News Regarding PEs

halo0073

The last batch of PEs haven't been released or announced and the next batch is already closed?

I realize this is an awesome service and I am excited about mine that I ordered in October. But there has been no communication that these were open at all. I am new and I don't know the rules....but this doesn't make sense if last month hasn't even been released.

I announced it very clearly when they opened up last time. Other admins pointed it out too. It is a Luxery service Mara provides when she has time. Nobody else in the business provides this type of service. She just doesn't have the time to have them open when other huge events like the sale, pheromas or opening a new store are going on. Hopefully everyone can understand that Mara works her fingers to the bone for us. When she doesn't have time for PEs it means we are getting something extra special as well. Like Pheromas!

Yes, Lisa. PEs open and close throughout the year, depending on what is going on at LP.

I know it's hard when you've got Newbie Fever - I've been there, we all have, lol. But you'll get the swing of it after awhile ;)

The LPMP staff need a holiday break!! :kisses:

Halo, thanks but I am still not clear. Your announcement that PEs were open was right after the sale. Unless you sent another one that I missed. My assumptions is that when they are open, you order during the previous month for a November release, for example. Then in November (using the same logic), you order for December. Is this correct? So do you announce December PEs are open before you announce that they are closed and is this current thread the one that we follow?

I would just like to understand the rules so I can operate better. This is a fantastic service and we all love it. But it's different than ordering NRs and at least for me, it's not very clear.

Thanks in advance for helping me understand.

Here is MY understanding. Halo or Mara, correct me if I am wrong. When the PE's are open, you can CREATE a new PE. I have never understood it to be a guaranteed PROMISE of when the PE will be done (there may be unforseen difficulties, it may be the middle of a brewing cycle, one of the LP "elves" may be sick, you never know). PE closing simply means that nobody can order any new ones to be created at this time.

Edited by Dolly

Here is MY understanding. Halo or Mara, correct me if I am wrong. When the PE's are open, you can CREATE a new PE. I have never understood it to be a guaranteed PROMISE of when the PE will be done (there may be unforseen difficulties, it may be the middle of a brewing cycle, one of the LP "elves" may be sick, you never know). PE closing simply means that nobody can order any new ones to be created at this time.

Yes this. You can order a PE when they are open and it'll be released the following month. Closing means no more creating PEs until they open again.

Thanks for letting us know Halo! I know with pheromas and the holidays, it gets hectic.

You can order a PE at any time while they are open. They don't open and close each month or anything. So my announcement that they were open at the end of the sale held until just now when they were turned off. They are just simply either open or closed. Available or not available. When they are brewed is entirely dependent on Mara's schedule. Last month she made a few before they were even officially ordered. So those were ready in days. If on the other hand you order right after a new batch of PEs was just released you can expect to wait several weeks. They are not the same as new releases.

Also just a general bit of advice on being a LP customer. Everything comes in time. Being patient is absolutely a requirement. Think of the waiting as the equisite torture that accompanies all works of art. Or like waiting for your lover to come over. For the latest installment of your favorite novel series. You can't rush perfection and you'll go mad if you try. It's worth it. I wouldn't still be here after 6.5 years if it weren't. Enjoy the tease. Mara draws things out in a way that titilates and enhances the LP experience. So don't lose your chill over labels or new releases or PEs. They will come. They always do. And they do because Mara works 18 hour days to create this amazing lovely fantasy world of ours. I'd happily wait six months for new releases or two months to get a package. But we don't have to, do we? There is just no sense in hurrying up to wait. They will come, they will be worth it. You will fall in love with something new every single month. I call that pretty incredible.

And let me just add this, from someone who has ordered several PEs.......we specify 3 notes and a sugar......Mara has THOUSANDS of oils.....if you order, say PINEAPPLE.....she will most likely use SEVERAL different varieties of pineapple to end up with the most gorgeous, succulent pineapple you have ever smelled!

So each note that we request may have several oils blended to make it perfect.....she doesn't let anything leave the shop unless it is to her standards!! Imagine trying to do several PEs of that caliber on top of new releases!

Thank you for the heads up, Halo :)

Good idea.

oh well no more winter PE planning.

You could still plan and possibly order in January. That'd still leave some time to enjoy a Winter fragrance before it warms up enough that everyone is wanting to smell of flowers and fresh Spring things.

Yeah, I keep looking at "creatively" sorted storage box of perfumes and thinking that I need to invest in one of those wall mounted nail polish organizers.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I keep looking at "creatively" sorted storage box of perfumes and thinking that I need to invest in one of those wall mounted nail polish organizers.

OMG I love your AVI!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

On the main site, go to Gift Shoppe, then scroll down to Private Editions.

Here's a link:http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/articles/PrivateEditions

Thank you

Ordered " as close to compromising positions as Mara is willing to make" fingers crossed

Edited by Cycle Kitten

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of the PEs for this month are complete and I am just finishing up the labels. Can't wait to show you, there's some nifty brews!

Orders from this point forward will be out next month. Thanks, people!

• 4 months later...

Open or closed? I know Mara is busy with the sale, just checking in since there hasn't been a recent post on the status. Does the website shut down this option when they are unavailable? It's currently up, that's why I ask. I don't want to be a pest by trying to place an order.