Ivory Cats: Veridian Muse w/ Open Windows

AD3-VeridianMuse.jpg

GREEN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
DARK CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
BLACK ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
BIRCH ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

*unisex

• 2 weeks later...

This one is really interesting to me, I like it. :)

It starts out with a kind of fizzy aura, like Elan Vitale does, but it's not tart. Over time it becomes more green-centric and it has a kind of dark earthy undertone, which is just vaguely sweet. Sort of like what happens with A Treasure of Aquamarine, but green. It's not overtly green in the drydown, but it makes me think of ...and I feel fine in the way that it gives off kind of a jungle aura, but not a literal one, like Ilori, but more of a metaphorical one. This one is definitely unisex in that it's a totally neutral kind of scent; it would be great for the office or for gatherings where you really need to blend into the situation.

This one is very clean incense-y on me. My husband said is smells like a candle, which is what he usually says of most foodie and/or herbal scents.

I don't get candle smell, but it definitely reminds me of a type of incense (must be the frankincense).

I get a deep, satisfying green from this one, I *love* the green musk in any LP scents, so I knew it had potential! I get a bit of the spice/floral from frankincense...and a *hint* of the chocolate. It's a cozy, comfortable green scent to me. I'm weird in that sometimes I apply LP, and then change my clothes after to suit. I had a different top on, but changed out to a forest green super soft T, and yep, it's just right, lol...

I think Luna put it well with her first sentence: This is an interesting scent. On me it start all green musk and vanilla. I am not surprised about the vanilla because vanilla always explodes a little on my skin. But it is not a bad explosion. Once this dries down, it remains a green musk scent but there is that darker, deeper sense to it that the ladies have mentioned above. In time, the dark chocolate and sugar become more identifiable although the black orchid is right there on the edge. I think the frankincense and birch are blending with the green musk.

This is certainly far enough into the "unisex" realm that is is masculine even if the ladies like to wear it. And it is the type of scent you can wear anywhere, anytime.

If you like green or a vanilla/chocolate, then this is the scent for you. I am certainly glad I tried it. I am hoping the wife feels like dessert tonight lol.

ETA: As I wear this more, I think I can pull out the black orchid note a little more, though that is a function of identifying it, not the note becoming more pronounced. Like NuTrix says below, this is a very smooth green/vanilla/dark chocolate scent as opposed to those "green" colognes that have a certain bite to them.

Edited by quietguy

This is a fresh from the shower scent on my skin. For some reason, it disappeared inside of five minutes, so I got the birch and green musk with the slightest hint..slightest..of frankincense. Then, poof! All gone. So, I'll need for the hubby to try this so we can determine what I missed.

Well, my skin turned this into something much different than everyone else is getting!! On me, this is a sweet almost fruity floral for the first hour or so. At the same time, it is decidedly unisex, so don't let that statement scare you, fellows. As the bright floral note fades, it's replaced by a green muskiness that is fresh and clean. The frankincense and chocolate meld into something that is neither, not too incensey, not too foody, just a rich undercurrent. Like others said, it's a great everyday scent and the perfect carrier for Open Windows.

I would put this under "clean scents".

Sometimes green scents are pointy and piercing on my 3rd eye, but not this one. This is nice and clean and the green, for me at least, keeps it form going soapy. This is too masculine for me, or at least I associate it with masculinity - maybe it could be uni if you like this type of fragrance? It does seem more neutral further into dry down and stays close. Like it could be something I showered with or something I laundered my clothed in...not clobbering the senses at all.

I'm not terribly familiar with the green musk, but I'm thinking it's this, the frankincense and the orchid that are first noticeable to my nose while wet. I get a bit of the woody note and a semi-sweetness maybe from the dark chocolate/vanilla/sugar? Not really picking out the dark choc individually. Mostly a really nice clean, almost spicy, greenness all around. Not a me fragrance, but really very nice :) It's light and anywhere friendly - not unlike Open Windows. Good pairing imo :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

This one starts out VERY clean and soapy smelling. During the first hour, the soap-like quality dies down a little but it remains clean. I can smell the green musk, a soft floral touch from the black orchid and a bit of sweetness from the other notes. I can't quite pick out the dark chocolate but there are moments when I can sense it's there, melded into the background with the other ingredients. It all smells very fresh. Definitely a nice unisex scent. I liked it more than I thought I would. I can see myself wearing this one to work.

• 2 months later...

When wet on my skin, this was a bright, clean, green type of scent. As it dried down, it became muskier, with a bit of spice. Definitely a keeper.

yes^^

. It is bright, like GOOD MORNING bright. A bit Irish Springy (or what I imagine that smells like). But, there's also a depth to it. My perfume spidey sense tells me this will age well and the deeper notes will take form and emerge with a little time.

I love the labels in this collection and this one (along with Valentine) is a favorite. Something about the fluid motion of the cats. That is just totally how my cats would play the harp! :)

I plan on getting this in spray as a gift for my son who I know would like the scent & lable ;) Never to early to start the Xmas shopping. Just FYI - He's 19+ so a little OW can't hurt. If anything it will improve that sometimes taciturn late teen brooding bs. lol

Edited by StacyK

Me no likey this fragrance. My 1st one that didn't smell utterly scrumptious on me from LPMP. On me it's very 70's cultural festival, incensey on me. I do better with elegant florals and sugars (and some chocolates). Its too bad because I LOVE Open Windows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So weird... When I sniff this one out of the vial, I am never impressed. I almost don't even want to put it on. But once it's on my skin, I can't get enough, lol.

There's definitely something intriguing about it. I want a bottle for my son. A little OW is good for him, lol

I don't think I'd ultimately end up wearing it enough for my own FB. But, my sample will get used up.

Edited by StacyK

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...I have to amend my earlier opinion. The fragrance is still not one that I prefer, but I put this one on by accident and then wiped 1/2 of it off and put on a warm honeyed scent and boy did the two smell good together!! Also, the Open Windows in it allowed my companion and I to have such a good time! This is when I learned that Open Windows can be kind of a booster to other pheros...who'd a thunk it! :say16::say19:

• 1 year later...

This was too sharp for me at first sniff and upon application. After a few minutes, it mellowed somewhat into a crisp green scent before the soapiness came out. Then a tiny bit of spice peeked out. I like clean scents but this might be a touch too masculine for me, however I could easily layer this with something else to make it feel a bit more "me." Open Windows, of course, is always a winner.

• 2 months later...

Yum! My man's wearing a sniffle of this for the first time and WE WANT MORE. Guess I know what he gets next! He also has Open Arms w/ OW, this is a good social phero for him. 

1 hour ago, Hildegerd said:

This was ment to be a perfume for men??? I love this stuff.

It's unisex, although he just likes what he likes, don't think he cares who it's meant for! 

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. My man's been bugging me for this one for months. During drydown, it's just okay, just kind of a clean green powdery thing for me. But once it's dry - wow. I'm so glad he pushed me on this one. 

Gents, you need this one. Trust me.

• 8 months later...