurt since he was talking to a real good friend's lady!