EOW suggestion and layering advice please

Anyone have an idea of what type of single scent can be mixed with EOW just to take the funk down a little at application?

EOW takes forever to dry down on me, actually I'm not sure it ever goes away, I can smell it for hours. I have an insane amount of essentials, absolutes and fragrance oils to try. What type of scents work best to cover cops?

My preferences are ambers and vanilla, earthy sweet spice types. I have OCCO, LAM, & BAM but would like to just put a little of a single scent into my EOW a to take the edge off. i love to experiment but would like to keep product waste to a minimum.

Seconding Heather's advice. I can smell the cops in the OCCOs (except for Ambrosia) but after drydown, the cops smell is gone! If you already have the EOW, you could order any of the NOCOs to add to it...

But if you're using what you already have, I'd go for vanilla probably.

CK, I'd go the other way - add some Cops to a bottle of oil, do not add scent to your bottle of cops.

Get yourself a little bottle to mix in, and just add drops of cops.

3 drops per gallon is effective, but depending upon the strength of your cover, you can start at 4 drops per 1/3 oz bottle, and go all the way up to 30 drops.

This is, in my opinion, the easiest and most successful way to use cops. Use it as a perfume additive rather than applying straight to the skin.

I've done that with a few bottles too. Works really well. There are a couple of scents that I got a second bottle of specifically to add cops to either because I loved the perfume and I couldn't find an OCCO that "matched", or because it felt too light to cover straight EOW by layering.

CK, I'd go the other way - add some Cops to a bottle of oil, do not add scent to your bottle of cops.

Get yourself a little bottle to mix in, and just add drops of cops.

3 drops per gallon is effective, but depending upon the strength of your cover, you can start at 4 drops per 1/3 oz bottle, and go all the way up to 30 drops.

This is, in my opinion, the easiest and most successful way to use cops. Use it as a perfume additive rather than applying straight to the skin.

That was my plan of action, ( adding EOW to a scent, I didn't express that correctly ) i have plenty of 1 ml roller bottles. I haven't been able to use EOW on its own, also tried diluting 50/50 with more DPG. It just won't dry down on me. I love the OCCO white, but have a bottle of EOW to use.

Since I already have the bottle I wanted to try and make my own "OCCO" so to speak. Wondering what single scent may cover well to layer with other fragrances. I think I like to keep my cops and pheros separate from my perfumes for the most part, premix is convenient at home but I've found I travel with too many bottles that way. ( I can travel with one fragrance but hate not to have multiple phero options)

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'll try just some vanilla and see how that goes, I really can't think of much that vanilla won't layer well with. I travel a lot, and refuse to check bags, So you can imagine that sometimes I contemplate going without some other toiletries to make room for smelly stuff. You can only put so much in a sandwhich bag.

Edited by Cycle Kitten

Vanilla, amber/patch/resins, fruit, honey all work quite well

Also......hint from experience......after you add the first little bit of EoW, let it sit for AT LEAST 24 hrs before you try it on your skin and judge whether or not you need to add more. EoW "blooms", so you need to let it rest in between adding more.

Edited by Dolly

Vanilla, amber/patch/resins, fruit, honey all work quite well

Also......hint from experience......after you add the first little bit of EoW, let it sit for AT LEAST 24 hrs before you try it on your skin and judge whether or not you need to add more. EoW "blooms", so you need to let it rest in between adding more.

Thanks Dolly, I'm thinking 1 drop of EOW to a 1ml roller bottle, they actually hold 1.5, that should do it right? Seems so odd that one little drop is so powerful. I actually don't mind the smell, but last time I wore EOW, just a little swipe, torso and smeared with wrists, I went to a restaurant about an hour and a half later and some young men walked in behind me and loudly stated that something smelled like baby powder and wet dog. I was careful not to get it on clothes and hair but I can only assume I was the culprit. I was wearing kitten heels which definitly goes powdery on me.

Thanks Dolly, I'm thinking 1 drop of EOW to a 1ml roller bottle, they actually hold 1.5, that should do it right? Seems so odd that one little drop is so powerful. I actually don't mind the smell, but last time I wore EOW, just a little swipe, torso and smeared with wrists, I went to a restaurant about an hour and a half later and some young men walked in behind me and loudly stated that something smelled like baby powder and wet dog. I was careful not to get it on clothes and hair but I can only assume I was the culprit. I was wearing kitten heels which definitly goes powdery on me.

I WOULD START WITH ONE DROP......THEN IF YOU NEED TO ADD MORE LATER YOU CAN. SO ADD ONE DROP INTO YOUR SCENT, SHAKE IT UP, AND LET IT SIT FOR 24 HOURS. THEN TRY IT ON YOUR SKIN. IF YOU THINK IT NEEDS MORE YOU CAN FOLLOW THE SAME PROCEDURE.

In terms of this month's releases, Candy House would be superb for spiking with EoW, and so would Titian Sweet and the Bewitching Hour.

