Dylan w/ Perfect Match & Hedione

AD-Dylan_1.jpg

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
WATER ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
DRIFTWOOD
HEDIONE ~ Fresh air.

I went straight for this one because I loved the concept except for ... the coconut. Mara has done other summer type scents with coconut and everything about them says "Great!" to me except that coconut blows up on my skin and I end up smelling like a bad day at the beach where a bottle of 70's suntan lotion exploded all over me. So I went straight for Dylan because again, everything but the coconut and if any of the scents had the promise of going wonky on my skin, this one would be it. So I may as well know up front if this one was going to work or not.

Except this time Mara said it was a "black" coconut. And whatever "black" coconut is, along with the "black" vanilla oils, made all the difference in the world. The seawater & driftwood notes are right there It is a "clean" seawater note, not the sharp "something dead and fishy" seawater smell you get sometimes. The sense of air, almost a floral note from the hedione and the matching light musk. But again not so light to be feminine, but that sense of lightness on a summer day at the beach when there is a light breeze. And finally there on top is the coconut and vanilla. And whatever makes them "black" coconut and vanilla notes forces them to stay tighter to the skin. They actually become the heavier notes that offset the lighter notes I already mentioned. It is definitely coconut but not the sharp almost "candied" coconut that slaps my nose but more like the older, cooler almost mysterious brother coconut that the girls want to hang out with at night.

This is a summer scent with coconut that I can wear. And will wear.

Edited by quietguy

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this one out last night doing errands at home and I like it. Right away there was something in it that gave it a little depth. I don't know what it was. Maybe the musk or the driftwood? The Hedione, maybe? Was it the Perfect Match?

Regardless, it really smelled good to me and I think I found out who my Perfect Match is = Me!

Ok this is not masculine on my skin at all. To me, it smells like a luxe cold cream. Which is a good thing. I love that old school beauty/skincare kind of vibe. I'm not registering the coconut as summery or sun tan lotion... Nor is it sweet. I'm getting rich vanilla musk with a floral hint that feels cool and comforting at the same time. It's almost powder-y. Im officially a hedione ho. I love every scent that it's in. And the fact that PM is in this... Perfection!

Somehow my skin chemistry is making this wayyyyy too fem to be unisex. I don't think i would like this on my BF.

Edited by hearts

Somehow my skin chemistry is making this wayyyyy too fem to be unisex. I don't think i would like this on my BF.

I always love the range of the opinions/reviews here. It really speaks to the depth and range of Mara's scents.

I was graciously sent a sniffy of this in my recent order - which tickled me to death, as I had forgotten TWICE to add a sample in my last orders! I quickly applied a bit and was REALLY surprised. I don't find it particularly feminine with my chemistry. It IS masculine to me, not so brutally masculine as to be unwearable. I like this the same way I like Mark's Girl Nip, because it's more masculine. It's a comfort thing I believe - or possibly the PM - but probably both :lol:

At first I get a neck and neck coconut/wood/Hedione. It's strange because I had to concentrate to pick out the coconut specifically and it isn't that beachy, suntan lotion or pina colada kind of coconut - but it's definitely coconut and blends beautifully with everything. I don't know that I pick out the seawater or so much "feel" it in there with everything. Even with the coconut and vanilla, I don't find this particularly foodie either. Oh my, I just find this a wonderful man scent, the kind that when you hug a fella smelling like this and get his fragrance on you, and you smell it later - it makes you smile :)

I wants it! :heart: I foresee swooping a couple bottles of this for sure!

Edited by NuTrix

On me it's lovely and light, very much like sweet-ish tropical air. There is a dry wood element that tames it from going the complete beachy route.

Thing is, while I'm pretty sure it'll be a great clean smell on a guy, it doesn't strike me as really masculine. Gender neutral at most.

ETA: I'll need more time to explore the phero effects.

I slathered a bit on my man before bedtime.
He was extra nuzzly-wuzzly during the night.
I think he amped the Hedione, because it was sweeter on him than it was on me. It turned out more girly on him.
It's a very pleasurable scent either way, but I think it might end up in my stash after all.

Edited by reincarnated

• 4 weeks later...

This was the one I found most intriguing based on the description; and I think it's nice and manly - it just says man in the language of fragrance. But for me I think the combination of the driftwood accord and the Hedione just reacts badly with my chemistry, it's way too salty.

• 2 years later...

This is a beautiful scent -- the musky vanilla with just a hint of coconut is so fresh and huffable! The other accords are definitely present but not overwhelming. Aside from how delicious it is, I'm thinking the PM is what's brought a big smile to my face every time I get a whiff of it, too. It feels like a sexy night on the beach, when it's just a smidge too cold to do more than dip your toes in but you want to walk the boardwalk and maybe spend a bit of time cuddled up next to your honey to watch the play of moonlight on the water. 

Lovely, and I think I'll be keeping this for myself instead of giving it to the mister! ;)