Cotton Candy Clouds

Beccah

AD-CCClouds_1.jpg

Cotton Candy Clouds

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WATERMELON ~ Water magic, fertility.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

You got your NRs!

Yes, I am very blessed! USPS outdid itself and delivered fast, they weren't supposed to get here until Monday! Plus, LPMP worked fast fulfilling orders, as usual. I got my notice 2 or 3 days ago.

This is totally yummy!

The watermelon has a candied undertone to it, sort of like Candy Pop - but as a topnote it doesn't last that long on me, maybe about 15 minutes or so. But the caramel creme brulee is sooooo goooood, and it is a kind of hot sugar, so it fits the concept. The amber helps it to stick in the drydown, and it does wear close, but retains that sugary character. I could actually see layering this with other things to provide extra sweetness.

OMGGG. This is DREAMY. I took one whiff and thought SOLD OUT. I hope Mara made gallons and gallons of this one because it's going to to go fast.It instantly makes you just feel perfectly satisfied with everything in life! There is nothing sickly sweet about at all.

I get no watermelon at all really in fact I thought I got a light banana dusted with the hot sugar. I love it. It's a wear anywhere you want to make everyone happy scent.

First on I didn't recognize the top not - just that it was really bright and melon-y and LOUD! Now I see it's watermelon, lol, and it makes perfect sense. Not sure WHY I couldn't figure that one out on my own. It was too in my face and I thought "awe, I was hoping to really love this." Then, maybe not even 10 minutes? The melon settles out and O.M.G. This is GORGEOUS! It's a soft sugary ...?...cream? Yes. Cream. Cream-y? The melon - on me - kind of just about vanishes and this sweet sugary cloud of goodness is all that's left. I SO love this one! I may have to really slather next time because it's staying very close to me and is very light. The Fairy Floss FGC is light too, but this one seems even lighter than that so far...Luna may be onto something about the layering :)

Yes, I still love this one but I do wish it had a little more projection and staying power. I had to keep slathering all day yesterday to keep smelling it. Most of the time LPs get stronger as they age though. On the fence about a FB now. I may go through it in a week at this rate!

Yes. I'm the same. It's all pretty in pink, in a light summer way. If the sun were a big ball of pink sugar and it kissed you lightly. This is the scent it would leave behind.

But, it went poof! I shook and tried again, very soft, a little candy'ish. Not extremely sweet but light. Not sue if I should compare to Fairy floss or Sweet Surender. It's Pink as they are, but this is lighter. If you want a "Pink Kissed" scent this is it.

Wet, this was super sweet watermelon yumminess - I wanted to drink it!! But after about 15 mins, it became TOO sweet. Like the kind that makes me feel ill. SO I had to wash it off. But if you can handle the sweetness, it's pretty yummy!

YASSS this is so good. It smells like watermelon bubble gum at first, but then, this sticky sugary creme brûlée takes the spotlight and it smells so utterly delicious.

The watermelon I the beginning is also reminding me a little of watermelon lipsmacker. Does anyone remember those? I would slather that all over my lips all day when I was like 6 years old.

Anyway, this might be back up bottle worthy, but it's not lasting too long on my skin. I'm going to go through this stuff quick.

It smells like watermelon bubble gum at first, but then, this sticky sugary creme brûlée takes the spotlight and it smells so utterly delicious.

Yeah that's why I made the comparison with Candy Pop (the rebrew) because it's got a similar topnote to me.

I get no watermelon at all really in fact I thought I got a light banana dusted with the hot sugar. I love it. It's a wear anywhere you want to make everyone happy scent.

Lol, maybe if I try to convince myself that there is banana in this instead of watermelon, maybe it will work out better for me! :D

It starts out with a big blast of candied watermelon that reminds me of the gum that was everywhere when I was a kid. The creme brulee comes out about 20 minutes later, but is struggling to break free from the watermelon note. It's turning a bit weird smelling on me, kind of sour. :(

I would have never guessed watermelon when I first smelled this. It was a pink vanilla buttercream frosting, with a warm, deep richness from the amber. After it dried down a bit, a started to detect the watermelon, but like others said, it's of the candied variety, like a less tart Jolly Rancher. It's sweet, but on me, the creamy notes dominate. It actually smells like a candied watermelon version of Purple Puff. It wears very close to the skin. I do lose a bit of the pink and candy from it, but a small bit of the along with the cream and Amber last well into the day, and it's quite nice.

