Age of Aquarius

Beccah

AD2-Aquarius.jpg

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
CANNABIS ~ The ceremonial, ritual and medical use of marijuana dates back over 5,000 years. Variously used as an aphrodisiac, to deflect the power of witches, for communication with the spiritual realm, divination, luck and protection from evil.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CAMELLIA BLOSSOM ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Unisex, for men & women

It's the flowering blossom for the plant most often used as tea. It has a fresh flowery quality, smells like sweet air.

This is a quality I've noticed with many flowers - neroli, orange blossom, blue lotus, etc. Is there anything else you've noticed? Describing scent can be difficult, but I hope to coax a little more out of you. ?

I'll have to look for an EO or absolute of this sometime. It sounds like sometging worth experimenting with a bit.

It's a note considered a 'fantasy' note in perfumery terms. The actual flower is scentless, according to what I just pulled off Fragrantica. The fragrance note is based on the idea of what the flower would smell like. Though if Mara says it's used for tea, I imagine some part of the plant has a scent. Not sure if an EO exists for it though.

It's a note considered a 'fantasy' note in perfumery terms. The actual flower is scentless, according to what I just pulled off Fragrantica. The fragrance note is based on the idea of what the flower would smell like. Though if Mara says it's used for tea, I imagine some part of the plant has a scent. Not sure if an EO exists for it though.

I thought this was the case, as none of the major suppliers seem to put this one to use.

There are absolutes and essential oils for both green tea and black tea that I've seen, though they aren't all that common. Black tea does particularly well in smoky leather, tobacco, or incense scents, being more closely related to those in scent than what you normally might associate as black tea.

Though if a tea-like flower is what's intended, Osmanthus is always an excellent choice.

Ohhhhh!!!!!!! The dry down here is AMAZING. Right out of the vial and on the skin at first was way too strong for me. Maybe even a little medicinal? Not sure how to describe it but as soon as it settles in that sweet cannabis, vanilla and sage are most prominate to me. It becomes quite sweet and irresistibly intriguing. I cannot quit sniffing this. It's such a morpher! I think the clove EO is fighting it's way out now! Yes it is! A surprising beauty to me!

Ok so the patch situation is weird here. I know it's most likely a main note here but I don't really catch it. I don't know if it's just a different kind of patch than I'm used to or if it's the blend that throws it off for me. Most patch scents I have are love potion variants and things like Tyveys Chewey Spice, Comp P etc so I don't know if my nose is so scattered from the ingredients in A of A or what. I know it's there! I just smell a medley of everything else. ALSO! Just ripped open the package so I'm sure different parts of the scent will come out within the next couple of days. So as of right now....it's settled into mostly vanilla clove sage and a smudge of cannibas. A perfect nighttime scent.

My dad grew camellias; I grew up with the beautiful flowers floating in a bowl, or tucked behind my ears. I wish Daddy and I had known that we could have made tea from the leaves, because we certainly would have! :) I've been planning on getting a few bushes of the camellia sinensis because they should grow well here on the mountain but I keep missing my ordering window from a nursery in Oregon! Duh. B) Anyhoo, the blooms always smelled non-floral fresh--nice, calming, uplifting. I would compare them to unscented varieties of roses, or maybe that fresh-cut-stems thing. Am looking forward to this perfume!

Wow...this is really dank on me at first, even more than ...and I feel fine was! But once that passes I like what I'm getting in terms of the amber and patchouli blending with the other notes - very earthy and grounding. It's smooth and deep (yeah I say that a lot, I know, but it's true) and definitely a manly impression. It makes me think of Sorcerer, a bit.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, this one.

I may actually end up getting a bottle of this, but really what I want is a guy to put this on! Wet, this goes on with an intensity that is a little overpowering and I get what people mean about the medicinal tinge -- although to me that adds to the sense of power. It's like a masculine version of what I get with Bewitching Hour (the scents are necessarily similar, just that sense of intense mojo). Then in the early drydown, it's an intoxicating blend of sage and cannabis, with a hint of amber and vanilla holding it together and the clove starts to blossom... it's heady, and wild but also not a lone wolf in nature smell, a very peopled smell, if that makes sense? I think in the review for Wanderer someone mentioned that very few scents have the power to stand up to being recognized in a big outdoor crowded event, and this totally could.

When I woke up this morning, I finally got the patchouli and it was to die for. Just gorgeous. This isn't something I would wear for anyone else, because to me it is intensely masculine, but I confess that in absence of anyone to wear it for me, I would probably indulge in it myself. Because. It is just wonderful!

VERY strong first on! Too much for me really, but I waited it out and it settled down in about 10 minutes. My skin seems to be pushing the clove and sage. It's much nicer now that it's settling out but this is definitely masculine to me :D My skin is just insisting on amping that clove. I think I will leave this for the fellas ^_^

It's the flowering blossom for the plant most often used as tea. It has a fresh flowery quality, smells like sweet air.

