Private Editions for October 2015

I'll be back later to add descripts!

AD-PE-Harrison.jpg

Harrison's Private Edition

Harrison asked for a raisin-tobacco scent, and I think I hit this one spot on. A base of non-foody vanilla blended with cured tobacco and roasted tea leaves, layered with a thick raisin note and a few drops of bourbon. I think this will be fabulously sexy on a man. I'd wear it too.

5 bottles available

(Luna, Spoonki, QuietGuy, Katz, Invi)

AD-PE-TyveyES.jpg

Tyvey's Eternal Summer

A base of sun-tanny black coconut oil and a soft white skin musk, lightly sweetened with smoked sugar cane and powdered sugar, and a hint of sea salt. It smells just like skin after you've been on the beach all day!

7 bottles available

(Birkeys x2, Invi, JLisa, Maililyahn, SeaJam, Blackcat) Tyvey

AD-PE-LovestruckHB.jpg

Lovestruck's Honeyed Blackberry

This one is based upon a body butter that Lovestruck adores and wanted something similar in a PE. It's very simple, just notes of lightly spiced blackberry and 2 kinds of sweet light honey - Spring and Orange Blossom - and a few drops of sweet amber in the base.

No bottles left of the original brew, but if people want, I can make more to share.

0 bottles available

(Invi, Maililyahn

AD-PE-InviOL.jpg

Invidiana's October Laundry

Label by Invidiana!

This one came out exactly as Invi envisioned. Here's her notes:

"October Laundry was actually inspired by biking outside around mid-late October. I always smelled fresh linens from the neighbors' (the detergent they used had some sort of nonfoody vanilla-ish thing going on) mingling with the woodsmoke from their chimneys and dry leaves piled up at the curb. So the notes are actually linen, nonfoody vanilla, dry leaves, woodsmoke and--of course I had to ask Mara to add just a drop of pumpkin to it."

^^What she said^^. A base of non-foody vanilla, layered with the scent of dry leaves, linen, woodsmoke and a dash of fleshy (not spicy) pumpkin.

7 bottles available

(Blackcat x2, Seajam, Maililyahn, Baroness

AD-PE-InviFP.jpg

Invidiana's Frost on the Pumpkin

Label by Invidiana!

As Invi describes...."Sweet pumpkin flesh with a frosty note and the barest hint of spice, with drops of medium sweet amber and nonfoody vanilla to ground. I wanted it to evoke the spirit of post-Halloween pumpkins glittering with the first crystals of frost."

A base of non-foody vanilla, and a fleshy (barely spicy) pumpkin, a drop of sweet amber in the base, and for the frosty note, I combined 1 drop each of mistletoe, mint and pine.

7 bottles available

AD-PE-LinaILA.jpg

Lina's I :heart: Autumn

Lina says: "My vision was a cool Autumn day, walking under maple trees, smelling bonfire smoke with a hint of marshmallows- and a touch of fall pumpkin in the air. I asked for more atmospheric than foodie for that one. Maple, leaves, toasted marshmallow and pumpkin."

Ingredients: Dry leaves and woods, combined with hints of maple, marshmallow, pumpkin and woodsmoke.

2 bottles available

(Invi, Blackcat)

AD-PE-LinaILH.jpg

Lina's I :heart: Halloween

Get it? Hearts? :lol:

Lina asked for: "Totally foodie- pumpkin cupcake style. Pumpkin, cream cheese frosting, walnut and brown sugar "

I started with buttery pumpkin notes as Lina suggested in her email to me, blended with a few diff kinds of cream cheese and buttercream frosting oils, brown sugar, and drops of walnut and pecan. Super sweet and buttery, like fresh out of the oven!

6 bottles available

(Invi, Blackcat, Baroness

AD-PE-Musk.jpg

Out of this World Musk

Hello, Dolly? :)

Dolly sent me a precious sample of an old favorite of hers, and many other people's as well. I have made variants of this perfume 4 or 5 times over the years per request, always a slightly different recipe, but always extremely close to the original. It goes very fast every time I make this, so this time I made a bunch to share. The ingredients are simply layers of musks and a hint of vanilla. A timeless classic.

