Ivory Cats: Closer w/ Copulins

AD3-Closer.jpg

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
LEATHER ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 3 weeks later...

Comparing this with the original (which has aged almost five years now)...I think they're primarily the same, they have the same sort of tangy SLF quality, thick and sexy with a zing! on top. The only real difference I get is the pear is now more pronounced in the original version and this version has a brighter aura because it's newly-blended.

HOLY CRAP! First one I opened in the mail. . .leather, leather, leather only wet. Makes me Woozy and Dizzy. Today, as it just got here in the mail, it smells like dating my high school bf-- I had climbed into the back of my boyfriends car with his leather jacket and leather seats with leather cleaner and I'm drinking some jack daniels straight from a pint bottles and I am starting to get a little buzzed and a little loose . . wow. In about 10 minutes it sweetens up and I start to smell some honey and other sweet notes. I haven't had that visceral reaction to any scent yet (a visual and olfactory flashback). This is amazing. I feel like I just time travelled.

OMG WHAAAAAT?

Ah, there she is. I was wondering when you'd see that Closer had been rebrewed. :D

That's a lot of leather, Lisa! I like it in some scents but it can be overpowering. I wonder if it tones down with age?

Wow, This is mostly honey, vanilla, and musk on me.. Smells like that delicious civet honey, but maybe it's just the combination of ingredients. The leather was mostly gone by dry down.

I'm contemplating a bottle at this point.

First on I get the ginger zing the hint of sweet pear and drizzled honey! WOWZER!

THEN the leather peeks out just a minute or 2 behind...and then it dominates. At first it was all leather on the hint of a honey, ginger, pear cloud - then leather, leather and MORE leather - and I do love leather but this is border line over powering.

After the barrage of leather (approx. 15-20 minutes for me) it finally begins to settle out to something VERY much milder. It stops screaming LEATHER and becomes softer. Now I have to put my nose right up my arm and still, leather is the dominant note but now I can get the musk/amber and the hint of vanilla. The pear and ginger are no longer discernible and it's this sweetened leather something. The final dry down is lovely, but what a roller coaster ride to get there!

I must wonder, what direction would this have gone without the leather note? I REALLY liked it first on while wet with that ginger zing and honeyed pear...

I never got "dirty" or SLF-like anything ..wonky nose or chemistry? Go figure...

I think it is definitely an aging thing with this new Closer. My original one is more gingery pear drizzled with honey and just a lick of leather.

The new one really is leather in your face at first....BUT it is mellowing out already and I'm getting more of the original one as it melds with my chemistry. I have to send my full bottle back because unfortunately mine was a gruesome victim of the bottle cap massacre but when I get it I shall put it away until my original is gone and I know it's going to be perfect by then!!!!

It still makes me as frisky as the original!!!

I guess the tangyness I'm sensing in the new version is the leather but it's never been that overwhelming to me in this blend; I think maybe because the SLF combo sort of evens it out to my nose. But yes, generally a leather note does start out to be pretty strong and will eventually mellow, depending on how much of it is in a scent.

First up: leather, gorgeous, supple leather (yes, I'm a vegetarian, but, oh my, the scent of leather..). Soon after the honey shines through, followed by pear/ginger/vanilla. By anout 15 minutesthe other scents are layered atop the leather, but by no means cover it. The musk is barely there, more of a skin musk. Within an hour, the leather has taken a step back and the vanilla honey takes center stage. At this point, I get the lux feeling I associate with Aja. The longer I wear this, the more I love it. The name..I completely get it.

Honestly, this reminds me of the rodeos in Tucson. There's a competitive vibe to be sure, but there's romance as well. Everyone is in boots and hats and their western finery. There's a state fair feel about the place~ open air tack and saddlery and leather goods shops are everywhere. There are artisans selling exquisite goods. The food stalls always sell the best food truck fare, and prickly pear lemonade and jams to slather on fry bread are a must.

By 10 a.m., the sun is on the way to hot in a perfectly turquouse sky, warming your skin until it shimmers. Competition is in full swing. The spectators are cheering and jeering. Horses paw the ground and shake their bridles. Riders stand beneath honey-scented Acacia trees, banging their hats against their leather chaps, sending puffs of dust into the desert air. The caller counts down another bull v rider challenge. Clowns in barrels hope for the best. By day's end, the bbqs will be hoppin', the dancers will be two steplin', and the beer and whisky will be flowin'. Some things in the Wild West never change.

