Removing EST smell?

Hello ladies about 3 days ago I used some EST on my mom. I used 1 spray on her hair by the back of her neck. Well 3 days later the smell wont go away and it smells like pee even after she washes her hair like 5 times. I keep covering her hair with different oil perfumes to at least cover up the smell but my sisters and I can smell it and very strongly.

Any ideas on how to remove that smell Im sure it will within a few more shampoos. I just want to know for the future use of it.

I know the other company uses some sort of light neroli scent to cover up the stink that some of these pheros have. Have you guys considered doing that as well because WOW this EST stink is horrible.

Hello ladies about 3 days ago I used some EST on my mom. I used 1 spray on her hair by the back of her neck. Well 3 days later the smell wont go away and it smells like pee even after she washes her hair like 5 times. I keep covering her hair with different oil perfumes to at least cover up the smell but my sisters and I can smell it and very strongly.

Any ideas on how to remove that smell Im sure it will within a few more shampoos. I just want to know for the future use of it.

I know the other company uses some sort of light neroli scent to cover up the stink that some of these pheros have. Have you guys considered doing that as well because WOW this EST stink is horrible.

Why don't you try putting some in a small atomizer, and putting a few drops of one of the lighter smelling LP's in it? It would be the same as putting light neroli in it, but will smell a HECK of a lot better.......

Edited by Dolly

Good idea Dolly. Is that normal for the smell to last that long? I mean my mom washed her hair so many times with all different shampoos and the smell was still in her hair only with 1 spray.

oh and for mixing the oil and alcohol will they mix well? or will a couple shakes before a spritz do the trick?

Vivica, this is *exactly* what happened to me too! Except it was my (very odd) boyfriend who smelled it on me *DAYS* later! I kept washing and applying unoffensive scents...strong stuff.

Good idea Dolly. Is that normal for the smell to last that long? I mean my mom washed her hair so many times with all different shampoos and the smell was still in her hair only with 1 spray.

oh and for mixing the oil and alcohol will they mix well? or will a couple shakes before a spritz do the trick?

Well, the stuff that we are getting here is MUCH more potent than what was being sold at the other place....so, yeah.....it is going to smell. As fas as the oil & alcohol, just shake before application, and you should be good.....I have added LP oils to straight beta-nol that I had on hand, and it seems to work just fine.

Vivica, this is *exactly* what happened to me too! Except it was my (very odd) boyfriend who smelled it on me *DAYS* later! I kept washing and applying unoffensive scents...strong stuff.

yeah its really strong stuff. The first day I got too excited and put on 3 sprays I nearly passed out from the gagging lol but it did work lol even if I did smell like pee. Man I need like half a spray, but I sprayed it on my skin now I know est on hair is a no/no for me.

how long was it before the smell faded on you?

and thanks dolly for the helpful tips

Edited by Vivica

oil and alcohol is a permanent mix - it shouldn't separate.

I am somewhat stunned to hear you find the Est so offensive. Genetically, there's supposedly 3 different types of sniffer configurations - some people smell pheros as pleasant, some as offensive, and some not at all. Danna is one of those people who is hyper sensitive to their smell, and even she doesn't mind the smell of this Est. I sprayed it in my hair a few minutes ago and she thinks it smells just fine. Myself, I kinda like the smell. It smells like a light florally musk to me. :witchnaner:

I guess I can kinda see the connection - the scent of civet is along these lines, though much stronger. And some people find that offensive and pee-like, but let's face it, it's the scent of natural sex juices we're playing around with here.

oil and alcohol is a permanent mix - it shouldn't separate.

I am somewhat stunned to hear you find the Est so offensive. Genetically, there's supposedly 3 different types of sniffer configurations - some people smell pheros as pleasant, some as offensive, and some not at all. Danna is one of those people who is hyper sensitive to their smell, and even she doesn't mind the smell of this Est. I sprayed it in my hair a few minutes ago and she thinks it smells just fine. Myself, I kinda like the smell. It smells like a light florally musk to me. :witchnaner:

I guess I can kinda see the connection - the scent of civet is along these lines, though much stronger. And some people find that offensive and pee-like, but let's face it, it's the scent of natural sex juices we're playing around with here.

I'm one of those who is unaffected by the smell of pheros....I can smell them, but they are not offensive to me.....not necessarily pleasant, but not offensive......but I usually try to cover well, because I know that not everyone's sniffer is the same as mine....

Edited by Dolly

well the first day I didnt smell anything on her but the next 3 days or so all I could smell was the scent of pee. My sisters could smell it too so it wasnt just me unless they are sensitive to it as I am. I can always detect pheros I have a high sense of scents .