20 bottles available

(StacyK, Birkeys x2, Phergineer, Luna, SeaJam, Robert, Invi, Halo, Blackcat

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The descriptions for mine are in that fall scent thread under Your Potion Ideas. I'm just too lazy to dig for them at this hour. I think Honeyed Blackberry, I Heart Autumn and I Heart Halloween are also calling my name. Lina (Hearts) has her description for one of them in that thread too, but I don't think she specified which one. And I'm deathly curious to know about Harrison and whether or not it really is beer like the label suggests.

Edited by Invidiana

Mara! Woman, what kind of batteries do you run on, and how do you keep them charged?!

Hi all! Harrison is a raisin-scented tobacco scent with a nod to our Irish and Scottish family heritage..no beer here. ;)

Mara is the genius behind this label. I'll let her tell you the rest. I bounced around several notes with her and..as always..she came up with a vision that nailed the concept.

Edited by Wanderlust

OMG I heart my labels Mara!!!!!! Haha XOXOXO

I Heart Autumn is probably one of my favorite labels ever. I love owls and the little pumpkin head cutie.

Are we reserving yet? Because I need an October Laundry...

The notes for mine are in the "Autumn in a Bottle" thread.

Edited by hearts

Yes, Invi! Get in here!!

Actually...I'm really not sure how I will pick this month! They all look like they belong in my house!

Okay, okay, a little more awake now. :lol:

October Laundry was actually inspired by biking outside around mid-late October. I always smelled fresh linens from the neighbors' (the detergent they used had some sort of nonfoody vanilla-ish thing going on) mingling with the woodsmoke from their chimneys and dry leaves piled up at the curb. So the notes are actually linen, nonfoody vanilla, dry leaves, woodsmoke and--of course I had to ask Mara to add just a drop of pumpkin to it. The other one, Frost on the Pumpkin, is exactly as it sounds: sweet pumpkin flesh with a frosty note and the barest hint of spice, with drops of medium sweet amber and nonfoody vanilla to ground. I wanted it to evoke the spirit of post-Halloween pumpkins glittering with the first crystals of frost.

Oh, these all look spectacular gorgeous!!! Congrats to everyone for the autumnal October-ish splendor!

And if we are starting to line up for reservations:

I already know I desperately want a bottle of Invi's October Laundry!

I may add to that when full descriptions post!

Congrats again everyone!

HARRISON is absolutely NOT a candle scent. This one was a PE for the gents imagined by my 23-year-old son, Harrison. I'll let Mara explain whether this could go unisex, or no.

The original idea for this scent is under YOUR POTION IDEAS in the subthread Your PE Ideas, under the title New Scent for the Guys.

Edited by Wanderlust

um i JUST placed my order - how on earth did it make it in here?? incredible! for ETERNAL SUMMER I asked for: " suntan lotion coconut, steamy bikini's smoked sugarcane, the Scented Cougar musk, a tiny bit of salt"

um i JUST placed my order - how on earth did it make it in here?? incredible! for ETERNAL SUMMER I asked for: " suntan lotion coconut, steamy bikini's smoked sugarcane, the Scented Cougar musk, a tiny bit of salt"

WOW! Sounds so delish!! They all have me intrigued!! I was trying to be so good and save for the Pheromas coming next month and now...??!! lol

I don't know if we are able to reserve yet, but if there are extras of Eternal Summer I would love one! I snagged 3 Steamy Bikinis...it's fab!! :D

Oh, that sounds really nice...and I love the label.

I need to save for Pheromas, though. :(

AD-PE-Musk.jpg

Out of this World Musk

Hello, Dolly? :)

OH YAY!

Guys and gals, any of you who, like me, had a "thing" for the original Coty Wild Musk Oil, you know that it can no longer be found, and the spray is just not the same!! I have a small amount of the oil, and sent Mara a sample, and she made her version! YAY YAY YAY! Can't wait to try it!!!

Edited by Dolly

Because it seems like everyone is already putting in requests and I have to get to work, I am going to just take my chances. With LP's you can almost never go wrong anyway. :)

May I reserve

October Laundry

Honeyed Blackberry

Eternal Summer

If there are any extras of Out Of This World Musk I would like one please....why is it that I can never be good when Mara is concerned??!! lol I try so hard...;):D

OH YAY!

Guys and gals, any of you who, like me, had a "thing" for the original Coty Wild Musk Oil, you know that it can no longer be found, and the spray is just not the same!! I have a small amount of the oil, and sent Mara a sample, and she made her version! YAY YAY YAY! Can't wait to try it!!!

Congratulations Dolly! What a cool idea!!