Spirit Bottle 2015

Beccah

AD-SpiritBottle15_1.jpg

CALAMUS ROOT EO ~ Power and control.
KATRIFAY EO ~ Fortifying, for aiding and restoring of physical strength.
BERGAMOT EO ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Spirituality and power, purification, consecration, protection, exorcism
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
ANISE ~ Clairvoyance, protection, luck, cleansing, purification.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
DAHNUL OUD (AGARWOOD) ~ Love, aphrodisiac, spirituality, health.
Expels negative energies, brings alertness, relieves anxiety, invokes a sense of strength and peace and enhances cerebral functioning. Agarwood is highly psychoactive. It is used for a spiritual journey, enlightenment & clarity.
INDIAN BLACK AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
ARABIAN BLACK MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

I wore this today. I love the smell. At first, I thought it smelled like something from an apothecary but in a really good smelling way. It wasn't overpowering on me, which surprised me. As it dried down, there were elements of it that seemed as though they were about to take over and amp like mad but that never happened and I couldn't pick out which elements they were.

It reminded me a lot of my Grandpa whom I loved so much. He was a man with so much humor, confidence, and was so full of life. (I could write a book about him and his amazing life!) I felt like I was channeling those pieces of him today while wearing this. I kept thinking, "Wow. This is ballsy!" That's my best description. I love this one.

It truly is an amazing scent! I'd gotten a sample vial of Spirit Bottle 2015 because I loved the original brew. It is a POWER scent, to be sure. I feel my energy change when I'm wearing this. I feel stronger and more on top of everything. I love your description better, though. "Wow. This is ballsy!" Yes, yes it is.

At first, I thought it smelled like something from an apothecary but in a really good smelling way.

That is exactly what it's supposed to evoke! :D

Oh here's the thread to Spirit Bottle, this is a great power scent. It does smell like an apothecary store but not a smoke filled one it's herbal forward, a cool herbal w hint of musk undertone blended to perfection, no joke Mara took 10 power notes and nailed this. It's not exactly a me scent, but I did get samples for intent use too good to pass up and not use it one way or another.

edited to add spoke too soon the musk really blooms nicely, more than just a hint, a must try scent.

Edited by Cherise

My 14 new samples came today and I've got Spirit Bottle on my right wrist and Ilori on my left wrist.

Spirit Bottle is a 'what is this scent?' scent. I can't place it, but it smells remotely familiar. Like from way back but I don't know where. I'm going to give it some time, but right off the bat I'm not crazy about it.

Ilori is definitely a green scent and smells very familiar. Maybe Salute? I'm hoping the water scents come through, 'cuz water is..uh...cool. In the preliminary battle of left wrist vs right wrist, left wrist (Ilori) wins!

Okay, if this is 'ballsy' and powerful, I guess this time around I'll take being a weak pussy. This time around it just doesn't agree with my nose. Very strong smell. I feel like I am at church surrounded by a dozen blue haired old ladies. I cannot see how a man would want to smell like this. I will give it another fair shake at some point, but right now...not so much...or so little either!

I did have the same response to Elementary Chapter 5, but the next two times I used it I used very little and spread it really thin over a large area and found it fairly decent. I will take that approach with this next time I try it.

Church is also where this scent takes me, but unlike you,Skillfully, I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVE IIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

I think I'm second only to Lynne in wanting this one back. See, I have these "archetypes" in perfumery that I'm always looking for. "The PERFECT fill in the blank scent", dig? I'm sure many of us have that. For me I want the perfect doll scent,baby scent, white musk, blueberry, Majmua, forest, yadayadayada. But a major thing I've been after for years and years is thee perfect church scent, and this is it! Its a Catholic church, with censer incense burning. A high blue painted cathedral with statues everywhere,incorruptible saints encased in wax, mahogany pews, stone, candles, furniture polish, and the residual POWER and energy from all the prayers,happiness,crying,weddings,funerals, living and dying that people spent themselves on. That energy resides,and it hums in the air like an electric current. This potion is exactly that; a potion. It recalls this old,OLD place to me as well as a little piece of every person to step through its doors, as well as the angels and answering deities,however you may see them.

This brings strength, indeed. In me it brings a sort of calm and solace as well. I know it's not MEANT to, but to me it conveys Church more than any other scent I've ever tried, even Messe de Minuit by Etro or Holy Terror by Arcana (thanks for the tip on that one Luna, I do love it, but I love this one a lil bit more). Top Five Ever!

Very cool! This scent to me reminds me less of a brick and mortar church and more of the power of being spiritual in nature. This scent exudes power, protection and spirituality. I don't wear this for the scent, even though it is strangely addictive to me. I wear this scent for the feelings I get from it.

