Bewitching Hour w/EoW Copulins

AD-BewitchingHour_1.jpg

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, foretelling spells.
DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
KUSH RESIN ~ Healing, love, meditation.

I can't detect the copulins in this at all. The dragon's blood and apple combo is inspired. It has me coming back for more, much like majmua does, because it's so complex. I think I'm going to need several days with this to really figure out what visuals I get with it and how it generally affects me. I'd put it down somewhere between "spiritual' and "sensual" as a category. Definitely not subtle.

Wet, this had a strong medicinal kind of thing going on, but after it calmed down on my skin it bloomed int someting much softer and warmer. I thought this was going to remind me of incense, hippies, headshops, etc, as resins + patchouli often do to me, but it is much more refined than that. I like it!

Well as mentioned above, no cops smell. Not a surprise though with the dragons blood, Amber, benzoin and patch. #1, new as this is I do not get a heavy patch scent. Everything is fairly blended together. This is a deep, darkish blend. Exotic and a little herby on me.

On my skin the benzoin can get a tad medicinal and that gets distracting. This one does tilt in that direction. I have grown to love some scents with benzoin though, as it can round out over time. I will keep an eye on this one.

Edited by StacyK

I can't detect the copulins in this at all. The dragon's blood and apple combo is inspired. It has me coming back for more, much like majmua does, because it's so complex. I think I'm going to need several days with this to really figure out what visuals I get with it and how it generally affects me. I'd put it down somewhere between "spiritual' and "sensual" as a category. Definitely not subtle.

I totally agree about it being somewhere between "Spiritual" and "Sensual". I put it on last night and it is very complex. On wet it was a little overwhelming, not quite stabbing to the forehead pain but more "woah, that is potent...and odd." But as it sank into the skin it became more interesting and more likable. I almost wore it today but I thought I would give it a little time to settle before I did more than a swipe for the sake of overwhelming curiosity.

The apple is not overwhelming to me. It adds a sweet, clean, fresh note to balance out the heaviiness of the resins. To be honest, I didn't even notice it as anything other than a vague fruitiness until this morning. I put on the hoodie I wore a couple of days ago that has traces of Betwitching Hour on it, and now I'm like, oh, yeah, there's apple in this.

I smelled it briefly in the beginning when it was very wet and then it was so much a part of the mix that it isn't really noticeable afterward.

I really love the mix of apple and resin I get in the wet stage of this, because it's a trope I'm very fond of in general. And if it stayed that way I would have needed a bottle for sure. But unfortunately the dragon's blood takes over in the drydown - and that does tend to happen on my skin whenever it's in a blend (unless it's a very small amount). But even though I don't particularly care for dragon's blood as a fragrance note I know that this one is of a very high quality, it's lush and deep and just the slightest bit sweet. It has an almost "juicy" character to it.

The apple is not overwhelming to me. It adds a sweet, clean, fresh note to balance out the heaviiness of the resins. To be honest, I didn't even notice it as anything other than a vague fruitiness until this morning. I put on the hoodie I wore a couple of days ago that has traces of Betwitching Hour on it, and now I'm like, oh, yeah, there's apple in this.

Thanks Xev! I didn't even realize how much I liked a crisp apple until Living Doll with CB came out. Now I seek it out, as long as its blended and doesn't smack me in the forehead.

I really love the mix of apple and resin I get in the wet stage of this, because it's a trope I'm very fond of in general. And if it stayed that way I would have needed a bottle for sure. But unfortunately the dragon's blood takes over in the drydown - and that does tend to happen on my skin whenever it's in a blend (unless it's a very small amount). But even though I don't particular care for dragon's blood as a fragrance note I know that this one is of a very high quality, it's lush and deep and just the slightest bit sweet. It has an almost "juicy" character to it.

Thanks Luna - I was hoping that's how the notes will play. I have one on the way, but have yet to sniff or play with it. I don't know how the dragonsblood note works with my skin yet, but looking forward to finding out. From your descrip though, sounds pretty perfect. A 'juicy' scent can be awesome.

When I first applied this, it was HOLY STORAX AND BENZOIN OMG MY SINUSES ARE SO CLEAR NOW!!! After a half hour, it was more apple/benzoin/dragon's blood and has settled nicely into my skin. I feel quite witchy and bewitching wearing this, and I get no hint of cops. I WISH I got more patch and amber, I will try layering it with a smidge of patch and see if it gives me that nice, thick, deep rounded feel I'm wanting.

