Candy House

Beccah

AD-CandyHouse_1.jpg

Candy House

Our delicious pumpkin candy scent is eerily edible (but seriously, please do not eat it)! A blend of six types of pumpkin oils - a balance of the fresh-cut and the spiced - sweetened with a mixture of pink, brown and caramelized sugar notes, a dollop of creamy vanilla and a base of sweet amber. This one is ALL treat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

I was drawn to this one... Pumpkin. Candy House. My type of scent! First applied, I get a buttery and sugar glazed pumpkin. Very sugary and sweet but not heavy or syrup-like. After wearing it for awhile now, it did what most spice notes do on me and it amped like crazy. All the sugar and vanilla is gone. I'm left with a very cinnamon pumpkin. It's almost like those Red Hot candies. BUT, my skin chemistry does this to cinnamon notes all the time. It might be less spicy on others whose skin doesn't amp spice to the moon.

Before it got all spice crazy, I really enjoyed it. I still like it, just not on me- maybe I'll put some in a scent locket or in my oil/wax melter to scent my house.

I was drawn to this one... Pumpkin. Candy House. My type of scent! First applied, I get a buttery and sugar glazed pumpkin. Very sugary and sweet but not heavy or syrup-like. After wearing it for awhile now, it did what most spice notes do on me and it amped like crazy. All the sugar and vanilla is gone. I'm left with a very cinnamon pumpkin. It's almost like those Red Hot candies. BUT, my skin chemistry does this to cinnamon notes all the time. It might be less spicy on others whose skin doesn't amp spice to the moon.

Before it got all spice crazy, I really enjoyed it. I still like it, just not on me- maybe I'll put some in a scent locket or in my oil/wax melter to scent my house.

Good! (not for you for me LOL) This says Raq all over it. I don't think I've had a scent with pumpkin AND a lot of spice so I'm excited for this. Usually anything Amber amps on me so I think the vanilla and sugar will counteract that.

The pink and the spice together remind me of Pink Elf. Its like a Halloween version. I love Pink Elf and I am really liking this. Its perhaps a little smoother, the gingerbread in Pink Elf has a little more bite. This reminds me of sweet pumpkin cookies or something. Very Yummy!

Pumpkin, sweet and spicy~but not over the top~ beautiful warmth wafting from this candy house. Within a few moments, vanilla and a buttery richness arrive, adding depth. As with most pumpkin and spice scents, I cannot keep from snuffling my arm. The sugar lifts the cinnamon to happiness level five, so middle of the spectrum, not off the charts.

As time goes on, just as in baking a pumpkin pie, the spice backs down, allowing the pumpkin to become richer and more defined. At 30 minutes, the entire solution settles into a perfect blend. I will continie this review in the couple of hours as the scent continues to develop.

ETA: The tail end here is cinnamon, but a dryer version than what first appeared.The final scent reminds me of those yummy cinnamon toothpicks we used to make as kids.

Edited by Wanderlust

I ended up trying a dab of all the 2015 'Weenies' yesterday (all over my arms and hands) in shifts, and this was my favorite -- maybe tied with Titian Sweet. A simple, yummy pumpkin scent that, luckily didn't just dwindle down to pumpkin pies spices on me. It actually leaned more to a candy pumpkin on me almost reminding me of butterscotch. I actually felt as though it could carry over into the Christmas season, it reminded me of Christmas. This is the one I will likely go FB on as I don't really have a simple pumpkin scent.

For me this is another one I loved in the vial, so yummy, pumpkin cupcakes! On me, it becomes more of a creamy cinnamon kind of scent, sort of like Buns of Cinn but spicier. It wears fairly soft, which surprises me because spice normally amps on me, but I'm betting if it was layered with another vanilla note, or one with maple (like Hungry Heart, maybe), it would be truly scrumptious.

I'm getting a lot more of the sweetness off of this one, which is a surprise as I usually amp the spices. I'd love to have a 'next-gen' Buns of Cinn, as that one has mellowed SO much, the cinnamon is no longer as prevalent as I like. :(

On me, this is that wonderful whiff when you stick your head into the pillowcase of freshly trick-or-treated goodies, omyum!

Tried this one on this morning. At first it was great. Spicy sweetness and pumpkin. I thought I was going to get away with this one inspite of all the cinnamon amping reviews.

On the long dry down this one heats up on my skin and there goes the cinnamon. I get a very strong candied hot cinnamon that continues to burn for the rest of the life of the scent. :(

My skin amps spice like crazy. Even the nutmeg in La Syl gets to be to much after a while.

I wish I could keep that sweet happy fresh on pumpkin sweetness forever. Oh well

Edited by StacyK

So I did not even notice this had cinnamon in it. I put it on tonight, and OMG...

Recently I fell in love with Red Fyre. This is Red Fyre's sweet little sister. It's cinnamon mostly, but sweetened up for the holiday. Yum!!!

So weird, every other note excepting the vanilla & sugar mostly disappeared on me when I wore this. I seriously walked around smelling like frosting yesterday.

I wonder if something went amiss with my sample because it is PEEEEEENK. Pointily pink, like Pom Pom Om Nom Nom Nom or whatever the name was, too lazy to check. And candied lemon peel. It has an edge. Highly bizarre

Tyvey I get that too! The first thing I thought of was Sinister Pink and Pom Pom NN. A chewy spicy pink that makes my teeth kind hurt. The pumpkin note is hard for me to pick out only because I get fixated on the sheer sweetness. After about an hour I got a little more pumpkin feel, with the spice/cinnamon defnitely peeking through. But straight out of the vial - I do get the PANK STANK.

• 3 weeks later...

This was my favorite for Oct. It starts out all creamy delicious pumpkin and although the cinnamon does come out after dry down, I didn't amp it like some others that I have. I love the creamy, iced cookie fragrance while it's still wet and drying down. This would make my place smell dreamy in an oil warmer - but I want to smell like this way more so I'm keeping it all for me! ^_^

• 1 month later...

I know nutmeg isn't a note, but that's pretty much what I have left after several minutes (considering this set of notes, not surprising that this might end up smelling like nutmeg on some people)--I smell like the inside of a Christmas store, heh.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 5 weeks later...