Study on Androstadienone

This study is pretty amazing. It backs up everything I have known to be true about A1 for years. Especially important is the confirmation that it has a negative impact on mood for men. So many of my guy friends have known this for years due to testing but it hasn't been scientifically proven until now.

attachment.php_zpsl7kslygd.jpeg

I experienced its effect on men with Perfect Match.....I tried it just enough times to realize that it MUST be the culprit. PM took my man from a perfectly good mood to almost melancholy. And just like how mean he can get with high doses of untempered Est, it was so totally out of character for him.....

Edited by Dolly

The guys at PT have been reporting this effect for years. One of my good friends from there started his own company and doesn't even put it in his newer formulas because it messes him up so badly. The thing that cracks me up and that I don't agree with is that they think it affects alpha men. So if this makes you depressed you're a big tough alpha male. I disagree because I have used the shit out of this molecule around BF. Hell I even dosed his pillow with it every night for a week to test the theory. He is fine around it. No crushing depression or pathos. He is the most alpha guy I know. They just all want to be alpha and not everybody can be. And I know I have asked you about your BF before and you said he's not particularly alpha. Theory blown.

My guy is alpha, too, and he doesn't get depressed around this in blends, so yeah...in agreement with y'all! It mellows him, but still nothing that I would call depressed. (And my guy has depression, so I know his signs.) But this was really interesting!

In my experience with using it around Quince he doesn't seem to suffer any negative affects, but it's not consistent use so that is probably a factor in itself. I would characterize him as a "situational Alpha" rather than fully so.

That's a good descriptor Luna. "Situational alpha". I think BF would fall into that category too, if I had to categorize him.

He doesn't seem particularly affected by this molecule, either. It mellows his mood, certainly. But it doesn't seem to put him into a funk of any sort, even though I do tend to use it quite a lot myself.

This is interesting. Since Dolly mentioned her guy's also Est sensitive, I wonder if there's a correlation between the men who are Est sensitive and those who are A1 sensitive.

Any thoughts?

The guys at PT have been reporting this effect for years. One of my good friends from there started his own company and doesn't even put it in his newer formulas because it messes him up so badly. The thing that cracks me up and that I don't agree with is that they think it affects alpha men. So if this makes you depressed you're a big tough alpha male. I disagree because I have used the shit out of this molecule around BF. Hell I even dosed his pillow with it every night for a week to test the theory. He is fine around it. No crushing depression or pathos. He is the most alpha guy I know. They just all want to be alpha and not everybody can be. And I know I have asked you about your BF before and you said he's not particularly alpha. Theory blown.

:lol: Well that's what they want to tell themselves.

That's why it's hard to get honest feed back on anything sex related.

I've never been exposed to A1 as a single molecule, that I know of.

I think only in MLH & PM. But I probably don't wear them frequently enough to effect anyone. My results have always been good with both in regard to men. Well PM only in fragrances the Un has not been anything special.

Is there any info on the studies of how they tested? couldn't really see above pic, sorry if it's in the link I haven't really had time to more than glance at it. I just wonder do men typically wear it as a SM or in Alfa blends?

It's definitely good info to have. Use responsibility.

Edited by StacyK

I have not had any negative/depressive effects from A-1. That would absolutely suck. It really negatively effects a lot of those guys on PT. At first I thought they just wanted attention (drama), but too many have reported it. I even have some A-1 oil from SteveO at XS. No troubles. shrug

My partner is likely the least alpha man I have been with. It can be nice in certain situations, but at times, I would love to see him in a bit more of an alpha role. My ex was aggressively alpha to the extreme! He scared people and I think after 15 years with him, I wanted CHANGE. I think at times, "if only we could reach that happy m medium." ;)

My partner is likely the least alpha man I have been with. It can be nice in certain situations, but at times, I would love to see him in a bit more of an alpha role. My ex was aggressively alpha to the extreme! He scared people and I think after 15 years with him, I wanted CHANGE. I think at times, "if only we could reach that happy m medium." ;)

I feel this SO MUCH!

Yup, I'm in a very similar situation.

OT for a sec. I'm forced to think of George Carlin' s commentary on Alfa and other personality types.

"I saw one of those guys with a T shirt that said 'Lead, follow or get out of the way.' I said, I obstruct!"

