Titian Sweet

Beccah

AD-TitianSweet_1.jpg

Titian Sweet

A delectable bevy of citrus EOs - tangerine, clementine and mandarin - drowned in a sticky-sweet Halloweenie swamp of melted caramel and maple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

We had this tub of caramel from the market that we got last October for dipping apples and we never used it. One recent day, EBIL! struck, and I put a dollop on top of my orange sherbet. OMG, DO IT!!!! It's awesome! And it spawned this yummiosity...

I LOVE this! The citrus oils are really reminding me of what was used in my Mama Lion. Drydown is delicious. A very light orange sherbet with warm maple sugar. I think I might need a FB of this one.

Edited by hearts

This is delicious! When I put it on, I hadn't reminded myself what the notes were. It seemed like fruity baked goods, but I didn't immediately recognize orange.The orange seems much milder than Darling Clementine (which I liked but the orange was overwhelming).

This is one of those LP anomaly perfumes for me. I do not like caramel or maple. But I like this! There are only a rare few perfumes that have either of those notes that I like and in those I can't smell the offending notes past the first few minutes. This is the first perfume where there is a strong caramel presence and I still like it. The Orange is pretty mellow. I love citrus. It's pretty simple really. Warm gooey candied citrus. Smells very familiar in that it has that LP smell to me. Also has a lot of throw.

I know what you mean halo, maple tends to amp like crazy on me. A few times it has sent me running to scrub off the offending scent. But the maple is tame like the orange in this.

OMG YUM!

The orange accord is surrounded by the caramel, so it's like simultaneously experiencing both qualities as separate and blended. For me the maple provides a kind of smokiness which is interesting, it intensifies the burnt aspect of the caramel. This was a faboo idea for sure, I like it in the same way that I like Cotton Candy Clouds: the brightness of the fruit combined with the warmth of the sugars.

This is a perfect example of how sometimes, out of nowhere, a scent you think you mayn't be able to wear pleasantly surprises you. Maple can be loud, working against my skin instead of with it. Not this time. Every note showed up and played the sweetest tune. The orange introduced the main players and then faded into the background. The maple, sugar, and amber (sometimes also an iffy character, truth be told) melded together beautifully. During dry down, there was the slightest hint of damp concrete after rain~which was likely supposed to be smoked sugar, but my nose..well, my nose..anyway, that was a lovely touch. For a moment I got an image of a rainy autumn day stroll, accompanied by a caramel latte. Once all was settled, what remained was a silken caramel cream, with perhaps the faintest hint of maple. Beautiful scent, and honestly, one I'd wear year round.

This was the other 2015 'Weenie that I really like. And I never thought the combo of orange and caramel would work! I only had a tiny swipe one and it lingered. It bloomed from a strong beautiful orange scent and dried down into the wonderful caramel drydown that Mara does. I love smelling like her caramel drydown. I don't know how she gets a beautiful caramel out of maple, but this one is. Maple can be a little overwhelming, heavy, and pancake-like, but this one really dried down to a true yummy caramel. I almost got a honey overtone, I think due to the multiple orange presence. I'm not sure what season I'd wear this in...Ultimately, it's a bright sunny caramel. Another simple scent I might need a full bottle of.

OMMMM nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom.

Even though it says MAPLE, I persistently expected this might be like an orange Kittenish, or else like candied oranges covered in goopy opaque caramel. It's neither! It's super translucent to the point of almost being clear. It's light. It's REFRESHING. The commercial for it would be shot from a very low angle and be full of people grinning and holding hands and jumping around in the spring sunlight in a meadow. It's super thin FRESH ripe orange slices and a really light, not overly sweet caramel. It doesn't read as maple to me at all. Just a "light spring caramel" the way "light spring honey" is to other types of honey. Kids would flip for it. This would be the best scent for a shower gel or shampoo, ever. It faded really fast on me but again I think that's my dry skin's fault.

I randomly grabbed Titian Sweet out of the bag of samples today. I had no expectations for it. The orange / caramel combo has pleasantly surprised me. I do like citrus to brighten really sweet notes, that I can sometimes find cloying. I usually don't think of orange though. I think I would prefer this scent in lotion or wax tart form.

Edited by Beccah

This is a bright, warm, caramelized crust of sugary goodness.

The colorful fall warmth this envokes really has the scent & feel living up to the name.

Its evocation of fall color and that crunchy sugar just promise to make this an excellent layering partner.

I'm wearing this with a deep Autumn scent and it's just a match made in heavenly Fall.

• 2 months later...

I never thought orange and a caramel scent would smell sooo good! Bright, tangy orange perfectly balanced with gooey, rich caramel. During wear the amber gives a smoky quality with a hint of spice. This is delicious and so fun to wear!

• 1 month later...

I really wanted to like this one, but I have one of those skin types that hangs on to the loudest smell and amplifies it. I honestly did not like it at first, but then after a while it toned down to a very caramel-like scent that I did like. I just don't think that I could wear it for a couple hours every time I put it on before I like it. I would try this in layering though. Any suggestions? I'm new to all of that.

Edited by KitKat

• 2 years later...

I am another that really wanted to love this one, because orange! I love orange. But the maple came out and ate all the orange and now I smell like a maple sugar factory and I am afraid to go outside in case I attract every bear within 500 miles. 

I am somewhat relieved, though--this means I don't need a full bottle and I save a bit of money! 

Edited by Lainey