Supernatural w/Aja

Beccah

AD-Supernatural_1.jpg

Supernatural w/Aja

A blend of delicate herbal and white tea notes form the latticework for this delectable honeyed lemon brew... organic bee pollen and several types of flower honey (cactus, wildflower and orange blossom), plus our honey-sweet natural copulin analog AJA, and a generous squeeze of the ol' fresh tart - the exhilarant lemon – an attractor of spirits; the scent a gateway into their realm. Stimulating and tantalizing for those of both spirit and flesh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

My hands-down favorite of the October collection. I decided not to read any of the descriptions and to just let each scent speak to me. This wears on me in a very energetically interesting way, like a veil of positive yellow energy that moves in the breeze. It definitely has this sort of "ohhhh that is so unusual and pretty, ohhhh I need to smell that again" quality to it. On me, it's lemon-forward on application and then more like a delicious spicey honey scent, possibly even with musk. The Aja to me is light but then I've made friends with Aja over the last months and am super fond of it. Perhaps it's the Aja that gives it this 'moving' quality. It feels alive and I absolutely adore that in some of LPMP's perfumes. I think "Supernatural" is an excellent name for it. It's ethereal and sensual. Don't get hung up on the idea that this smells like tea. It's soooo much more than that !

I was exactly hung up on the idea that this was going to smell like tea. :) I am glad you like it. I ordered the Weenie sampler so I am prepared to be surprised! :)

Just ordered a FB based on the review. I too thought it would be tea. So glad the drydown may be spicy honey. Seriously don't know how many honey scents I can keep ordering before I have to join that 12 step honey ho program.

This is spot on honeyed lemon tea for me. The lemon and tea notes waft light and delicate, and being a southern gal, I felt a rush of familiarity and warm positive associations. Because of that it feels more summery to me than fall. I love how simple and satisfying this scent feels.

A tea note/accord can have a really fresh, airy kind of aura in a blend, that's why I enjoy tea-based scents as a rule. And the type of tea in this one has that kind of character for me, but yes, it's not literal/linear in the same way Psychic Eye is, for example. It has a sophisticated, almost floral evocation for me. I think the inclusion of Aja also contributes to the mood, it's not a sticky-sweet kind of honey in this one and maybe steers the entire honey accord in general away from that association. I really like this, even beyond being a "visit with a psychic in the parlour" kind of scent, this is also a "genteel garden party with lacy dresses and white gloves" kind of scent. In other words, what I categorize as a I AM A GROWN-UP LADY scent which I would actually wear and not feel like a fraud, lol.

This started as © Ricola Lemon and Honey. Not a bad thing. I never presuppose any scent. I just go with it. Once the herbal settled down, I was left with a bit of bittered lemon peel and a honey that is sweet, not raw. This is , on me at least, a meditative scent, or one I'd wear in a setting that requires a calm, yet sraightforward approach. Clean, without soapiness. Warm without 'come hither' scent. Herbal without bite. Calm and clean.

Edited by Wanderlust

I like this a lot. It's comforting in an herbal sort of way. And like Wendy said, clean without being soapy. I'm getting a bright lemon tea with a sweet honey. It literally smells like a cup of hot tea. I can picture myself snuggled in a big cozy blanket, watching the wind and rain blow outside while I inhale the steam from my hot mug of tea. Aja has always been good to me. So I'm loving the honey in this. This scent is the one that's surprised me out of this Weenie bunch.

Edited by hearts

I am wearing this again tonight and am loving it even more. Tonight it smells more soft herbal lemony honey than tea. I just love it. It def isn't a fall scent for me but I'm going to go FB and look forward to a ripe bottle in the spring.

The longer it's on, the lovelier it gets. It's a simple and beautiful fragrance, and I'm wondering now what straight Aja smells like. Adding it to my next order...!

Edited by rain_dancer

Supernatural is sublime! I totally get why people are saying this reads as herbal. The opening combo of lemon and tea almost smells grassy. Something a bit green in there. Like lemon balm instead of just straight lemon. The citrus note here is just gorgeous. The combination of tea, lemon and Aja really reminds me of one of those half iced tea half lemonade drinks. Sweetened with a rich honey. Very straightforward notes but blended beautifully to become a complex perfume whose sum is greater than it's parts. As it dries down the Aja really becomes more assertive. In a sexy, slinky, sticky kind of way. Suddenly afternoon tea isn't as innocent. But it never goes full blown smutty. I'm going to wear this a few more times to be sure but I think I need a full bottle of this beauty.

So many fun and eloquent reviews on this one -- I haven't much to add except to report that this is very much lemon tea on me, quiet and subtle but with a slightly feral undercurrent weaving through the civility and Sunday parlor! Halo is spot on with her "lemon balm instead of straight lemon" observation -- I definitely got a hint of fresh plants waving in the breeze.

luna65, you expressed that so much better than I. Yes, there is the essence of tea here but it's so much more. I ordered this in a spray with half Dom and half epi. I love it that much. I want to be surrounded by it. It vibrates at a high rate, very uplifting, beautiful, unusual.

Essence of (green) tea! That's what it is. I couldn't pin point on what it reminded me of. Now I know: Tabby, but it also has a floral aspect to it, like in Betrothal potion. As it lingers on my skin, a slight powdery note emerges.

Ok, tried this one again last night before bed. Wow, this is completely different since I tried it last. Travel shock is completely gone. NO Ricola Cough Drop at all. Honey and lemon infused tea with transcendent Ahhhhhhh-ja. I liked this a few days after it arrived. I LOVE it today!