Edited by Wanderlust

First applied is straight honeyed ginger on me. Smutty, sexy golden honey with a little kick. As it settles, the leather is giving it a smoothness. This scent is naughty as hell! A total SLF scent m, but the cops are hidden perfectly. I get no stink at all!

Tried it on my bf. It smells like a brand new leather jacket with a hint of fruit and a bang of ginger on his neck and just leather on his forearm. Sadly the cops smell a little metallic on him but that may just be the scent. In terms of the cops, I am not feeling any reaction but I have to think it is because I wear them and don't feel anything selfie wise when I do.

But this is a winner on him.

I had a bottle of the original.

I think I actually like this version better.

The leather is worn, soft & light on my skin. The fruit, just a hint of subtle sweetness and covers the cops well. Softly wafting vanilla & close to the skin musk well blended in. That zing of ginger brings in just a hint of heat and spice.

I love this version. Biggest surprise of the bunch!

The barest suggestion of a girl that might "go all the way". Because, it's always up to her. . A sexy bad girl in a bottle. Yum

Oops! Forgot to mention the honey. Can't SLF without it :666:

Edited by StacyK

Oh. My. GOURD.

As good as I remember.

I can tell because I'm writhing around on the floor singing "I wanna eff me like an animal."

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH baby.

Thank you, LPMP. (crying softly) (snuffing arm) (crying again) I'll review this more sensibly once I can think again.

p.s. AMAZING samples with this order...fruity and sweet...I am so happy right now. I want to wear them all but that might be a little confusing, LOL. So...one at a time it is. LPMP comes through again...above and beyond. Every time.

Edited by WildAutumn

Tried this after a week of storing it. Still all leather and the cops smell almost like a solvent so it's coming off like the kind of leather cleaner I have used on my car. I love all these notes and wish I could get a skin graft so I could wear this! I will let it age a while. This isn't my first experience with cops going chemical smelling on me so alas I may need the kiddie version moving forward.

Ah, there she is. I was wondering when you'd see that Closer had been rebrewed. :D

That's a lot of leather, Lisa! I like it in some scents but it can be overpowering. I wonder if it tones down with age?

;) Yup. C'est moi. :D

I don't know if it tones down...I don't think my old bottle did.

Is there patchouli? I feel like I smell a tiny hint of patchouli.

Tried this after a week of storing it. Still all leather and the cops smell almost like a solvent so it's coming off like the kind of leather cleaner I have used on my car. I love all these notes and wish I could get a skin graft so I could wear this! I will let it age a while. This isn't my first experience with cops going chemical smelling on me so alas I may need the kiddie version moving forward.

I have this problem with leather scents too johnsonlisa. Sad, because I do love them on other people and I adore the scent of actual leather!

Tried a small sample today and I am getting a masculine smell (must be the leather maybe black musk?) and a little bit medicinal (the ginger which I am finding doesn't really work on me). And I got honey. But I never smelled vanilla and certainly not pear which I was looking forward to. Yet there's something oddly attracting about it (the cops?). I've had it on a good long while and I still think it smells masculine. I think it must be the black musk and leather. This is one I thought I'd like for sure -- FB, just based on the notes, but there are a few others in the sampler I am really excited to try instead and they will probably push this out of FB contention. Actually, I had the same unsure reaction I had to Bewitching Hour -- they're not the same notes, but the two remind me of one another. Not very sweet, copulin-enhanced fragrances.

Wet I get tangy pear warmed with ginger spiced leather. As it dries down the tanginess subsides and vanilla amber slides in, sweetened with a silky thread of honey. On me this wears close, smooth, warm and subtle, more sensual than sexual. I detect no cops whatsoever, even in the long dry-down. I love how long this lasts; even after twelve hours it stays with me, like echoes of a lover's whispered promises.

Incidentally, I tested this on the same arm as Tantalize, and much to my surprise, the two compliment each other quite nicely. I could see myself (and actually did, today) wearing Tantalize on my neck and arms and Closer on my torso. Fitting, now that I think about it.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to like this. The notes were an interesting combo but sadly it wasn't to be. I should have known because honey often is terrible on me and it turns out pear is the same. This is the only perfume I've bought from LPMP that I've had to scrub off because it was making me feel queasy. I tried it several times in the hope I was just having bad days but in the end gave up and gave it to my sister. I sniffed it on her and it was quite nice but I remembered the smell of the honey and it insisted on still ruining it for me. Can't win them all.

Well, I like this after the initial - rather sharp - blast of leather fades. What it turns out to be is a sweet sugary musk honey. I'm not sure where the pear or ginger fit in.

