Blue Smoke

Beccah

AD-BlueSmoke_1.jpg

MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
SPICES ~ Clairvoyance, luck, money, passion.

The Blueberry totally dominated the other notes on my skin. Not a surprise. Very few scents with blueberry work for me. Scent wise it becomes intrusive to my nose.

The woods are present as a base but I got little else going on here.

Hooray hooray! OMG it's so deep and delicious! I love it! I get everything in this. Smoky, wood, spicy blueberry musk, The spice dominates every so slightly. Warm and cozy, secure and sexy is the vibe I'm getting from this. So yummy! Love this.

Oh, and I would LUUURRVVEEE to smell this on a man. I can see my face buried in a neck slathered with Blue Smoke.

Edited by rain_dancer

This is gorgeous. I'm walking toward the cabin, toting a bucket of blueberries. The dogs are loping alongside, snagging a berry now and again as they tumble on the ground. I can see the smoke curling from the chimney, a welcome invitation. I pop a berry into my mouth and crush it between my teeth. Immediately there's a burst of tart and sweet, matching the dusty blue violet of the berry. I push open the door and the warmth of the woodsmoke greets me. Berries into wash then into the heavy pan. Bright and true and fresh. Makes my mouth water. Add some sugar and a pinch of spice. The berry steam is rising, mixing with the comforting scent of the morning fire. Ahhh, there'll be blueberry dumplings for lunch. But first, a bit of toast and butter and a ladle of berries, with a cuppa. Time for a quick stir of the embers, feet up on the table and two dogs by my side to savor the moment.

Upon application: berries, tart and true. Within a couple of moments, a whiff of wood fire burning. A bit of musk peeps through, but mostly, I get a co-mingling of blueberries and happily dancing fire. Through dry time, the smoke lessens, but remains. The softer side of blueberry comes forward, but the spice keeps this from any sort of powdered sweetness. Mara somehow managed to capture exactly what she said she did..Blue Smoke. Amazing. Pure magic.

Edited by Wanderlust

This is gorgeous. I'm walking toward the cabin, toting a bucket of blueberries. The dogs are loping alongside, snagging a berry now and again as they tumble on the ground. I can see the smoke curling from the chimney, a welcome invitation. I pop a berry into my mouth and crush it between my teeth. Immediately there's a burst of tart and sweet, matching the dusty blue violet of the berry. I push open the door and the warmth of the woodsmoke greets me. Berries into wash then into the heavy pan. Bright and true and fresh. Makes my mouth water. Add some sugar and a pinch of spice. The berry steam is rising, mixing with the comforting scent of the morning fire. Ahhh, there'll be blueberry dumplings for lunch. But first, a bit of toast and butter and a ladle of berries, with a cuppa. Time for a quick stir of the embers, feet up on the table and two dogs by my side to savor the moment.

Upon application: berries, tart and true. Within a couple of moments, a whiff of wood fire burning. A bit of musk peeps through, but mostly, I get a co-mingling of blueberries and happily dancing fire. Through dry time, the smoke lessens, but remains. The softer side of blueberry comes forward, but the spice keeps this from any sort of powdered sweetness. Mara somehow managed to capture exactly what she said she did..Blue Smoke. Amazing. Pure magic.

Great review! I was right there with you when I read this and now I'm even more excited to try this. Blueberries, wood smoke, and a hint of spice and musk sounds just about perfect to me. Blueberries are my favorite food. Can I stop by for some blueberry dumplings? :) Edited by tink333

This reminds me a bit of scents like Naughty Naughty! and North Pole, though this has more of a definite Autumnal evocation to it, with the woods and spice and smoke. The blueberry is somewhat sweet at first but then turns piquant in the drydown, more of a Zing! on top, but as a topnote it doesn't last that long on me. I really like this as a fall type of fragrnace, and guys will definitely love it, I think, though anybody could wear it, of course. The musk makes it really smooth and keeps the woods/spice aura true throughout.

This is pretty awesome. . I probably shouldn't have put it on so close to hauntings because now they are smelling really similar to me.

The berry is just a top note on this, a little sweetness, otherwise is it pure feral mountain man. . .grrrrrrrr.