The fruity notes disappear pretty fast on me, and there seems to be a vanilla note goes through a plastic phase while drying down, but the amber base that's left is really, really nice. I'm considering a full bottle.

wet, it was watermelon starburst so sweet it hurt my teeth :D and then quickly the heavenly creme brulee came out. They kept taking turns for a little while peeking out and then it was all creme brulee. I had el threat of plasticko here and there too.

My nose is just registering this as "cotton candy." Smells really good & has good staying power for me. Not sure if the LPs effect my little babysitting buddy's behavior that much, but he was extra good for me today :)

Edited by Beccah

Upon application, this is a watermelon saltwater taffy. Then, the watermelon fades and skin musk shimmers through like heat off pavement. The sweetness remains as the creamy-dreaminess comes forward, along with that brown-eyed young thing I used to kiss behind the tilt-o-whirl during the fair when I wasn't even old enough to drive. Sugar, baby..

Edited by Wanderlust

On me this smells exactly like...wait for it...I need a moment here..........that cotton candy swirl Bubblicious from the 90s that they don't frickin make anymore (because everything I like must be promptly discontinued). Not Bubble Yum, specifically Bubblicious. It's so nostalgic I'm dying here. I always get skeptical about watermelon notes but my skin amps the cotton candy more, and the watermelon pushes it into the territory of smelling exactly like that gum. Maybe they used a watermelon flavoring. Who knows, it was blue and pink after all. The only downside is that my skin ate it but that could have been stress.

I love the concept, I even enjoy the scent wet on my skin, which guzzles it as if it were the last package of Bubblicious pink and blue gum on earth. It too, is now long gone. Well, katz, you can't love them ALL.

On me, this was watermelon on full blast at first, but like some other people here, it only lasted about 15 minutes. Now that I've read about the creme brulee aspect, I can make it out, but it smells kind of dusty on my skin. I think this is nice for those that like sugary scents, but not quite for me.

At the beginning, THIS ROCKS. It smells like Watermelon Jolly Rancher, which, in my world, is a good, good thing. As it's drying down, the brulee starts to let itself be known, but shortly after that point, the whole thing disappears. It happens so infrequently to me that my skin actually eats a scent, that the moment I realized THIS was a scent my skin was adamant about obliterating was the moment the inside of my head started shouting "NO!" in about a million different sounds, a la Darth Vader in Robot Chicken. Yeah. I'm gonna give it one more go, when it's ALL that I'm wearing. But I'm fairly certain I'm in for a blast of candy watermelon, and then... unscented crickets. While it lasts, it's freaking DELICIOUS.

• 3 weeks later...

As Phergineer says above, this is very watermelon to begin with but that takes a walk quite quickly and I'm left with the sweet, butter cream sugar with a vague hint of amber just flickering in the background. It's a very nice sweet skin scent.

• 3 months later...

This reminds me of those hubba bubba bubblegum after you unwrap it, its kinda novelty to me. After it melded with my skin i can sense the warmth of the amber and the faintest *faintest* vanilla like aura that sort of radiates from it and gives me the impression of warm cupcakes.

A bit later its a deep non foody cream, its definitely weird to me haha!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so this perfume does have watermelon in its notes. I'm joining the masses here by saying that the watermelon is very forward when first applied, but disappears fairly quickly. I don't mind at all, because I'm not a fan of that first stage. I adore the next stage. Spun sugar that just melts in the mouth. It has warmth, but is so close to the skin that I'm finding it Summer appropriate. It's unfortunate that Cotton Candy Clouds doesn't last too long on me during the day. What I do find, however, is that when I am unwinding at the end of the day, I notice the fragrance more. It's like when I am relaxed, I am more open to enjoying the sweet, creamy goodness. Very relaxing and comforting.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

It's a bright juicy watermelon candy at first, then gets sweet and a little powdery with a hint of that watermelon juiciness. This stage comes off as a little artificial on my skin. After that, it's a sweet, creamy pinkness on me, which I love. This is VERY sweet, so I use a little bit of this to sweeten up other scents (kind of like Pure Sugar). And I really like wearing this to bed - it's true to the name,  like falling asleep on pink clouds of cotton candy. 😊