Amanda's Raspberry 'Roon

Memorare

AD-Amanda-RaspRoon.jpg

Amanda's Raspberry 'Roon

Mmmm...raspberry and a drop of rose over creamy coconut and sweet vanilla buttercream.

This is my very first PE and I have to say, it's absolutely perfect! Exactly what I was hoping it would be! I couldn't resist opening it right away so I will come back and update later if my impression changes significantly post-travel shock, but I am finding it absolutely gorgeous. There is a fantastic hit of fruity raspberry first thing that mellows out after a bit and the rest of the notes come shining through. Rose and coconut are definitely supporting players, I mostly get a sweet raspberry buttercream that makes me want to purr! The rose is just a hint and keeps it from being "OMG foody!!" (not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not usually my preference.) And the tartness of the raspberry keeps it from veering into that shrill level of sweetness that can trigger my migraines, just as I hoped. It reminds me of the raspberry note in Determination Potion, which I love. It is a very mood lifting potion for me (and not just because of my post office travails trying to get it into my grubby paws, haha!) Something about it just makes me smile every time I get a whiff.

My evil master plan for Rasperry 'Roon is to wear it paired with a "half lollipop" of Beth's Blushing Milkmaid and I know it is going to be freaking perfect! Thank you so much Mara! :abfx:

I am so glad I grabbed a bottle of this! I thought it would be foodie, and I worried that the raspberry would also go into migraine territory for me, but I took a chance and very excited to report that this is very elegant! It's like those edible roses on top of pretty cakes that you can technically eat but don't want to destroy how beautiful they look. I think the rose helps make the raspberry into this beautiful sophisticated lady with a tinge of foodie. It's gorgeous!

The first thing I thought when I saw the description of this was holy crap those raspberry macarons from Laduree so I knew I had to get it. The rose (I'm taking that it's a red rose) blends in so well, just so well with the tangy and juicy red raspberry that it doesn't announce itself as rose at all, just adds a little something extra. Or maybe I just amp the raspberry. I don't know. As it dries down I get whiffs of coconut and vanilla which I think are only going to get more prominent as it ages. It really smells just like those macarons with a side of coconut-infused vanilla cream.