GypsiMoon's Bohemian Beauty

luna65

AD-PE-GypsiMoonBB.jpg

GypsiMoon's Bohemian Beauty

Christine asked for: Sweet Sandlewood,Creamy coconut,vanilla bean,white chocolate, in smelling order,lol :) blissfully happy,glowing beauty,healing,romantic and universal love,uninhibited

This obviously reminds me of things like Unisexy and The Sand Witch but it has a really femme aura to it, and it's wonderfully creamy, that's my favorite aspect of it. The sandalwood is a wee bit sharp on me so I have to be careful how much I apply but otherwise it's everything I love about the vanilla-sandalwood trope, it's very warm and sexy. I think you could wear it anytime but the overall vibe to me is more casual: a daytime scent to wear in your most comfy clothes.

I love sandalwood in perfume but I have to careful because some types are migraine-triggering for me. This one is just on the edge of that quality, but the sweetness makes up for it.

It's so white chocolate heavy that the sandalwood is really muted. Its really cozy and comfortable. It's not that dry, sophisticated sandalwood in Sensual Harmony and La Sylphide. This is a wetter sandalwood and that is really under the surface of the white chocolate and coconut. Not quite foodie but not perfumey either. Almost like the scent of a lotion that you would buy commercially. Anyways, that is what is smells like on me.

This was the one I misread and even mis-posted as "Bohemian Butterfly" in the scent of the day thread. :lol: The sandalwood really is sweet and sensual, not sharp or dry in the least. It grounds the other sweet, creamy notes so well. The coconut, vanilla and white chocolate are sweet and luscious but far from saccharine, and one easily complements the other. I think the uplifting feeling that comes from it has to do with the fact that they are all white notes (yes I do have synaesthesia and often end up confusing everyone with it).

Unlike everyone else, this is coconut dominant on my skin. I get coconut followed close behind by vanilla, cocoa butter & sandalwood. The sandalwood blends in well.

This is very young girl on me. Sweet coconut upfront. Venice beach without the patch. I would have totally worn this skating on the beach in my Sandpebbles bikini.

update to say that the sandalwood came forward in the dry down. Almost dominant in the long dry down with the cocoa butter & vanilla softly hanging out. The coconut is far away now.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I dithered too long on this when it first came out, then was able to grab a bottle off the trade threads! I really like this! It's very sandalwood forward on me -- the coconut/vanilla bean/white chocolate is very in the background, just adding that sweet creamy texture others have described. It's soft and clean and very beachy on me -- but beachy like I came home from being out swimming to somebody's incredibly luxuriously appointed guest house, and I've had a bath and washed my hair and I'm wearing a little terry cloth wrap, lying in a hammock and letting the sun dry my skin. Like Luna, I'm finding it the teensiest bit on the poky side, but it never quite goes there, and I bet that with some aging it's going to be just divine.

And I'm TOTALLY feeling the mood enhancing aspect! Very uplifting!

ETA: OMG, longer drydown and have coconut and vanilla bean BLOSSOMING this is absolutely delicious!

Edited by Blackcat

I've noticed even within the past few months it has mellowed from when I originally got it, though it still sticks really well in terms of wear. This is a great summer fragrance, IMO, because it's one of those I think would hang on through a full day of being in the heat. And for those who have both, it layers wonderfully with Lina's Mama Lion.

I've noticed even within the past few months it has mellowed from when I originally got it, though it still sticks really well in terms of wear. This is a great summer fragrance, IMO, because it's one of those I think would hang on through a full day of being in the heat. And for those who have both, it layers wonderfully with Lina's Mama Lion.

Ooh -- I do have both!! Thanks for the tip!

ETA: Just put on the shirt I was wearing when I tested this yesterday and holy wow! It took me a moment to figure out what I was smelling that was so hauntingly beautiful.... kicking myself for not grabbing that bottle while it was still on Etsy!

Edited by Blackcat

• 4 months later...

Whew! Finally found time to post a mini review on this beauty!

At first, I wasn't too fond of the smell and thought it smelled okay, but as soon as I let it sit on my skin just omg.

I smell absolutely delectable :Emoticons0424: . It smelled strongly of sweet sandalwood first and then mellowed to the perfect mix of all the ingredients ( Though the chocolate comes out a bit more than the rest which I likeeee)

I love it so much now and so happy I took the plunge and bought it!

:Emoticons04235:

Once again this reaffirms for me that one really needs to let it sit on the skin for a few in order to get an accurate scent!

Yes! My original bottle was nice, ok when I first tried it. But, age both soothes it out and makes it bloom. As someone who's skin can gobble up scents without a good anchor note, I defiantly agree. It stays put.

