Lisa's Pirate Treasure

Just got this in the mail and I know it has to settle.

Initially, I get vanilla frosting with spice, maybe nutmeg. Really soft sandalwood in the background. After about 10 minutes, the spice came to the forefront (definitely clove, maybe nutmeg). Mara, what is the spice? I feel like a mulled vanilla chai latte! YUM!

Update: Drydown of about an hour or so turns into a nice warm vanilla sandalwood where spice goes back into base. Comforting like wearing your boyfriends fuzzy sweatshirt. I was initially concerned about all the spice but it mellowed into a whisper. Smelled different in the vial than on my skin, though both were lovely. I got a ton of compliments tonight! Compared against La Sylphide and LS is much drier smelling. This is juicier and sweeter and spicier initially. I want to let it rest.

I love love love La Sylphide -- but I know what you mean about having a dryness to the scent of it. Do you think Pirate Treasure is a suitable match to LFM?

ETA What other pheros do you think would be a good match?

Edited by Cougarrific

I feel sporty and playful in this... all girl but willing to hit a few golf balls with the boys. For those times I want to hang out and be one of the guys without my scent shouting "I am a floral cupcake fairy girly girl" ...

but there is no mistaking its a feminine scent. So I am thinking a work phero or treasured hearts.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yes, a pirate scent without any bay in it (bay ruins everything on my skin). Echoing the coconut chai latte comparison--lots of creamy coconut that always stays at the fore, accented with warm spices that make this a warmer coconut scent that can go well into the fall. I have Arcana Queen Crossbones; this one has the spice element in place of that one's honey, so they're really two different scents but equally delicious.

I am so happy you like it! Was worried when you didn't post!

Hi! I also purchased your PE and got it a few days ago. I love the concept, the photo. We went to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort this past month and stayed in a pirate-themed room and it was themed down to tiny details! I wish I had had this for vacation. Arrrr..... I expected mostly sandalwood based on the description, but smelling it from the bottle it is heavenly. Coconut creamy and a little spicy. Sandalwood and vanilla are allllwaaaays good! I will give a fuller review when I actually wear it. I have so much from the sale and NR samplers, that I am a little overwhelmed. :Emoticons04263:

Edited by SirenSong

• 2 weeks later...

I actually wore it that same day, but took awhile compiling my review.

I really like this! And I have nothing like it! It really does embody its name. Lisa thought of a great idea and Mara brewed up something special. When I first apply it, I get spice cake with a smidge of cream cheese frosting. Then the sandalwood pops out with the “treasure of African spices”. I don’t know if I am imagining it, but I swear I can almost smell the wooden treasure chest, the wooden ship, or the wooden barrels on the ship. I am actually getting something wooden from a long ago time. Then it dries down into a smoky, creamy, spicy sandalwood -- almost like sandalwood incense yet still retaining a sweet slightly edible quality. I’m sure that the coconut crème is what gives it the creaminess. And, yes(!) , no plastic that I sometimes get with coconut. It seems as long as the coconut is creamy, the plastic note stays away. I am not sure that I ever detect the rum, but maybe I am perceiving rum as the “wood from long ago”. It wears light, but lasts. I still could smell it the next morning. Bravo!! And I loooove the label!!

Thank you soooo much Siren Song! I was so nervous about my first PE!!! I am so glad you like it. I get the incense too, and with the spice, I was worried that would make the perfume too harsh. I wish it was a tad sweeter at the drydown, after about an hour, but what I really like is how the scent morphs into so many different versions while wearing. And you are so right--its light but it does last. I forgot all about it and someone remarked at the end of the day, "Wow, you smell like autumn".

Thanks for trying it Siren Song!

I just checked on LiveJournal and it is considered Permanent, but it's out of stock right now...

http://arcanasoapslove.livejournal.com/

Phew thx Molls!!

I need to message her. I've been freaking the F out because I only have one bottle of QC and that is not enough. I thought it would be around for awhile.

Sorry for the threadjack. This does sound amazing BTW.

• 3 months later...

OK, I caved and got this off Etsy. I am so glad! The treasure trove of African spices straight out of the bottle is to die for. I totally get the same initial impression others have alluded to of the world's most delicious drink -- I think maybe the nutmeg at the forefront and the creaminess of the coconut creme plus the vanilla are calling up immediate eggnog evocations. But very quickly the sandalwood and bay rum creep into the picture and a very different set of associations arises. SirenSong already described it far more perfectly than I could, but I get such a strong picture of sand dunes, salty air, and heavy wooden casks washed ashore. I think this will be a total winner in summer, but it also does a great job of evoking warmer climes in the cold rainy New England weather I'm surrounded by now. And it's very different from any other LP I own. So glad I went for it! Congrats on such a wowzer of a PE, Lisa!