Kissed by the Sun

Beccah

AD-KissedbytheSun_1.jpg

Kissed by the Sun

Envisioned by one of our long-time forum members, Tyvey, who originally requested this as a Private Edition - but we loved it so much we thought everyone should have a chance to wear it! An alluring sweet warmth is evoked by a thick juicy swirl of black currant into rich coconut cream and vanilla, sprinkled with fairy floss sugar and a whisper of luxurious ylang-ylang floating upon a soft base of African white patchouli.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibly, soothes marital problems.

Aphrodisiac, mood balancing, relaxation.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

• 2 weeks later...

Bright and fruity! One of my favorites, and Mr. Phergineer's, too. Not too sweet, either. I love the fact that the coconut does not turn to plastic on my skin! I don't amp the patchouli either, which I tend to do.

There's a scent here, that for me typifies the LP line scent. If I got a whiff of this on anyone, I'd say, oh "you wear Love Potion". As much as Agent XXX smelled like a freshly opened box from LP. . This smells like most of my LP packages in the summertime. I get the Ylang & patch. I get the fruit and that LP Vanilla!!! It's just all LP. On my skin it's a fruity variant of the signature line.

I bet this would be amazing boosted with cops.

I'm waiting on the long dry down to see where we go.

See this doesn't remind me of an LP variant at all, but...it's interesting. At first the ylang is front-and-center but eventually the black currant takes over in a big way. It's very tangy with a smooth undertone. It reminds me of something else but I'm not sure what...maybe Blood On Snow? Structurally it reminds me a bit of Cherub's Kiss except it's not sweet on me - and I wish it were!

Me neither Luna. Wet I get a blast of ylang which I adore. So I slathered. But as it dries the black currant overtakes everything. Can't smell the patch at all. The coconut adds a smoothness. I'd love it if it stayed wet but I'm not crazy about the drydown.

I tried this by itself, resisting comparing side by side with berry patch because of the aging difference. It is tarter than I recall berry patch being when it was new. Where berry patch felt equally yellow and purple, this tipped more purple when wet. As it dried down the tartness backed off and the coconut came singing out, and was sweeter than I remember berry patch's being. It felt very summery on me, which was a surprise!

I like this. Initially, it is a burst of berry and a sharp citrusy note (ylang?). In about 15 minutes, the coconut comes through on me--not coconut but a tangy creaminess. And then the patch is a strong final note. . essential so this isn't too young or girly on me. I really like it for daytime use. My only issue is that is has very little throw on me. I put on a ton of lotion today so maybe that is competing, but this one fades on me pretty fast, like within an hour I can only smell it if I put my arm up to my nose. It's really mysterious on me with all the tang and fruit opposed to the creaminess of the coconut. I'm glad I went FB even though I think this is one I might only wear on a weekend morning drinking coffee on the deck happily sniffing myself vs. being my bad ass honey/amber/pherobombing usual self.

See this doesn't remind me of an LP variant at all, but...it's interesting. At first the ylang is front-and-center but eventually the black currant takes over in a big way. It's very tangy with a smooth undertone. It reminds me of something else but I'm not sure what...maybe Blood On Snow? Structurally it reminds me a bit of Cherub's Kiss except it's not sweet on me - and I wish it were!

On me it's still like opening a box of summer orders from the mothership (LP). That's a nice thing :)

I get the comment on Cherubs Kiss. Same impression, it's not as sweet on me either. I don't get much sweetness at all.

I'm not in love but I like it. It still smells like any LP (minus amber) on my skin. Maybe it's a vanilla type or just the whole blend. I don't get much ylang, like others are mentioning. I do generally love they ylang. Wondering if age will temper that fruit.

The coconut, vanilla, & ylang have overwhelmed everything else in this perfume for me. Actually, it's the vanilla, it's very perfume-y & strives hard to overtake the coconut/ylang, but they're tenacious! I don't know if I like this one or not. It almost comes off as masculine, yet I keep sniffing my wrist because it's just an interesting scent. I think I would like this better on a man, to be honest.

Edited by Beccah

This is quite nice. Not sure that this is a ME scent, but still nice. It's very currant on me. And the patch and ylang ylang are definitely in the background lending some depth to the sweet currants. It rounds well..coming together with a smooth creaminess which translates to some sort of summery confection that I can not quite pinpoint. As I said, it's not really a scent for me, but I can see Kissed by the Sun having a following. Mara seemed to have manifested a sunny, beachy essence with this and given the ingredients, I found that somewhat amazing and surprising. I am not very proficient in the language of beach scents, but I recognize one when it is speaking to me. Perhaps it is the subtle coconut, but something summery and beachy comes through and lingers on me. I would say give it a try!

Black currant and coconut? Who would have thunk it? The currant adds a sweet dark edge to this and keeps it balanced. Sometimes patch can run amok on me, and really the reason I didn't look at this as Tyvey's PE, but it's truly the grounding note in this. It's very nice. It's bright and fruity without being beachy and got two this up from both of us here at the cave!

As a rule I think just about anything goes with coconut. Wet it's all sparkling blackcurrant and ylang ylang, a summery fruity floral and then the creamy coconut and vanilla come in and give it a more tropical feel. As it dries down the blackcurrant shows a bit of its dark side, and I can sense just a hint of shadowy patchouli underneath it all. This keeps getting better on the drydown and I think it's going to get even better with age.