Edit: After 20 minutes, the blueberry whacked me on the face and it was pure feral mountain man with blueberry jam all over his face. . . fortunately, at the hour mark, the spices and woods came back and it was manly again.

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

This was fascinating -- I don't know if I've smelled any other blueberry LPs! Right out of the bottle it was all blueberry, and my nose automatically added sugar and maple for a pancakes experience. But very quickly the other notes -- without coming to the forefront or even making themselves individually discernible -- worked to ground the scent so that instead of foodie blueberry it was wild nature blueberry. I can definitely see this being great on a guy, but I'm finding it quite lovely on me as well. A soft woody musk heavily tinged with wild berries. Almost like the unisex/masculine complement to Horny.

The ending drydown of this is a very smooth, slightly sweet musk. The smoke amps up very loudly in the middle of wearing this. I really love the ending but I can't wait through the middle of this.

Nic lost his mind over this one so I left him the sample. One of the woods amped on me and made it to sharp and masculine but it smelled amazing on him. I never really got blueberry at all! I did get maple which does not appear to be in there. It smelled like a very masculine Occo Blue to me. Too sharp on the skin for me but I kept smelling it wafting around his house and it was gorgeous. I'll get him a spray for Christmas.

Also I didn't really smell any spices but he did. He said it smelled Christmassy.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

I wore this for the first time today. I was so excited to try this one! I thought I had an idea of what it would smell like but I was so surprised that it was oh so much better.

Initially it started out with the blueberry and woods as the strongest scents. The blueberry isn't a sweet sticky blueberry and it mellowed out fairly quickly. Spices and woods started to become the most dominant. It was boardering becoming a little too masculine for me but then they mellowed and the smoke became a little more prominent and slowly the blueberry came back. It's turned into this smoky blueberry musk with a base of spicy woods. OMG! IT'S AMAZING! I wish my SO wore cologne because I would insist that he wear this. I know I'll be wearing it a lot! I think I've found a new LP Love.

Edited by tink333

Blue Smoke is the vial that I kept returning to again and again to "test" - it is sexy and hypnotic. And that's on ME. Admittedly I do like many of Mara's manscents, but I didn't remember this one being "for men" until I couldn't find it in the Review threads! Now that I consider it unisex, I definitely want to see if my SO goes for this, because I think it will be incredible on a man. I absolutely love theway the scent kind of floats around in an ethereal way - pulling me in for another huff. More than just having "throw" - it kind of sneaks up on you when you least expect it. Very sexy.

Ermahgerd.. I love this one! I totally love it on me. It's rich and sweet, and almost chewy somehow. Masculine woods and spices. A hint of sweet berry (after the initial sweet blast)

I can't wait to try it on Mr Perfect though... yum!

• 3 weeks later...

I was not sure what to think of this one at first with the blueberry note. everything else looked perfect but why is a guy supposed to smell like a blueberry? I am not much into foodie scents overall or maybe I watched the old "Willie Wonka" movie too many times over the years haha so I had the slightest of doubts.

I will tell you that when the scent first goes on, I can smell the blueberry while it is wet. It gives the scent a very unique sweetness to offset the richness of the mahogany and oak and the spiciness of whatever spices are in there. Once the scent dries down, on my skin the blueberry note dried down but it morphed into a sweet note I could not quite put my finger on. In fact at one point, if i had not known it was blueberry, I might have almost thought it was a deeper maple syrup note. Then much later the sweetness disappeared entirely and only the depth of the woods and musk and spices remained. At that point it almost made me think of North Pole.

I am glad I got a sample and plan on purchasing a full bottle of this. This is a wonderful Fall/Winter kind of scent. This would be perfect around a fire pit, fireplace or some kind of seasonal get-together, even if that only involved two people.

• 2 weeks later...

At first I get blueberries and something almost like maple syrup but not as sweet--not sure where the maple syrup vibe is coming from but it might just be the blueberry interacting with one of the other notes on my skin. As it dries down the woods become more prominent (though the blueberry always remains at the front), turning into something that makes me think of a blueberry pie being left to cool on the window of a house in the middle of the woods, with wisps of smoke rising from the chimney. There is the barest hint of spice, but I don't amp it.

I have never, ever come across a smoky blueberry scent in all the years I've been perfume-whoring, but this one just works (and it's not too masculine at all on me either).

