Private Editions for July 2015

GORGEOUS labels!!! I might need Aphrodite' s Belt and Mama Lion. I confess Mama Lion is my favorite label. Hope we can get the notes on these before they sell out! Blackcat, Six of Cups sounds so gently loving, I can feel the heart healing energy in it. Love the labels for LadyV' s White and Black Cobras, which are being claimed fast as lightning. All beautiful really.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got one of the Cherry PE's from past so I gotta make up for that w a Cherry Rum Yum. Black Cobra sounds like a given but I don't know if there will be any left, maybe a White Cobra I'll wait for notes posted. Blackcat you read the description of those?? I got homework to do need to hunt that info down. Oh and BC your foot!? It's broken?! Nooo say ot isn't so :(, sorry to hear about that and wishing you fast and full recovery. Wendy's Pomme Fraiche, sounds like a smooth apple scent, hmmm decisions, decisions..

For now please reserve me a Cherry Rum Yum

Hey Cherise! I went back and reread LadyV's Possible Parfums thread in her journal where she originally talked about coming up with the Cobra concepts...

And yes, I somehow managed to fall off my back porch (basically standing still!) with the dog the other night, and broke a bone in my foot! It's a pain in the ass because it really restricts mobility for the next while, but a very straightforward prognosis and should heal just fine. I am very lucky it wasn't the ankle.

ETA: Rose, I'm very encouraged by your reading on the 6 of Cups energy, it is exactly what I'm hoping for! And I too am kind of losing my mind waiting for notes on Aphrodite's Belt... such an intriguing name!

Edited by Blackcat

Sorry about your foot BC. :( Ouch.. feel better.

I really like the sound of the 6 Of Cups.

Oh what a relief BC it's not a major injury so you'll heal fast I'm sure and thanks for leading me to the Cobra descriptions, unfortuantely it reads all greek to me. I'm usually clueless figuring out how notes blend on paper I almost always need to sample first. But it helps when people add input or confirm certain notes for example in the Black Cobra description Tyvey adds: "anise leather coriander vanilla sounds fantastic!" even though those scents are vague instinctively it resonates so it can seal the deal. But I ain't gonna lie sometimes I do a pendulum read on scents I'm on the fence with or have to narrow down from overwhelm and I did a quick read on all these PE's. So many high reads I picked up, but another one that caught my attention after the read in addition to the Cobras was Aphrodites Belt and like you I'm pretty curious about the notes, can't wait!

Oh and I read about that Cherry Pancake is in the works from Lady V I wish that was this month!

Edited by Cherise

Yeah at first glance Aphrodite's belt read like a chastity belt so I was like meh, but the pend came up strong for it and I googled it and Aphrodite's belt made men irresistable to her when wearing it. But then anything w the name Aphrodite in it has got to be good right!?

Sounds like LV''s vag. :lol:

She's the opposite of chastity. Aphrodite is the goddess of beauty, love, and sexuality. Unlike virginal goddesses like Athena she has love affairs with gods and mortals.

Edited by StacyK

Sounds like LV''s vag. :lol:

She's the opposite of chastity. Aphrodite is the goddess of beauty, love, and sexuality. Unlike virginal goddesses like Athena she has love affairs with gods and mortals.

LOL

I thought her belt was more like a sexual device made of pearls.

This sums it up

"Aphrodite's husband Hephaestus used all his skills to make her an exquisite girdle of finely wrought gold, and he wove magic in the filigree work. When Aphrodite wore her magic girdle, it caused mortals and gods to fall hopelessly in love with her; no one could resist her. The girdle perhaps represents Aphrodite's innate qualities of unbounded feminine sexuality. Women who make or wear a girdle dedicated to Aphrodite actively re-invoke their own feminine sexuality and their link to the divine feminine."

It's funny she's not AS venerated as the other "virgin" goddesses. She was too intimidating IMO.

She was a mother, wife, seductress, had affairs with both gods & mortals. Did what she pleased.

If she was a man she'd be up there with Zeus.

A triple threat!

Edited by StacyK

Most men rather venerate virgins they are less intimidating.

Ok pls add one Aphrodite's LP if any are left.

Except for when Hephaestus set up her and I think it was Adonis, to be hooking up. He waited until they were in bed and dropped a net over them to expose them to everyone to mock them, but it backfired on him and men were heard t o have told him, "Only a fool would turn Aphrodite from his bed!" Hephaestis was a tragic figure, but his pairing with Aphrodite was an epic mistake. I highly recommend the book, "Goddesses In Every Woman," by Jean Shinoda-Bolen. Also the counterpart, "God's In Every Man." Excellent guides to archetypes and how we manifest their essences, qualities and problems. ETA fixes to autocorrect' s typos!

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

And merely for your edification, this is King Kobra.

LOL You're welcome.

king-kobra.jpg

THANK YOU!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Good one!!!

And may I reserve a bottle of Lorien's Sugared Darkness, please? :heart:

I about spit my coffee when I saw King Cobra, then squeeed loudly when I saw the new Sugared Darkness! Thank you for making it again!!! :w00t:

ETA: Gods. What the hell were we doing to our hair in those days? I had the blonde curly poof style (and the soulful pout). Heh. B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I am convinced that this decade is responsible for the hole in the ozone. How much Final Net hair spray did we all use? Remember dreading rain because your hair would turn into a glob of goo? The big perms..The big everything. Ugh!

Edited by Wanderlust

I didn't have big hair in the 80s. I did have a sort of mullet though, for about a year in college. Layered on the sides, long in the back. My mother was horrified that I had a "boy's haircut."

I went from BIG hair to Annie Lennox in one hour's time. Drove to Notre Dame to see the hubby and he promptly shut the door in my face. Being a then theatre/Sociology major, I was unphased by such high drama.

Edited by Wanderlust