Ivory Cats: Kara Kedi w/ Perfect Match

AD3-KaraKedi.jpg

TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.

*Unisex

• 2 weeks later...

This one is definitely on the more masculine side of unisex, to me...but as a fan of boysmell, I like it!

:purr:

The tobacco notes and the oud give it a really deep kind of evocation, it smells rich and smoothly sophisticated, but not too dark. The vanilla and the orchid give it a sort of powdery finish, I think, but neither element is sweet (on me, at least). It's very classic, and classy - it would be apt for either day or night, but there's something about it which makes it more of a nighttime fragrance to my nose.

Finally a review for this!!

More masculine, with the Orchid? That's interesting. Orchid is so female on my skin. I love most tobacco accords and I know that can read as Uni at the least.

Your overall description sounds good tho. So many of these look good. It's like a group of my favorite notes got together for a key party. Lol

Oh, yesssssssssssssssssssss.

This is dark and slinky, I can see how it would work for a guy, but this is definitely one for the women! The tobacco and oud are deep and smoky, while the vanilla is a cool streak running through it and the orchid just informs the whole bouquet. What a great scent for PM!

As Luna says, it has a classic feel to it, elegant, but with a subversive edge.

Beautiful and mysterious.

This is actually the one that is reminiscent of ....and I feel fine on me. I definitely need to take it on a full slather to make sure it doesn't go too masculine but right now it isn't at all. At first I had a flashback of Sephora so it must remind me of a commercial scent there. A very high end commercial scent to be sure.

Although at first I thought this one would have gone well with LFN the more it melds with my skin the more fuzzy smelling and comforting it is which is how I think a PM scent should be. Good job on this one!

You guys are killing me with these reviews.

I love Luna's summary. :)

I have Bpals "Pan and the Devil". It is fairly masculine & darkish tobacco scent. So if I can handle that boy smell, I'm feeling this should be good.

Pls let them come tomorrow.

Edited by StacyK

Right at the outset I get something chemically. I thought I smelled it last night but wasn't sure because I had a lot of scents going on. I wonder what that is? That may have been what reminded me of Sephora. But that quickly fades. I tried this first thing in the morning so I wouldn't be affected by anything else and It seems quite sweeter this morning than last night and I am not worried about it going too masculine. It's so sexy and exotic.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

PM is one of my FAVORITE blends, so I always perk up for an enhanced fragrance and while I opted for Mark's Girl Nip and Dylan I think the "cleanness" of this one will make it not for me.

I saw tobacco and oud and thought - Oooooo, that looks YUMMY - as I LOVE tobacco and have found oud to be incredibly pleasant since discovering it here at LP.

It's not that this is at all an unpleasant fragrance. On the contrary, it's clean and soft and - like Luna mentioned - there's something powdery about it. There IS something here that was pricking me in the 3rd eye for some reason while wet :( But as it settled in to the dry down it let up and became a soft pillow-y, almost linen-like scent. Not a scent for me, but very nice. It DOES seem gender neutral and I could imagine it on a man or a woman, though for me personally I think it leans more toward masculine.

This is Cary Grant and Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief. You know the scene. Frances and John are seated on the couch late at night. The only light comes from the moon and the fireworks exploding behind them. Frances leans across the sofa, close enough to kiss John, but instead places her diamond necklace within his grasp. She says, "..Ever had a better offer in your whole life? One with everything?"

This scent carries a weight I can only describe as adult. It has a sophistication that only a grown adult can appreciate. Ingenues need not apply. It comes off determined, mysterious, smoulderingly sexy, but in the way a man in a tux with his tie undone, or a woman in a silk slip is sexy. This is not some short-sighted swindle. This is the long game, winner take all.

Edited by Wanderlust

When this goes on, the vanilla takes the lead but that always happens with me. Once it dries down though, it is all warm and smooth. I don't know how else to describe it. Just very smooth. Everything blends in so well on my skin that there really is no lead note. You can identify the vanilla and if you concentrate, you can pick out the tobacco and maybe that light touch of dark sweetness is the orchid but it might just be my imagination knowing it is there. This is not the vanilla forward smoothness of Mara's The Sinner and the Saint but rather just a warm, smooth fragrance that blends into my skin with notes of vanilla and tobacco that peek out if you concentrate on it.

This is definitely full bottle stuff in my opinion.

ETA: As I wore it several more times, I could pick out the orchid note more readily when it was wet.

Edited by quietguy

This one is definitely on the more masculine side of unisex, to me...but as a fan of boysmell, I like it!

:purr:

The tobacco notes and the oud give it a really deep kind of evocation, it smells rich and smoothly sophisticated, but not too dark. The vanilla and the orchid give it a sort of powdery finish, I think, but neither element is sweet (on me, at least). It's very classic, and classy - it would be apt for either day or night, but there's something about it which makes it more of a nighttime fragrance to my nose.

Yep. Pretty much the same here.

This is very masculine on me.

On my skin, as I wait for it to dry down a bit, the scent heats up. It becomes very forward. Hello! He's putting his hand right up my skirt!

I was hoping it would soften a touch. But, wow! This is not a shy scent. It's very classic'ish, in a way. Unfortunately my skin amps it up. The tobacco is far more brash here than in Girl Nip and I never knew orchid could make such a strong man smell. Interesting. If Girl Nip and Kara got into a fight. Girl Nip would go down.

This is strong, I'll hang onto my trial out of sheer curiosity. But, I'm leaving this kitty for the guys to take in.

I'd love a softer version of this on my skin.

