Aphrodite in Vermont

Black Cat

ADPE-AphroditeVermont.jpg

Aphrodite in Vermont

A fresh and inviting aphrodisiac comprised of just-plucked strawberries and freshly snipped roses of the baby pink sweetheart variety. The body is comprised of sweet butter lettuce leaves, a hint of chamomile and herbs, with a dot of fresh earth in the base. Happy, smiley, daytime love, by Blackcat.

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.

ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

LETTUCE ~ Cools lustful passions, chastity, love, divination, promotes rest.

CHAMOMILE ~ Prosperity, calming & soothing. Love, peace, meditation.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

Another Aphrodite potion -- this is getting its solo slather today, and I am still head over heels in love with it! The rose and strawberry are perfectly balanced, and the rose is deep bright pink, while the strawberry is very tart, fresh and juicy. The lettuce (which I asked for because it's associated with Aphrodite, at least according to internet research) and the herbs and earth give it a fresh green cast. It absolutely evokes a sun-warmed garden.

As it dries down, the greenness recedes a bit and the pink becomes deeper and sweeter and stronger. I am usually not a pink scent person, because I feel too old and not girly enough to pull it off, but this is a pink that really works for me!

One of the really interesting things for me about this one is that it doesn't feel like a "Me" scent, but that is actually its attraction. It feels as if it is opening up access to a new dimension of Me, one that has been missing for quite a while. Definitely a total win! Thank you, Mara!

• 2 weeks later...

This is indeed lovely! When I first put it on, the lettuce briefly confused me. Immediately, the chamomile and a hint of earth wafted through: Aaahhh! There's that garden thing! I worried that I'd amp the strawberry, but it remained polite. It adds the perfect amount of zing. And the rose...oh, the rose. It really does feel freshly picked. Yum!

So, yeah...WAY yeah! This one feels like wandering outside--barefoot, of course--on one of those exquisite early spring days when everything smells so wonderful that your eyes keep rolling around in your head. :heart: It's light and outside-airy and pink...but I can smell the Goddess in there, you know? :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 3 weeks later...

I got the tiny sampler of the PE's and this was the one I tried first. When I first put this on, I was sure about it. It surprised me and I didn't know what to think. It was fresh, green, earth, with strawberries and roses. Within less than a minute, I started to figure out it's beauty. It's exactly what is described here. This potion is full of love and beauty. It's not cloyingly sweet love. It's not naive love. It's this deep true understanding of what love embodies. It's Goddess Love. If I had a FB, it would sit right next to Persephone Potion.

I'm hoping to get one of the remaining FB's with my next order. (Fingers crossed it's still available.) It's beautiful and I'll be out of my tiny sample within days.

Anyway, Here is why I wrote the review above. I went to a mall today with little makeup on and messy hair. I was wearing a hoodie, jeans, and tennis shoes. I had left my house feeling sloppy and a little blah. I hadn't slept well and I caught the last part of Anna Karenina on the old movie channel. I don't remember ever watching it before and didn't realize what I was watching at first. By the end, it just made me sad.

So anyway, I'm walking though the mall and I could smell this on me. It gave me this confidence and made me feel loved and believe in my own beauty and love my whole self. It was subtle yet so strong with a deep soulful feeling and knowing. The experience made me smile as I was walking through the mall and I could have sworn I was gliding a little.

SO thank you, Blackcat, for coming up with yey another amazing potion, and thank you to Mara for working your magic and creating it!

I like this - the combination of the green and fresh strawberry. I actually had a similar idea which I pitched to Mara for the February collection, but what I like about this one on me is how the strawberry comes to dominate, but it's such a natural kind of aura, very cheery. I actually wish the other notes lasted a bit longer on me.

Tink, I love that story so hard! Thanks for sharing your experiences -- I love hearing from others that this is working for them!

I just realized today why I love this one so much; I can't believe I didn't identify before. I was sitting sniffing and meditating on the earth note and I suddenly realized -- the greenery and the earth of this totally remind me of Summer Belle, one of my all time faves! It's got exactly that same quality of sun-warmed dirt and fresh air -- and the strawberry here has the same juicy round pure fruit-ness of the melon in SB. No wonder this is making me so happy!