Private Editions for July 2015

I never had big hair, I was a kid in the 80s. But I did have some biiiig shoulder pads! They looked so ridiculous on me. I was a scrawny little toothpick of a kid with linebacker shoulders in my school pictures.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Christine's Sweet and Spicy is (1) by Christine of Christine's Tropical Musk et al. and/or (2) based on the Good Earth "sweet and spicy" tea that one of you forumites (I think Bella? Sorry to whoever sent for my forgetting) kindly sent me a freebie of and got me hooked on ... if so, GODDAMMIT

Edited by tyvey

Tyvey, I am so excited about the Sweet and Spicy. I'd love it if it was carnation-based. In all truth, I'm just excited in general.

Is it is you who have mentioned pepper as a new love note? Maybe the spicy comes in pepper form.

Edited by Wanderlust

I wonder if Christine's Sweet and Spicy is (1) by Christine of Christine's Tropical Musk et al. and/or (2) based on the Good Earth "sweet and spicy" tea that one of you forumites (I think Bella? Sorry to whoever sent for my forgetting) kindly sent me a freebie of and got me hooked on ... if so, GODDAMMIT

Mmmm.. yes, I love that stuff!!! I'm curious now too :)

I don't remember King Cobra but I remember White Snake from the 80s and last night..

You are my idol. Just under 4 weeks out and you are still dancing the White Snake Boogie. Just be careful not to poke Lukeys head too much. Might leave a bald spot.

If I click on follow this topic, do I get an email when the board is updated? I feel like a stalker waiting for the notes and I need to get ready for work, but I honestly can't stop hovering waiting to see when she'll post the notes. My addiction is all consuming these days.

If I click on follow this topic, do I get an email when the board is updated?

That's the way it's supposed to work, I believe.

That's the way it's supposed to work, I believe.

I've tried, looked into my profile settings too, but even though it looks like I have everything set up right, I've never gotten a notification email from any threads I follow.

I am convinced that this decade is responsible for the hole in the ozone. How much Final Net hair spray did we all use? Remember dreading rain because your hair would turn into a glob of goo? The big perms..The big everything. Ugh!

OMG I'd forgotten how my hair would glob!!! And when I'd scrunch it up again, my *hands* would be all globbed! :w00t:

I don't remember King Cobra but I remember White Snake from the 80s and last night..

Smartass puppy. :kiss43:

I didn't have big hair in the 80s. I did have a sort of mullet though, for about a year in college. Layered on the sides, long in the back. My mother was horrified that I had a "boy's haircut."

I had one, too, luna!!! Hee! I kept my permed poufed long hair, and had a crew cut on top! It was really comfortable. :)

I went from BIG hair to Annie Lennox in one hour's time. Drove to Note Dame to see the hubby and he promptly shut the door in my face. Being a then theatre/Sociology major, I was unphased by such high drama.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I never had big hair, I was a kid in the 80s. But I did have some biiiig shoulder pads! They looked so ridiculous on me. I was a scrawny little toothpick of a kid with linebacker shoulders in my school pictures.

Ahhhh, the shoulder pads. We wore some weird sh*t. I recently resurrected an old top from the back of my closet and had to cut the damn shoulder pads out of it!

Sorry for the wait. We are almost done bottling. Will have numbers for you in a few hours, and descripts too. :)

WOOT! :heart:

~Did you ever get any SLEEP?!!?

TMI:

I was 11. Damn. Ruined ballet for me. Married and had kids..Can we just say could have fed a litter? Now I'm 52 and there is a lot..A LOT of gravity around here.. Seriously, I either be an air pump or a shrinky dink machine.

Edited by Wanderlust

I was a very late bloomer. Had what I called "boobettes" ( looking back, they were fine, a B cup) until I blossomed in my mid 20s, then during my 40s, well.. let's just say it costs me about 5 to 10 dollars MORE for a bra. Have learned to accept myself at all ages. I now define true beauty as being "healthy and alive." :) We are way too harsh on ourselves. But I'll tell you this, I could NEVER wear those shoulder pads! I am only about 5 feet 2" with the tiniest shoulders. They looked absurd on me. Never had the big 80s hair either, but did have a curly perm.

I was 11.

I was 10. Not that I was ever big but it's a drag to be the only girl wearing a bra in elementary school.

My boobs jumped from an A to a B when I was 16. Totally hormonal because I was very slender, then. Much later...after my first kid, they stayed a B/C, after I lost the baby weight. Which really sucks because nothing fits right and custom bras are very expensive, let alone find someone in the U.S. that does that.

I've been a C since my second. Idk. Sometimes I want big others I want small. I think it's like curly v straight hair we want what we don't have. I can't do without a bra tho and that's not always convenient.

It's tough on a sister in LA tho. All the hard silicone C/D (um yea they look real) :lol:

But I've found far more diversity in the rest of the country. :)

Edited by StacyK

Lucky! I was much more consumed with wanting bigger boobs than wanting bigger shoulders.

Same. I'm an athletic body type and the width of my upper back and shoulders make me go up a size in jackets and dresses pretty often. Meanwhile, turn me around and I'm an ironing board (okay maybe not a complete ironing board but nowhere near "well endowed"). Even worse, my ribs stick out underneath my boobs so to the untrained eye I may appear to have kept my baby fat from the third grade permanently stored there. Of course there IS no fat in that area; it's all bone, but it's still embarrassing. I mean, I got my period at 11. Where are the melons that were supposed to come with it? :lol:

ETA: I noticed in the past year they grew. Maybe it has something to do with my thyroid medication being switched. They didn't grow much, but they still grew. Like from a B to a B and a half. Weird.

Edited by Invidiana

ok, they're up. I am going to count the reservations now, and I want to hear from everyone if they still want what they mentioned earlier now that they've seen the notes. I'll put your name up as a temp, in order, but will change the color once it is confirmed by you. Thanks! :)

If available, I'll take a Milfy and another of my Mama Lion please! In addition to the others I reserved above:) (Summer Shine and White Cobra)

Edited by hearts

I hate to repeat, but I also think editing an earlier post might be more confusing :Emoticons00810:

Jennifer's Summer Shine

Lina's Cherry Rum Yum

(Cheeseburgers) Sweet Nova... these 3 are from yesterday.

I'd also like a bottle of

Lina's Mama Lion (you can delete the post 2 up from here if you want) Thanks Mara!

Edited by LoveStruck

OK Mara, am releasing my hold on Aphrodite. Leather is a distaster on me. May I please reserve a Six of Cups instead please?

Just an FYI about the leather for everyone, there is LESS than a drop in there. I dipped a pipette into the leather, and then dipped it into the brew, just so that it would be extremely light.