Kittenish 2015

Beccah

AD-Kittenish15_1.jpg

Kittenish 2015

Our customers continuously *purr* for this peachy delight! Fresh ripe peaches blended with hints of buttery caramelized sugars, maple and benzoin, layered with white and dark amber and just a whisker of kitteny-soft fuzziness in the form of oakmoss and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. This upbeat fragrance promotes all manner of affection and positivity in its ingredients and smells deliciously adorable!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PEACH ~ Love, promotes fertility, happiness, abundance, marriage, longevity, wishes granted.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches
,lust inducing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, luck, riches, sensuality.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
BENZOIN ~ Purification, attract prosperity,
all attraction, base for many incense blends, astral projection.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I can't compare to the original brew this does have a vague familiarity like a sheer version of Whisker Wishes, and WW is a spell favorite so we're on to something here :). I've 5 scents on at the moment and haven't paused to differentiate specific notes so just dishing out 1st impressions atm.

So everybody has that one scent where they're, like, everything in my life will be perfect if I could just have this again, kinda love. Which is a helluva lot of pressure to put on a bottle of perfume, but there t'is, as my favorite Englishman is wont to say. Maybe I was the only one who heard the angels sing when Mara said Kittenish was coming back but OMG KITTENISH IS COMING BACK, Y'ALL, LET ME LOSE MY *EXPLETIVE DELETED*!

*ahem*

Kittenish was the first LP where I discovered the Power of Peach, in that I learned peach is a note which makes me so happy. And I have experienced this with other peach-based LPs but because it was my first I imprinted upon it in a deep way. This one was originally released in May of 2008 (which was a great month as Me, Jane! and Deliciously Wicked also were a part of that month's collection) and I guess another aspect of my affection has to do with my early days of LPMP fandom as well. I have a deep emotional attachment to the scents of 2007/2008 that I fell in love with.

So anyway...this is enough like the original to me to be nearly identical, it gives me that same sugary peach happiness in a bottle feeling which is like Prozac for my soul, or something. Those of you who are fans of the newer version of Whisker Wishes will no doubt enjoy this, or anyone who likes a sugar rush kind of scent. But you could even layer it with another peach note like the tart peach version of Whisker Wishes, Sugared Peaches or Buttercream Peach for more fruitiness (or, I guess, Fairy Cake: Peach but that one is so sweet to me I wouldn't do it myself). I like the balance, myself, even as I understand how someone might prefer more fruit.

In conclusion: BRB snorfing my wrist forever. :wub:

Oh Luna, you just made my DAY! :D I've been hoarding a sniffie of Kittenish for about 2 years, and I've only let myself smell it about 4 times. I've been hoping it would make a comeback! (Clearly you were not the only one doing the Happy Dance when this made an appearance on the NR list! ;) ). I'm so glad to hear that it's similar to the original. Thank you!

It's very similar the original to my memory's nose except POSSIBLY that the peach is the tiniest bit fresher? I"m probably 'reading that in' because the blend / oil is so new - and I am getting maple sap candy in lieu of the very sticky, barely stretchable caramel I got in the original. It is SO kittenish...it does make me want to roll around on the floor and snuggle with something furry :rabbit4: Thankfully the benzion is extremely docile

I love Kittenish! This is very close to the original. The same sweet, fuzzy peach that is fruity and cuddly at the same time. I would say the only difference to me in this is the peach maybe seems the tiniest bit more tart, a little more bite. Like a kitten who snuggles you but then gives a little love bite too.

I'm still so new to all of this that I have a hard time picking out individual notes. But I know what I like and I love Kittenish! I only get very faint whiffs of peach. I'm not exactly sure which note is causing it, but I get a dominant smoky/woody scent when I wear this one. Also not sure why, but something about it actually takes my breath a bit (if that makes any sense.) Like a tightness in my chest when I inhale it too deeply. You would think this would mean I wouldn't want to wear it any more, but not the case. I love the smell so much that it doesn't even matter!

• 2 weeks later...

So now having finally done a comparison with the original, the starting character of the peach is somewhat different, I agree. The original is peach nectar/juice and the new version is fresh-picked peach. But in the drydown they evolve to a similar state, I would say. I think the original has a deeper aura simply due to aging, but the new version has an intensity to it as well, though it still strikes me as more sugary than fruity, somehow, but not as sticky.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I don't love it. But I do like it. Who knows in time it may change. I did go FB in addition to my sampler so I'm safe from kitten poachers ;)

I guess I'm just an Emperess girl. EOP is just my ZMG as far as a resinous peach. I was hoping for a variant of that. But, this gets a little pokey on me. That's just the way some foodies go on my skin. I'm not going to pick through the negs and pros. It just gets a bit to ampy and intrusive on my skin. Yet, in the right mood I like a good peach so I'm on hold, in a time will tell POV.

