Ivory Cats: Silken Glow

Beccah

AD3-SilkenGlow.jpg

Ivory Cats: Silken Glow

Reminiscent of the sophisticated aura of bygone perfumes, we’ve created a beautifully passionate combination of velvety-smooth orris - known for its’ abilities to attract and inspire love - entwined with a silky powdery Egyptian musk, adorned with ornate touches of cedarwood and vetiver upon a richly glowing base of Indian sandalwood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ORRIS ROOT ~ Attracts and helps inspire love. Protection, divination.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooo. This is clean and light. Not really soapy clean, but not laundry like either. Earthy clean, if there is such a thing?

It is distinctly floral to me - maybe that's the clean association? But the other wood notes keep it grounded and neutral. For me, that just means that I don't usually go for a floral fragrance but I like the earthy quality that this one has, making it clean to me without being all frilly soapy or laundry-like. It's almost green to me, another type of scent I don't usually go for. It's fresh and floral, grounded and clean. Not a me scent, but I really like it and will use this sample for sure :)

Ah-ha! Thanks Halo! The root must really retain the floral fragrance. It's very nice :)

This is one of the NRs I was most excited to try, since I recognized some notes from Patty's Gypsy Traveler, one of my all time favorite PEs.

I love this! Nutrix nailed it when she said "earthy clean." The orris root keeps the cedar and vetiver from reading as masculine or too heavy, and this is perfectly named. It's a very subtle scent, very close-wearing on me, and it has an elusive "now you smell me now you don't" quality. In some ways, the texture reminds me of Hauntings -- this is a lighter and at the same time earthier vibe than that, but it has that tantalizing wisp of coolness. Just gorgeous!

I really like this one! I'm getting the fresh and clean type of thing but it's also got that woody sweetness from the cedar. It reminds me of a lightly scented shampoo... Which is a good thing. This scent makes you seem like you didn't try to hard, you just naturally smell this amazing.

I'm not the best reviewer for this one because I'm not a fan of orris as a leading note (though I'm fine with it as a basenote). However, this is really smooth and rich, it sort of reminds me of A Taste for Luxury because it has that same sense of sophistication. So simply on the basis of the I AM A GROWN-UP LADY vibe that it gives off, I think it would be great for evening wear.

Grass? This is so bizarre. On my skin this smells like grass. Not the usual perfumed grass note I'm used to. But, idk maybe something like partly dried grass outside. Dry'ish and damp at the same time. A touch of wet cat fur? I get a touch of earthiness from the Orris (that's normal on me).

But, nothing here smells like they usually smell on me. Weird. I can't detect the Egyptian Musk & Vetiver at all. At least I don't think I can.

Without looking at the notes, on my skin, this is a slightly animalic, grassy scent. Closer to something like a refined "indoor cat" Moggie type thing. Sort of.

I'm still surprised because I thought this would be right up my alley, given the notes listed. I've tried it twice with the same result. Interesting. But, I'm not in love.

I'm in love. The Egyptian Musk & Orris root are front & center. I think I will be getting a full bottle when funds permit. Fun fact; in Hoodoo, Orris root aka Queen Elizabeth root is used for female empowerment.

Edited by Beccah

I've tried this twice now as I couldn't wrap my head around the notes. On me, the initial scent is tangy, powdery and almost celeriac. It's very weird on my skin and more of a soapy smell than a perfume. I really can't smell any distinct notes that I know--only that which I listed above. As it dries down, it becomes a very nice powdery musky type of smell--almost like the smell of a dry shampoo brand I use. So this one is not a me scent. That said, the weird thing is that it reminds me of my grandmother's bedroom. I think she had a dusting powder on her dresser that smelled very much like this. Smelling it, I was transported back into her room with her blue and white color scheme and driftwood colored furniture (which is now in my bedroom). I literally saw her perfectly made bed and spartan bureau tops and I just thought, "Hi Grandma, oh how I've missed you." She died a number of years ago and had Alzheimer's the last few years of her life so I truly felt like I lost my grandma years before her actual passing. I'm so touched that this scent brought me back to my beloved Grandmother, even if only for a minute or two. Thanks Mara. Well worth the FB even if I don't wear it for perfume to have something to bring me back to her.

• 2 weeks later...

I am SO behind on trying the valentine's NRs... but now that I am, I'm in TROUBLE! These are amazing!! Silken glow is SO good. It kind of reminds me of royal violets eau de toilette that cuban parents douse their babies in. But this is softer, more complex. Definitely uber feminine and soft. Not a TON of throw, but just a gentle cloud around you. I will update with staying power.

Edit: I don't care about the staying power, (which is going strong after about 3 hours) this is amazing and I can't stop huffing myself. I want to reapply. I want to smell like this forever. Definitely... DEFINITELY getting a bottle.

Edited by belle-ville

I've tried this twice now as I couldn't wrap my head around the notes. On me, the initial scent is tangy, powdery and almost celeriac. It's very weird on my skin and more of a soapy smell than a perfume. I really can't smell any distinct notes that I know--only that which I listed above. As it dries down, it becomes a very nice powdery musky type of smell--almost like the smell of a dry shampoo brand I use. So this one is not a me scent. That said, the weird thing is that it reminds me of my grandmother's bedroom. I think she had a dusting powder on her dresser that smelled very much like this. Smelling it, I was transported back into her room with her blue and white color scheme and driftwood colored furniture (which is now in my bedroom). I literally saw her perfectly made bed and spartan bureau tops and I just thought, "Hi Grandma, oh how I've missed you." She died a number of years ago and had Alzheimer's the last few years of her life so I truly felt like I lost my grandma years before her actual passing. I'm so touched that this scent brought me back to my beloved Grandmother, even if only for a minute or two. Thanks Mara. Well worth the FB even if I don't wear it for perfume to have something to bring me back to her.

Also, my goodness, what a touching story. I totally know how you feel. Hope this perfume brings you a little comfort.

• 3 months later...

I love this scent. It's a soft, elegant whisper of musky, powdery subtle sweetness. Feels simple and streamlined, yet so naturally sophisticated. Makes me feel really comforted, content and pretty.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

When I 1st tried this I thought of my childhood and 5 & dime stores with wooden floors.  I thought - do I want to smell like an oldtime store??  However, just like many other scents from LPMP this one has grown on me and is a favorite.  Luckily I snagged the last bottles....