H20 OH OH! for Men - with Hedione!

AD-OccoAmbrosia2015.jpg

OCCO: AMBROSIA 2015 - with Copulins

Nine of these images are vintage public domain postcards. Aren't they fun?! :D

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! a new LP Solstice (Pineapple!!) & a Gotcha. :)

LOVE :heart: the vintage labels. Steamy Bikini is a must!!!! I love her!

Edited by StacyK

IKR that Solstice pineapple has me very excited. But they all do. Really nice job.

9 labels are PD? I can guess 8. 7 with certainty..

Is that who I think it is on "Kissed By The Sun"?

Edited by StacyK

ah ok, Thx Luna. I see it.

it's not always easy anymore. With these photo sites "adjusting" photos to look like they are from the 40's or 50's.

IKR MDC! Betty Page was great :)

Did you look closely at the "Kissed By The Sun Label" ? She look familiar?

Edited by StacyK

Hearts, There's a thread in the "Ask Mara" sub- forum about it.

Edited by StacyK

Doesn't it have a scent similar to jasmine?

As I understand it it's the molecule (or man made equal) that creates that type of scent that comes from Jasmine and a few other flowers & plants.

They look great!!

I adore the labels. I'll have to get an extra vial of Lobster People for my mother. She doesn't actually like perfume but she loves anything with a lobster motif!

LOL!

Here's the original...there's several of the Famous Lobster Waitresses of Atlantic City.

98e1c81bc597cf71aa97725130fbf22d.jpg

They had to waitress in these outfits???

6780cc57cf6007c0e257d055f0fe99d9.jpg

Mara is that MM on the Kissed By The Sun

Label?

How'd the heck could the work in those costumes?

Edited by StacyK

Mara is that MM on the Kissed By The Sun

Label?

Yes, there's only a few groups of images of her that are pub domain. Her likeness and rights of publicity are now pub domain as of 2 years ago, but the photographers still hold copyrights. The available ones are general studio shots that were not renewed, stills from certain movies - as the movies were renewed but not the stills, and pix taken by the federal government...the ones used for the war effort of her as a teen with airplane parts. Very interesting stuff.

Incredible labels! Eager to find out about Garden in the Rain, Parasol and Dragonfly first and foremost. I have never had the opportunity to try Ambrosia. I love anything pineapple. What sort of lover of puns would I be if I didn't try Summer Crush? Adore and admire Norma Jean/Marilyn! For the love of all that is naughty, is that Betty Page in her steamin' bikini?? What fun! This may become the first sample set I have had the pleasure to purchase.

Edited by Wanderlust

I promise, Summer Crush does not smell like seafood.

Yes, that's beautiful beautiful beautiful Bettie. :)

For the love of all that is naughty, is that Betty Page in her steamin' bikini??

Ooh I finally get to check out this Occo Ambrosia I keep reading about. Those vintage pics are fun, I u tubed Joan Crawfords 1st tv interview recently and was appreciating her old school mannerisms, she even has great hand holding game, lol, when she greeted the show host she held his hand so lovingly and lingering and did it again with another guest. In the brief 3 min interview at least 2 min were dedicated to Crawfords crafted handshake! Gotta love the classics.. that and lobsters.

Damned autocorrect! First, it turned Ms. B. into "Nettie"..then "Betty"... Grrrrr!

I have the greatest bit of Bettie ephemera which was tucked into a 'secret' compartment in granddad dressing table, along with some gorgeous Art Deco lighters and a lovely torch.

This piece is a cardboard "peel" girl. You slide a back a cardboard cover and Bettie slowly peels off her corset and loses her long line girdle. Bless her heart! Long live Bettie!

Thank you, Mara!! I am so excited! My cart is ready to go when you say when! :cat690: After seeing all the love and requests for OCCO Ambrosia...well I guess this will be my first bottle of OCCO!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!