effects before and after birth control?

iolite

hello all (this might be addressed in another thread already, so if so, please direct me):

after being on a low-dose birth control fro 10 years i accidentally went off of it (for real!! completely and utterly forgot to resume it for the first time ever), and am spending a few months off of it while i decide if i want to resume. it's been about two months so far and things seem very back to normal, cycle-wise. i'd love to know what others have experienced with regards to whether and how the effects of their favorite scents changed after they went off of BC. i'll be 45 next week (woo-hoo!), and my favorite scents/effects so far have been with SSFW (un), Velvet Kisses, and brown sugar LAM. thanks so much!

xo

iolite

• 2 months later...
This is an interesting post, because I haven't read anything on the mix of pheromones with birth control. I'm guessing BC hormones will alter how the effects are felt by each individual woman :question-mark:

I have just been put on an IUD for the first time, 2 weeks ago. So, I'll continue to see if I can notice any changes in effects.

This might be difficult for me to interpret, however, since I've been using pheromones for almost a year and I used them quite a lot and often when I first purchased, so selfies are drastically less dramatic as they are. Though, if I wear too often or much, I still experience overdose the next day or two: I will need extra sleep. :onigiri_moon_sleep:

Today, I've used Perfect Match to observe the selfies - which I haven't touched in months - and found myself feeling competent and even a bit nurtured and communicative. I didn't have anyone around me in my home office, so I couldn't observe my urge for sensuality or affection, but I did feel a mental bond and openness with those I was communicating with today.

I also wore Gotcha two weekends ago to a house-warming party of my boyfriend's friends'. I definitely felt the effects there, with my increased inclination toward friendliness, less social anxiety, and an amp in my 'womanliness' around my Sir Panda :on-the-cheek: He was also quite mindful of me, sticking around to entertain and keep me company until he decided on a good time to leave.

Your question is for going off of birth control, but for any who might ask about going on birth control, I'd say the effects are still there =D

I just had some really interesting stuff happen to me actually, I had an IUD until a few months ago. While I still had the IUD ( Marina, hormonal) I had to really slather my pheros to get a reaction because I wasn't ovulating or having a cycle it was like I was always at that immediate after period week. It was interesting, then the IUD fell out

So I was without birth control for 3 months to let myself rest and during those three months I noticed that no matter where I was in my cycle I only needed a dab of whatever I was wearing to have an effect

As of 3 weeks ago now I have been on the pill and still I only need a dab, because I'm still cycling. This whole topic is so fascinating because we're all so different :)

• 2 years later...
On 4/27/2016 at 7:11 PM, Ivysaur said:
This is an interesting post, because I haven't read anything on the mix of pheromones with birth control. I'm guessing BC hormones will alter how the effects are felt by each individual woman :question-mark:

I have just been put on an IUD for the first time, 2 weeks ago. So, I'll continue to see if I can notice any changes in effects.

This might be difficult for me to interpret, however, since I've been using pheromones for almost a year and I used them quite a lot and often when I first purchased, so selfies are drastically less dramatic as they are. Though, if I wear too often or much, I still experience overdose the next day or two: I will need extra sleep. :onigiri_moon_sleep:

Today, I've used Perfect Match to observe the selfies - which I haven't touched in months - and found myself feeling competent and even a bit nurtured and communicative. I didn't have anyone around me in my home office, so I couldn't observe my urge for sensuality or affection, but I did feel a mental bond and openness with those I was communicating with today.

I also wore Gotcha two weekends ago to a house-warming party of my boyfriend's friends'. I definitely felt the effects there, with my increased inclination toward friendliness, less social anxiety, and an amp in my 'womanliness' around my Sir Panda :on-the-cheek: He was also quite mindful of me, sticking around to entertain and keep me company until he decided on a good time to leave.

Your question is for going off of birth control, but for any who might ask about going on birth control, I'd say the effects are still there =D

Hi! Sorry to use an use thread but i am super new and havent even received my first perfume oil yet lol. I was trying to find threads regardinf birth control and saw you had a mirena at some point.I am on mirena as well and have had it for about 8 years now. I got my 2nd one in 2016.Ive never used cops fragrances before and i wanted to know a bit more about how much you would recommend for someone with an IUD. My IUD actually didn't stop my periods. I'm regular like clock work every month. For context I've had testing done to see why i still have my period and my iud hasnt shifted or anything. My body just hates me lol. I heard that women on the pill or with an iud do not ovulate so they dont produce cops. Idk if my still having a regular cycle would effect that at all. Should i use more than someone not on birth control medication?

Edited by Keznaa

20 hours ago, Keznaa said:

Hi! Sorry to use an use thread but i am super new and havent even received my first perfume oil yet lol. I was trying to find threads regardinf birth control and saw you had a mirena at some point.I am on mirena as well and have had it for about 8 years now. I got my 2nd one in 2016.Ive never used cops fragrances before and i wanted to know a bit more about how much you would recommend for someone with an IUD. My IUD actually didn't stop my periods. I'm regular like clock work every month. For context I've had testing done to see why i still have my period and my iud hasnt shifted or anything. My body just hates me lol. I heard that women on the pill or with an iud do not ovulate so they dont produce cops. Idk if my still having a regular cycle would effect that at all. Should i use more than someone not on birth control medication?

Hi Keznaa 🙋‍♀️     My cycle went away entirely the first few months after Mirena, then came back much lighter than before =D [after my reiki practitioner released congestion which she sensed was my cycle - story for another time lol]

I still ovulate, so I personally use as normal. If you're not feeling in the mood as often, I think it's worth trying more to notice a difference. Cops can smell different during the cycle so sometimes I use that as indicator for how far I should take it. Actually, Honey as a perfume note works best for me when indicating skin chemistry. Sometimes it smells powdery on me, so I don't apply cops for a while. Other times it smells rich and sticky, after which I'll slather cops the next day because I know I can :D