This one is very medicinal to start. But its settling nicely. Honestly, I didn't have high hopes for this because resins are just not "me". Although I like it more than I expected... It's still not "me".

Once the medicine smell fades, I get heavy dragons blood and patch. The apple is trying to break through but its just barely there giving a light sweetness. This is very deep, intriguing and a bit witchy :)

OK, this is the scent I was most apprehensive about trying of this month's NRs -- the notes looked heavy and more resin-y than usually works for me. Out of everything so far though, this is the one I am closest to considering a full bottle on! It goes on herbally, as others have described, and as it dries it gets deeper and more complex and more evocative. This one is pure witch's cottage to my nose -- I get such a sense of polished oak planks, bundles of dried herbs, maybe Maililyahn's leatherbound grimoire lying on the table! It's also got a serious don't-fuck-with-me vibe I am really digging. Wonderful!

This was the pne I saved until last because patch almost always tries to smother me. Eventually, I did have to wash this one off, but I did appreciate where this was meant to go. The apple and storax went together well. Very fresh, exhilerating.The benzoin was fine. But, the Dragon's Blood and amber began to overtake everything else at about 30 minutes and then it was all patchouli. This is definitely a scent I wish I could pull off, but I just amp to the moon. I wish I could smell this on someone who can wear it. I'd love to know what it should be on the right person.

Hmm, I smell like dirty hippie with Bewitching Hour on, but I really like it. Lol. Really reminding me of when I worked in a head shop. I think I would like a full bottle, I hope there's some left when I have funds.

Edited by Beccah

Another surprise hit with this! Whats going on with me? My tastes are totally changing this month. I am glad there was less foody scents and more sort of...intriguing ones. Dragons Blood usually slices my throat open but it is shockingly mellow in this. I only get the apple at first and now the whole thing has just melded perfectly to a warm sexy powerful goddess scent. I really can't pick out anything individually at this point. I've had it on about an hour and I am in love.

Another surprise hit with this! Whats going on with me? My tastes are totally changing this month. I am glad there was less foody scents and more sort of...intriguing ones. Dragons Blood usually slices my throat open but it is shockingly mellow in this. I only get the apple at first and now the whole thing has just melded perfectly to a warm sexy powerful goddess scent. I really can't pick out anything individually at this point. I've had it on about an hour and I am in love.

:lol:

I have the same thing going on.

I'm trying to decide if I want this or Devilish Thoughts, I'd add cops of course.

I love the dark sexy "goddess" vibe. Everything melds except the Benzoin which in the past has rounded out with age. But I get a touch of the steely medicinal edge from it here.

I still like the scent though, it's a tough call.

I also just love Hauntings too. I guess I'm going over to the Dark Side.

I'm not sure Im getting the medicinal either, but will try this again this weekend probably. I like this one a lot, not able to detect many notes - the sweeter side seems to pop at first for a few seconds, dries down quickly into some poofie magickal mixture of wonder.

I like this one and want to test more..... or MOAAARRREE. :)

I still can't really figure out what benzoin is. Medicinal you say? I will wear this again all day and try to figure out if I detect that.

Benzoin EO comes from a resin. So I guess that makes it a resin basically. I have always had a medicinal thing with it. Like Luna said its part metallic/medicinal. For me how much it goes in that direction sometimes depends on what other notes are in the blend. DT is softer on my skin for some reason. But, this scent is so fun. Ah decisions. Edited by StacyK

I just got my sampler and this was the first one I had to try. Right away the Apple was very strong but it's mellowed out quickly. The resins all seem to be fighting a bit at the moment but I can already sense them starting to meld together. Zero detection of cops. ZERO. Amazing. I'm almost 100% positive I'm going to love this one a lot! It's a beautiful resin scent.

Trying this one out today. At first, it was a wet balsam note. The storax, I guess. The apple was there, not a sweet apple, very crisp. I never could smell the cops. Even the patch is so light and well blended, I can't detect it. After drydown, it just seems like an herbally scent. Very witch's cottage, like blackcat said...

I'm somehow in love with this. And I just checked- selling out fast unless the inventory isn't updated. If you want this, you'll want to get it now.

I'm head over heels... and this is not a pink scent, but omg - in love.

ETA: like others have said, cannot smell cops at all. I dont have any reactions from others as havve only worn solo, but happily (not) surprised how wonderful this is.