This has moved from a meditative scent to a close-to-the-skin calming scent. Aja always has a lux feel on my skin. Combine that with the soft honey and this creates a feeling of lounging in warm silk pajamas, snuggled in front of the fire with a cuppa and a twist of lemon. Pure bliss.

luna65, you expressed that so much better than I. Yes, there is the essence of tea here but it's so much more. I ordered this in a spray with half Dom and half epi. I love it that much. I want to be surrounded by it. It vibrates at a high rate, very uplifting, beautiful, unusual.

Half Dom combined with a half Epi boost? Wow!

What's that like? I'd be afraid I'd chew someone's face off or at the least fell very comfortable holding a whip. :)

Hi StacyK,

it makes me feel confident at work, yet approachable. Much like SWS, actually. I wear it when I'm having an important meeting to go to where I don't care about teamwork as much as really needing to be in charge. This scent softens the message and makes me feel calm. It's also light enough to be office-friendly in small quantities. I've never gotten aggressive with Dominance, only with heavy none formulas from other companies before I found LPMP :)

This was a nice surprise of the October bunch. Wet, I definitely get the lemon and honey, then it becomes very green smelling on me... not green tea, but that edginess of fresh cut stems, leaves, etc. It has that same initial "twang" (is that even a word??) that Coquette has for me - not a bad thing, but not subtle at all. I suppose this is the same 'herbal' note some of you are getting. I will say that after an hour, I can still smell the honey/lemon and the edginess has calmed down to a layer of wet tea leaves that give it a nice earthy feel. Amazing blend that changes as it wears on.

• 4 weeks later...

I so wanted to like this one, even though it contains Benzoin, which I KNOW is always sadly, a NO NO on me, and also Dragon's Blood, which is a tree bark resin and I KNOW I can't wear woody scents. But did THAT stop me from ordering a FB of this???? Nooooooo... I was so determined to MAKE it work! The blend is so wonderfully complex and fascinating! So many layers and so much depth! OK, lesson learned. Rose caan NOT will scents to work on her even if she is head over heels in love with the IDEA of them! Talk about a reality check!

It smelled beautiful and mysterious, in a very witchy sort of way, in the bottle ( which is a good part of why I wanted it so badly), but the minute Supernatural and my skin met, it was sadly, a head on collision in chemistry. This one is a winner imo, the problem is with my skin's PH, which is becoming curiouser and curiouser, seemingly with each passing day. :(

If you are looking for everything that I described above, complexity, depth, mystery, a touch of sorcery, and you have the PH to pull off these notes, then this is sure to be all that you hope for, and then some. But for me, alas... I fear not. I do encourage others to give it a try though, as this is one fascinating blend!

Thank you, luna! I realized this only minutes ago, and was on my way here to correct myself. Okay, everyone..please apply the above review to BEWITCHING HOUR! This is my brain in pre holiday stress mode. Please forgive my faux pas! Everthing that I wrote,I stand by...only again, with BEWITCHING HOUR in mind. LOLing @ myself, but really, so sorry for the confusion! Geesh!

This wasn't high on my radar, not being a big fan of lemon usually, til I saw it being noted as a favorite of the month, and the intriguing variety in the above reviews. I put it on and it was instant love. It is the first thing with Aja that I unreservedly loved at the first moment. Though I know a thing by definition can't be 'more' or 'less' unique than anything else, if it could, this would be even more unique than the usual uniqueness of LPs :) Its vibe is high-end and grown-up and delicious. It is sunflower-yellow and cheerful and very daytime-feeling on me. It also sometimes made me think of L'Occitane, probably because they have a verbena that this was reminding me of, but I like this MUCH!! more. The Aja was not detectable to my nose, but was probably what was giving it a purring undertone.

All that was wet and drying down. In later and very late drydown the tea came out more and started reminding me of things like Port Jolie, and in the very end it was just the Aja hanging on as is her wont. Even then I like it better than in anything else I've tried it in.

• 4 months later...

This is getting even more gorgeous and complex as the months go by. My spray bottle is much cherished. To me, this smells easily as though it had 8-10 ingredients in it. It morphs and flows THAT much. I'd have to say it's one of my Tope 5 Favorites from 2015.

• 1 year later...

This is floral, honey tea with a little bit of spice. Reminds me of a craft store. The honey is tempered and not dirty. I am not sure where the spice comes from, maybe there is vanilla in this? It almost reminds me of a cookie, yummy, better than I expected. It is equal parts honey, lemon tea, and floral with a cookie spice. It’s reminiscent of 221B to me. I thought this would be a fresh honey scent, but it smells more Autumn to my nose. I think it is a really good carrier for Aja.

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone, Happy Thanksgiving !

Looking back, I've posted quite a lot on this thread, which is quite a feat because I rarely post.

I am STILL loving this creation. I've had Mara make me another batch with Supernatural and Dominance and then added the epi later per her instructions. I'm still getting that same magickal uplifting yet grounding quality with this blend. I'd say the Dominance activates my root chakra and the epi my heart, and the Supernatural particularly with the Aja activates my third eye and crown.

Since Mara first introduced us to Aja, I've been playing with it on my own. But I suspect I'm just too heavy-handed with it. Like so many of us keep saying: "it's wonderfully balanced". Yes, I do believe in magick !!

• 2 weeks later...