Ivory Cats: Musk du Mog

Beccah

AD3-MuskDuMog.jpg

Ivory Cats: Musk du Mog

Because one needs just the right accessory to go on the prowl, we’ve blended numerous varieties of sexy animalic musks from all over the world with a trio of exotic amber attars, and thick smooth sweet sandalwood topped with a single drop of Egyptian Rose Geranium. A lighter but still lasciviously lustful version of our enduringly desirable Cat’s Eye fragrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ANIMALIC MUSKS ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CATNIP ~ Love, beauty, happiness, affinity with animals,
shape-shifting.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
ROSE GERANIUM ~ Blessings, Fertility, Love, Protection.

• 2 weeks later...

First thoughts were, this is floral. Then I looked at the notes and it's seems rose geranium is the only floral note it has. As it settled the floral note stepped back and this is just something really unique to me. I can't relate it to anything. It's not green. It's not woody. The patchouli is complimentary, not pushing for special attention.

The longer it was on the more it settled into my skin and became this soft, powdery and decidedly slinky fragrance, and just stayed that way. I apologize for struggling to describe this one. I was ready to dismiss this first on because I thought it would be too floral, but that quickly changed and the long pleasant dry down completely turned me around. This is going on my potential FB list...There's something distinctly feline in feel too...certainly conducive to being in a prowling kind of mood....

Edited by NuTrix

This is to die for! I was really unsure of how rose geranium was going to meld with the slinky animalic cat's eye/ moggie base, what introducing a floral note into the La Maison du Chat would bring -- and I shouldn't have worried, I think it's stunning! Wet, I am almost reading it like a champagne note -- there is a fizzy quality that reminds me of Peach Sparkle. As it dries down though, the fizz becomes fuzz in the best possible way -- like the guard hairs inside a cat's delicate velvet ear.

The animalic musks are edgy and, well, animalic! And the catnip is delectable... I get that grassy outdoors thing I had with Eye of the Moggie, and anyone who loved that one will, I think, adore this!

Prowling indeed, Ms. NuTrix!

I don't get the patch and sandalwood from this one so much - although it reminds me somewhat of Exotic Musk, but a lighter version of that one, even. It's the suggestion of attars which causes the impression, I suppose. I actually like the rose geranium topnote, against the backdrop of musk/resin it's really nice. I think if you liked Exotic Musk or any of the Cat's Eye versions you would like this one too, but it has a somewhat different character than either Cat's Eye or Eye of the Moggie.

This...is...MAGNIFICENT!! I didn't read any notes going into this so I was a little caught off guard by the floral blast I got going in, but it was a pleasant surprise. It was mildly green and fresh. The first hint of musk that I got wasn't particularly animalistic, it was more skin like and masculine, but as it dried down, I started to get the deep, rich exotic feel. Despite that, the overall scent wears really light on me, and I get no patch at all. Absolutely wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...

This strikes me as a unisexy scent, I would love this on a guy for spring. I'm sensitive to stronger musk/resin scents so this light version really agrees with me, even tho I could pull this off in the right mood, I have a feeling I'm gonna wear more fem/girly scents this spring/summer (like Tantilize!) but will take note of this for the perfect lite, musk spring scent for men or women.

Whoops, retested this and now I get the forward floral, not a scent for men but good for women.

Edited by Cherise

• 2 weeks later...

Musk du Mog is rich, dark with musk and resin. The rose geranium gives this perfume such a sensual vibe without being overpowering. This blend is so velvety smooth, close to the skin and powdery soft. I am really enjoying the "private" feel, this perfume is for my enjoyment, if you want to smell it, you'll need to come closer...

I'm also struggling to describe this. It is drawing me in to its achingly beautiful, complex indescribableness. It is a bit of lots of things, but not strongly any one thing. It makes many ideas swirl in my head, but none come to fruition or really solidify, then I'm off to the next fleeting impression.

It is powdery, slightly unisex one moment, softly feminine the next. It ephemerally reminds me of some sophisticated perfume I've smelled long in the past of my youth, then in the next moment, it feels wholly unique. Every once in a while, I get a ozoney storm air feeling.

I am not really able to pull out the patchouli or rose geranium notes.

Anyone remember Synchronicity? I still have a bottle, and its funny because recently I was wondering if Mara would ever do a rebrew or make something similar. I guess it is the resins and amber that make me feel this is a somewhat similar scent.

• 1 month later...

I usually steer clear of musk perfumes. The commercial ones really turn me off, and always have.

The magical thing about LPMP is that I can wear musk scents. This one is plush, deep and rich, with a bit of sweetness. It smells so grown-up, like a rich older woman with money.

It reminds me of Sand Box, which is a really good thing. I still prefer SB to this, but I'm glad I got a sample.

• 2 months later...
Guest Sonatine

Okay,

Fess up! Anyone try this on their boyfriend up? Note wise this seems more like a slightly dirty male musk.

Okay,

Fess up! Anyone try this on their boyfriend up? Note wise this seems more like a slightly dirty male musk.

No. This is purely smutty girl smell.

• 5 months later...

12-16-16

Ivory Cats Musk du Mog

This smells really good. Very powdery and then perfumey. Other people can tell I am wearing a musk and they say it smells good, but it smells loud. I like this. It smells deeper than SLF. When it gets older it smalls dirty like a definite sex smell, but it also kind of goes back and forth between something sweet smelling. This ends up being a sweet, slightly dirty, skin scent.

• 6 months later...

I am not sure what note I get first in this one. I do get a musk with floral, then a sweetness comes out, a little dirty honey, but with the overtone of a sweet unpointy floral. It’s on my list.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

How strong is the catnip note in this perfume?  I'm intrigued by the musks but I'm a bit wary of the catnip...I don't want to have cats chasing me or anything like that :-)