In terms of permanent scents, Love Potion Original, Red, Black, or Pink would all be good.

Two of my faves are Pherogirl (which already has perfectly balanced amount of cops) and Sugared Honeycomb, which is one of my favorites to spike with EoW.

This has been a very helpful thread especially with the sale coming up-I think I'm ready to experiment with some unsented pheromones again. Im afraid I must have a wonky nose because I never smell the cops coming through anything or at least I don't think I do.. I haven't tried Eow yet but even sexponige doesn't smell bad to me in the bottle and on my skin it smells a little bad but just until its dry literally-

This has been a very helpful thread especially with the sale coming up-I think I'm ready to experiment with some unsented pheromones again. Im afraid I must have a wonky nose because I never smell the cops coming through anything or at least I don't think I do.. I haven't tried Eow yet but even sexponige doesn't smell bad to me in the bottle and on my skin it smells a little bad but just until its dry literally-

I ordered the trial size EOW last November, it should last you a long time through many experiments. You should definitly smell EOW on its own, it's pretty smelly. I don't seem to mind cops in anything blended by LPMP. I'm also looking forward to the sale to try some new ones.

I ordered the trial size EOW last November, it should last you a long time through many experiments. You should definitly smell EOW on its own, it's pretty smelly. I don't seem to mind cops in anything blended by LPMP. I'm also looking forward to the sale to try some new ones.

What scents have you tried with it?

You really have all the info above that you need. The only other thing i'd say is that it just takes time and practice and remember dry down time is important.

You'll start to identify the scents that will not just cover EOW but are actually enhanced (scentwise) by it. Dolly's famous fruity concoctions (Hot & Sticky, Wet & Nasty) are just designed to hold EOW. Tropical, coconut scents can hold it well. Almost any of the LP line, can hold it. LP Tropique is already boosted with 10 drops. I think O, Red, Pink, Bittersweet actually smell better with it.

The rich foodie vanillas hide it well.

Deep dark, resinous scents get sweet and sexy with the addition of cops, like putting sugar in coffee. ;) Strong florals can mask it too though to me it smells like I mixed some smutty honey in so that's going to be a personal scent choice for you.

You should read through the EOW thread.

It takes practice. Like Dolly said, just start out small and work your way up,

I can't really speak to EO's or other non-LP scents + EOW as I have not done that often and the few I've done are other artisanal scents. Perhaps try it with a few LP blends to get the hang of it.

Edited by StacyK

What scents have you tried with it?

You really have all the info above that you need. The only other thing i'd say is that it just takes time and practice and remember dry down time is important.

You'll start to identify the scents that will not just cover EOW but are actually enhanced (scentwise) by it. Dolly's famous fruity concoctions (Hot & Sticky, Wet & Nasty) are just designed to hold EOW. Tropical, coconut scents can hold it well. Almost any of the LP line, can hold it. LP Tropique is already boosted with 10 drops. I think O, Red, Pink, Bittersweet actually smell better with it.

The rich foodie vanillas hide it well.

Deep dark, resinous scents get sweet and sexy with the addition of cops, like putting sugar in coffee. ;) Strong florals can mask it too though to me it smells like I mixed some smutty honey in so that's going to be a personal scent choice for you.

You should read through the EOW thread.

It takes practice. Like Dolly said, just start out small and work your way up,

I can't really speak to EO's or other non-LP scents + EOW as I have not done that often and the few I've done are other artisanal scents. Perhaps try it with a few LP blends to get the hang of it.

Thank you StacyK

That's really helpful, I'm not a fruit or floral girl but I love resins and vanilla. Loving the reference to putting sugar in coffee. I do read through a lot of threads on here but sometimes searching is difficult for specific things. I am partial to LP red, but I'm trying to keep EOW ( and other phero blends) as a separate component to wear with whatever and when I want. Like the layering ability of the OCCO's. On its own it simply does not dry down on me for hours so it's hard to spend that much time walking around waiting to get dressed. Desperately trying not to have say, 6 bottles of LP red, each with a different phero blend, multiplied by every fragrance I like, does that make sence? I already have a set of shelves dedicated just to essential oils.

I've been blending oils for more than 20 years but only ventured into pheros this year, I'm mostly a purist and only use essentials, ottos, and absolutes, though I know there are some fragrance components you simply can not achieve that way. So my hope was to ask more experienced users for advice in order to keep from wasting costly ingredients. My LP addiction actually started just based on the knowledge of folkloric ingredients that Mara possesses. When I first found LPMP My thoughts were " damn, here's someone who has done their homework, and it sounds delicious".

I love bittersweet and LP latte but the hubby is sensitive and does not like anything that has a strange chocolate smell, he really dislikes velvet kisses. Though he likes cocoa absolute right out of the bottle, perhaps I'll see how that works on its own to lessen dry down time for me, and how layerable it is with other fragrances.

Thanks so much to everyone for their insight this far, I'll try to post any successes or failures as I experiment.

I love Cocoa Absolute!!! I like it straight up or mixed in a perfume blend.