ETA: I think this stuff also helps me sleep , like almost every single time it knocks me out. This is a good thing bc I've been wound up and it's hard to relax. So I don't think it would have that effect unless I *needed* it to or whatever.

Also on drydown - the magickal 'poofie goodness' is appley (but not spikey or candied) and what must be the dragonsblood.

Edited by Beach Goddess

• 1 month later...

I did end up with a full bottle of this, and it is a fascinating puzzle -- every time I put it on so far I get something quite different! A couple of days ago it was wearing really light and just the littlest bit herbal. I was actually missing the more medicinal bite. Tonight it's very apple forward -- the world's darkest, more hauntingly complex spicy apple pie! I love all of these manifestations but it is really startling how differently this plays on my skin depending on when I put it on.

I did end up with a full bottle of this, and it is a fascinating puzzle -- every time I put it on so far I get something quite different! A couple of days ago it was wearing really light and just the littlest bit herbal. I was actually missing the more medicinal bite. Tonight it's very apple forward -- the world's darkest, more hauntingly complex spicy apple pie! I love all of these manifestations but it is really startling how differently this plays on my skin depending on when I put it on.

Hi Blackcat!This is such a morpher right? But in such a good way each time! I haven't work it around others bc I tend to slather this one, but I agree it's amazing.

Hey, BG! Yes, it's fascinating, and I have to say I've loved every stage of it! Also, the day I wrote that review, I did a second slather just before bed and it had that strong, almost medicinal tint going on wet, which made me so happy! This one just feels like feminine power in a bottle. I haven't actually tried it out in public either. :-) Certain LPs feel as if they bring out my most private, individual self and this is definitely at the top of that list!

• 1 month later...

When first applied, I get mostly sweet, juicy apple. This quickly fades to the background as the resin-y notes come to the forefront. However, not in an overwhelming way. Bewitching Hour is exotic and spicy, yet somehow manages to be powdery soft. It's enticing and alluring, just like its name implies.

Hey, BG! Yes, it's fascinating, and I have to say I've loved every stage of it! Also, the day I wrote that review, I did a second slather just before bed and it had that strong, almost medicinal tint going on wet, which made me so happy! This one just feels like feminine power in a bottle. I haven't actually tried it out in public either. :-) Certain LPs feel as if they bring out my most private, individual self and this is definitely at the top of that list!

Hi BC - yes, I find my own reaction to it a bit weird bc it can have a medicinal scent at first, but then it blossoms. I may wear it again tonight after reading prior posts, bc it was awesome in many ways. I love your description about feminine power in a bottle, that resonates with me. I want to re-review the notes and intent and find out why this is so magickal. I do love the apple forwardness that peeks out. And I *still* haven't worn around others yet, bc I agree, this feels kind of private. :)

When first applied, I get mostly sweet, juicy apple. This quickly fades to the background as the resin-y notes come to the forefront. However, not in an overwhelming way. Bewitching Hour is exotic and spicy, yet somehow manages to be powdery soft. It's enticing and alluring, just like its name implies.

Hi Indie, isn't this so intriguing? For me, this has been the most morpher scent - but all in a great and positive way. I want to wear this more bc I think it may have more to unfold.

I've tried this a few times over the last few months; it's grown on me and I've come to appreciate the notes in it that I'm not used to. But I still didn't think it was quite working for me, so I added some OCCO Red to it and the cinnamon-apple vibe it has now, on top of the other notes, is working better for me.

• 8 months later...

I'm just trying this today, I had grabbed it as a freebie during the sale. Truthfully I picked it by name, just started to read this thread and didn't notice it had cops in it. I had intended a phero free day, oops. This started out with noticeable Apple on me but it a good way, to my surprise. My skin seems to be eating this up, it's very soft, a little sweet and earthy. I'm going to see how it progresses but I may be searching the trades for another bottle. Glad I was cautious with application, I would have normally rolled some into my hair, the cops were a surprise to me, not detectable.

• 2 years later...

Oh dear, I don't think this one is for me. There's something about it that I really don't like...not sure what it is. Maybe patchouli? As someone said above, I smell like dirty hippie, but unlike them, I do NOT like it. I'd go wash it off if I hadn't JUST bathed and I wasn't too lazy. I might try to cover it with something, though. 

It also kind of reminds me of the 80s and sadness. Like, when I was little and we visited my Dad, at least once we stayed in his girlfriend's house, and she made us sleep in her cold, grey basement. This scent reminds me of that for some reason.