My daughter and I were sitting on our steps at night with our feet in the rain (It's been so dry here in Vancouver). She's still just a teenager but way beyond her years in many ways. Suddenly, out of the blue, she talked to me about what her life might be like when she's an adult, and how she would like it if I got to hold her baby. And then she made the most incredible remarks about imprinting, about scent memories, and about how cool it would be if I always wore the same LP when I held her baby, so the baby would remember me if I ever had to leave. Well my goodness, I got all choked up. There's another part to this, because only a few days back I made a comment somewhere here that I would wear this scent when holding a baby, it was a sudden and strong visual.

My daughter does cruise these threads but hasn't been online since I wrote that so we had some strong synchronicity about that. I brought the sample of this to her on the steps and she agreed that it was lovely and unisex enough for a baby of either gender. I will trust my feelings on this and stash a FB away, for years, who knows, for such an occasion. Whew, ok Momma needs to get offline and dry a few tears.

Oh, you're gonna think I'm crazy. I get grapefruit..which is great, but this is all grapefruit for the first five minutes. WTH? I didn't see grapefruit on the guest list, but wow, what a bright and sunny guest! A few moments later the black currant enters, all syrupy yummy. Ylang-ylang just made an appearance as well. Thus far, the party is a small but vibrant gathering. Oh, now other guests are arriving.

I think (at about 15 minutes) there is a golden warmth beginning to come through, perhaps the vanilla. At 20 minutes, the coconut has arrived, quietly. She's a bit shy, letting the brighter fruits shine while she glides through the room like silk on a breeze. She joins vanilla on the fringes. The grapefruit exits the gathering after about 30 minutes, turning this from a beach party to a much more intimate gathering ~ dinner with glittering champagne cocktails on a smallish yacht.

Patch must have declined this party invitation. That's fine, since Patch sometimes overdoes it, requiring the bouncer's services. No worries. The party continues, beautifully bubbly and bright.

I think I have found my holiday perfume. I tried this last night and not only did my SO like the smell I adored it. It really is summer in a bottle. It's sweet and creamy...and...well...just pure unadulterated lusciousness. This is a definite FB for me.

Just put in my order for a FB of this one, hopefully in time, so it can come on vacation with me. I'm not leaving until the end of August so it should be here (UK) by then. Can't wait, I'll smell all sunny for my holiday.

• 2 months later...

Kissed by the Sun is fabulousness in a bottle!! I knew I was going to like it because I love Tyvey's PE!! July 2015 is one the best months of potions-hands down!! Upon application the currant is very prominent..when it begins to dry down, the ylang begins to emerge and the two wallow around a creamy coconut with the patchouli staying demure. After I have been wearing it for hours I still get a sexy tropical scent (I love ylang with coconut)...I'm also a huge fan of Lady Victoria's PE with ylang and coconut cream...to me this is Sweet Little Pussycat with a wild streak of black currant. The difference is that SLP seems much creamier than KBTS. I don't think this could handle the heavy copulin pheros like SLP, although Mara is the expert in that dept.

I snagged 4 bottles and boosted them with different pheros. I've been looking for a potion/perfume that I could boost with Mega Watt and this was perfect!!! it's bright and energizing and sexy all at the same time!!! Can't wait for those cold winter months when I am needing something to get me going...a few sprays of this and I am at the beach with a fruity drink and tropical flowers...and a shot of get up and go with my Mega Watt!! :)

I also had one boosted with Gotcha for a more sexy vibe... :)

Edited by TheBirkeys

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have had a FB for awhile and just wore it for real yesterday. The sample had me sold due to one note -- and I now know that was the ylang ylang. Something I had never smelled before and found incredible. I now recognize the note due to smelling it in Sensual Harmony. I like the fragrance. It is bright and sunny, but somehow not just "summery" smelling to me which I would expect based on its label. It's creamy white with a fruity top note. I wouldn't expect black currant to smell this light and bright. It's almost bright like grapefruit, like scented Cougar Potion which is yummy but I have only worn once, so I may be mistaken in the similarity. My husband proclaimed that it "smelled good, not like perfume". :wacko: My son said it smelled like chocolate. :huh: They both smelled the late drydown. I like this one. The fruit note that is always there does not smell like "me", but that won't stop me from wearing it when I want vanilla or when I want fruity. This one actually lasted on me all day. Maybe it's because I never got used to the black currant note. :)

• 2 months later...

I too have had this for ages and not worn it until today. I haven't skin tested it, I put it straight on my cotton cardigan where it has happily lasted all day.

It's very curranty. The ylang is subdued and the patchouli provides a smooth base. Coconut must just add the rounded smell. It is actually quite hard to describe. It's fruity but perfumey too. A very happy scent for a grey rainy day.

• 3 months later...

This is very ylang and coconuts on me. Bright, juicy sunshine initially that mellows down to ylang and coconuts with a base of patchouli. The patch keeps it from being too creamy and gives it a good complex boost, making it feel more "perfume-y" to me. Great scent for summer.

Edited by Midnight Requiem

• 1 month later...

So happy that I'm finally getting around to reviewing this scent, it literally smells like warm sunshine and juicy fruit to me and my hubby. It makes me feel happy like a warm sunset and we just love it!

Edited by Billi.Jo94