I love how scents reminds us all of different things or brings us to different places. I honestly felt like I was in the very back of an old gypsy wagon, much like the one where Dorothy finds herself at in the beginning of the Wizard of Oz. And, funny you say that you find this addictive, Snoopyace, because I do too. I was telling Chelle8422 about it and how I feel like it's somehow drawing me in. If I didn't know better, I'd swear the bottle winks at me.

I also love the feelings I get from it. Powerful, confidence, definite sense of higher self or spirituality (or something but haven't experienced this enough to say for sure), humor, and a strong love of life. That is a lot that I get from this. No wonder I'm so drawn to it.

Edited by tink333

Great review! I love it!!

Although we find this to be quite different from the original, Mr. Goddess and I both really like this!! It is much more floral to my nose, but when he wears it he smells GOOD, and I'm so glad he's happy!! Our bottles are waiting for me at the p.o., to be picked up tomorrow!! I think I'll give myself a good slather tomorrow - I didn't dare until the stash of bottles was secured!!

Thank you so much Mara!! xoxo

What a delightfully witchy scent!

Wearing this in bed and was told (uncharacteristically and unsolicited) "you're the boss". I'm sure this potion's power was intended for a higher purpose but I'm just mentioning that it also works in such a sphere.

Edited by donsie

What a delightfully witchy scent!

Wearing this in bed and was told (uncharacteristically and unsolicited) "you're the boss". I'm sure this potion's power was intended for a higher purpose but I'm just mentioning that it also works in such a sphere.

Depends on who you're talking to. There can be quite the spiritual connection during such moments. The people involved could experience a sense of enlightenment and connect to their higher selves etc... I'm just saying. Either way, this has been noted. :)

Depends on who you're talking to. There can be quite the spiritual connection during such moments. The people involved could experience a sense of enlightenment and connect to their higher selves etc... I'm just saying. Either way, this has been noted. :)

Thanks, tink. I thought I sounded like a dissipated libertine but you make a good point.

Glad I ordered a bottle then haha! :D

ETA: Donsie - we have your custom rank when the time comes: Dissipated Libertine! :lol:

Edited by quietguy

ETA: Donsie - we have your custom rank when the time comes: Dissipated Libertine! :lol:

:rofl222: That is awesome!

I was just reading the different reviews and now think I need to try at least a sample because it sounds interesting.

:rofl222: That is awesome!

I was just reading the different reviews and now think I need to try at least a sample because it sounds interesting.

I think you'd do well to have a sample on hand for woo-woo, and because it's a pleasantly magic shop sort of resinous scent.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm female, and I love how this smells on my skin. At first I also had that "reminds me of my grandpa" feeling, which felt warm and secure. I settled into it, and a few minutes later, SURPRISE! It went sweet and sarsaparilla on me, I couldn't believe it. I love this, and even with it going sweet like this, it still evokes feelings of strength and security. And now I'm wondering what a true sarsaparilla musk would smell like. :D

My skin chemistry is just plain strange, I swear.

Ladies, check the tag on this; "unisex. It was decided to post the unisex reviews in the Men's forum because there aren't as many men's scents. Blessings!

I was thrilled to get a sniffie of this with the order I received today. I only sniffed it in the vial but I'm very intrigued. I usually don't do well with unisex resinous scents, but I liked it. It has a cleansing feeling to it. I can't wait to try it.

I've been stalking, maybe the hoarders will come out around pheroma time. :D

Maybe I will...lol.

Eh em gee. I had to wear a few times before I said anything, but I'm noticing some serious mojo w/ Spirit Bottle. I always end getting some swag when I wear this, or a nice happy coincidence. Today, my son's grandma took us out to a nice restaurant to eat after his soccer game.

Edited by Beccah

Hi Beccah, Xev - I've noticed some serious great mojo and have only worn it like 2x. And it's an amazing scent too, but loving the mojo. Hoping for a re-brew, even if the scent isn't exactly the same, as long as the mojo is. :D

If it's rebrewed (crossing fingers!) I'll have to go full bottle. No second-thinking it!

If it's rebrewed (crossing fingers!) I'll have to go full bottle. No second-thinking it!

Do it! This is one is fantastic! (And, now I know what I'm wearing today.)

Edited by tink333

• 1 year later...

I found my trial vial of this when I was cleaning, well no wonder I didn't review it originally!

What I get from this is all the dark/deep notes - the anise, the oud, the black musk and black amber. Even the vetiver to some extent, I guess. Interestingly enough it's like a non-sweet Decadent Diva on me. I literally do not get any herbal or floral notes at all, so I guess the resins just totally rebelled and took over during the aging process. :lol: