Hi! From PT to here

ShadowX114

Hello,

I have heard of Love Potion from PT message board. I've been a member there for a year now but it is only recently that I have decided to try LP. I made my first order in October, got my order 3 weeks later (I live in Canada). I think I put myself in trouble because I can see how I could be addicted in trying new ones; thus less money in my bank account.

Mara, if you are reading this, you should be proud of what you are creating!

My problem with commercial colognes is that they barley last on me. Maybe 2 hours tops. I really wonder why I bother buying them. I'm hoping that the spray form of LP will last much longer on me. Now that I have smelled all the sample vials that I bought, I find the commercial ones (e.g: Black XS) too "fake".

With my first order, I have requested 2 free samples and mentioned my username on PT and in here. It is time for me to do what I have promised; posting reviews. In PT's forums, I have posted a thread containing reviews of a couple of the sample I have tried. I will post more when I try them thoroughly.

My question is, how should I post the reviews on this message board? Is it preferable to create one thread that contains all of my reviews or do I post a review to each product individually ?

Edited by ShadowX114

Hi, Shadow, welcome to the board! :hedgehog:

As far as reviews go, there is a thread for each scent and pheromone so you would find that thread and post your review. There is a review section for the non-pheromone scents, a pheromone area and a men's forum. Personally, I usually just do a search for whatever I am wanting to review and then click on the thread that has that title, such as "Pirouette".

If you want some scent throw but also want staying power, I would suggest getting your favorite scents in both spray and rollerball form. The rollerballs tend to last longer but the scent stays closer to the skin and the sprays burn off more quickly but have more initial impact. You can combine them for a longer lasting experience.

However, I find many of Mara's scents have plenty of throw in just the roller ball form. :D

Glad you found us Shadow! You will love the perfumes and the forum is sooooooo much fun. I am fairly new myself, but the advice that Mai gave you about using the spray and rollerball is spot on. I like me some linger and throw and that combo works great. Have fun...I eagerly await your reviews!

Welcome :)

You'll notice various threads for reviews. There are threads for fragrances (no Pheros ), a thread for "phero enhanced" fragrances & Un (unscented) pheros. There's also a "Men's" forum section for male & unisex fragrances as well as men's phero enhanced smellies.

What did you get? Look forward to your reviews.

Edited by StacyK

Hello & welcome to the forum!

As has been stated, all the scents and pheromones have threads. Just add your review to the thread. One of the great things about this board is that if you don't care for a particular scent, it is okay to say so. Lots of reviews run along the line of "I did not care for x note" or "X note was too strong on my skin". We all realize everyone does not care for everything.

The other thing to remember is that everyone here is friendly & is here to have a good time. This is however a very female board overall. So don't take it personally if one or more of the ladies start complaining about men in general or one in particular haha!

But we certainly need more guys reviews here so again, welcome!

Thank you all for the welcome!

Maili, the oil+spray combo is actually a nice idea. Although that technique is costly if I do it with all the fragrances that I like :) A cheaper way would be spray + sample vial. I'm currently debating on whether to buy a roll-on or the spray version of Steamy DayDreamers. I'm leaning more towards roll on because you are right, I could still smell some of them (like teddy man) on my skin after hours and sometimes I get the feeling that others get a "whiff" as well. I could see how during the summer they will provide both, sillage and lasting hour. If ever I feel like having a spray version, I could try the DIY way: removing the ball, pour some oil in an empty atomizer and put perfumer's alcohol at a good ratio. I'm sure the fragrance won't smell as good as Mara's spray version but I could always try.

Hey Halo, nice to see you here too. Yep my second cart has November's pheros included. I can't wait to try Corwin w/Open Window and Leopold w/ Charisma as I was not fond of "Salute w/ charisma"....I'm not a fan of green scents.

Quietguy, yea, I have noticed the male:female ratio :) Skimming through the forums, it seems as if there are only 4-5 regular male posters

StacyK. I got the men`s sample plus a couple more. My second order will contain another 16 sample vials. In the end, I will be close to having tried all the men's fragrance that are currently available (I skipped the green ones). But my first order consisted of:

- Men's sample

- Bad Boy (already out of stock :( )

- Steamy Daydreamers

- Sandbox

- Crayons

- Salute with charisma

- Touchdown with MVP

- Sugared Patchouli

- maybe 2-3 more that I can't remember

Thank you all for the welcome!

