Inviting Aphrodite

Black Cat

ADPE-InvitingAphrodite.jpg

Inviting Aphrodite

And Blackcat's nighttime ode...thick attars of red and black roses over rich black coffee and dark chocolate, with drops of warm silkiness in the base courtesy of vetiver and myrrh.

ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.

CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

Putting this up for Beach Goddess! I need to do a full slather before real review, but let me just say this one is dark and intoxicating! The vetiver/myrrh keeps it from being at all foodie. I'll also probably do a thread in my journal about intent with this one, but suffice to say, for the past few months it has appeared that Aphrodite is trying to get my intention, so I asked Mara for a couple of potions to help align with that energy.

This is not related to the scent, but Blackcat, if you don't mind, could you share how you feel that Aphrodite is thrying to get your attention? Maybe in your journal and not here so as not to get off subject :) i love reading things like this, they are very inspiring to me :)

This is not related to the scent, but Blackcat, if you don't mind, could you share how you feel that Aphrodite is thrying to get your attention? Maybe in your journal and not here so as not to get off subject :) i love reading things like this, they are very inspiring to me :)

ephoebe, thanks for this; I keep trying to get a thread started in my journal and getting interrupted. Hopefully tomorrow!

Well, this after-dark Aphrodite is velvety...luxurious...powerful...embracing... Gods!!! It contains FIVE of my all-time favorite things on the planet. It starts out foody and ends up drop-dead sexy resinous floral, and this all happens under cover of the evening.

Right now, Aphrodite in Vermont is on my left hand, and this is on my right. They are morning and midnight, polarities of the same experience. What a brilliant pair!

:burning-heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

EOSP, thank you for these exquisite Aphrodite reviews! You capture them so beautifully!

So I have been dipping into Inviting Aphrodite pretty much every night since I got it, and it is just amazing. If you can imagine a sky some place where human lighting hasn't taken over..... a black sky that shows all the whirls and swirls of the Milky Way, and the moon.... this smells like that darkness. The roses are so dark that they initially don't even read as rose to me. The time I most strongly get the rose notes is always the next morning, when it clings beautifully to my skin. This is just so sensuous and deep and fricking gorgeous! I wrote Mara, "For this one, I just want it to be an overwhelming intoxication of the senses.... deep, dark, rich, intense" and oh wow did she ever deliver.

This is SO GOOD, I am seriously regretting not grabbing a bottle (even though my New Year's resolution was to cut down on my PE addiction), it's a dark chocolate rose but the resins give it another dimension, a little sweet but at the same time very sexy. I love the myrrh, it's just right.

...even though my New Year's resolution was to cut down on my PE addiction.

Lol! I've made those resolutions a few times over.

This is amazing. On my skin I have beautiful, deep, blood red roses. Dark, engulfing chocolate, a vibrant swirl of rich coffee, clingy skin hugging vetiver and a deep earth-sensual grounding of myrrh. I love this.

I proclaim, all women should be anointed with Inviting Aphrodite at birth! The world might be a different place. But, it's never to late to come to Jeasus thanks to Mara and Blackcat.

I think Blackcat said it was between vanilla & myrrh. Mara chose correctly. The myrrh is deep and earthy. Giving this some strong character & mojo.

Rose is the brightest note in the mix but it has already rounded out in the short time I've had it. I can't imagine how amazing this will be in six months. I just hope it lasts that long. :heart:

Edited by StacyK

Just slathered in this for the night, and realized that StacyK is right on the money (as she is with that whole gorgeous review!) to say how quickly this has deepened and matured. I am 2/3 through my first bottle, so I am really hoping I'll have the chance to experience it over time.... sheer magic, this one.

Blackcat, I always love your creations. This is an amazing coffee blend that does not disappoint. It goes on strong and the coffee is the first thing I can smell and then the rose blooms out and then things start to smooth out with the vetiver....I need to wear this again to give it a truly better review but I just love it and was so happy I was able to snag a bottle

• 1 month later...

Trying this out tonight, first on, it was very chocolate. After that blast, the rose and myrrh/vetiver come out more. But the coffee! ZOMG! Yum!! This is fabulous :wub:

ETA - is there real coffee in this??? LOL, I couldn't sleep last night AT ALL!

Edited by Bella15

I have been meaning to post a review of this beautiful PE for some time. What can I say about this one? Just...WOW! Mara and Blackcat came up with one gorgeously sexy potion which to me, not only smells wonderful ( I wear it quite a bit), but really does capture the darker essence of Aphrodite, whom I have worked with extensively in the past.

I'll be honest, the name jumped right out at me when I saw this. Then I read the notes. Coffee goes terribly wrong on my skin most of the time, but something told me to take a chance with this one and I can not say how happy I am that I did. When I first put it on, it gave me a whopping, wet slap of COFFEE right in the face, and I thought, "Oh no!!!"

But then within perhaps 5 minutes, (seriously, that fast), it slowly backed away, letting a deep Chocolate and Rose duet sing out in clear, beautiful harmony. In the background, the incredible Myrrh and Vetiver, a note which while I love it, can be hit or miss for me, both joined in, providing a sort of olfactory version of backup vocals. And what of the Coffee? Well, it turned out to lend an unbelievably beautiful measure of depth and darkness to the whole blend!