Quite nice all in all, a bit of smut at first stages of dry- down. Not my first favorite from the Valentines collection, but I'm glad I got a sample.

Men responded to this tonight as I went dancing. They did want to get closer.

• 2 months later...

This smells like a leather whore. Maybe she had sex in a sportscar and her dress was ripped off, so now she has to wear his shirt. His and her sweat and smell are in the car and trapped on the shirt as well. It's the sweet sweat smell that lingers in the air for 3.5 minutes after sex in a car. This is hotboxing sex in a sports car scent. Expect to get naked. I might need a full bottle of this for research purposes of course.

• 2 months later...

I got this on a whim because of the intriguing notes, and - let's face it - the sweet cat on the label. (Who can resist that face?). I didn't really know what to expect. I had a feeling it might be just a little too "leather" for me. But OH. MY. GOD. I think I just fell in love! Now, I haven't applied to my skin yet, but out of the bottle, the scent made my eyes roll back! How unexpected! I can hardly wait to take it out for a walk! :D I'll be back to report once I've actually worn it. For now I just want to ooh and ahh over how incredible this smells, and what a fantastic surprise it is! :D

This smells like a leather whore. Maybe she had sex in a sportscar and her dress was ripped off, so now she has to wear his shirt. His and her sweat and smell are in the car and trapped on the shirt as well. It's the sweet sweat smell that lingers in the air for 3.5 minutes after sex in a car. This is hotboxing sex in a sports car scent. Expect to get naked. I might need a full bottle of this for research purposes of course.

I honestly thought that is what it's supposed to smell like. :lol: Well, maybe not a whore. But, hot backseat sex. I do like this version better than the older one. Can't exactly put my finger on what it is that's just a little different. Maybe the ginger?

I agree Eggers. That kitty with the feather... adorable label!

Edited by StacyK

• 10 months later...

I first get a musky and sweet scent with a slight vinegar note (cops). It turns a little warm and fruity then rounds out to a nice, warm musk. The drydown is the same. Somehow it reminds me of Wine & Dead Roses. Maybe they have the same black amber musk in common?

• 7 months later...

So... apparently the magical key to me wearing honey scents is to have them in a fragrance that also has a leather note. Who knew? Honey tends to take over in a big way and just get louder and sweeter and doesn't want blend nicely with anything; - until I discovered scents that also have leather!

Closer is so beautiful! (and the label too) Although it starts out very leather prominent. it dries down to a amber-y ,musky vanilla. Pear never shows up, which is preferable for me anyway. I can't get over how much I love this, and how close I came to not ever trying it! Finally I've got an Ivory Cats to call my own.

• 1 month later...

Oceanjewel show me the review thread for Closer so I’ll copy and paste here  

Wet on the skin:  Lush, deep sultry honeyed amber with dark musk drizzled over creamy vanilla. Honey-vanilla, still in a very dark and mysterious vibe. Leather never dominates here, just added an nice touch of "danger", a dare , an invitation. Strong in a sense that the throw of the oil will make one take notice, but approachable with a warm and sensual vanilla on it.

Dry down: Yes, when you are lucky enough to get close to the wear, you can't help but catches the luxurious dried down of the dark amber and musk. It has a tiny bit of resinous base but not smokey at all. Smells very expensive, the dry down reminds me of designer houses bottom notes....like old money, but with grace and elegance. 

Sillage: Medium

And i love the art on this one.. :) 

• 1 month later...

I like the pear at the start, which fades away until I'm left with a nice leather-y honeyed amber. Kind of like I've removed a leather jacket, leaving my warm skin scent behind on it. It's a sexy, compelling scent that hides the cops perfectly.

• 6 months later...

I had Bad Girl on today and was reminded how much I adore honey and leather, and then remembered I had an old sniffie of this. Wow. I don't know quite what my skin is doing but this smells really dirty on me. But like, FILTHY. By far the filthiest LP I've tried so far -  I think this is more along the lines of what I was expecting from OCCO SLF, which actually turned out really clean and classic-perfumey on my skin. It's something naughty the pear is getting up to with the honey and leather that makes this smell like I last bathed in September - straight up BO and vajay. At first I thought it was the fresh EOW getting me into trouble but if anything, it's gotten MORE pungent after drydown. Very interesting. Makes Bad Girl's honey/leather seem like marshmallow fluff clouds in comparison. I don't necessarily dislike it, but I will not be wearing this one in the vicinity of other humans.