-GC

So there is an effect of A1 that is not listed on this study. Mara and I were talking about this study and she told me that the frustration/ rage feeling that women who are turned on by A1 and then denied sex after exposure get was not included. This just happened to me! About a week and a half ago I was in the worst mood of my life. I put in a ton of B2 on in an attempt to salvage my day. Then when BF got home I attempted to get sex from him to see if that could make my day better. He was too tired and there was another hormonal reason he wasn't into it. I got seriously ragey. Normally I'd just shrug it off but I was texting Victoria to plot revenge. Like I was furious to an extreme. Katz and I were messaging and I couldn't even explain to her why I was so mad. It was intense and unusual. She was sending me weird and funny stickers. Didn't help. It honestly confused me. I mean it doesn't happen often that he turns me down but it has happened before and I was fine. So when Mara told me about this theory it all made sense. I feel better knowing there was a reason. I felt unhinged that day and that is not normal for me at all.

So there is an effect of A1 that is not listed on this study. Mara and I were talking about this study and she told me that the frustration/ rage feeling that women who are turned on by A1 and then denied sex after exposure get was not included. This just happened to me! About a week and a half ago I was in the worst mood of my life. I put in a ton of B2 on in an attempt to salvage my day. Then when BF got home I attempted to get sex from him to see if that could make my day better. He was too tired and there was another hormonal reason he wasn't into it. I got seriously ragey. Normally I'd just shrug it off but I was texting Victoria to plot revenge. Like I was furious to an extreme. Katz and I were messaging and I couldn't even explain to her why I was so mad. It was intense and unusual. She was sending me weird and funny stickers. Didn't help. It honestly confused me. I mean it doesn't happen often that he turns me down but it has happened before and I was fine. So when Mara told me about this theory it all made sense. I feel better knowing there was a reason. I felt unhinged that day and that is not normal for me at all.

That's interesting. I don't know if I'm turned on by A1. I don't know men who wear pheromone products. I have given OW enhanced scents as gifts. I have been exposed to Lucero on a BF. I forget what blend is in that. I did like it alot.Not sure if it was the scent or pheros. I like PM and Girl Nip on a man but it's more cuddly than a turn on. Is A1 pretty standard in the men's sexed up blends?

Here is the article that the table is based on.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25132813

and here is the pic of effects on the brains:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4116783/figure/F1/

(This looks like it may post inside the box - for the response to your post ...)

Thanks for the links! Great info that make my inner nerd giddy!!

This does make me wonder something. For those who aren't depressed from it, could it be mildly sedative? ie, I knew someone (male) who was much nicer and less anxious when I wore it.

• 10 months later...

This is such good info. I've tried to wear PM around the hubby and the BF, sadly I didn't look to see that it contained A1.

With hubby, not particularly alpha or depressive, it lead to some great make out sessions and spontaneous slow dancing in the kitchen. With 20+ years together it's been very pleasant experiences.

With the BF, who is very manic and depressive, also alpha, I now recall him being dismissive even though we spend limited time together. On one occasion I got kissy and he pushed me away like I was crazy. Which pissed me off. Thinking back, I don't recall ever getting a positive reaction from him wearing this. Just a whole lot of frustration on my end, pouty, weepy and angry. It's been a few years with him and I was feeling a bit like the dew is off the Rose, I wanted to revisit some of those earlier feelings and fun times when we first started seeing each other.

I only recently noticed that PM has A1.

I only wear LFM, LFN and PM (now) around the hubby, who responds well to them.

I've seen this effect firsthand! There have been times when I've worn Perfect Match or other high A1 products around various GF's or my bride and then gotten called away before playtime could commence. Wow. Every time that would happen, it was insane how angry they'd get until I was able to come back and we could finish what we started.

Thankfully, I'm one of those guys who can practically bathe in A1 without issue. On PT there are a lot of guys who seem to be affected by even the tiniest of amounts of the stuff.

Edited by Snoopyace

This is probably in the threads but I just got insanely jealous that Cycle Kitten gets a hubby and a boyfriend BF. Is that option available in this months NRs?

Haha

;) I wish I could say it was all sex and flowers

• 1 year later...

So....I am trying to bump this because I have read all the previous posts that have been written about androstadienone on here. In the older ones where Ail was commenting, at the time, only SS4M contained it.

I know we now have PM, LFM and LFN that have it in the blends. Since PM and LFN have been ones I have really grown to like here lately, I was wondering if any of you had noticed the depressive affects on men when using them? Or do you think the blends have enough other components that it mostly wards that off?

Just wondering, as the LAST thing I want to do with my TG is create a sense of depression that he associates with ME. So far, he has reacted well to both blends, as far as I can tell, but I also know that repetitive exposure could increase the potential for this to happen.

Thoughts? Experiences? TIA!

