No Delivery by USPS

Gininfl

I just got a text from USPS stating that my package was "delivered to the front door/porch" at 7:01pm. There was no box on the porch or in our mailbox. The box is small and they always put it in the mailbox. So I am baffled as to why it said it was delivered to the front door. We checked again 20 mins later and still nothing.

Has anyone had any luck dealing with the post office on this issue?

I'd see what happens tomorrow. USPS can be screwy, esp around the holidays. Once, I had a dick mailman who marked my pkg as delivered and I went to the post office the next morning to see what happened, why I didn't have it. Turns out it was still on his truck, and I got it later that afternoon.

At least in my area there have been a rash of people getting parcels stolen from their mailboxes/porches. I'm hoping that isn't what happened to you.

My husband heard the mail lady pull up at 9pm to deliver the mail and I got my package! I'm glad he was in the office and heard her pull up. Otherwise we wouldn't have known she was there (our driveway is really long and part of our yard is natural). I hate to think of anything being left in our mailbox at night with all the losers stealing everything in our neighborhood.