Edited by StacyK

What an absolutely gorgeous fragrance!!! The tobacco is rich, almost nutty, and very present upon application. The oud is a dark undercurrent, and I like the description of the vanilla being a cool stream running through the middle. I didn't get much orchid at first, but as this wears on, everything begins to blend seamlessly, and I can sense the orchid in there. It makes the blend silky smooth, very sensuous. This is so richly masculine, yet just enough sweet that I wouldn't hesitate wearing it. Full bottle for me!

Right at the outset I get something chemically.

Could it be the phero you're smelling? First on, I could smell the PM, but I did not shake my vial before trying. I will try it again later and see if I get it.

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful and mysterious.

This is actually the one that is reminiscent of ....and I feel fine on me. I definitely need to take it on a full slather to make sure it doesn't go too masculine but right now it isn't at all. At first I had a flashback of Sephora so it must remind me of a commercial scent there. A very high end commercial scent to be sure.

Although at first I thought this one would have gone well with LFN the more it melds with my skin the more fuzzy smelling and comforting it is which is how I think a PM scent should be. Good job on this one!

Me too! I have smelled something very similar to this at some point before! It is definitely high-end women perfume on me. Not sure how it would smell on a man. I like it! The orchid is really floating on top for me, keeping it feminine and less-dark. I'll have to try this one again, alone.

• 4 weeks later...

Tobacco, orchid, oud, vanilla.

Upon application this smells very similar to Tom Ford's Black Orchid, just without the sweet amber at the bottom. Kind of more woody and floral at the same time, yet not as sweet - if that makes sense.

It's fuller and more "alive", partly due to the lack of overtly synthetic-smelling molecules, partly due to the phero blend.

As for PM:

Great phero, makes me giddy, smiley and feminine flirtly... in a light, not sultry kind of way.

A little goes a long way with this one, being that it's STRONG. It's fully unisex and would smell just as great on a man.

So everything about this fragrance screamed "spray" to me. Although I'm on a phero hiatus, I didn't want to wait to order this and let it slip away forever.

I did a flip-flop on this one. After the first wear I was thinking "no" not for me. I haven't actually put it on my skin, so maybe that will make a difference too, I have only worn a smidge swiped on my ear rings and other items to test the fragrance. I don't have many what I consider "clean" scents and don't normally warm up to them buuuut...the orchid in this is what I think finally won me over. Being preggers, I'm going to blame mood and hormones for my ever changing mind :lol:however after applying several times to ear rings, hats and scarves and having these moments where I'm thinking - "what is that? It smells so nice," only to realize it was KK. It didn't hurt to get complimented several times about it either ^_^ So even though I had on the tiniest bit, it's noticeable without being overwhelming. Very nice indeed! Now I will have to revisit some other scents that I consider "clean" and reevaluate them...

I got it boosted under the mad scientist option in a form that I normally wear. I've never had LP mix my mad ideas before, but being pregnant I didn't want to be mixing at home. It will have plenty of time to meld together by the time I can wear it :D I usually add something with Est & cops to PM, plus I asked to have some more DHEAS thrown in. This will be the first time it will all be in one easy to use convenient bottle rather than layering...I may get spoiled and never mix my own again LOL

• 3 months later...

Kara Kedi is so dark, rich and smooth. It has the distinctive smokiness of tobacco with the resinous quality of oud. The vanilla adds sweetness and gives an appealing boozy note.I find the orchid to be peeking in the background, delivering a touch of zest, without being overly floral. Despite the notes, I find this fragrance to wear close to my skin. I get the occasional wafts throughout wear, but certainly not the loud perfume I was expecting. I really enjoy Kara Kedi, full bottle worthy for sure.

This is such a soft floral fragrance. The orchid is still the most prominent note to me but it's not JUST floral. This is such a surprise like for me given my foodie bent. I haven't worn it often but each time I've put a bit on my clothes or in the tips of my hair my hubby has complimented it almost immediately. He responds well to PM generally, but he seems to genuinely like this fragrance. Was considering another FB...before it disappears...

I love this one, & I was hoarding my sample, but then my 17 yr.old was complaining about not having any cologne to wear. So I let him have this one. (This is true love, people.)

• 2 months later...

This is incredible. I can't believe I waited so long to try my sample!!! This is definitely floral, but the floral is this sexy ribbon of sweetness on top of a vanilla and oud base. The tobacco doesn't really affect me (probably because I smoke!) other than it provides a plant note. If I wasn't a smoker, I would wear this daily but as one, I try not to wear a ton of tobacco on top of my natural eau du Marlboro. My birthday is coming up. I deserve a FB for sure.

• 3 months later...

Can't believe i haven't reviewed this one yet! It happens to be one of my favorites right now! I am not able to detect the different notes...in fact, I didn't even realize it had tobacco in it! usually I amp tobacco, but not with Kara Kedi. Upon first applying it has a very distinct smell (not bad-just one with which I am not familiar)..can't put my finger on it, but soon after it mellows and I'm left with something beautiful, rich and sexy!This is right up my alley! Very high end! I would say a very little goes a long way. it's a great scent for a day of shopping at the mall or for a night out..maybe a little heavy for the office. I purchased a spray in it and also a backup roll on.

I love the rich and sexy potions like Spark in the Dark...Kara Kedi I would place in that same category...smells divinely feminine on me...a true love!!! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I got this in a trade and I am heartbroken that it's sold out! I love it! It's feminine enough with the oud and orchid that I feel like a woman wearing it, while the tobacco and and vanilla round it out and deepen it enough that it melds into my skin and doesn't stand out as being "girly", which is important to me for a work scent. I'm usually the only female on an entire site and I like my scents to be more 'grounded' than 'heady'. PM seems to work great as a social for me and not attract unwanted attention. If there is ever a rebrew of this I will hoard this like it's my job. :D