In my own personal opinion, which may not be worth much, I think it may be only repeated cumulative day time use for men that could be a problem.

Because, men produce this naturally when they are sleeping or drowsy. So, I think it may act like a signal for them to be in that state, and if they wear it during the day too often, perhaps they get a feeling that they can't shake the drowsy relaxed vibe? And perhaps some people interpret that as "depression". ??? That's what seems logical to me.

In my own personal opinion, which may not be worth much, I think it may be only repeated cumulative day time use for men that could be a problem.

Because, men produce this naturally when they are sleeping or drowsy. So, I think it may act like a signal for them to be in that state, and if they wear it during the day too often, perhaps they get a feeling that they can't shake the drowsy relaxed vibe? And perhaps some people interpret that as "depression". ??? That's what seems logical to me.

Thanks. He hasn't seemed to react negatively to it, but I have been wearing one of the two (PM or LFN) just about every time I see him (which is 2-3 times a week). I have tried TH around him and seemed to get NADA. He has come across extra friendly with H&S and possibly once with Lumina when I first started playing with the pheros, so I think he must be a good EST responder... I know he likes to "take care" of me from previous experiences. I am just trying to seek out what he responds BEST to, and right now, that appears to be LFN, but I didn't want to overdo it, either. Even though I see him 2-3 times a week, my extended time with him is limited and sometimes downright rare that we get to spend any actual time in conversation here lately. I don't want to mess up what little time I do get. And I NEVER want to make him feel depressed.

Men who have reported A-1 depression also have reported lower levels of testosterone. And those who were not seeing negative effects of A1 use but then used it regularly over time unfortunately then started to show effects. A1 should only be used in moderation.

So heres my part to this that I dont believe has been discussed before, it can be shared elsewhere as I know many are wondering what to do about it:

The study of mice with low testosterone pointed me to another possibility of the cause, that testosterone levels may actually be directly affecting serotonin levels. Low testosterone could potentially put men at risk for depression if low testosterone lowers serotonin levels. A1 may also instead be lowering serotonin without affecting testosterone by elevating hormones such as cortisol, the "stress hormone," and reducing serotonin and other neurotransmitters in the brain, including dopamine, which has been linked to depression. Temporary improvements to A1 with exercise and diet changes can also be linked to serotonin boost.

A team from MedUni Vienna believes it has demonstrated that testosterone increases the number of proteins that transport serotonin into the brain.

http://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/testosterone-supplementation-may-increase-serotonin-levels-in-the-brain

My opinion as to 'cures' would include 5-HTP or L-Tryptophan. L-Tryptophan is converted into the 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) and then increasing the level of serotonin in the brain.

When considering L-Tryptophan vs 5-HTP, 5-HTP is more effective, but over time your body may start to build a tolerance to the effects after awhile as your levels get back up. This is not yet in any research I can find, but I believe will occur theoretically after long use of 5-HTP. L-Tryptophan is slightly lower in effect, but may be considered more safer and healthier for long term use after you get levels up short term with 5-HTP. L-Tryptophan supplements have less chance of interacting with meds then the use of 5-HTP. 5-HTP for when you are depressive or show negative effects, and occasional L-Tryptophan for when you are not if you use A1 regularly and will convert as needed. Vitamin B6/P5P (active form) in small amounts and Magnesium (Glycinate form preferred) are needed for conversion if not in diet.

The latest research shows that our gut microbes produce the majority of the serotonin and other neurotransmitters in our body. Things like antibiotics and poor diet/high sugar destroy the gut microbes so a good multi strain probiotic such as: https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Strain-PROBIOTIC-InnovixLabs-Broad-Spectrum/dp/B00X4U2NDK/ would be something also that would potentially boost serotonin production as well as being shown to have a variety of health benefits. This can be taken daily long term.

Triple Strength Fish Oil + Vitamin D3 (and Magnesium Glycinate recommended if low Mag intake as its needed for the vitamin D conversion), Sam-E (also effects Dopamine) with folic acid and B12, l-Tyrosine (if related to Dopamine which is also linked to testosterone and depression), L-Theanine (dopamine and some serotonin), Cucurmin are all possible ways to also adjust these levels.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150225094109.htm

https://bebrainfit.com/serotonin-supplements/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4586582/ (Magnesium Glycinate form)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077351/

DHEA is also a precursor to Testosterone and has been shown to help depression in the 50-100 range. (Not 7-Keto DHEA), and in the product Cohesion lowers some of the negative effect of A1, so taking it may work to remove the negative effects to men without affecting the positive effects to women such as the fallout effect. DHEA blood tests are available and can be used when low. I would try the other parts first as its ultimately the effect on serotonin (and possibly dopamine) I believe is the issue.