They do work though on the first day My mom was taking these boxes to her car from the store and this guy out of nowhere carried them for her and he was a construction worker in the middle of working. He was like I can only take it to the door but it was at least a 5 min. walk to the door lol

but on the next few days in which she didnt apply because we couldnt get that pee smell people were backing up away from her and Im sure they could smell it too if they did that. My mom was so mad at me lol she was like you're making me smell like pee at work I felt so bad for that. So I rub a whole bunch of spikenard oil on her hair today and that seemed to cover it up and then I told her to spray some B&B works spray every 4 hours just to be safe.

Maybe it was the application on the hair? on my skin I sprayed 3 sprays which made me gag from the smell literally I felt like throwing up but after a shower it was gone. I guess the hair absorbed it ALOT.

I will try mixing it with some LP oils and see the difference that it makes. Which LP do you think would overtake that pee smell and push it to the background?

I just love EST and I don't find it offensive at all. When I do wear it I usually spray my hair twice(one on each side). My hubby has never mentioned anything of a weird smell nor any of my co-workers. I always wear an additional scent of my choice.

Actually the pheros that I do have(all from LPMP)I don't find offensive in the least. Although I have not tried EOW nor do I think I'm brave enough just yet based on the comments from others on the scent :(

well the first day I didnt smell anything on her but the next 3 days or so all I could smell was the scent of pee. My sisters could smell it too so it wasnt just me unless they are sensitive to it as I am. I can always detect pheros I have a high sense of scents .

They do work though on the first day My mom was taking these boxes to her car from the store and this guy out of nowhere carried them for her and he was a construction worker in the middle of working. He was like I can only take it to the door but it was at least a 5 min. walk to the door lol

but on the next few days in which she didnt apply because we couldnt get that pee smell people were backing up away from her and Im sure they could smell it too if they did that. My mom was so mad at me lol she was like you're making me smell like pee at work I felt so bad for that. So I rub a whole bunch of spikenard oil on her hair today and that seemed to cover it up and then I told her to spray some B&B works spray every 4 hours just to be safe.

Maybe it was the application on the hair? on my skin I sprayed 3 sprays which made me gag from the smell literally I felt like throwing up but after a shower it was gone. I guess the hair absorbed it ALOT.

I will try mixing it with some LP oils and see the difference that it makes. Which LP do you think would overtake that pee smell and push it to the background?

Well hair is known to absorb things.....that is why I never apply EOW to my hair.....it will stay in there for days.....just try skippng her hair the next time you apply it.....just try it on her skin. I would think that any LP would work....like Red or Black....I would also think that, if you like Dirty Sexy, it would work well.....Dirty Sexy and Nasty Habits are 2 of my favorite covers for EW, and if a scent covers that, it should handle Est with no problem.

hey ladies here is the update

its been 2 more day and the pee smell did not go away and it seemed to get stronger maybe because of the heat. My mom is a manager so she cant go around smelling like that so I had to cut 4 inches of her hair off where the smell was. Talk about potent stuff. I love the effects but from now on only on the skin lol at this rate this bottle is going to last me a long timeeeeee. Im going to get me a super small atomizer so that maybe I get less of a spray than the full size bottle.

its been 2 more day and the pee smell did not go away and it seemed to get stronger maybe because of the heat. My mom is a manager so she cant go around smelling like that so I had to cut 4 inches of her hair off where the smell was. Talk about potent stuff. I love the effects but from now on only on the skin lol at this rate this bottle is going to last me a long timeeeeee. Im going to get me a super small atomizer so that maybe I get less of a spray than the full size bottle.

If you ever have a problem getting pheros out of your hair, try some clarifying shampoo.....that is the only thing that would take the EoW out of my hair.....

For quality small atomizers, go to www.accessoriesforfragrances.com . Sally is very prompt and reliable, and her prices are good. I always buy roll ons, atomizers, and supplies from her.

She also has a store on ebay.....sometimes she has real good deals on there.....

4 inches yikesss.....I would die if I had to cut 4 inches off my hair. When I use EST I usually spray it on my hair but have never noticed that the scent lingered in my hair but maybe that's because I do use a clarifying shampoo about once or twice a week. Never knew the clarifying shampoo would get rid of the phero scent,good to know :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Never knew the clarifying shampoo would get rid of the phero scent,good to know :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

It worked for me, when nothing else would.....probably because they are supposedly designed to take old buildup out of your hair.....

Edited by Dolly

even if I did smell like pee.