Maili, the oil+spray combo is actually a nice idea. Although that technique is costly if I do it with all the fragrances that I like :) A cheaper way would be spray + sample vial. I'm currently debating on whether to buy a roll-on or the spray version of Steamy DayDreamers. I'm leaning more towards roll on because you are right, I could still smell some of them (like teddy man) on my skin after hours and sometimes I get the feeling that others get a "whiff" as well. I could see how during the summer they will provide both, sillage and lasting hour. If ever I feel like having a spray version, I could try the DIY way: removing the ball, pour some oil in an empty atomizer and put perfumer's alcohol at a good ratio. I'm sure the fragrance won't smell as good as Mara's spray version but I could always try.

Hey Halo, nice to see you here too. Yep my second cart has November's pheros included. I can't wait to try Corwin w/Open Window and Leopold w/ Charisma as I was not fond of "Salute w/ charisma"....I'm not a fan of green scents.

Quietguy, yea, I have noticed the male:female ratio :) Skimming through the forums, it seems as if there are only 4-5 regular male posters

StacyK. I got the men`s sample plus a couple more. My second order will contain another 16 sample vials. In the end, I will be close to having tried all the men's fragrance that are currently available (I skipped the green ones). But my first order consisted of:

- Men's sample

- Bad Boy (already out of stock :( )

- Steamy Daydreamers

- Sandbox

- Crayons

- Salute with charisma

- Touchdown with MVP

- Sugared Patchouli

- maybe 2-3 more that I can't remember

Sounds good. I bought FB's of Corwin & Leopold with my last order. I went with a spray bottle of Corwin do to the Open Windows. :)

It's fairly easy to convert from oil to spray. LP recommends a 1/3 oil to 2/3 alcohol when converting to spray.

There are many ways to make things economical.

For example I have a full bottle of double ("2x") strength Bang in spray (60/40 ratio). I'll do the 1/3 to 2/3's mix with a compatible fragrance. I have also simply used perfumers alcohol to make my fragrance oils a spray. When you find your favorite Pheros and fragrances you can invest in what works for you.

Edited by StacyK

Yeah - there are only a few male posters but that is certainly different from their customer base! I think most guys find a scent they like and make that their "signature" scent until they stop making that scent or their wife/girlfriend buys them something else (haha!) if the guys I know are any indication. I think that helps explain why certain older scents are very long term and there are not as many newer men's scents on any given month. That and most guys buy samples before full bottles from what I am told and I know I am certainly one of those. Very few times have I just bought a full bottle of something just from reading the description.

Glad you are enjoying most of the scents. I like "green" scents myself but they are not for everyone by any means.

Hey Stacy,

I'm interested in charisma. I can either buy Leopold for simplicity but 1) I don't know its oil/alcohol ratio 2) it's 33% in strength (which I know that it is still effective). However, I'm considering buying Charisma UN with 60/40 Alcohol/oil and order 2 different fragrances (X and Y). Then mix 1/3 of Charisma and fragrance X in one bottle and another 1/3 Charisma and fragrance Y in another bottle (Snoopyace taught me this...I don't want to take credit). Even though it takes extra time than ordering Leopold, I think I'm getting the best of everything when doing that: Having the pheromones at full strength rather than 33%, having it with a ratio of 60/40 and it's already pre-scented. It's also nice in terms of variety. I could have Charisma in 3 different scents from one UN bottle.

Hey QG

While skimming through the forums, sometimes I see you mentioning that you bought a bottle (or going to) of X or Y. When you do, do you go for the roll-on or spray version? If you want to wear a pheromone on a certain day, do you spray unscented and layer it with one of the LP fragrance that you bought or do you boost your fragrance with your favorite pheromone? Basically I'm interesting in knowing how do you toy around with LP products.

Also guys, how come some releases are limited; while others permanent? Bad Boy only lasted for very few months but Crayons Umber and Cry Havoc are labelled as "limited release" yet they seem to be out around 3-4 years ago. It is it encourage sale? Because now that I discovered Cry Havoc, I'm worried it goes out of stock (although it's been out for years)

Regarding the availability.. it depends mainly on two things:

How much Mara made (which could be affected by the availability of ingredients)

The popularity of the scent (sometimes things sell out super quick, sometimes they are around for years)

It's so hard to say what's going to happen. I remember putting off buying a scent because I thought it would be around for awhile. But the next time I checked, it was gone :(