There's an old FB page "Santa Monica & Venice Beach in The 70s & 80s" (haven't looked at it in awhile) I used to really like it, shared memories & all. This is the closest of all the beachy/hippyish scents I've ever tried that flat out captures that time for me. :love:

On me this reminded me first of New - soooo powdery smooth - and I mostly don't like sandalwood and I recognize that almost metallic-ish type from Sand Witch that really disagrees with me - but it's unique in that it's smothered with an unabashed foodiness -- dense, chewy, intense, candy-sweet coconut -- that makes it wonderful and wearable for me. I compulsively huff it. It doesn't last too long on me but I love it while it's there.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this has become my favorite scent.

I never thought it would steal my heart and my nose but it did.

Today I chose it over Lady V's pussycat which I love so much.

The perfumerie has turned me into a cocohoenut. I love it.

It smells just so darn good on me!

• 4 weeks later...

I love this PE. For me it does what Pussy and Cobra do- it wakes me up and screams - LOVE LIFE. It's a happy, beautiful, feel good, scent. There's something so peaceful about me when I wear this. Lol. I don't wear it too often because sometimes I like to let the bitch out and her name is Black Panther. When I do want to be uplifted and Sound of Music-like, I slather this baby on. I enjoy it. Notice how we don't really use that word anymore. Well I don't. I don't really enjoy things, because it's always one extreme or the other with me. It's either OMG I LOVE or DIE. This scent makes me enjoy stuff. It's grounding and zen. Good stuff!!

I love this PE. For me it does what Pussy and Cobra do- it wakes me up and screams - LOVE LIFE.

I don't wear it too often because sometimes I like to let the bitch out and her name is Black Panther. !

Yes it does do that. LOVE LIFE. I want to lace up my skates, feel the sun on my skin a just enjoy. Then I remember I don't have skates or a bike? WTF?

LOL Yes, The Panther. That's what I'm wearing tomorrow. Black Panther with Dom or Leather. I had bit of a shitty day, Though I did get one good thing in the end. But, Fuck yes. I really needed to hear LVs words there. I definitely NEED to let the bitch out tomorrow, BLACK PANTHER.

Yes it does do that. LOVE LIFE. I want to lace up my skates, feel the sun on my skin a just enjoy. Then I remember I don't have skates or a bike? WTF?

LOL Yes, The Panther. That's what I'm wearing tomorrow. Black Panther with Dom or Leather. I had bit of a shitty day, Though I did get one good thing in the end. But, Fuck yes. I really needed to hear LVs words there. I definitely NEED to let the bitch out tomorrow, BLACK PANTHER.

I really need to get levitation on the side, because this would be like falling into the land of the Hugga Bunch. Anyone remember that movie when the little girl falls through the mirror?

Haha, yes! Creepy ass Hugga Bunches with they're dead eyes.

Sorry to be OT.

This scent sounds dreamy too though. I love sandalwood! And coconut! This goes on the ever growing test list.

Edited by cheeseburger79

Haha, yes! Creepy ass Hugga Bunches with they're dead eyes.

Sorry to be OT.

This scent sounds dreamy too though. I love sandalwood! And coconut! This goes on the ever growing test list.

I hate puppets of any kind.

There is something about the coconut sandalwood combo that is magnificent! In the words of Stacy K.. this one is " ethereal "

I hate puppets of any kind.

There is something about the coconut sandalwood combo that is magnificent! In the words of Stacy K.. this one is " ethereal "

. HA!! Never count on me for spelling. Sorry.

But, yes it is!! xo

• 6 months later...

I think I may have gotten the last bottle of this in the sale last July/August. I have been saving it for vanilla month (January for me) and so finally trying it out today. I love sandalwood and my husband loves vanilla, so it was really a no brainer. I took a chance on the coconut which usually turns to plastic on me (as much as I would like it not to). Out of the bottle this is a more sophisticated version of Bath and Body Works' Warm Vanilla Sugar, one of their few scents I still like despite their quality being on the cheap side.

On me this is a vanilla sandalwood with a shade of "coconut-ness". When first applied, I totally got the white chocolate which stays there rounding out the scent to a yummy sweetness. I like it. Christine's concept is certainly genius when you like creamy vanilla scents! However, I am getting a little plastic about 15 minutes in and that weird play-doh-ness that certain vanillas sometimes do on me. But...the pros outweigh the cons luckily.

Overall, this is what Warm Vanilla Sugar only wishes it could aspire to be. I think Mara should make a permanent version of this...maybe there is already something similar. I don't have all the permanent ones yet. :wink2: It is soft, casual, and perfect for anytime. I'd wear it all year long -- not just for my vanilla month. Well done!

This is beautiful!! It walks that fine line between perfumey and foody. On my skin, it does resemble Unisexy, but the sandalwood is softer. It's soft sandalwood and coconut. The vanilla bean and white chocolate smooth and round it out. Super pretty and perfect for summer.

• 4 months later...