I know there are people who say they can't smell the pheros, or if they do they're just vaguely musky or whatever, but for those of us who are sensitive this is exactly what they can smell like, especially in high concentrations. I've had to be careful over the year or so I've used them because if I'm making myself ill then it tends to negate the effect I want it to have in terms of my demeanor with others.

And if you ever want to get ANYTHING out of your hair pronto, use Prell.

I know there are people who say they can't smell the pheros, or if they do they're just vaguely musky or whatever, but for those of us who are sensitive this is exactly what they can smell like, especially in high concentrations. I've had to be careful over the year or so I've used them because if I'm making myself ill then it tends to negate the effect I want it to have in terms of my demeanor with others.

The differences between people's chemistries and senses really fascinate me.....pheros never have bothered me that much....except for when I sprayed EoW in my hair.....BIG mistake.....

I wish I could use Prell, but it makes my hair feel like straw....never could use it.....it's a shame really.....

Edited by Dolly

I wouldn't recommend Prell for regular use, but it IS the ultimate clarifier. Whenever I have had occasion to use it then I follow up with a conditioning regimen immediately.

yeah 4 inches was alot but she was gonna get a haircut soon so it wasnt a big loss. Thanks for the tips on the shampoo just in case I ever accidently get any in my hair.

I'll check that site out dolly. Thanks

I have tried lots of different pheros in the last few months. I think I have like a total of 15 from different companies but est by far is the only one that has bothered me to this extent. It has to be the fact its so strong and unscented but I still love the effects. I just gotta work on mixing it to make it smell better.

I wouldn't recommend Prell for regular use, but it IS the ultimate clarifier. Whenever I have had occasion to use it then I follow up with a conditioning regimen immediately.

when I use to do hair (for a living) we used Prell to tone down the hues, I agree, wouldn't use it regularly but it works wonders in a pinch !

ps: Mara advised me NOT for me !!! EST is really stinky isn't it ?

Edited by liz

Now I'm really curious about something. It's just my hubby and I @ home so he will never tell me I smell unpleasant to him nor will my co-workers or at least they haven't up until now. Do you think those that do have scent sensitivities can maybe smell the pheros and smell it unpleasant but just not say anything :rolleyes: ?

There's always that possibility...I do have to say that I've only ever had one experience like that, and it was one of the first times I used PG Super. I was out with a friend of mine and we met up with another friend for dinner. The third friend and I went to the ladies room at the same time and she said, "Julie, don't take this the wrong way but you smell...weird." I said, "It's okay, what do I smell like?" And she was really embarrassed but she said I smelled like pee, and had honestly thought maybe I had accidently wet my pants. I had described the SS mix as "metallic" but of course that's one characteristic of urine. I explained the situation and she said she only sensed it when she was right next to me, so we sat as far apart as we could the rest of the evening. I have braved it in certain circumstances, but PG Super is something I cannot wear casually because my own sensitivity is just too great. However, it is evident that Pharmacom's mix is assuredly potent and therefore effective in the right circumstances.

As Mara said, we're dealing with the chemical signatures of sexual secretions, so it's always best to keep that in mind when using pheromones and hope for the best.

Edited by luna65

There's always that possibility...I do have to say that I've only ever had one experience like that, and it was one of the first times I used PG Super. I was out with a friend of mine and we met up with another friend for dinner. The third friend and I went to the ladies room at the same time and she said, "Julie, don't take this the wrong way but you smell...weird." I said, "It's okay, what do I smell like?" And she was really embarrassed but she said I smelled like pee, and had honestly thought maybe I had accidently wet my pants. I had described the SS mix as "metallic" but of course that's one characteristic of urine. I explained the situation and she said she only sensed it when she was right next to me, so we sat as far apart as we could the rest of the evening. I have braved it in certain circumstances, but PG Super is something I cannot wear casually because of my own sensitivity is just too great. However, it is evident that Pharmacom's mix is assuredly potent and therefore effective in the right circumstances.

As Mara said, we're dealing with the chemical signatures of sexual secretions, so it's always best to keep that in mind when using pheromones and hope for the best.

Thanks for your response...the part about you accidently wetting your pants had me :001_tt2: sorry :rolleyes: .

I do love LPMP pheros and for the most part I wear it and forget it. So the rest of the day I usually just smell the cover up scent of my choice.

It's okay, we still laugh about it to this day. :rolleyes:

I love (as all of us do, I'm sure) that M&D entered into this realm because my previous experiences with trying pheros w/covers was not that fun. I need some art with my science, you know? It's just so easy now to have some fun with it.