-Super Dave

Edited by datadragon

It is my understanding that natural A-1 production is higher in men with higher testosterone levels. So perhaps it's an OD effect in men who already produce a lot of it and then are exposed to more?

I think everyone should remember that the pheros sold on the market are hundreds if not thousands of times stronger than what we produce naturally. So once again, this is a good reminder to wear them sparingly and mind what I ALWAYS say, which is MORE does NOT mean BETTER when it comes to phero use.

I believe that the real underlying problem is that a male with a low level of Serotonin (or possibly Dopamine also) when exposed to A1 causes a temporary same day - 2 days of lethargy and depression symptom. This goes away once levels balance back, its not causing permanent depression symptoms without exposures. Those males who are sensitive will show obvious negative mood effects on any exposure. Since the levels are far higher then whats natural, its also likely that when exposure is regular and greater then the ability of the body to recover, then over time can cause depletion of the neurotransmitters and start to have symptoms.

This would explain why many people at first have no symptoms, but after regular use do. If a male does not show immediate negative effects, then just use product with A1 in moderation around males as Mara also suggests. I edited the other post above with more information for those males who might wish to try to counter the negative effects of A1 and use more frequently or hopefully remove the negative symptoms some have when trying to use A1 since it has such a high effect on women.

A1 and Testosterone levels:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3661594/

Testosterone and Serotonin, another link:

A team from MedUni Vienna believes it has demonstrated that testosterone increases the number of proteins that transport serotonin into the brain.

http://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/testosterone-supplementation-may-increase-serotonin-levels-in-the-brain

It is my understanding that natural A-1 production is higher in men with higher testosterone levels. So perhaps it's an OD effect in men who already produce a lot of it and then are exposed to more?

Males who have a higher testosterone level (or perhaps higher neurotransmitter levels) would be better able to produce a higher output of A1 naturally. It does not appear to be related at all to a buildup/OD.

In a mix, I had posted this elsewhere but Astaxanthin does effect Serotonin and boost mood according to this research I found, and may be worth trying in a mix to counteract some of the negative effects of A1, as well as Androsterone Sulfate/TAA but has no published info on Serotonin effect, only 'mood enhancement'. In single testing together they worked ok.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28424423

The experimental molecule P96 by Androtics has some of the effects of A1 without the negative impact of men for another option, but less impact then A1 itself. This has been shared for quite some time all over.

If everything in your home is selling as a vintage collectible on ebay, you might be getting old.... -Super Dave

Edited by datadragon

D3+Fish Oil for ADHD, Bipolar, Depression .....

http://www.fasebj.org/content/early/2015/02/23/fj.14-268342.abstract

Regular adequate levels of Vitamin D3 and sun (not high dosing) plus Triple Strength Fish Oil, along with Magnesium Glycinate as most people dont have enough to support the increased need with extra D3 intake (and needed for the D3 conversion to active usable form) has been shown to be a good normal solution for ADHD, Bipolar, Depression etc without drugs... People who take higher D3 also have been suggested to take with a larger Potassium and Vitamin A intake/supplementation as it lowers both levels also in the body according to HTMA tests I've done and verified this. Magnesium, Potassium and Vitamin A can become deficient doing high dose D3 solo and depends on your intake from diet. Vitamin K2 (Mk7) 100mcg/day can be taken to counter the increase in calcium that D3 causes and prevent too much calcium buildup in places like arteries, the K2 (MK7) puts the calcium where it belongs. (Or greatly lower calcium during higher use of D3). Its all cutting edge research I'm doing...

Increasing testosterone as shown would improve A1 usability since it increases the number of proteins that transport serotonin into the brain. Perhaps the Probiotics would increase the production of Serotonin. It is also linked to Dopamine, which can cause issues with depression as well.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I do not prescribe medication or practice medicine. No information I share is intended to prescribe medication or practice medicine, nor is it intended to prevent, treat or cure symptoms, conditions or diseases. I only express my opinion based on my personal research and experience.

These are all ideas, I am providing information from research over many different fields from experts that might hopefully lead to more research and study on any negative A1 effects some may have and how it may be countered. Please consult with a doctor or natropath before undertaking any supplement or drug treatment.

Use A1 products in moderation for the time being is the best suggestion, and not with males at all who shown effects on first usage.

Edited by datadragon

• 2 months later...