Ok, that explains what I get from this. ^

I was surprised by this.

I get this wonderfully fresh, scented floral with a bit of clove and earth. The patch is there. But, it's not too heavy on my skin. More like a whiff of patch in the air.

I get a reminder of Haunted Hallows. Not the same notes or the same place. But, that wonderful trope Mara does so well.

I thought it would be darker. But, it's a wonderful brisk and earthy scent. I feel like putting a flower behind my ear and taking a walk outside in a field with nothing to do but enjoy the day. .

Surprise win.

So when I got my pkg, I tried so many on.. and there was one that was really gorgeous patchouli.. I thought it was this one! So I was super excited to give it a full day today. But um.. I'm not getting hardly any patch now, lol. I wonder which one it was.

Anyway, this is green and spicy on me. I get the sage, and the clove. A little vanilla and amber as it dries down. I definitely want to smell it on Mr Perfect

ETA hours later, it is a kind of dry spicy vanilla. Almost woody. I really like it.

Edited by Bella15

Age of Aquarius begins slightly medicinal on me, but quickly morphs into a sexy, smoky, spicy...(what's with all the "s"?) boozy blend. Maybe I'll share with hubby. but I'm loving wearing this rich unisex fragrance.

I've worn this once, so far. It smells deliciously like I just walked out of a SERIOUS. PARTY. You may take for granted that my skin glorifies (not amps, just makes 'em sing!) the Patch, Cannabis, and Clove! Hee!!! I think I'm going to end up wearing this a lot...but perhaps not in any public place where I might be arrested...*gigglesnort* I didn't perceive any of the camellia/fresh thing, but the vanilla, sage, and amber were definitely players. Something in there gave me a subtle smoke note! It's a rich and satisfying scent. Seriously: This perfume smells like I've been playing a really good weed-friendly party, and having a fabulous time.

:banana011::BananaRow::dreadlocksnaner::BananaRow::banana011:

ETA a few days later: So I've been wearing this more. The extreme drydown, now that I've been *awake* to smell it--hee!!!--is exquisite. I still get all the stuff described above, plus now I think the camellia has been showing up, but I didn't recognize it before. I think it keeps the whole shebang lifted up, if you will. I am loving this more every time I wear it! Also, I am rescinding my not-wear-it-in-public statement. Once the cannabis blends, it doesn't stick out. One can perceive it, but everything just...entwines! B) This is a lovely, lovely scent, and it makes me happy, too (sure kept me going whilst repairing my stone chimney today!)!!!

:burning-heart::burning-heart::burning-heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 1 year later...

Wow wow wow wow wow!!! Another freebie I would not have picked that totally 100% hit the mark of amazingness for me. I actually meant to put on a different sniffie but accidentally grabbed this instead and proceeded to fall instantly and deeply in love.

Right out of the bottle, it's smells like what Thierry Mugler's Angel would be if I didn't absolutely hate it - which is to say all the sweet vanilla patch minus the headache inducing saccharine stabby syrup sharpness. As it blooms, it's a very dry type of sweet, like high quality candied nugs resting in a pouch of cigar tobacco. It's so cozy and evocative, makes me think of going camping in Mendocino under a full moon on the final days of summer, when the night air is just beginning to take on that crisp chill and you're bundled by the fire with your lover and your herb. I was nervous about the clove because I tend to really amp spices, but thankfully this one plays nice and is only slightly discernible under the gorgeous smoky patch, just enough to add a kick. It is really quite smoothly delicate on drydown. I think this would be great on a man, but ultimately on my skin I find it supremely sexily feminine in a dark, sultry, smokey way. I am so impressed and surprised by how much I love this one. If only I had not just placed my order yesterday! If you love sweet patchouli, if you love darker scents, if you love Angel, hell if you hate Angel as I did, this one is seriously a stunner. Just WOW!

• 1 month later...

I bought Mr Perfect a FB of this one, because it smells AMAZING on him... like, makes me not be able to THINK, amazing. He doesn't like it when he first puts it on, maybe it's the medicinal thing others have mentioned. Or maybe it's because he slathers like a mofo :lol:

I don't know how to describe it other than it's how I want him to smell always. Snuggly warm ambery patch yumminess.

(oh, and the mystery scent I fell in love with in my earlier review ended up being Virgin Dirty Old Man - long since sold out, sorry - but yes, I got a bottle)  ;) 

• 7 months later...

If anyone had told me I'd be happy wearing a scent like this last year ,  I would have said  that they had lost their mind. I would have said I'm too old or i'm not a hippie. 

This is super for layering and it's very long lasting.

I wore this layered with Evening Breeze which is a very feminine floral and it mixed really nicely - the scents were back and forth, slightly sweet and then slightly floral