I'm really not understanding this whole thing - at all.

I use Est exclusively and extensively in ONLY my hair. I spray around 150 mcg usually, and either use it in a mix of 3 mls LP fragrance to a 30 ml bottle of Est, or totally neat.

I NEVER have an issue with it, and the man in my life has an INCREDIBLY sensitive nose to both pheromones and fragrances, and I wear it for days at a time in my hair, without him ever saying a thing. Conversely in fact, he just snuggles his nose right into my hair and breathes in - deeply...

I have used Est from four different suppliers/manufacturers in the last six years. NO such hassles at all.

I do a clarifying shampoo with Nioxin once a week to get rid of any phero build-up, then start all over again. Like Dolly I would never but NEVER use anything containing copulins in my hair. The indole note in copulins stays around for a very long time.. EW and Essence Oil are a total no-go for hair. LAM too.

Those in the hair, which although highly diffusive, also grabs onto molecules and HOLDS onto them - are just not a good idea.

This thread has thrown me for a loop.. I might look into the "Whys and wherefores" in some depth soon, but I have a lot on right now, so can't get to that quite at this moment. But I will...

Very interesting though..

Ail )O(

when I use to do hair (for a living) we used Prell to tone down the hues, I agree, wouldn't use it regularly but it works wonders in a pinch !

ps: Mara advised me NOT for me !!! EST is really stinky isn't it ?

:oops: , I meant EOW, NOT EST (too many of these to keep track of) !! Actually it's LP's version of EOW that Mara suggested I shouldn't purchase. Actually when I wear EST, I can't smell it at all, and as long as SP can and responds favorably......I'm happy :rolleyes: .

liz :001_tt2:

Edited by liz

• 2 weeks later...

Good Lord; I'm glad I know this. Everyone always talked about EST as being the one pheromone with a natural odor that is actually pleasant, so I would have thought nothing about spraying it in my hair. I know not to do that now, jeez!

I can't afford the straight stuff at the moment anyway...maybe in a few months. I have Cuddle Bunny on order, though. :banana055:

oh here is the update. The clarifying shampoo did work and now I only spray it on the skin now and thats fine. When I move around I can smell a slight hint on the skin but nothing offensive as it was in the hair.

I dont know why in the hair it smelled so horrible to me

maybe cuz it absorbed it instead of diffused it? or maybe on the skin it mixes with my natural scent making it more pleasant.

One of my sisters says she can smell it on my skin and hates the smell but on the skin for smelling it in my house its 1 out of 4 so I think Im okay on scent unless I meet a person who is as sensitive to scent as me or my sister.

I'm beginning to think that EST effects different folks differently. I diluted the heck out of the stuff from "the other place" (which is less potent than here) the dilution I tried was under 5 mcg per spray. My step-mother said I stunk of urine and that put me off straight away. Interestingly, I noticed no hits or good effects but some folk said I smelt dreadful.

I don't know if it is my skin chemistry or other people's olfactory sense, but like a lot of pheros, it's seems to effect some people very differently. I wonder if it is a genetic thing, I know there has been some research into blood groups and pheros.

May

I was wondering if someone who has an uber sensitive nose would be willing to give us an idea which pheros to look out for because I obviously cannot detect anything but cops, and they even die down in a hurry on me. Others refer to sock smells, pee smells, bo smells and I don't get ANY of that and I have quite the phero arsenal! I'm gonna post a picture as soon as I get a battery for my camera of all my lp perfumes, pheros and even thos from elsewhere. I'll be like attending confession. Noone knows except my daughter who discovered them by accident. She doesn't even know what they are but the sheer quantity freaked her out!! I am really concerned that I'll be walking around smelling bad and not know it since I obviously and not sensitive to them.

I hate to say it but I had a negative reaction this weekend with the Beta-Androstenol. Once again, my sweetie said he noticed an ammonia-like smell about me. I'd put cover (after it dried 10 min) over a 2x spray at the back of my neck/lower hairline (my hair was up in a ponytail when I sprayed). I'm beginning to wonder if I just *can't* use any pheros at all... :banana055: Strangely, when I went to wash my hair that night, (I did a quick rinse under the tub faucet as I was going to 'deep condition' first) I had a huge rush of ammonia hit me. I wonder if it had to do with being in my hair? I do color my hair - maybe there's a bad interaction there, or with the products I use?? Searching for answers. I'd worn a *light* spray of Beta-nol a few times before w/o any comments, but I wanted to up the dosage a bit, and this was the result....I'm stumped.