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7af2/00bde9b29a323e22a1d52059059841425a24.pdf

I found this buried study on Androstadienone from 2005. Repeated exposure to Androstadienone causes higher sensitivity, less of the positive effects, and changes the way the scent is perceived negatively.

People with low to intermediate initial sensitivities ascribe the scent to a wide range of odor descriptors, but as these individuals become sensitized with repeated exposure, their description changes to predominantly putrid type descriptors of its scent. Those with higher sensitivities to androstadienone describe it as having a putrid odor—a description that includes ‘‘sweaty,’’ ‘‘urinous,’’ etc, while for those with intermediate sensitivities, there was a wider range of descriptors including vegetable, floral, minty, and fruity. This affects BOTH sexes. This also causes a decrease in detection threshold of more than four orders of magnitude as well as a lowering then of the positive effects on that person. The more exposure, the lower the amount it takes to detect the smell, and will smell it more negatively with increased exposure and work less...

The issue with men and depression like symptoms may possibly be part of this from excess exposure over time becoming over sensitive, however it seems it could be also unrelated and those with low testosterone, high cortisol, low serotonin seem to be the most likely to experience it, and I believe even those who have had minimal exposure as well. One safer supplement, I can think of, Ashwagandha 500mg per day, may counteract some of the issues with high cortisol,low testosterone, and low serotonin that may counteract the occasional exposure by lowering cortisol, raising testosterone etc. Astaxanthin also is safe and may work on the serotonin part... The other mentioned supplements unfortunately all have potential issues and should be discussed with a skilled holistic practitioner prior to starting, and should discuss any supplement with your doctor or practitioner regardless....

Edited by datadragon

• 4 months later...

Anytime I don't get sex when I want it I get angry. Is there a such thing as "irrationally" angry under those circumstances?

Kidding aside, I'll keep an eye out for that response. Or maybe I'll just explain, "since you smell so good in your whatever with whatever, if you don't put out, there will be hell to pay. I will stare at you with daggers in my eyes for countless hours while you carelessly sleep the night away."

Edited by Eastwood22

I've actually seen this effect with my bride. For whatever reason (usually related to family) if I'm wearing a blend with a lot of A1 and we aren't able to play when she wants to, she gets REALLY angry and pouty (very outside her normal behavior). Whenever she wants to initiate, I go out of my way to find the time/private space because I know what the effect will be if things don't go in that direction.

You are a smart man. Better to be safe than sorry.

Just doing my part to keep my bride happy. :Emoticons10311:

Just doing my part to keep my bride happy. :Emoticons10311:

Happy wife = happy life.

if I'm wearing a blend with a lot of A1 and we aren't able to play when she wants to, she gets REALLY angry and pouty (very outside her normal behavior).

So, Halo and Snoop, I do resemble these remarks. Probably the only time I get genuinely pouty. And my man is anything but stingy in this department, so if he falls asleep or is having feelings that inhibit the sexy time, I could safely conclude that his body needs sleep or he needs alone time and it's not personal, but I don't draw that conclusion. I'm wondering if I'm doing it to myself? He does have multiple favorites with Perfect Match, but I'm pretty liberal with the Balm Bomb, LFM, and LFN. Maybe I just need to wear them with a disclaimer? Or do I warn him? Like, "I'm wearing some LFM, so don't even think of putting on Mark's Girl Nip unless you're planning on putting out?" There's got to be a more romantic way to say that, my man is sensitive, but there's a good chance that I will say it exactly like that.

I'm reminding myself of the episode on The Office where Clark is complaining about his sexual relationship with Jan. He was mid to late 20's, she was mid to late 40's.

CLARK: Women reach their sexual peak at whatever age Jan was last week.

And if that wasn't funny enough, he went on.

CLARK: I mean it was… like making love with a wild animal. But not like a cougar like you might think. It was uh… like a swarm of bees. Bees that just find something wrong with every hotel room.

Edit-

He just texted me to tell me he made it back to his hotel room, he's on tour right now. My response? "Women reach their sexual peak at whatever age I'll be next week." An ounce of prevention, right?

Edited by luna65

I'm wondering if I'm doing it to myself?

Like we've been saying, this is never a magic bullet kind of situation. Sometimes a phero sex bomb will not overcome fatigue or a mood which is not sexual in any way. So, again: context, communication, these are the things which are extremely helpful in general but definitely when it comes to pheromone use. But yeah, if you slather on something and you want to get fucked and you think there's a chance it's not going to go that way then it's best to be clear you have that expectation, right?