So yes, VERY much dark Aphrodite. There are the Rose notes which are synonymous with Her, the wet, greeness of the Vetiver, which for me, invokes the essence of dewy, night time grassiness, the Myrrh... oh wow, the beautiful Myrrh. Always a sacred aura to this note for me. Here, it plays out with a perfect, smooth, powdery ( in a dusky sort of way) smell, which just softly ties the whole potion together. SPOT ON nocturnal Aphrodite energy and scent!

I love, love, LOVE this!!!

I was lucky enough to score two FBs ( the Goddess made me do it!) and hope to see a rebrew of this one some day. So again, hats off to Mara and Blackcat for nailing this one to perfection! Blackcat, I would love to converse with you and share our experiences and compare notes on working with Aphrodite. She's a lovely, and very tricky Goddess to work with. To my sense, Bast/Bastet and Aphrodite do not get along at all as they possess many of the same qualities and both are VERY jealous! They also both rule perfume, so in this house, I had simply had to make a choice, and Bast prevailed. But I still do honor Aphrodite whenever I can. ;):purr:

DD! I can't believe I didn't respond earlier to your lovely comments. I love sharing my blends with you; it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling to have you claim a bottle.

And Bella -- hm, was it the coffee keeping you up? Or Aphrodite nudging you towards nighttime hijinks?

And, oh, Rose! I confess, I've been dying to see a review from you here, and I am so thrilled to read this! I have so much admiration for you and the depth of your experience. I confess I wasn't aware of a "dark Aphrodite" aspect, and now will be scurrying off to look for more info! My experience working with Aphrodite has been very limited -- mostly I have felt a tugging at my sleeve that I am careening about trying to respond to. I would love to talk with you about your experiences! I don't know if you saw, but I have a thread in my journal about the first appearance She made in my life...

I'm also getting chills reading about your affinities to Bast, and experiencing the two as being somewhat competitive forces! Bast has always been a stealth presence in my consciousness, I think.

Anyway. Deeply humbled by your words and feeling some relief that my intuitive and largely unschooled lunge towards Aphrodite works for you! Knowing of course, as I know you know, that all credit belongs to Mara for taking the crayon scribbles of my ideas and translating them into art! :purr:

I apologize for taking so long to post this, Blackcat. And thank you for your kind words. I am the one who feels incredibly humbled. Yes, Aphrodite, and for that matter, all deities, have a light and dark aspect, just as humans and the universe do. It's simply a Yin/Yang thing. We can learn a lot about ourselves when we feel strongly drawn to a particular deity and then read up on and explore their various attributes.

I have to admit that I have not yet checked out the thread in your journal on this yet, but now I will make it a point to. I always love hearing about the experience of others. I don't know if you are on Facebook. If you are, send me a an add request. If not, please email me at rose_blkthrn@yahoo.com , the address that I have listed here, in my profile. I seldom check that email. Mostly, if someone here posts on my Tarot Reading thread, where I have asked people who are interested to email me at that address, then post back here to let me know that they emailed me. I then contact them from my usual regular address. You can just post either on this thread or the Tarot Reading thread to let me know if you emailed me. It would be so cool to share experiences on this. Along with reading, I have learned so much from sharing experiences with others. I may even have some hard copy literature on Aphrodite in the boxes of magickal material that I have collected and inherited. I would be happy to share it with you. Also, I may even still have an audio download of an Aphrodite mediation, which was transferred from cassette to an audio file. It was from the late 80s/early 90s.

But back to this beautiful PE that Mara created for you. It is perfection! Absolute perfection! :purr:

YES, DD! That is what I get to. The peeking rose! the other notes take front stage with this one on me, and the rose sort of plays hide and seek. It's interesting... my allergies have been awful due to the weather, and yesterday, after a very long time not doing so, I had to take sudofed. Made me jittery as hell, but cleared me right up. Now that I am able to pick up scent more clearly, my perception of this one is that it bears many similarities to Dominance perfume, which I also adore! Does anyone else detect this?

I can now pick up notes in this which read like amber and a bit of musk underneath the notes that I have already made mention of. It's just gorgeous, isn't it? Totally swoon worthy!

I'm going to be honest. I was afraid to try this one when I smelled it. It smells heavy, like a lot of resin scents, which for me can only be worn in Autumn and Winter. I had read all the reviews and decided to try it yesterday, which by the way, was actually crazy hot and humid here.

When I first put it on, it was strong and I was worried I might have to wash it off. For me it seemed like coffee, dark chocolate, and dark roses right away. I was so surprised by how quickly it mellowed out and somehow was light on me even with heavier scents. It blended very nicely into this beautiful silky smoothness. For me, none of the notes were dominant at that point. So beautiful! I actually applied a but more later in the night and it did the same thing. It's a gorgeous perfume! I'm still so amazed by the lighter quality to it.

Edited by tink333