Dolly Rama Musk

Dolly

So, at my request, Mara agreed to try a little deeper version of the musk I requested. It is nice. It's smooth, with a little depth, and slight woody notes. Not too dark, and I don't think I would put it on a man, because it has more of a feminine quality to it.

I think this one will age well, so I am definitely tucking some away!

It sounds good. What are the notes?

For our beloved guru, the Dolly Rama: Soft, warm and dusky, this scent is comprised of Egyptian Musk, Indian Attars of Golden Sandalwood and Black Amber, and a slightly animalic Amber EO.

• 3 weeks later...

This one was tempting me. I love sandalwood and amber...and it being deeper than your first seems like a a fragrance that should age really well.

Oooh is this like the one you compared to the good vintage skin musk (but way better than that even)?

I have a FB spray of egyptian musk and love it; this must be vunderbar.

This one is very nice. Will probably age very well, too.

This one is very nice. Will probably age very well, too.

OMG, I'm trying soo hard to be 'good' but if it's better than the sugared egyptian musk (which reminds me of skin musk and has major phero properties); will have to figure out how to try this new one... thanks Dolly! Did you start your soap yet? I've been away from the forum for awhile, so may have missed any soap updates.

No, I am getting ready to post an update later. It looks like the soap may not happen right now, due to factors beyond my control. :nope02716:

• 1 month later...

This isn't heavy at all and wears very close to the skin on me. I think I was expecting something a little darker, but this is all sophisticated and grown up - could be a day OR nighttime scent. It actually strikes me as a clean scent. I am loving the ambers! It's soft and feminine, couldn't see how this would play on a guy, but then with the attars and sandalwood, it might come off as a clean scent...? Not that it matters because I have to intention to share :lol: Curious to see how it ages...