Can't not love that label! :)

Edited by StacyK

I ordered a fb without even sampling it.

I missed the original kittenish, but I love all the notes in it. Also, I love Mango-ish, which I believe was a PE inspired by kittenish (I'm still nursing an almost empty bottle of it).

Hmm...well I like this but is not what I expected.

When I put it on, I didn't have the list of notes handy, and I could swear it has some kind of floral note in it -- a sweet floral like honeysuckle. I guess this is how I'm detecting the peach. It smells like a really clean sweet flower garden after a rain.

After a couple of hours, the maple is amping on me, as maple is want to do on me, but I'm still detecting that clean rain-washed sweet flower smell underneath it.

• 2 months later...

This is a "chewy caramel peach candy" on first application, which i feel is a weird and somehow delicious combo lol

It mellows out to a warm, overly juicy and tart peach thats dripping onto a bed of soft, non-foody(???) maple.

My thoughts on this is that it sort of has a sharpness to it, idk where its coming from o.o

I like it in a weird sort of way. Ill probably have to come back to this one later

• 5 months later...

When I first tried this last year, I was disappointed that my skin seemed to eat it. It was a faint peach scent for about half an hour and then nothing. I put it aside until just recently, and I'm glad I tried it again! Now, it's a fresh peachy-maple scent with plenty of longevity, although not much throw. I think the oakmoss is what's giving it a silky-fuzzy vibe for me. Like a plush blanket or the insanely soft spot right behind a puppy's ears. Such a feel-good scent!

• 10 months later...

Kittenish is what I wish my childhood smelled like: Friday night magical movie nights, or quiet & cozy crafty weeknights. If Rachel McAdams' romance films were a fragrance, peachy-keen Kittenish would be it. FB staple for me immediately.

• 10 months later...

I think this is an example of how one note can really stand out, perception wise, if it doesn't agree. I think for me here the benzoin and maple together somehow make a third note that overpowers the peach for me. It smells good, but I was expecting more peach. I want peach. Where are my peaches?

I used to know a girl named Peaches, and she sometimes said, "Times are hard." She would use it as an excuse for bad behavior, and say that instead of "oops, I'm sorry," or having any kind of personal accountability. My best friend and I turned it into a joke, and we would say "Times are hard, Peaches." But times should never be hard for the peaches themselves. I tried to fix it with A Treasure of Copper on Top and times got harder. I haven't messed anything up so bad that I had to wash it off for a long time, but I was doing so much sniffing and thinking I started to give myself a headache. Maybe I'll go eat some cookies to speed along my recovery.

My daughter already asked for this one because of the cute kitten on the label. She did run off with my Oatmeal Fairycake the other day, looks like I'm about to do my first official "trade" with a new trading partner! How hard could it be? "Well, it's up to you babe, but what do you like more, oatmeal or kittens? Mommy just wants you to be happy."

I am jealous, Luna, that many of you can get that "everything in my life will be perfect if I could just have this again, kinda love." feeling about this one. But I have it with Wicked and Spontaneous Combustion and at least 10 other LP's, so it's okay. I just need one with peach!

Well sure, but that's the thing - Mara has created so many scents that there is bound to be one which will give you that kind of feeling. Likely more than one. So don't feel bad about that since you have discovered many already that you love so much. I love peach so I'm more apt to really enjoy that kind of scent, but it's not for everyone. By contrast, I have never loved Spontaneous Combustion the way you do and that's perfectly okay. :thumbup:

Well, I do love the LAM Buttercream Peach, but I can't just slather and go roam the earth. I did pull off my trade with my daughter with exactly zero resistance. She now has like 10 LP's so isn't remembering them individually.

"Honey, you liked the Kittenish perfume I put on this morning with the little baby kitten on the label?"

"yes..." she said, somewhat hesitantly.

"Well, If you'd rather have that then your 'Scent of Oatmeal,' we could trade."

"Mama, I don't want to smell like oatmeal!" she yelled, stamping one foot in exasperation.

Luna, I slathered for my own entertainment while watching Everything Sucks, and later went to therapy. Fortunately she's a woman and we don't sit terribly close.

But why not? :lol:

And, I messed up. I shower so often, sometimes 3X a day. But went to work tonight without 2nd shower and without a thought about the LAM Peach I had slathered on. Which is silly because I can still smell it if I put my nose directly on my wrist 6 hours later. And I remembered when I caught some guy giving me DIHL. This happened once before with the same guy when I had wrong pheros on for teaching. I know there's nothing wrong with his filters so I felt bad and tried not to walk near him at all in the room. I even found myself holding my breath the few times I did have to go nearby, as if me holding my breath would keep him from smelling me. Lame. I will be more responsible with the cops in the future! Bumming out/ confusing my students is NOT my objective.