I have a few "off ranch" perfume blends that are pure EO's with a natural sugar alcohol base. I love the scent of them. But, as you know, the weight, depth and longevity can be very different. To use those to cover EOW I'd use very little EOW and probably expect a little cop bleed through. The actual scent of cops, as long as it's not overdone, bleeding thru and mixing with a compatable scent doesn't bother me. Aside from the pheromonal aspect I figure it as another scent note. One that needs to work with or enhance the other notes.

You may want to ask Mara directly as to what EO's she might suggest. There's an "Ask Mara" thread.

There is a "Sandalwood & Resins" LAM/BAM scent. It's sheer but I like it and find it mostly covers the phero/cops after dry down.

I don't have bottles of everything I'd like copped boosted. I either boost myself or order a cops boost from LP. It just depends on what the scent is. I also have a few of the 1/6 ml roller bottles so I can separate out some stuff to boost at home.

Did you try "Sheer Essence"? You may find you have better luck with that if you really can't tolerate the EOW. It may be more workable with straight EO's.

http://lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/SheerEssence/

Edited by StacyK

I agree with Stacy on the sandalwood and resins LAM....very sheer.....blends with almost everything.....love it.

In the future I'm definitly considering using OCCO, LAM, or BAM for my cops needs,I just have a bottle of EOW to use and would like to get comfortable finding a way to utilize it. I realy don't believe there is anything that can't be layered with vanilla. I'm a huge fan of CP, I love the patchouli and vanilla , always a favorite even before my adventures in phero land. I am definitlly the agressor physically sans pheros though, so CP can make me a lot to handle.

In general I am an amber girl,my go to is madini Amber out of morocco. And I love to blend it with Aja. Aja smells divine on me and even women I don't know well can't seem to stop hugging me. Alas, the hubby is 40's,the BF is 50's and helping a testosterone peek along is always in my favor. I am seriously starting to grasp the cougar concept but unfortunately, not very interested in Cubs. (My dance car d is quite full anyway)

Oddly, it seems my boys are not overly responsive to cops, but I'm still in the research and experiment stage. Myself, I seem to be very reactive to what I wear. I am going to experiment with some EO's and absolutes with EOW and see what happens. At least i know if all else fails I can simply use LP OCCO for layering, even if it is strictly for myself. I'm also going to order OCCO's in all other flavors to play with. I still have a few commercial scents I like to wear.

The hubby tells me that OCCO white smells like his 78 camaro, and for a car guy, that's a good thing.

Edited by Cycle Kitten

I love Cocoa Absolute!!! I like it straight up or mixed in a perfume blend.

I have a few "off ranch" perfume blends that are pure EO's with a natural sugar alcohol base. I love the scent of them. But, as you know, the weight, depth and longevity can be very different. To use those to cover EOW I'd use very little EOW and probably expect a little cop bleed through. The actual scent of cops, as long as it's not overdone, bleeding thru and mixing with a compatable scent doesn't bother me. Aside from the pheromonal aspect I figure it as another scent note. One that needs to work with or enhance the other notes.

You may want to ask Mara directly as to what EO's she might suggest. There's an "Ask Mara" thread.

There is a "Sandalwood & Resins" LAM/BAM scent. It's sheer but I like it and find it mostly covers the phero/cops after dry down.

I don't have bottles of everything I'd like copped boosted. I either boost myself or order a cops boost from LP. It just depends on what the scent is. I also have a few of the 1/6 ml roller bottles so I can separate out some stuff to boost at home.

Did you try "Sheer Essence"? You may find you have better luck with that if you really can't tolerate the EOW. It may be more workable with straight EO's.http://lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/SheerEssence/

I haven't tried sheer essence but I have diluted EOW 50/50 with DPG to dilute it, still can't get dressed for more than an hour, I'm going to try small batches with just vanilla or cocoa absolute and EOW just to make it more palatable on initial application and see how that goes. . My mom likes fruity scents so I'll experiment further with that for her. There is so much to learn. I really appreciate the feedback everyone has provided.

Cycle Kitten, how do you dry down, just out of curiosity?

I am too impatient to wait that long for cops to dry down. If I just put them on an leave them, mostly the liquid just sits there, forever wet. A long while ago I started smooshing everything together with the underside of my wrists to smooth out the "puddle" of liquid at the application point. It dries much, MUCH faster that way. I do this whether I'm applying a phero mix that contains cops, any OCCOs or EOW enhanced perfume, and... when I apply EOW straight I add the perfume directly to my skin at the same time, right beside the cops, and then I smoosh it around. I can usually get dressed within 5 minutes, and a lot of the time I can get dressed immediately because it dries down so quickly, and the smell dissipates quickly. I couldn't wear any roll on coppy stuff if I didn't spread it around. It would never dry.

One word of caution, do not ever apply a brisk rubbing motion when smooshing, or you'll end up with a burnt rubber smell! Just lightly smoosh and pat the area.

Just a thought. It might help.