I've got to agree with QG for the most part. This smells very good...after a handful of minutes. That Blueberry jumps off the stage to make it's appearance known right away! It takes charge. Then it mellows out depending on where I applied it. In the crook of my elbow the blueberry lasts longer then on my wrist pulse points. My wrists have taken on the North Pole sexiness/spiciness that both luna and QG have noticed as well. I like it better when the blueberry fades.

The spices or woods are definitely in line with North Pole, but dang it, I love the Ginger in North Pole too much.

Blue Smoke is yum. But having a full bottle of North Pole, I know I would reach for North Pole 5 out of 6 times instead of this. That's how much I like whiffing North Pole!

I thought this scent was so unique, that I went FB. I had nothing with blueberry in it. Yes, you do get a blueberry blast, but it mellows down soon. I ended with a slightly spicy black musk in the end, but the blueberry for me was always in the background. I feel it is just on the feminine border of being masculine, but definitely on the feminine side. I may try it on the husband, but I think the other scents I've set aside for him are more what I want him to smell like. I would like to congratulate Mara on one of the most unique scents I've encountered so far. And the name...I said it out loud to my daughter and got it -- Blue (blew) Smoke?

I was so sure that this was one I could enjoy sampling and wouldn't need a full bottle, because blueberry! Not really my thing! And then when I was putting my November order together, a bottle of this somehow snuck into my shopping cart....

This one has been haunting me and out of all my bottles from this last order I seem to be reaching for this the most often. I especially love it as a sleep scent -- when the wet blueberry blast goes on, everything in me relaxes and let's go. And then that complex smoky musk of the long drydown is just so captivating!

• 2 months later...

My son asked for a new LPMP scent for Valentine's Day :hearts09780:

I started researching. He adores Raspberry Chiffon (has 2 bottles of it) and my NOX but that has pheros so I was looking for another berry-scented unpheroed option for him. I used the search /suggest function and Blue Smoke came up along with several others. I let him try several of my samples. This one he loved IMMEDIATELY, so much so he kept sniffing it at the application site and spilled the rest of my sample vial onto the kitchen counter from turning his hand. Which my daughter then proceeded to mop up with her forearms because she was loving on it hard as well.

None of us of us have a finely tunes nose. We just know what we like. I agree with the autumnal scent description. The smoke element is light, and gives such an interesting background to the berry. This is definitely a step into a more grown-up version of a berry scent for my son, and I'm very excited about his choice. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone !!

I get a hit of blueberry when wet. The tart berry note quickly becomes syrup-y. I envision a pot of blueberries simmering in a pot over a crackling fire. Smoky woods with a rich, sweet blueberry reduction. I like wearing Blue Smoke, but can't wait to get hubby to wear it for me.

• 5 months later...

Good lord, I love this one. Just smoky, lightly spicy, woodsy perfection, all with an undercurrent of ripe juicy blueberries. It's an amazing scent and I'm so glad and grateful I managed to nab a bottle! I would call this one unisex with a masculine slant. Something about the woods in it tips the scale for me, I think. It's not too manly for me to wear out of the house, though (but as always, your personal mileage may vary).

What really sets this one apart for me (besides the blueberries; this is my first and only blueberry scent!) is that it falls under that wonderful category of "fruity without being foody." I have realized that while I do not really enjoy wearing fruity edible-smelling scents (with the sole exception of LP frais citron, which is saved for me by the less gourmand drydown), I like fruity notes just fine when they're not too sweet and don't leave me smelling like a dessert or a beverage or something like that. It's kind of a shame because my man would prefer me to smell like pie filling 24/7 and I just can't do it. But I love scents like this one.

I thought this scent was so unique, that I went FB. I had nothing with blueberry in it. Yes, you do get a blueberry blast, but it mellows down soon. I ended with a slightly spicy black musk in the end, but the blueberry for me was always in the background.

I differ from Memorare -- I feel it is just on the feminine border of being masculine, but definitely on the feminine side. I may try it on the husband, but I think the other scents I've set aside for him are more what I want him to smell like. I would like to congratulate Mara on one of the most unique scents I've encountered so far. And the name...I said it out loud to my daughter and realized -- Blue (as in blew) Smoke?